Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krishna Kumar Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna Kumar GuptaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 6 week old she is due for her vaccination please provide me the list of all vaccine for her.
I am suffering from dry cough from last two weeks. I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest me how to overcome this?
My baby boy completed 3 month on 9 august. He breast feeding normally. But last 5 days he intake his hand in mouth. Can I give him cow milk. Powder milk due to gas problem he does not drink.
My son who is 8 year old. If he drinks milk or take any food in the morning, he omits it. During day time whatever he eats he digests it properly. The problem occurs only early morning. Please suggest me what to do?
She is 1 years and 2 month. No medical history. She had high grade fever and mild congested lungs for 2wks. They gave paracetamol sup and nebulizer tid. She became sick with chest distress. Admitted in hospital 3 days diagnosed as mild pneumonia and? Foreign body in lung. They kept her in icu with antibiotics iv and asthma medications. Oxygen saturation fluctuated from 80s% to 100%. They transfered her to tertiary hospital for bronchoscopy. Then she became so sick when reached that hospital and they did intubation immediately with ventilator and send for urgent bronchoscopy. They didn't find foreign body. The infection increased became severe pneumonia. After 2 days both lungs collapse. They applied ecmo for 7 days but it happened complications. The Bleeding increased. The kept her on rbc and fbb transfusion. After that the removed ecmo. Now she is on ventilator and icd applied because pneumothorax happened 5 times in both lungs. She is now one month on ventilator and I've antibiotics. But her condition deteriorating to worse. Every day infection increased. Now also she got adenovirus. Please what we can do for her? Because her condition become worse?
My grand daughter is 5 years old and have problem and don't respond sometimes to questions. Could it be due to complications during delivery. Kindly clarify.
Upper respiratory infection (URI) is a condition, which involves illness, mainly caused by critical infection in the upper respiratory tract. This region includes the pharynx, larynx, nose and sinus. This infection causes diseases, such as tonsillitis (tonsils get inflamed), pharyngitis (causes sore throat) sinusitis (nasal passage becomes inflamed), laryngitis (voice box in your throat gets inflamed) and common cold.
Causes of upper respiratory infection (URI):
- Both virus and bacteria cause upper respiratory infection (URI). The most common form of virus causing this infection is known as 'rhinovirus.'
- The immune system of young adults and children are often very vulnerable. Hence, they are more likely to develop upper respiratory tract infection.
- URI is also contagious and airborne in nature. So if a person comes in contact with an infected person suffering from URI, he/she is likely to develop this infection.
- Not washing hands before meals can also cause upper respiratory infection because the virus can be transferred easily to the mouth and can travel into your system.
- If you have any lung problem or heart disease, you are more likely to be susceptible to upper respiratory infection.
- Those who already have inflamed tonsils can trigger tonsillitis by drinking any cold or spicy beverage like ice-creams or cold milkshakes.
- Exposure to some flu or cold can cause pharyngitis. It can also be caused by second hand smoking.
- Birth defects or structural defects in the nasal cavity or nasal polyps can cause sinusitis. Sometimes the inside part of the nose may get swollen due to common cold and block your ducts. This is a common cause for sinusitis.
Symptoms of acute upper respiratory infection:
- Congestion in the lungs or nasal area.
- Whooping cough
- Running nose due to common cold.
- Feelings of fatigue and lethargy throughout the day.
- Your body will start aching without engaging in any physical exercise.
- You can also lose consciousness in severe respiratory tract infections.
- Difficulty in breathing.
- Oxygen levels in blood drop down drastically.
Sometimes in worse cases, acute upper respiratory tract infection (URI) can also cause respiratory failure, respiratory arrest and congestive heart failure. Therefore, it is necessary to book an appointment with a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the above symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!