Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krishna Ganguly
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna GangulyYour feedback matters!
Great Experience! Very Knowledgeable Doctor!!
In July, I was diagnosed gonerreah due to a unprotected sex at a party. I was given antibiotics for 10 days and I was cured, I had also done vdrl test n it was non reactive. A friend told me that there is a window period of 3 months n I may get aids after that period. Shall I get test vdrl again after 3 months and do I need more tests. please help .what has happened was unknown since I was drunk that night.
The Tulsi plant or holy Tulsi has been an intrinsic part of Indian history. It runs so deep within the realm of our understanding and profession of Hinduism or of an overly eastern way of life, that you use it as a metaphor for sanctity. Most Hindu households, both rural and urban, worship this plant. The benefits of this herb have had the support of a huge mass of people who would not have settled for anything other than a scientific approval of their faith; the humor in this statement eludes most proving every bit of truth in it. Indeed, this healthy herb has been found to be helpful in more than a couple of ways and has thus, transcended the limits of domestic and cultural identities.
See for yourself how healthy is Tulsi:
- Fight off cancer with Tulsi leaves: Tulsi plant is widely sought after for its anti-carcinogenic properties. It is also known to counter bacteria and other viral infections. One may even use its leaves as an antibiotic. Regular consumption of its leaves on an empty stomach can rid you of recurrent problems like fever or cough and cold.
- Pamper your skin with a touch of health: Tulsi is known to detoxify and cleanse the human body. Most skin disorders arise due to underlying skin infections. These infections are usually the result of toxins. Applying a Tulsi pack or drinking herbal teas can therefore be effective.
- Say goodbye to crushing digestive problems: Tulsi can build up your immunity against common conditions like diarrhea or dysentery. People suffering from slow bowel movement have also gained from this herb. It propels good digestion.
- A big threat to mosquito borne diseases: Treatment of Malaria and dengue incurs thousands. Using Tulsi as a preventive herb can be of significant help. Tulsi is also known to cure hepatitis and tuberculosis.
- Bathe in Tulsi water to remedy rashes: Adding Tulsi leaves to your bathing water successfully deals with germs and bacteria. You can easily tackle itchy skin, rashes, and boils with this simple tip.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am diagnosed wid pcos, last month ultrasound report shows bilateral ovaries bulky containing follicles of subcentimeters, right overy size is 10 cc nd left overy size is 8 cc, my periods are scanty, bcoz of this I have acne on my face nd my skin tone getting ,once I taken syrup ashokarishta which improves my acne condition but I leave it after taking one nd half month, now I am going to take treatment in homeopathy can I take ashokarishta wid this, I think homeopathy initially cause more acne before cure please help me in this worried condition.
I have never got my period on time and this month I missed it by almost 15 days and still didn't get it. Its making me v frustrated. I eat fruits mainly pomegranate, n anjeer n lots of greenies. I also took some iron tablets.. But still no change.. I'm told I'm anaemic.. But in spite of all this too, I never get them on time. Its becoming very annoying every month
It is important to have a healthy diet and proper nutrition for women while pregnant in order to keep themselves and their unborn baby healthy. Prenatal nutrition focuses upon the nutrition of the mother before and during pregnancy. It affects the birth weight and development of the infants. The foods that pregnant women need during their pregnancy for themselves and their child’s health are as follows
- Have calcium rich edibles like ragi or makhana in diet. Have omega 3 sources like almonds, walnut and fish in your diet. Foods containing folic acid should be taken right before conception and in the early weeks of pregnancy to avoid the birth defects of the baby in its brain and spinal cord. Other sources of folic acid include green leafy vegetables, beans, peanuts, asparagus, peas and other enriched grain products.
- Having yogurt helps pregnant women. It contains protein and more calcium than milk. It also serves to reduce the risk of having yeast infections.
- Broccoli is also a good source of calcium (for healthy bone) and is rich in Vitamin C, foliate and Vitamin B6.
- Beans and lentils are rich in iron (for healthy blood) and proteins are highly needed for the health of both the pregnant woman and her off-spring.
- Figs, whether fresh or dried up, contains more fiber than other vegetables along with plenty of potassium, calcium and iron.
- A healthy diet plan for a pregnant for the well-being of both herself and her unborn baby per day is as follows-
- 6 to 11 servings of grains.
- 3 to 5 servings of diet rich in vegetables.
- 2 to 4 servings of diet with fruits.
- 4 to 6 servings of diet containing milk.
- 3 to 4 servings of meat and foods containing proteins.
- 6 to 8 glasses of water, fruit juice and milk.
- Limiting the consumption of fatty foods and sweets.
But I am suffering with abdominal pain and back pain from 3 days but still period is not coming may I know after how many days of symptoms the period will come.
I have regular periods also pcod how can cure this pcod? Is any major complication about my marriage and conceive.
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases, and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease, and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly.
Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- High levels of the insulin hormone causes PCOS symptoms like high blood sugar, increased hair growth, weight gain etc. So, refined foods rich in fat and carbohydrates should be consumed in small amounts.
- Whole foods in their natural, uncooked form should be consumed fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans etc. These are low glycemic foods that reduce the glucose circulation by insulin.
- Intake of salt should be very limited. You should not consume more than 3 grams a day.
- Green vegetables have antioxidants. These are good for women with PCOS because they have a high amount of oxidative stress.
- Your daily diet should contain at least 30 grams of fiber to improve the digestion process and remove toxins.
- Milk and dairy products are best avoided because milk helps to increase the level of testosterone (male hormone) in the body.
- Soy products should also be avoided, especially if you are trying to conceive, because they interfere with the ovulation cycle.
- Processed fat is harmful but essential fatty acids found in avocado, fish, olive oil and nuts are important for the body.
- High levels of male hormones also cause high cholesterol. So foods which have high saturated fats like butter, cream, coconut oil and fatty meat should not be included in the regular diet of women with PCOS.
- Protein-rich foods like lean meat, fish, legumes, whole grains are beneficial as protein can stabilize blood sugar. These foods also keep you feeling full and prevent over-eating.