Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna GangulyYour feedback matters!
It is as important for the man as it is for the woman to undergo certain tests before the IVF cycle is started. Fertility is not only an issue for a woman, but it also might be for the man in question. There are certain tests that need to be conducted on men before they can gear up for IVF:
1. Semen Analysis: One of the most important tests for male infertility is semen analysis. Sometimes, a man may be completely healthy, but his sperm production could be of poor quality. Semen analysis is done to provide an accurate evaluation of sperm number, the ability to move (motility), size and shape (morphology), as well as the consistency and volume of the sample collected.
2. Binding Test: Sometimes agglutination occurs where the sperms might stick to each other by their heads or tails. Sperm antibodies might cause this problem. The IVF treatment's success might be compromised if this happens. A simple binding test is done to determine this.
3. Trial Wash: This is also known as sperm wash. It is mostly done to remove chemicals from the sperm. Not doing a sperm wash might end up affecting the later stages of the IVF treatment. In this process, the misshapen and immotile sperm is separated so a clean sample of motile and healthy sperm can be collected.
4. TUNEL Assay: Since sperms build up about half of a child's genetic makeup, a TUNEL Assay or 'sperm DNA test' is required. This test is done to measure the sperm population that have fragmented DNA. Negative impacts on genetics can hamper the success of the fertility treatment.
TUNEL Assay is usually recommended to men with:
- Leukocytes detected by the sperm analysis
- Age approaching 50
- A history of diabetes II type or prostatitis
- Exposure to chemicals or prolonged heat at workplaces
5. Screening for Infectious Diseases: This test is done for both the partners to check for diseases like AIDS, Hepatitis C, and so on.
Is there any danger in having sex after third month of pregnancy? Wife is thyroid patient and taking 100 mg daily.
Dr. Saheb kal Maine ek sawal pucha tha k meri biwi ko last month 11 February ko period aaya tha lekin ab tak usey period nahi aaya hai. Jab k 5 March ko Maine unprotected sex Kiya tha. Meri biwi ne aaj bataya k kayi din se usko mahwari aane se pehle mahilaao ko Jo pain hota usey ho raha hai aisa lag raha hai k ab period ka khoon aa jaaye ga lekin period nahi aa raha hai. Fir pain khatam ho ja raha hai. Kya yeh mahwari aane ke sanket hain. Kya usko mahwari aa jaaye gi ya nahi. Jab k already aaj 8 din late ho chuka hai. Aam taur par kitna din late ho sakta hai.
What is best diet chart and other activities like yoga /acupuncture /exercise during early pregnancy period 3-4 WEEKS (it's IVF)? Please advise.
Hi Sir/Madam, I am having Hepatitis-B can it be curable please let me know, if I have sex with my wife will if be infected, can the infection be avoided, please let me know about this.
1st day of period is 15.09. 15 and next period is on 15.10. 15 but it did not start and as on 21.10. 15 it has not started and intercourse was done on 17.10. 15 is there any chance of getting pregnant.
My daughter age of 22 facing the problem of bedwetting while sleeping at night from childhood. I consulted with doctor few years back. He said it will stop with passage of time. But she still wet the bed. We are going to plan her marriage. Which medicine should I give to her to stop bed wetting.
Although it might seem hard to believe at times, headache during the peak of physical intimacy is very much a real thing. These headaches can affect both men and women. Generally, the headache subsides after one or two instances, but in some cases, the headache might persist and become a chronic one.
You might experience a headache while performing any kind of a sexual act. The headaches are generally characterised by sudden and intense pain in the left side of the head just before ejaculation; it might start slowly and rapidly emerge into an intense one. A headache gradually wears you down after attaining orgasm and might cause disturbances in your regular sex life, if it happens to be chronic.
Although most of the headaches are benign, it is still advisable to get them diagnosed without delay.
Why does this happen?
- Although the exact reason is not known, doctors state that the headache might be a result of past history of migraine headaches or general headaches due to high levels of stress.
- Excessive consumption of marijuana, contraceptive pills and alcohol might also cause these headaches.
- The headaches occur as a result of rapid increase in blood pressure or the diameter of the blood vessel before the moment of attaining orgasm. Although, this generally occurs due to a weak vessel wall, however, if this headache becomes chronic or occurs in irregular time periods, it might serves as a precursor to serious diseases, such as brain inflammation, brain tumours, neck disease and low blood pressure.
- Also, if the headache is accompanied by symptoms like vomiting tendency, confusion and a rigid neck, you should check with your doctor to avoid further complications.
However, one can try and prevent chronic headache with the help of prescribed anti inflammatory drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
I want to conceive ASAP but couldn't after 6 months of marriage. Periods regular but very painful, flow has become compared to few yrs back.
My wife is 36 years old, one year back she got laparoscopic operation for cyst because she was suffering from pain since one year. After that operation she is not getting periods in a systematic way. And she is using AKT-4 tablets also since 5 months. Please suggest any medication she is again starting with cyst inside.
Is there any way to reduce pre-mature aging? Please give me some effective suggestions. Hoping for your favorable response.
There is a tonic called dexorange we both used to have it at night time before bed. Is it good to consume that since we are trying for baby.
DIETARY AND LIFESTYLE IN UPCOMING SHARAD RTU
Sharad rtu starts from September end till October.The upcoming season is sharad famous for sharad purnima according to bhartiya tradition.If you follow the dietary and lifestyle regimen as mentioned in ayurveda you can avoid many diseases and postpone many genetic disorders like diabetes mellitus,hypothyroidism,hypertension etc.
· Eat sweet,bitter,astringent,cold foods when there is good appetite.
· Take medicated bitter ghee.
· Utilize rice,barley,wheat,green gram,jaggery,grapes,gooseberry,honey .Eat food that are easily digestible.
· Cow’s milk,ghee,kheer,raisins and black grapes are especially recommended foods in this season.
· Eat in moderation as digestive fire is weak in this season.
· Clothes should be loose and light coloured.
· Avoid taking sun bath.
· Avoid sleep during daytime.
· The rays of the moon are beneficial to the health in this season only in the evenings.They are exceedingly cool in the night and hence may be harmful in the night.
· Avoid pungent,sour,salty foods,curd,oils and alcohol.
· Avoid kshara based food and overeating.
· Avoid fried,spicy,sour,asafetida,red chillies,sesame seed oil,mustard oil,millet,corn,ginger garlic,onion,tamarind,mint leaves,cucumber,fenugreek seeds,ladies finger,brinjals,urad dal,groundnut.
Common Diseases In Sarad Rtu
· Burning sensation in body
· Excessive sweating
· Skin diseases
· Liver Diseases
My friend was taking primolut n for 3 days to delay the periods as her marriage was fixed on 25th Feb. And her periods date was 21st Feb. She didn't get the periods on time so to delay the periods she was taking primolut-n dosage from 23-25 Feb twice a day. So taking a dosage of primolut-n will affect d process of ovulation? What are the chances of getting pregnant after 25th? Does she has to take contraceptive pill to avoid pregnancy?
My wife is 46 years old and repeatedly washing hands for long time. Nobody can touch her and she is not touching to any one also. She thinks that blood intact with me. If by incidentally she touch someone, immediately change the clothes after bathing. If she go out and on return the clothes to be changed after bathing and only then sit on her fixed seat only. What should I do?
I have a huge hair growth on my stomach, face and breast. Do not know what to do. Also I have short periods lasting for 16 to 25 hours max and weight gain upto 7 kgs in this year. Please suggest how to proceed.
Hi I'm having irregular periods some time having pcod problem consulted many Drs no use I I'm married I want to convince. With this problem I gain weight how to solve my problem suggest me with this problem.
Lifestyle is the Key:
- Eat well
- Sleep well
- Exercise/ walk
- Be nice- to yourself and people around you
These interventions alone can help people with migraines, insomnia, certain patients with anxiety/ depression, memory issues; help prevent strokes, heart attacks, diabetes, hypertension; improve control of seizures, if you have epilepsy; improve tremors with parkinson's; help patients with multiple sclerosis, and reduce the economic burden of healthcare, amongst other things.