Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna GangulyYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old. We are planning for a baby. Last period I got on 7th jan, so we had intercourse continuously for 4 days 20, 21, 22, 23. On 25th there was a mild pain in my lower abdomen, which continued on 26th as well. It felt as muscles in my lower abdomen are stretching. Then next day it disappeared. Then on 28th I had mild back pain. Suddenly my heart starts beating fast and then back to normal in few minutes. On 31st jan when we had intercourse I spotted a little blood. Wanted to ask are these symptoms of pregnancy? Should I consult a doctor.
I am 30 years unmarried girl, PCOD sufferer kindly suggest me what should I do as I have gained 15 kg weight.
I am 24 year old women after my abortion my weight is increase fastly and now i'm 61 kg my height is 5'3 inch My problem is my stomach and breast size increase 32 to 36 wt should I do please tel me.
Junk food is something you should generally avoid, courtesy to the health problems that they may cause. However, in some cases, when you are hungry you tend to go for junk food items as they are easily available. The other reason is that you don't know what you should opt for if you avoid junk food.
Outlined below are some healthy food options that you may replace junk food with:
- Replace ice cream with frozen yoghurt: Ice cream is considered to be laden with sugar that will add a sizeable number of calories, so you may replace that with frozen yoghurt. Yoghurt does not contain sugar and contains probiotic bacteria and protein that are good for your body. The probiotics in yogurt will help in enhancing your digestive system.
- Replace caffeine with fresh fruit juices: Caffeine is a known vasoconstrictor, which means it tends to narrow your blood vessels. This leads to problems in blood circulation and can lead to problems, such as erectile dysfunction. Instead consume fresh fruit juices as they are much healthier than coffee. They contain antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage.
- Potato chips with bananas: If your cravings for salted food, such as chips increase then it points to a deficiency of potassium in the body. Instead of reaching for the packet of chips, eat a few bananas. They contain good amounts of potassium which helps to regulate fluid balance in the body.
- Eat nuts instead of chocolate: Instead of gorging on chocolates, a healthier option would be to opt for various kinds of nuts, such as almonds and cashews. They contain magnesium which tends to reduce chocolate cravings. They also provide the body with healthy fats and protein which help in building lean muscle mass in the body.
- Replace cookies with dry fruits: Cookies contain sugar in large amounts, which has the potential to create havoc on your body. From increasing blood sugar levels to obesity, it can cause serious complications. Opt for dry fruits as they are rich with important nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals that are essential for the human body. Add food such as dates, almonds and apricots to your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 35 years old. I used to have pain in my breast about 7 -10 days before menstruation. For which I was recommended SEVISTA medicine to be taken twice a week. Now the pain is relieved to a great extent but there is a watery discharge from my breast and once or twice the water came out itself with out. Pressing. I have undergone Prolactin and T4 &T3 test for which results were normal. Please suggest.
Hello Dr. My Lmp is 16 april 2017. Yesterday I checked on pregnancy kit nd it was positive. But I cnt continue this one bcoz I have 2 kids 2nd one is only 7 month old. So please suggest me how to discontinue this pregnancy. Is T-pill kit us safe to be taken? There is any side effect of this if I take this, like-vomiting, fever, over bleeding? please reply me soon it's an emergency.
Sir meri wife ki delivery seizerion se hui thi 29/06/2016 ko yani 1 year ho gaya hai but vo abhi tak periods nahi hui hai aur is dauran mene delivery ke 6 month baad unke sath intercourse bhi kiya tha intercourse 29/12/2016 ko kiya tha sir ab me kya karoon aur agar vo pregnent ho gayi hai to mujhe kya karna chahia.
I am 26 yrs old woman & I was delivered a baby before nine months ago ; After having sex my vagina is burning. Please tell me a good suggestion.
Some common causes of itching, burning and irritation in and around the vaginal area are bacterial or yeast infections, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), menopause and chemical irritants.
Vaginal pinworm infections can also cause vaginal itching; however, this type of infection is common in children. Excessive stress and a weak immune system can increase the likelihood of suffering from this uncomfortable problem.
n addition to itching and burning sensations, there can be redness and swelling in and around the vagina and vulva. Vaginal discharge and odor may also be present. Often, women also have discomfort during urination or intercourse.
To stop vaginal itching, you need to maintain proper hygiene as well as follow a healthy lifestyle and diet. Also, try some simple home remedies to get temporary relief from the symptoms. However, for proper diagnosis and treatment, consult your doctor.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a good remedy for treating vaginal itching due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It also helps restore the natural pH balance of your vagina.
Add 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water. Use this solution to wash your vagina twice daily for a few days.
Also, add 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of raw honey to a glass of warm water and drink it twice daily.
2. Cold Compress
To get instant relief from vaginal itching, use a cold compress. It will help numb the area and reduce the itching and inflammation.
Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cloth and tie it together.
Put this ice pack on your vagina for a few minutes.
Take a break for 30 seconds and reapply it.
Repeat until the itching stops.
Use this remedy as needed.
You can also rinse the vaginal area with cold water a few times a day.
3. Salt Water Bath
Enjoying a salt-water bath can also relieve vaginal itching. Salt will control the growth of the microbes causing the infection and in turn reduce itching and other discomforts.
Add 1 tablespoon of salt to a glass of water and use it to wash your vagina whenever you feel the itch. This will give you instant relief.
Alternatively, fill your bathtub with warm water and add ½ cup of salt to it. Sit in the water in a squatting position for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat 2 or 3 times daily for a few days for best results.
Note: Do not use salt remedies if you have any skin tears or open sores.
Plain, unsweetened yogurt with active cultures is another good remedy to stop itching and burning in and around your vagina. The active cultures can control the spread of infection in the body. It also helps kill yeast and bad bacteria in the vagina and promote the growth of good bacteria.
Dip a tampon in yogurt and insert it in the vagina for two hours. Do this twice daily until you get relief.
Also, eat a few cups of plain, unsweetened yogurt every day.
Garlic contains antibacterial as well as antibiotic properties that can help kill bacteria and yeast. It also improves the immune system and helps the body fight infections.
Dilute a few drops of garlic oil with 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and apply it on the affected area. Wait 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Use this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Chew 3 cloves of raw garlic daily. Alternatively, you can take garlic supplements after consulting a doctor.
6. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac, also known as neem, is a good remedy if you suffer from vaginal itching due to a yeast infection. Its antiseptic properties help fight the infection and reduce itching and other discomforts.
Boil a handful of neem leaves in 2 to 3 cups of filtered water. Strain and allow it to cool. Use this solution to rinse the vaginal area once daily for a few weeks.
Alternatively, add a few drops of neem oil to a bowl of lukewarm water and use it as a rinse for your vagina. Repeat this remedy twice daily for a couple of weeks.
Unpasteurized honey is another effective remedy to stop the itching. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help get rid of any microbial infection that could be causing the problem.
Apply unpasteurized honey as an ointment on the affected area. Leave it on for about 30 minutes, then take a bath in warm water. Repeat at least twice a day until the symptoms improve.
Also, eat 1 to 2 tablespoons of unpasteurized honey with a glass of warm water twice daily.
Don't Panic !
Having unprotected sex isn't the smartest move a person can make, but it isn't necessarily the end of the world, so follow the advice below and you should be fine.
We Had Unprotected Sex And...I Think I'm Pregnant
Finding out you're pregnant can be the happiest or the scariest day of your life.
Don't wait around and bury your head in the sand saying 'it won't happen to me' and 'I'll be fine' you might not be, and then you'll find yourself in a much more difficult situation than if you'd faced the situation head on and quickly.
If the intercourse happened less than 72 hours ago, emergency contraception, the morning-after pill, can be taken as a precaution against you becoming pregnant. However, note that the sooner you take the emergency contraceptive pill, the higher its efficiency is.
We Had Unprotected Sex And...I Think I Have an STI
Check for any unusual symptoms around your genitals (vagina or penis), such as:
- Pain when you urinate
- An unusual or smelly discharge
- Unexplained bleeding
If any consult your healthcare provider immediately
Not all STIs have visible symptoms so even if you think you're fine, after having unprotected sex, get tested!
Go For Sexually Transmitted Disease Profile Including HIV ( 1ST Month HIV RNA, 3RD MONTH HIV ELISA), HSV 1 and 2, HbsAg, HCV, Urine Routine, VDRL, etc.
We Had Unprotected Sex And...I Think I May Get HIV
Take Post Exposure Prophylactic Drugs (Anti - HIV) as soon as possible. It works when started within 72 hours and must be continued for 1 month to prevent HIV.
Related Tip: 6 Types of STDs You Need to Be Aware of?
The birth of your child is surely one of the most important and biggest days of your life. Most pregnant women want to avoid drugs and any kind of medical intervention during childbirth. Natural childbirth is a method of labor without the use of any kind of medical intervention. The birth process is purely natural.
The best way for carrying out a natural childbirth is by choosing child care hospitals. No medicines or drugs are involved, and you would have a natural birth of your baby.
What facilities are to be expected?
At the best child care hospitals, there are a lot of facilities provided during natural childbirth. These facilities are not available if the birth takes at any other location such as at home.
Here is what you should expect:
- You can have childbirth without the use of any drugs or medicines, due to modern technology.
- The Presence of a midwife, obstetrician or gynaecologist who is there to deal with the pregnant patients, makes the process much easier and efficient.
- Alternative medication free strategies can be carried out. These are: hydrotherapy, hypnosis, massage, relaxation techniques, meditation, breathing exercises, and pressure point massages. This kind of assistance is only available at the best child care hospitals.
- The doctors keep away from the techniques such as routine IV, work incitement, episiotomy, ceaseless fetal observing, extraction of vacuum or cesarean segment, unless they are required at any stage.
What are the benefits of natural childbirth from child care hospitals?
Having a natural childbirth from the best childcare hospitals has got certain advantages and benefits, which are not available elsewhere.
- Support of staff and doctors: You will get the steady support of doctors, groups, family individuals, or dear companions, who may give you support during delivery.
- Pushing is effective: Epidurals offer satisfactory pain relief by and large as they increase the labor period in case of first time mothers and 16 minutes among mothers who have given birth previously. As you won't get a pain-relief drug, you won't lose any sensation.
- Proper breastfeeding: You will have the capacity to breastfeed your newborn baby effectively without any inconvenience. The quick skin-to-skin contact enhances the early mother-baby bond. This will make breastfeeding less troublesome and also enhance your youngster's sleep, weight gain and mental health
- Ability to move: Most mothers find it hard to move about during labor for coping with the pain. With the assistance available at the best child care hospitals, movement becomes possible.
These are solid reasons why you should choose the best childcare hospitals for natural childbirth.
I am a 35-year old female. Sometimes, I feel scared for my future and think negatively. This happened from two years back. I am taking 0.12mg amisulpride on alternate days. Please suggest is this Ok. I am happily married and have one son.
Can evecare tablet help to regulate your period in pcos condition? I am pcos patient and I miss my periods from 3 months .My gums put me on evecare tablet along with evecare Himalaya syrup and multivitamin tablet?
My wife is pregnant and now she is not interested in sex what should we do now. She has 4 months of pregnancy.
Me ane my wife use to have sex without condom as we both won't like using it but m fed up of ejaculating outside. Can you please tell me the days when its safe to ejaculate inside her?
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.