Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krishna Ganguly
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna GangulyYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, I am 22 year old girl and facing weak confidence because of my flat personality. Please advice me how to get a good personality by which I am also looks like a perfect girl with full confidence?
My wife used mensoon tablets for 2 days as 3 per day. Bt there is no any reaction about that tablets. When ll she get her periods. She had stopped the tablets 5 days back.
Many couples are reaching IVF clinics due to infertility problems. IVF is a very useful process for those couples who are unable to conceive. A few tests will be done on both male and female, and then the treatment for infertility will start. Many people reach out to the doctor with a low AMH count. What actually is AMH count and how does it affect IVF treatment? Continue reading to know more about AMH:
What is an AMH test?
In the ovarian follicles, cells produce a protein called AMH or Anti Mullerian Hormone. AMH levels can be classified as below:
- Very Low AMH levels means 0.5 ng/ml or below. This condition indicates severe fertility concerns and very low ovarian reserve.
- Low AMH levels means 1.0 ng/ml to 1.5 ng/ml. This condition indicates that the ovarian reserve is low, but that chances of getting pregnant are still good.
- Normal AMH levels mean 1.5 ng/ml to 4.0 ng/ml. This condition indicates a good ovarian reserve and very good chance of responding to IVF or other fertility treatments.
Many people have a misconception that low or very low levels of AMH do not indicate that the IVF treatment is suitable for the woman. Some women may have a low quantity of eggs due to low AMH levels, but the quality of the egg can be good and hence the chances of pregnancy are good.
Why is an AMH test important for IVF treatment?
- One of the most reliable tests done for confirming if the woman will have a successful pregnancy is the AMH test. This test can be done at any time of the month irrespective of the monthly cycle and the lifestyle of the woman. The exact fertility health can be analyzed with the help of this test.
- Blood samples are taken and tested for AMH levels. This is not included in your normal blood test reports and hence you need to ask the doctor if you want to know the AMH levels. A combination of Antral follicle count test with AMH tests will give you the best results.
Why do AMH levels drop?
There are many factors that are responsible for the AMH levels to drop and one of them is aging. Other factors include hormonal imbalance, low blood circulation to the ovaries, unhealthy food choices, stress, autoimmune diseases, genetic factors and your lifestyle.
One single test of AMH levels will not give you the exact results. You need to get the test done a few times to know the exact values. Though your birth control pills may not affect the AMH levels, you can stop them for a few months and then get the test done. Talk to the doctor regarding the other medications you take and other fertility drugs you have used in the past or presently. This helps the doctor to give you the right advice. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My girlfriend and me both have sickle-cell carrier in our blood. Is there any (other than IVF technique, adopting )way to ensure that our children will not have sickle-cell anaemia.
my friend have irregular periods. Her period was on 23rd dec 2014. She has high fsh-88%. Can it be in regular process or by testube. My semen report is ok.
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.