Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna GangulyYour feedback matters!
I am a 50 years old lady and having regular menstrual cycle of 30 or 32 days but heavy bleeding white discharge throughout other than the cycle period hemoglobin was low around 8.5 in October and also having anxiety sinus prob and digestion every two three months pre or post menstrual symptoms changes I don't know whether it is related or not but blood pressure fluctuation 70/90 is my normal pressure but last two months it touched 92/138 then it falls down to the normal one this month again it has gone high after two days after my periods back pain and fatigue also.
my wife and she has lost her sex drive that is what I feel and observe it when we are physical. We have two kids and are married for 12 yrs. Last few months I have seen whenever we have sex she has something on her back of her mind. I am not able to figure out nor she is able to speak up. Tried speaking to her too. Also now that she is away for work in different city she seems to be more happy. But last week she had been home for two days almost after one and half month. She was happy to see kids and me. But on the bed she seem to have the same problem. Please help me to identify the problem and suggest a solution.
Is it possible if a pregnant woman see the face of someone, the same face will be obtain by a baby after delivery?
Do you know about the various benefits of yoga for your body and health? Yoga is the answer for a lot of aspects which everyone desires, such as a peaceful mind, a strong and flexible body and a healthy, glowing skin. It is commonly perceived that yoga aims at weight loss, but there are numerous benefits, which you can get by practicing yoga regularly. Here are the various ways in which yoga is ideal for your everyday life. It covers lots of aspects associated with your health and body functioning.
Yoga for overall fitness
You need to be physically fit, as well as perfectly balanced emotionally and mentally. This ensures that you are healthy in the true sense. Health is like a dynamic expression of life based on how happy, loving and enthusiastic you are in life. The various postures of yoga help in maintaining overall fitness, and balance both your mind and body in an ideal way.
- It helps in improving health.
- It gives you enhanced strength of mind.
- Your physical power and stamina gets boosted.
- Your body is perfectly detoxified.
Yoga for weight loss
Yoga is excellent for weight loss purposes. The Kapalbhati Pranayama and the Sun Salutations are effective yoga practices, which help you to lose excess weight. With regular yoga practice for a long time, you become extra sensitive to the types of food your body demands. This is effective for keeping a check on your weight.
Yoga for stress relief
Some minutes of yoga every day is a good way of eliminating stress that you experience in daily life. It refers to both physical and mental stress. Certain yoga postures, meditation, and Pranayama are ideal practices for getting rid of stress.
Yoga and inner peace
In today’s hectic world and the hustle bustle of daily life, every person desires some peace. This peace can be found within your own self and you do not always need to escape to the mountain to breathe freely. Practicing yoga regularly will give you immense inner peace, which is equivalent to a mini holiday to some nice, serene place. Yoga is very essential for calming your disturbed and troubled mind.
Moreover, yoga poses massage your organs and help in strengthening your muscles. The various breathing exercises and meditation forms associated with yoga are great for releasing unwanted, undesirable stress from your system. This, in turn, improves your immune system and prevents you from getting affected by frequent diseases and health conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am newly married, I want to know how much (number of times in a day) sex is good for to control health as well work stress.
Hlo meri mrg ko 8 month ho re hai but pregnancy ka koi chance ni bnn rha me bht upset ho jati jb periods ate aisa kyu Kya jb tk ldki ko sex ka mja ni ayega tb tk pregnancy nai hoti please suggest me.
She is suffering from nausea vomiting conditions from 4-5 months. Sudden painful backaches. Pain during micturition. ! 1 month ago she was diagnosed for gallstones. And urinary tract infection. She was treated for uti . Day before yesterday suddenly she got backache and pain in vagina. And in her reports she was diagnosed with 90-100hpf Pus cells in urine. Again a uti was reported . Now she is treated with iv. ondansetron . And tazobactam.
Hi. I'm 8 do and have continuous positive opk from day 11 of my cycle. I have regular periods with 29 days cycle and actively trying for a baby. Can you pls tell me why these continuous positive opk?
Sir, I got married 11/2 years back. For 6 months we were happy during that time I became pregnant and I did abortion. After that due to some family problems my husband stopped doing sex from last September and now he is saying that he is not interested in me do we have any medicines so that he will come back to me for doing sex.
Is there any sort of medicine to avoid pregnancy after one month? And is this aviable in normal medical store?
I have constipation & gas problem. My period time is change day by day. I have little flow for two days when I am in period. My stomach is become big. So please suggest me for food & food timing & some ayurvedic tips.
I am 50 years old female suffering from insomnia, depression,anxiety,migraine, suffer from hot flashes in night. My uterus is removed due to fibroid but ovaries are intact. I have gone through hormonal tests and it is normal. Whether this is condition of menopause or some neuro problem or phycological problem. What should I do.?
Hi, I am married Wants to conceive, we had intercourse on 17th Feb my dates came on 11 Feb now I must not feeling well pain in lower abdominal, dizzy etc. Please suggest do I have symptoms or what?
Garlic has long been known as the health booster extraordinaire. But why? The answer lies in the compounds it packs in. Garlic contains several vital nutrients including vitamins, amino acids, and enzymes. It gets its characteristic sulphur smell from the amino acid allicin, and this is responsible for most of its health benefits. Read on to learn more about the health benefits of garlic.
- An excellent anti-oxidant: Research shows conclusively that eating garlic boosts your natural supply of hydrogen sulfide. This gas acts as an antioxidant and helps relax blood vessels and increase blood flow through them, thus promoting cardiovascular health. Higher hydrogen sulphide levels also protect the heart, thereby preventing damage to heart muscle.
- Lowers cholesterol levels: Studies have proved that garlic reduces cholesterol levels, especially LDL and triglycerides by almost 9 to 12 percent.
- Rich in antibacterial and anti-fungal properties: Garlic is a natural antibiotic and can eliminate harmful bacteria while preserving good bacteria. Its allicin content is responsible for its anti-fungal properties.
- Blood thinner: Garlic thins the blood and is an excellent bulwark against heart disease, blood clots, heart attacks and stroke.
- Immune booster: Garlic has strong antiviral properties too. It’s very effective against colds. You can reduce the length and frequency of colds by consuming garlic.
- Lowers atherosclerosis risk: As garlic acts as a blood thinner, it prevents blood clots and destroys plaque, which contribute to the development of atherosclerosis.
- Lowers blood pressure: Garlic is used as a remedy for hypertension all over the world, especially in China and Japan.
- Lowers risk of cancer: Certain cancers can be prevented by eating raw garlic. These include cancers of the stomach, colon, oesophagus, pancreas, and breasts.
Now let’s look at the downsides of garlic consumption.
- A few people may be allergic to garlic. They should never eat garlic raw. And, if they get a skin outbreak, high temperature or headache, they should stop consuming garlic. Eating up to 10 cloves a day is ok, but more than this can have unsavory results like indigestion and garlic-breath.
- Indians are great garlic users, but we make a mistake while cooking with garlic. We cook garlic immediately after crushing or chopping it. But, to maximize the health benefits, you should crush the garlic and use it to cook your curries only after letting it to sit for about 15 minutes. This triggers an enzyme reaction in the crushed garlic cloves that boosts healthy compounds in it.
- Also consume raw garlic first thing in the morning without chewing to reap its awesome health benefits.
- If you are scared of garlic breath, you can consume garlic pills, but the resultant data on these supplements has been mixed. There is no clear indication that the active ingredients in garlic responsible for giving it its health punch, remain active in a pill form too.
4 ways to never fall sick at season change
It is your body's immune system that stands between you and the germs. But sometimes it can fail to protect you against disease-causing microbes.
Nonetheless, there are ways in which you can significantly boost your body's immune system and these are:
1. Get adequate sleep and manage your stress well
Depriving yourself of sleep as well as being under stress all the time can hinder the functioning of your immune system. These two actions can bring about an increase in the production of cortisol or the stress hormone and a decrease in the production of protective proteins called cytokines that act against infection or inflammation. Moreover, research shows that individuals who don't get adequate quality sleep are more prone to falling sick.
2. Include fruits, vegetables and nuts in your diet
For boosting your immunity, you need to have an adequate amount of fruits and vegetables as well as nuts. This is because the strength of your immunity rests on nutrients that are supplied to your body. In order for your immune system to experience the beneficial effects of the various nutrients including vitamins and minerals, oats, barley, carrots and cauliflower are few of the immunity-boosting foods that you need to include in your diet.
A test conducted on a group of older adults reveal that upping the consumption of fruits and vegetables improved antibody reaction to the Pneumovax vaccine, which is given out to protect against the bacteria called streptococcus pneumonia.
3. Soak in some sun
Vitamin d obtained from the sun can help in boosting your immune system. Research by the university of Copenhagen has revealed that vitamin d or sunshine vitamin is vital for triggering and arming your body's t cells (a form of white blood cells responsible for killing bacteria or virus infected cells) against disease-causing microorganisms. In order for these cells to be activated, sufficient amount of vitamin d must be made available in the blood.
4. Say 'yes' to exercise
Just as certain foods play an important role in strengthening the immune system, exercise is also essential for promoting general good health and a strong immune system. It helps in improving the flow of blood, enabling the ease of movement of cells and substances throughout the body, thereby allowing them to work efficiently.