Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
The prevalence of childhood obesity has increased dramatically over the past few decades, and obesity during adolescence is associated with significant medical morbidity during adulthood. Eating disorders and obesity are usually seen as very different problems, but actually share many similarities. Eating disorders (EDs) are the third most common chronic condition in adolescents, after obesity and asthma.
In fact, eating disorders, obesity, and other weight-related disorders may overlap as girls move from one problem, such as unhealthy dieting, to another, such as obesity. Understand the links between eating disorders and obesity and promote healthy attitudes and behaviors related to weight and eating.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating Disorders describe illnesses that are characterized by irregular eating habits and severe distress or concern about body weight or shape. Eating disturbances may include inadequate or excessive food intake which can ultimately damage an individual’s well-being. The most common forms of eating disorders include Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder and affect both females and males.
Signs & Symptoms of an Eating Disorder:
A man or woman suffering from an eating disorder may reveal several signs and symptoms, some which are:
- Chronic dieting despite being hazardously underweight
- Constant weight fluctuations
- Obsession with calories and fat contents of food
- Engaging in ritualistic eating patterns, such as cutting food into tiny pieces, eating alone, and/or hiding food
- Continued fixation with food, recipes, or cooking; the individual may cook intricate meals for others but refrain from partaking
- Depression or lethargic stage
- Avoidance of social functions, family and friends. May become isolated and withdrawn
- Switching between periods of overeating and fasting
What are the health risks associated with these disorders?
- Stunted growth.
- Delayed menstruation.
- Damage to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
- Nutritional deficiencies, including starvation.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means being overweight by the accumulation of excess fat within the body. Obesity is defined to some extent by measuring Body Mass Index (BMI). People become obese by consumption of excess calories, imbalance between calories intake and calories outgoing, leading a sedentary life, lack of sleep , disturbances in lipid metabolism and intake of medications that put on obese.
What are the risks associated with obesity?
Obesity increases the risk for:
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- Gallbladder disease
- Respiratory problems
- Emotional problems such as depression and anxiety
How eating disorder and obesity are related?
Eating disorders and obesity are part of a range of weight-related problems.
- Body dissatisfaction and unhealthy dieting practices are linked to the development of eating disorders, obesity, and other problems.
- Binge eating is common among people with eating disorders and people who are obese.
- Depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders are associated with both eating disorders and obesity.
- The environment may contribute to both eating disorders and obesity.
Healp adolescents develop healthy eating habits:
- Healp children learn to control their own eating.
- Offer children a variety of healthy foods at meal and snack times.
- Eat dinner together as a family most days of the week.
- Be aware of your child's emotional health or else consult a psychologist
- Encourage children to participate in sports, dance, swimming and other physical activities.
- Counteract harmful media messages about body image.
The splendid approach:
The approach should be quite simple. A proper diet plan, nutritious foods and fruits with proper exercise can do a world of good to you.
Hi I am sle patient cant get period without medicines from last 8 Months I am taking treatment of infertility last month my follicular study is like this 25mm and 26mm but I dint conceive now my doctor has given me lupi hmg75 injection is there any possibility of getting my pregnant I want a baby please help me.
I am diabetic frm last 6months and im also very obese I hav joined gym im taking my diabetes medicines i. E glycomet gp1 2 times in morning b4 breakfast n before dinner im having healthy diet but after gyming I feel very very exhausted very tired my legs starts paining n I feel like sleeping.
Thirty is more or less the age by which you can consider yourself a woman of the world. You have toiled hard to get into a comfortable space at work and are into a stable relationship as well. An important aspect to not ignore is your sexual life. Be equipped with the right ideas and ways to enjoy that aspect of your life.
Some facts and tips for the women of today.
1. Safety is foremost: meaningless hookups or otherwise - you cannot be careless; safety must be your priority.
2. Express yourself: men are bad at guessing. They will not be able to guess what you like and how you like it. Tell the man exactly what you expect.
3. Live in the moment: a quickie is never a bad idea. Having frequent sex has its perks for your mood as well as overall health. An impromptu quickie will only put a spring to your steps.
4. Watch each other pleasuring self: it is not just for visual appeal, it is in fact educative - you get to study exactly what type of touch, speed, grip, etc gives him the most pleasure. He gets to know the same about you.
5. Take the initiative: most men like being shown that they are desired too. Why should he always initiate sex. Take the lead.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
I had sex with my fiance. It didn't pain nor it bleed. I was free to move here and there and he didn't let the sperms go in. Is it I'm not a virgin? Or is it he didn't inserted his penis fully and will I become pregnant? I even fingered the place from where we get our periods that place is still hard and tight as it was before. And I had taken unripe papaya also to avoid getting pregnant is it ok. Please answer my questions.
Hello doctor. I'm 28 years old and got married 1.5 years before. Since I have been affected by hbv, we were postponed the pregnancy. Now my husband is vaccinated and we are planning for a baby. Suggest me some tips to get healthy pregnancy with boy baby.
My wife has missed period for about 5 days and she has tested positive with a pregnancy kit. What should she do next. Whether to consult with doctor or not or wait for some times.
I have regular bleeding from many days and doctor says take menoreg syrup n gynar cvp does it helps?
15 days before I had sex that was unsafe sex I was not use any protection during sex. But now I am varied about hiv. How should I know I am affected from hiv or not? Is there any common symptoms? When should I do hiv test for more prominent result? That women said she have not hiv +ve but my fear was steel remain. please guide me.
I am male age 27years, I have married last, tomorrow is that date for my wife's menstrual so can we have sex today? We do not need pregnancy, Will be there any chance of pregnancy?
I am 35 year old with Fallopian tube blocked and one living child. what are my chances of success in ivf.
I am 25years and have missed my periods by 8 days. What should I do I tried the home pregnancy test and its negative.
She is having breast pain for the past few days. She got her xray and sonography done. But yet doctors find nothing wrong. Is there any way to cure her.
Hi , I am a 27 years old female. I had unprotected sexual contact on 1st July that resulted in minor cuts around the vaginal opening to which I used coconut oil for relief. Following this, on 4th july I suffered from high fever and minor urine discomfort/infection to which I used, amoxicillin, twice a day combiflam thrice a day and alkasol for three consecutive days. This brought relief from fever and urine infection. However, the fever didn't go away completely and the cuts near the vagina started causing more discomfort to which I opted for norfloxin and combiflam again on 8th july and saw a gyna on 9th july morning. I shaved my pubic hair the same morning before seeing the doctor, she advised me betadine to apply on the cuts and did not see any trace of infection so stopped all my medications. Just to mention here that I got my periods on 9th July morning as well. Now post visiting the doctor, I again had fever the same night (9th july) but felt better on 10th through the day. On 10th evening, while taking a shower I figured small pimples have popped up near the vaginal area and by the time I saw the doctor on 11 th evening, pimples were turned into boils and I had fever too. The doctor advised ciprobid (500 mg) & bcasule twice a day + combiflam thrice a day. I had high fever last night (12th) and rhe boils burst causing pain bleeding and water outburst. I have a burning feeling where the boils are and severe headache not to mention ongoing weakness. I pee in discomfort and have excreted in two days. I am on a normal regular three meal diet, no change. Please advice any other medication, change of routine to get rid of the pain and bleeding boils.
I m 22years old trying for kids since 10 months but I m not fertilization what I should do. My periods are regular, after marriage my vagina is itching at13 day after period.
Sir, Mam I had unprotected sex with my gf on 21. March, 2016. And her MC is not regular. Her last cycle was missed. And the next expected is on 29. March. 2016. She took i-pill as as contraceptive pill after 2 hours of having intercourse. Now she feels a little pain in her stomach. Ohhh I forgot to mention that I also used condom. But it was our first time so we don't wanna take risk. That's why she took pill. As I told you she feels some pain and a light bleeding in the morning when she wakeup. My question is. What are the chances of pregnancy? And what is the best time to take a pregnancy test? And is there any way to stop pregnancy if she is pregnant? please help me I don't want her to feel help less. please reply as soon as possible.
Hi I missed the lunch for 5 days continues, and I get small pain in my stomach some time, please tell me what is the problem and how to over come.
And it is not advisable to depend on allopathic everytime as side-effects to those medicines cannot be neglected. Instead, try some home remedies that are good and quick enough to cure it and there are no side effects to these remedies! here are few handy tips coming straight from kitchen:
1. Gargle with hot water by adding a pinch of salt into it, it helps in curing the sore throat.
2. Keep drinking hot drinks like coffee and tea or simply luke warm water.
3. Add turmeric powder, ginger powder and a teaspoon of honey to warm milk. This not only helps in curing cough but also relieves from bodyache, cold and headache.
4. For cold, steam inhalation is the best home remedy.
5. While preparing your tea, add few tulsi leaves and crushed ginger to it along with black pepper, it is much relief for cough and cold.
6. One who is susceptible to cough and cold should consume chavanprash (it is the best ayurvedic tonic for winter) or amla murrabba as it comprises high content of vitamin c which helps one develop a strong immunity against cough and cold.
Homeopathy works really well. Taking appropriate remedies can reduce the time spent in each stage and also aids complete recovery.
Homeopathic remedies help relieve cough and cold symptoms alongside proper rest, plenty of fluids and simple nourishing food. Consult me to get rid of stubborn cough.