Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Krishna Batra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna BatraYour feedback matters!
Hi, mam We are residing in vizag currently. Doctors has advised us to go for IVF and also gone through laparoscopy to remove blockage of Fallopian tubes but was not successful. I need to know full procedure and how much time it is taking as we have to take leave from work. Total expenses how much are approximately? And are you fertilizing two eggs at a time or only one.
Pregnancy test results (hiv-i/ii, tsh, cbc, rubella, pt- inr, abo-rh etc) all normal still my wife had 2nd missed abortion ultrasound after 6weeks was normal but when went 4 2nd us in 11th week, there was no heart beat activity in the featus. Consulting gyne also but seek your wise opinion? can getting scared on seeing a fight could be reason? can any jerk on speed braker could be reason? blood gp is a+. Her age 38.
Hello Dr's.This is my 6 mnth pregnancy. While I had intercourse almost all d times I experienced pain. Is it that during natural child birth I vl experience that pain or vl that pain can create any hindrance in delivery? Please clarify.
Homeopathy, being an alternative form of medicine, is often misunderstood when compared to allopathic treatments. In fact, there are many myths and rumours about the working of this field of medicine. This has become a primary reason as to why many people think twice before trying out homeopathy. However, of late, more and more people are breaking the shackles of these myths and rumours and opting for this natural and alternative form of medicine. Here are certain myths and facts which disclose the truth about them.
- It is often said that homeopathy first aggravates the symptoms and then reduces it. Most people shy away from this prospect and decide otherwise. The fact is, sometimes the condition worsens naturally due to the serious stage at which it is in. This is, however, not caused by side effects of taking any homeopathic pills. Thus, this line of treatment does not aggravate the symptoms. This is a myth and should be looked beyond.
- A set of people believe that homeopathy, being natural, has the ability to cure any disease whatsoever. But it has to be kept in mind that homeopathy is, after all, a natural science of medicine. Just as allopathic cure sometimes fails to produce the desired results, homeopathy too fails at times in delivering. But this is no reason to not opt for such a treatment. Every field of medicine has its own sets of limitations.
- At times, homeopathic doctors are not given the same respect that is given to those who practice allopathic treatment and deal in general medical sciences. Here, it needs to be discussed that homeopathy is an alternate form of medicine, which is practiced by those who have a proper degree in medicine, even in general medicine. In fact, many conventional doctors have thought it beneficial to switch streams of practice and have left allopathy for homeopathic treatments.
- Homeopathy is believed to provide relief only from pains, allergies and maybe skin troubles. But it is not so. Recent developments and studies have shown that homeopathy, if administered effectively, can also bring about pathological changes in the individual.
- People think that homeopathy takes time to show its results. But this is not true. In fact, at times while treating fever, cold and allergies, it shows rapid results. It is only when the disease is chronic that it takes time to heal.
These are some of the popular myths about homeopathy and it is needed that these myths are busted so that more and more people believe in the power of homeopathy.
Hi everyone i am 26 year old and i am suffering high bp problem and thyroid. BCoz of bp I got abortion of 3 month. Now again I want to conceive. How to control bp ?Please suggest.
Hi Doctor, I am 4 month pregnant now through IVF. Doctors have suggested me take injections of Cutenox 40 MG and Duphaston and Gestone since start of the month. Do I need to take this medicines on daily base and how long should I take this medicines? My BP and other reports are normal.
I am , 28 year old unmarried. My menstruation day become short, means 4 days become 2 days. After 2 days my menstruation stopped. What can I do for this problem.
Cholesterol is a fatty substance made by the liver and distributed throughout the body. It plays an essential role and is an important ingredient in the various hormones. Most of the cholesterol is made by the liver, and only about 25% is received from the foods that are consumed.
Based on the density of the cholesterol molecules,
- High density lipoprotein (HDL) which is the good cholesterol
- Low density lipoprotein (LDL) which is the one to be worried about
- Very low density lipoproteins (VLD) which is very bad for health
How it evolves:
Almost all the body systems are affected when there are increased amounts of cholesterol in circulation. The evolution is outlined below.
- Cholesterol circulates in the body normally, and because of its density, it moves sluggishly compared to the other components in the blood.
- Gradually, they settle down along the walls of the blood vessels. This is known as atherosclerosis or plaque formation.
- Over a period of time, this settled plaque accumulates more cholesterol molecules from circulation and continues to grow in size and volume.
- With time, minerals are also attracted and therefore there is hardening of this mass. What also happens is these are along the blood vessels and therefore it becomes narrow, limiting the blood supply.
- When the target organs are vital ones like the brain, kidney, heart, etc., their functioning is affected.
- There could be reduced blood flow to the brain leading to stroke. There could be paralysis on one or both sides depending on which side and part of the brain is affected
- Reduced blood flow to the heart can cause heart attack. They present with severe chest and jaw pain, profuse sweating, and nausea. If left untreated, this can lead to death.
Causes of increased cholesterol: High cholesterol levels can be detected by simple blood tests, which can also identify the type of cholesterol that is increased.
- Modified dietary patterns with increased amounts of saturated fat and sugars
- With obesity on the rise, more and more sugar is converted into fat, thereby increasing the cholesterol levels
- A sedentary lifestyle which has a combination of increased sugar and trans fat consumption with reduced physical activity leads to accumulation of cholesterol
- Stress increases cholesterol as it induces poor eating habits
- Genetic predisposition is another reason for a person to develop high levels of cholesterol. Like obesity, high cholesterol also runs in families.
Treatment: Reducing weight, dietary monitoring, and medications is the way to go. This requires extreme commitment and determination from the individual, as it is not just about reducing it once but to maintain that optimal level going forward.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
This is question about my girlfriend. My girlfriend is facing problem of irregular periods what is the reason for that, also she gets her body heat frequently, whats is the reason for this problem, we do sex occasionally is that the problem for tha, please advise. Thank you.
Sometimes you may find yourself stuck in a rut, which is both frustrating and mind-numbing. If you’re in such a situation, it could be an indication that you need to reprogram your mind. This will help you set realistic goals for yourself and enable you to lead a fulfilling life. Before getting to the point as to how you can reprogram your mind, it is important to first understand how the mind works.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably, but the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described as a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside the body. Mind is more like a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
The three states of mind
The mind can be categorized into three states:
- Conscious: Actions for which you need to make an effort and think about what you are doing are said to be performed by the conscious mind.
- Subconscious: The subconscious mind refers to the information that is accessible to you when needed and otherwise not something you pay attention to. For example, when walking down the road to your house, your mind subconsciously creates landmarks.
- Unconscious: The unconscious mind consists largely of primitive instincts and memories from early childhood that may not be easily recalled. It also contains memories from your past lives. That has been proved by the father of modern hypnotherapy, Dr. Brian Weiss. Thus, hypnotherapy under supervision is a great tool for reprogramming your mind. Further, embedding positive cognitive scripts/suggestions through hypnosis helps with it. A majority of our daily functions are controlled by the unconscious mind and the memories stored here are responsible for many decisions that we make based on beliefs.
Here are three easy tips to help you make your unconscious mind more efficient.
- Meditation: Meditation not only calms the mind and reduces stress, but can also help train the unconscious mind. Meditation helps increase your ability to concentrate on an activity and achieve the desired level of mental focus. This, in turn, helps develop new ideas and increases your belief in yourself.
- Visualize what you want to achieve: Merely telling yourself that you want to do better is not enough. You need to set a goal for yourself and visualize it to begin working towards it. For example - create a visual board of the type of house you would like to live in, the lifestyle and the job you would like to have. In a nutshell, be specific about what you want and avoid generalized visions.
- Hypnotherapy: Hypnotherapy is a safe, brief and effective way to deal with many emotional and anxiety-related issues. It enables you to deal with your own mental challenges and blocks so that you can build on your strengths and take control of your life.
Reprogramming the mind is a gradual process, which you can achieve with patience and the inclination to discipline yourself. By doing so, not only will you feel positive but it will also enable you to harness its potential.If you have any queries or concern you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!