Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna BaneerjiYour feedback matters!
Hepatitis is a medical condition in which the liver gets inflamed due to the action of a virus mostly. The type of treatment for this condition is decided according to the type and the root cause behind the condition. There are 5 types of viral hepatitis as described below:
- Hepatitis A- This type of viral hepatitis develops due to an infection from Hepatitis A virus. Consumption of contaminated food and water can result in this condition. Hepatitis A cannot be treated but vaccination helps in preventing its development.
- Hepatitis B- Infection due to Hepatitis B virus results in this condition. Contact with infected body fluids like saliva, blood or semen, sharing razors with infected people, having sexual contact with an infected person etc. increases the chances of suffering from this condition in a person.
- Hepatitis C- It is a type of viral hepatitis which develops due to an infection from Hepatitis C virus. Direct contact with infected body fluids, sexual contact, and drug use through injection may result in the development of this condition.
- Hepatitis D- Infection from the Hepatitis D virus may result in this severe liver disease known as Hepatitis D or Delta hepatitis. Direct contact with infected blood or a puncture would result in the development of such a condition.
- Hepatitis E- Spread of Hepatitis E virus, due to poor sanitation (leading to ingestion of fecal matter) may result in this waterborne disease known as Hepatitis E.
Here are some things you can do in order to prevent viral hepatitis
1. Avoid consuming contaminated food and water - Maintaining proper hygiene is very important in order to prevent viral hepatitis. Especially if you are living in or travelling to a developing country, you must avoid drinking local water, eating raw fruits and vegetables without washing them, having seafood or having ice.
2. Avert contamination of blood - In order to prevent viral hepatitis due to blood contamination, sharing of razors, sharing of drug needles must be avoided. Using somebody else's toothbrush must also be avoided. Spilled blood should not be touched by anyone. It can become a cause of viral hepatitis in him/her due to blood contamination.
3. Vaccinate yourself - For Hepatitis A and B, vaccines have been developed. You can safeguard yourself from these forms of hepatitis by vaccinating yourself. However for Hepatitis C, D, and E, vaccines are yet to be developed.
Hello doctor I got my monthly periods on 25 sep n ended on 29th sep and when my husband sucking nipples that time it started leaking water from the nipples n m getting pain in right side of the breast. Pls advice me.
My wife aged 49 years (under menopause) suffering with urticaria (skin allergy) for the last 12 years so far taken allegra 180 1bd stemin fort 1bd. During course of stemin she is alright but after stopped stemin again suffering with severe skin rashes and itching. Would you kindly suggest suitable remedy and medicines as recently she got diabetes and hypertension.
Why periods go n come back again I don't bleed 5 th day n 6 th day it's come back which day should I assume as first day of period when I spot or continue flow of my period? please help?
My periods got delayed with 15 days this time. I had safe sex with my partner. Then what could be the cause?
I want to conceive and I got married 10 months back. My husband had masturbations habit. And I am suffering with ovarian cyst two months back but now the problem is cleared in the last scan. Is it problem to conceive? Or can we take any treatment?
I have got my periods for 9 days with heavy bleeding. Now after a week again it started .i took primolut and through tablet for stopping the bleeding as pwr doctor advise. But after a week again it started .my scan reports are fine .what could bwvthe reason?
Ginger - this herb has been shown to reduce inflammation, cardiovascular conditions, blood clots and cholesterol. In a study, researchers found that animal subjects given ginger extracts had a significant reduction in cholesterol and blood clotting qualities. Moreover, it has been observed to inhibit the behavior of genes connected with inflammation.
My wife 28 years old. She is 5 months pregnant. Few days back it has been observed that one of the ducts of the nipple of her right breast leaks reddish liquid when gets press while the other ducts of the same breast leak whitish liquid ie colostrum. Is there anything to be worried ? She feels no pain, no noticeable lump, no change of the nipple, skin is as usal , no dimple looks. We are very much anxious. Please advice.
I feel alot of pain during sex m newly married and my husband try to sex with me but we have to stop at the beginning because I feel excess of pain any medicine to reduce all the pain during and after sex.
The vagina is a muscular, tubular structure of the female genital tract extending from the vulva to the cervix (the opening of the urethra). Sexual activity affects vaginal health in a number of different ways during intercourse and in the long term.
A few of the varying effects and the factors responsible for these effects are listed below:
- Changing size of the vagina: The vagina is designed to be elastic and adjustable. So, no permanent change in size is possible but it does undergo temporary changes in sizes as effects of sex. The inner walls of the vagina enlarge during sexual intercourse and during childbirth. Tissues in the clitoris puff out and harden, this also causes an expansion in size. It takes a while to get back to its normal size.
- Vaginal secretion: When you are aroused during sex, the blood vessels supplying the vagina expand immediately. The blood flow increases to lubricate the vaginal walls (rugae). The rugae unfold and the space increases. These secretions are important because, women who are sexually inactive for a long time at a stretch, experience dryness that leads to urinating difficulties and rashes.
- Unusual discharge: Apart from natural lubricants, vagina secretes some fluids, the process being termed as 'female ejaculation'. A tiny amount of white fluid made of prostate plasma cells, is produced just before you climax and discharged with some quantity of urine. Sometimes, prostatic specific antigen (PSA) and prostatic acid phosphatase (usually found in semen) are also found in the secretion.
- Infections in the urinary tract: The friction caused by sexual intercourse may cause small cuts which enable bacteria to pass from the vagina to the urinary bladder through the urethra. This causes infection in the bladder, the urinary tract and the vagina. These can be avoided by using a condom or by urinating before and after having sex.
- Vaginal pain: A lot of women report the experience of pain and discomfort inside or around the vagina during and immediately after sex. The pain can result from repeated sex within a short period of time or reduced secretion of natural lubricants. If the pain is too severe, you should see a doctor because yeast infections or chronic vulvodynia can also be responsible for the pain sensation.
Hi. Samira merchant here I have headache problem during my menstruation time before n after of timing. I am 38 years old. Please confirm me is it normal. Thanks.
I have last periods on 28th, now it's 1 month over but it has not started, I had sex 2 times in last month but it was protected using condom, currently I am feeling pain like periods will start but still not, please advise what should I do? As I am not married and don't want to pregnant.
My wife is not coming to continue period time. I have tested a report the report is PCOD. My wife is not pregnant for future. please answer as soon as.
Last periods 14 nov ko aaye the and 29 nov ko we hv foreplay not sex and abi tk periods ni aaye h 45 days ho gye h and pregnant b ni h mere wife What does this mean plzz tell.
The after effects of any surgery can be harsh on the body. Post knee replacement surgery, one will need to remain in a straight and relaxed position for a long time due to the bed rest prescribed by the orthopaedic specialist. Yet, it is important to carry out some kind of activity after the surgery so as to make the knee strong, firm and ready to be normal again.
Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that can help post knee replacement patients:
- Pumps and Circles: Ankle pumps and circles should be done in sets of ten per direction. This can help in ensuring that the blood circulation and nerve function normalise within no time after the surgery. This action is especially helpful because it affects the heels, calves and leg muscles before reaching the knee. Ensure that you rotate each foot clockwise and the counter clockwise.
- Thigh Squeeze: The thigh squeeze is an excellent want to ensure that you are working the muscles of the legs without putting undue pressure on the knees. This is especially helpful when you have been advised bed rest. This motion involves squeezing and releasing the thighs so that there is some amount of firmness that is being built along with strength and stamina. You can hold the squeeze for five to ten seconds before you relax and try again.
- Heel Slide: The heel slide is a good option for those who are going through bed rest. This exercise ensures that you work your knee in a suitable way as the bending motion gets the knee to get used to being functional again. Due to the posture of the patient, this does not put pressure on the knee. Slowly bring your heel up, stop and then slide it down. Repeat at least ten times for each knee before increasing it to twenty times.
- Kicks: While you are lying down, you can render small kicks into the air. Repeat at least ten times for each leg before increasing it gradually to twenty kicks per leg. This should be done when you are lying flat on your back. This exercise can help in flexing and strengthening your quadriceps. Hold the kick for at least five to ten seconds before you relax and repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting Flex: You can also sit in a chair and flex your knee, holding the leg out in front of you for at least five to ten seconds, before slowly bringing it down and lifting again. This will help in strengthening the thigh and knee to a great extent.
You will need to exercise regularly in order to recover well after a knee replacement procedure.
I delivered 2 and a half months back. We haven't had sex for almost my entire pregnancy. Now while trying to have sex. I find very uncomfortable. Pain, and also tight, burning sensation.
Hello please suggest the ways and food to reduce my breast size as I'm a mother of one month old baby girl and wen my breast wl gt back in shape. Thanks in advance.
Respected sir/ madam i'm 37 years old & crossed 1 year of married life. Now both of us are eagerly awaiting for a child since 6 months, but in vain. My ultrasonographic report of lower abdomen is normal. I'm a regular gym visitor. But still. I'm very upset regarding the matter. Please help out with your valuable advice.
How good you perform in bed depends not only in your moves, but strangely and incredibly on what you eat. A good sexual life is desired by all and if that is linked with food, it only makes the prospect attainable and easy.
Some of the foods which help you spice up your sex life are:
- Strawberries: The reputation of strawberries as an aphrodisiac is well known as well as well established. According to research, strawberry considerably improves sexual functioning in men and women. At the same time, it is rich in antioxidants and increases sperm count in men.
- Avocados: It is a common knowledge that anything that helps the functioning of heart and enhances blood circulation works as a great boost for the sex life. It is precisely this that makes Avocadoes a great option to improve your sex life. Being rich in vitamin E, they work wonders for the heart, thereby reducing the risk of an erectile dysfunction that most men suffering from heart diseases tend to develop.
- Almonds: It is common knowledge that almonds are good not only for your health, but also for spicing up your sex life. Being rich in selenium, almonds help in treating problems related to infertility. At the same time, they boost libido in men and increase the production of sex hormones in men.
- Sweet potatoes: Unknown to many, sweet potatoes are a great aphrodisiac. Packed with potassium, they help in preventing high blood pressure, thereby reducing chances of erectile dysfunction.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds, a common ingredient in many of your food items, are packed with zinc. It is this that makes them an excellent source for boosting libido.
- Watermelon: This may top your list as a favorite fruit as it provides considerable relief in summer but what you may know is that along with low calories, it is high in phytonutrients, thereby helping in improving your sex life.