Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KreetiYour feedback matters!
Desire is an elusive thing, especially in women. Anything can disturb it like a scent, a wrong touch or physiological reasons like vaginal dryness. If you want the top ways to treat this desire-dampener, read on.
One of the most common causes of vaginal dryness is a decrease in estrogen levels during menopause or perimenopause, after childbirth or during breastfeeding.
- One in every three women falls prey to vaginal dryness during menopause. It can afflict younger women too for a couple of reasons like chemotherapy, breastfeeding, removal of ovaries, certain medicines and endometriosis.
- The moisture in vagina keeps it elastic and once it tapers off, interest in sex wanes and intercourse becomes painful and the vagina feels itchy and stretched. It becomes thinner too.
- The condition is diagnosed through a pelvic exam by your gynaecologist. And the good news is that it can be treated easily.
Topical oestrogen therapy is the most common treatment for vaginal dryness due to low oestrogen levels. This provides oestrogen to the vagina for relieving symptoms. You can choose one of these three types of vaginal oestrogen:
- Vaginal Oestrogen Ring: This can be inserted into the vagina. It is a soft and flexible ring and releases a steady stream of oestrogen directly to the vaginal tissues. It needs to be replaced every three months.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Tablet: This tablet can be inserted into your vagina with an applicator as per instructions of the gynaecologist.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Cream: This cream can be inserted into the vagina using an applicator again as per the doctor’s instructions.
Several side effects are associated with these estrogen products like vaginal bleeding and breast pain.
- It is also contra-indicated for women who have breast cancer or those with a history of endometrial cancer.
- If you have any vaginal bleeding or are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not use such products.
- In order to keep the vagina more lubricated, try using a vaginal moisturizer like Replens, Lubrin instead.
- Using a water-based lubricant like Astroglide and K-Y jelly before intercourse can take away the pain of intercourse.
- Eat a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and proteins.
- Include more of these- raw pumpkin, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and fish like salmon, mackerel and tuna for their fatty acid content. Also include foods with high plant oestrogens like flaxseed, soy, legumes, cherries, nuts, apples and celery.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- And, last but not the least, do regular exercise. Twenty minutes of fast walking will keep your heart strong and up the blood supply to your pelvic region and improve your hormonal balance.
Hi my question is when a lady pregnant from 1 month and bleeding not stop what to do for his help to stop the child come
Hello i am married since last 6 months my wife periods usually starts from 28th -29th of every month but last month's april it was due till 6th of may after two days of her missed periods we had a i can pregnancy test kit in it was 2 alphabet c&t up &down only c was a sign of negative but both c&t it was positive it resulted positive but on t it was light red colour line & on c it was fully dark red we called our family doctor she said just wait fr more 2-3days nd then again make a test & also advised of not having sex but after 6days of missed periods her period started but frankly in between that we had a sex. Please reply m confused.
My wife is not interesting in doing sex with me. She does sex only once a month and told me that you don't know how to seduce me. What should I do?
Stress plays a significant role in creating rifts in relationships as it mostly forbids partners from meeting each other’s physical and emotional needs. This reduces intimacy in a relationship and results in an unhappy sex life. In the modern world of continuous work pressure and fast paced lifestyle, stress generally takes away all the energy required to enjoy a fulfilling sex life. Here are some tips, which will prove to be very effective in keeping stress away from your sex life.
1. Don’t make it seem necessary to have sex even if your partner is tired
If you find that stress due to problems at workplace or financial issues is affecting your partner considerably, then respect his/her decision of saying no to sex. Don’t pressurise your partner to get intimate just because you want it. Your patience and understanding nature will increase your partner’s admiration towards you, in turn leading to a more passionate and happier sex life.
2. Try to stay away from performance anxiety
Don’t let performance anxiety take a toll on your sex life. Studies show that being conscious about their performance in bed leads men to lose their erection, which takes all the pleasure away from intimate moments. Instead of being stressed about your sexual performance, focus on your partner’s needs and attend to them for a more pleasurable sex life.
3. Focus on getting rid of other stressful issues from your life
Common tensions of your daily life and everyday issues like the normal household chores, and your duties and responsibilities towards your family often leave you too exhausted to spend time with your partner. Moreover, getting preoccupied with social commitments also minimises the time available for just the two of you.
To prevent these stressful situations from affecting your sex life, try to focus on removing them. For this, you can ask for help from other family members to carry out household chores or diminish your time at social gatherings to be available for each other exclusively. Spending more time in each other’s company will not only brighten your day, but will also give you an enhanced and more intimate relationship.
I am getting itching in my whole body and pain during periods and have headache and losing of my hair and weight also.
Hi, my 2 months baby refuses to drink breast milk as well as bottle feed. I am very tense she is hungry. Also advice how much lactogen I should give her whole day. & I would like to breast feed her during day. Please advice.
We had had sex 10 days before without protection but I did not came into her. And after 2 days we again did the same but I ejaculated in her. After 2 hours she taken an I pill. For more safety she again taken an ipill very next day. Today also we had sex n I came into her because of torn condom. She again took an ipill after 4 hours. Till date there is no withdrawal bleeding. Her menstrual date is 17-18 of month. Please suggest what are the chances of getting pregnant. What if she is not having her coming period. What if she becomes pregnant. Also her belly is more expanding. We r having sex since last 1 month. Is this the reason behind this if not what could it be.
What do you mean by a body contouring cosmetic surgery?
It is a new medical subspecialty that involves the contouring and sculpting of the body wherein any excess fat deposits anywhere in the body is removed and body sculpted to achieve perfect, harmonious body proportions. This involves procedure like liposuction in various methods. Among the many methods of liposuction, laser liposuction has its advantages in that the procedure does not leave loose skin. The skin tightening takes place in the same procedure itself. You are not left with loose, sagging or crumpled skin.
What are the body areas body contouring is done?
Commonest among them is abdomen in both men and women followed by thighs, butts, love handles ( flanks) and arms, breast in women. Among men seeking cosmetic surgery, Gynaecomastia is more common.
What is the common age group seeking body contouring?
In men, those with gynaecomastia are common in 20-30 years of age though there are other age groups which is not so common. Men seeking tummy reduction is common in 30-45. Women seeking body contouring surgery is common in 25- 50.
What is done in a body contouring surgery?
It is a minimally-invasive surgery involving removal of the fat that is in excess which gives rise to abnormal shape. In laser liposuction procedure, after the removal of the excess fat, the excess redundant skin is tightened additionally y laser that leaves a smooth contour. The skin tightening lifts up the skin and concerned body part like breast lift, arm lift and thigh lift.
How safe is the body contouring procedures?
Body contouring procedures are safe as they are walk-in procedures. One does not need hospitalisation or general anaesthesia when done by laser liposuction method.
6 Reasons Pre-marital Counselling is Crucial for Indian Couples
A study published in the Journal of Family Psychology reveals that couples who opt for pre-marital counselling experience higher levels of conjugal satisfaction than couples who don’t go for it. Moreover, these couples, experience a 30% drop in the possibility of divorce over a 5-year period.
Pre-marital counselling is a wise choice as it can help you and your partner to better understand the dynamics of your relationship and build the foundation of a happy future together.
A pre-marital counselling helps you with the following factors-
- Hygiene: Apart from stressing on the importance of personal health and hygiene, you would also hear a gynaecologist, emphasizing on the significance of sexual hygiene for a problem-free married life. While preventing infections that may affect your reproductive system, maintaining sexual hygiene can also significantly elevate the overall hygiene levels of your entire body.
- Sex: Pre-marital sex counselling is essential as it helps to fill in the gaps in your knowledge of sex. During your consultation with a gynaecologist, you can expect to receive information about the male and female anatomy as well as about the actual act. Even thoughts like “sex can be painful” get addressed during the counselling.
- Contraceptives: Counselling sessions with a gynaecologist can also help you in getting your facts right about pregnancy. He or she could guide you on how to work out safe and unsafe days to have sex; talk to you about contraceptive methods; and best family planning practices.
- Folic acid for pregnancy: During a counselling session, you can expect to be encouraged by a gynaecologist to have Vitamin B (folic acid) before and during your pregnancy to avert birth defects in the brain and spinal cord of your potential offspring.
- Vaccines: Opting for a counselling session before marriage can help you to learn about vaccines that will protect you against cervical cancer (cancer of the cervix caused mainly by HPV- a virus) and rubella (a disease caused by the rubella virus, which can cause miscarriage, birth defects and stillbirth).
- Medical investigations: You should also expect investigations based on the following tests-
- Complete blood count test: The aim of this test is to assess your overall health and identify a range of disorders such as anaemia, leukaemia, and infection to name a few.
- Fasting/blood sugar test: The test is performed to diagnose diabetes. A fasting blood glucose level of less than 100mg/dl is considered normal.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test: This test is taken to check for problems in the thyroid gland.
- Rubella test: It is used to identify antibodies that are formed in the blood, as a result of immunisation or the rubella infection.
- HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography): The test is performed to determine Thalassemia.
- Urine microscopy: The test helps in determining the condition of your urinary tract and kidney. It identifies injury, presence of disease or inflammation of these areas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Today I touch a girl vagina and insert finger on it, and with the same finger I unknowingly touch on my penis, is there any risk on hiv aids. I don't know where she is affected by hiv aids. Is there any possibility to transfer hiv aids? There is no direct contact of penis and vagina. Please help.
Hi Its related to my wife pregnancy. She last period on 16th Dec 16. What will b ovulation date. I intercourse in 30th dec.
Left ovary has an anechoic cyst measuring 27×30 mm in size. What will be the cause and treatment for this.
My boyfriend and I had sex with condom on. He did not ejaculate inside me and had condom on for all the time but he ejaculated outside while keeping the condom on. My period was due on 28th may but still I haven't felt any signs of period. Lately I have being very busy with my project work and I am continuously working on my system. But now I am feeling stressed because my periods are delayed and this rarely happens. Could there be a possibility that I am pregnant or this is because of my hectic work nd stress. Please assist asap thank you maam/sir.
Take saline drops soothe the inflamed nasal tissue.
Use a humidifier or simply inhale steam from a pot of boiling water.
Drink plenty of water.