Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran TandonYour feedback matters!
I have problems with eyes if I saw any bright things eye drops will comes immediately so what can take treatment.
I have weak eye sight but I had never wear glasses and even I don't want to wear glasses so tell me how to improve eye sight naturally.
Can you ppl please which hospital is good for basic treatment for eye and I have a question that it covers insurance or nor and cost of the treatment?
Hi this are my prescription details. Axis left eye 135 Right eye =3.5 Left eye +6.00+1.00=135 Can't I have healthy eyes, I. E how can I get my number reduced, I have squint in my eyes Is there any chances of vision loss. Is computer jobs suitable for me, where I have to work 24*7 on pc.
I don't have sight. But I would like to wear contact lens of different colour occasionally. Is it recommended? If yes what kind of lens can be used?
From 2 months in my class room when I see the board after some time I feel a burning sensation in my eyes and my eyes start watering, what is the reason and what should I do?
Headaches are common among working people as accumulated stress results in headaches and tiredness. Among the many different causes, strain on the eyes is one of the leading reasons for that annoying headache.
Taking an eye exam is recommended in case you are having headaches. The issues may not always be related to the eyes, but still a thorough eye check up is recommended. Strain in the eye is caused when small muscles present in the eye have to put in more effort than usual. Symptoms include aching, tired eyes with blurred vision and accompanying headaches. Such headaches are caused because of the following reasons:
Astigmatism: The cornea is in abnormal shape and causes people to squint when they want to focus, and this leads to bad headaches.
Hyperopia: This disorder is also called farsightedness. In case of this disorder, the images are focused by the eye behind the retina, and causes blurred vision and strain upon the eyes. Headaches occur as a result.
Presbyopia: This kind of problem occurs when the lens hardens and becomes inflexible with old age. This makes it hard for a person to focus and causes sore eyes along with headaches.
All disorders or conditions of the eyes can be rectified with the use of prescribed spectacles and contact lenses. For people already having glasses, regular eye check up should be carried out. Your power may increase which you are unlikely to notice, so regular check ups are vital.
Other causes: Headaches related to eye strain and eye problem can also develop from other causes. They are:
- Glaucoma, an eye disease also causes headaches. This disease is characterized by the development of a fluid in the eyes, which in turn causes the internal eye pressure to shoot up. This pressure fluctuation can lead to headaches in many cases of glaucoma.
- Cataract affected people suffer from headaches as well. Cataracts develop in individuals due to ageing. The lens becomes cloudy, and the vision gets blurred and slowly diminishes. The eye has to give more effort resulting in eye strain and accompanying headaches.
Prevention: In case you are having headaches, and you are not being able to find out the reason behind it, you should have an eye check up. Eyes are very sensitive and added strain to them causes headaches. People who use computers for long hours are affected by headaches due to eye strain. The best prevention is to have an eye examination and switch to glasses or lenses if required.
Headaches are of various kinds and arise from different factors, but eye strain is known to cause a lot of headaches in people who do eye stress involving activities.
I have a far sightness with power 1.5 both eyes .I want suggestion whether to use eye lenses or LASIK Surgery ?
Meri sis ki age 23 hai Uske sir me ek taraf dard hota hai Dr. Ko dikhaya toh unhone bataya ankho me chasma lagega ankhe kamjor hai kripya sahi ilaaj bataye kya karu, aur medicine btaye.
My name is meenal im suffering to eye disease when I look anything continue I found that my eyes releasing water so I want to know why this all is happening with me?
My five years old daughter is diagnosed with -2 diopter. How can I protect her from being high myopic.
I have been wearing specs since 2007. I see things blurry. And I see something clearly and better when it is very close to me. Is it possible to do an operation as solution instead of having to buy specs regularly. Most opticians I talked to would seem eager to have me to always come to them to give them morw money than they are to open up and tell me if there is another possible permanent solution apart from specs. I am 22 years old now.
My eyes water when I read books? I am a long time reader. Dey usually don't but now all if sudden they have started to water? What should I do?
Dear sir/mam. I'm 25 years old male. During my office hours i'm prone to work on my laptop/desktop continuously for hours. Kindly suggest me some tips to keep my eyes healthy. Thank you!
Hi, Suddenly itching started in my eyes and coming water from my eyes and nasals and breath being one way from nasal please suggest it is nasal diseases or may be symptom of other diseases.
Hi I am wearing power glasses so how to improve my vision. And I want to put glasses always? Will the eye power increase if not putting glass for 3-4 hrs.
My height is 5' 3" Weight is 68 kg Age is 30 years 1. How can I remove my over bulge tummy? 2. My specs number is 6.
Common conditions affecting the cornea: Some of the common conditions that affect the cornea are:
- Injuries: In case of a minor injury and scratch the cornea has the capability to heal on its own. But in case of deeper injuries there might be corneal scarring, leading to a haze in the cornea along with impaired vision. In case of deep injury you could experience pain in the eye, sensitivity, reduced vision, inflammation of the eye, headache, vomiting and nausea.
- Allergies: The common allergies that affect the eye are related to pollen, especially in the warm and dry weather. Symptoms are burning sensation, redness of the eye, itching, and watery discharge. These symptoms can be reduced by antihistamine decongestant eye drops. Rain and cold weather also improve the symptoms.
- Keratitis: This is the inflammation of the cornea. Though infection is a common cause of keratitis, non-infectious keratitis is due to minor injuries and wearing the contact lenses for too long. Infectious keratitis is mainly due to parasites, fungi, viruses and bacteria. These can be treated with antibacterial eye drops.
- Dry Eye: This is a condition where the eye produces less tears and is unable to keep the surface of the eye lubricated. The symptoms of this are scratchy feeling due to the dryness of the eye, along with a burning and stinging sensation of the eye.
Common diseases affecting the cornea: Some common diseases affecting the cornea are:
- Herpes Zoster: This is basically the reactivation of the varicella zoster virus. This virus also causes chickenpox and if you have had chicken pox then the virus can live in the nerve cells and become activated later in life. The virus might travel through the nerves to the cornea, affecting the cornea.
- Iridocorneal endothelial syndrome: This is more common in women aged 30-50 years. It has three features: glaucoma, swelling of the cornea, and changes of the iris.
- Pterygium: This is the pinkish, triangular tissue growth, which occurs on the cornea. This might grow slowly throughout life. This is commonly seen in sunny weather in adults aged between 20-40 years.
Treatment of the corneal disorders:
- Laser surgery: Phototherapeutic keratectomy is a surgical technique. In this UV light is used to restore and reshape the cornea. This is used to treat corneal dystrophies and recurrent erosions.
- Anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty: This procedure removes the damaged or diseased endothelial tissue which is then replaced by the healthy tissue from a donor.
- Corneal Transplant Surgery: This removes the damaged part of the cornea and then it is replaced by the healthy tissue through a donor.
- Artificial Cornea: Keratoprosthesis is usually known as the artificial cornea. This is an option for people who have not had a successful tissue implant.