Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kiran Raman Goyal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran Raman GoyalYour feedback matters!
6 Changes in your body you can expect during the second trimester of pregnancy
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium.
Doctor I got intimated one week ago Just 1 day after my periods We did not used any protection Within 24 hours I consumed an ipill Now after one week Im bleeding but not like as I always bleed Thick lining is coming out Blood is not coming only some kind of thick lining is coming out Can you please help me I can become pregnant or not I do not know what to do.
My wife (age 38) having breast pain which subsides during periods and for few days following the periods, but it again comes back slowly. Doctor tested and advised evening primrose oil tablets. But the problem is not getting cured permanently.
Hi Doctor, Please let me know is any issue if girl menses had done before expecting date? As recently I have done sex with my girlfriend on 27th jan18. Every month her period comes between 9-12 but this time it come before expected date. Pls help to get know appropriate answer asap.
Hello doc, I am 25 years old .I am married for one and half year. I am trying for a baby from last 6 months but I am not conceived yet and my cycle also get irregular for last 6 months. I have never any problems regarding my period. My last period was late by 2 months and I took two pregnancy test but both r negative. Please suggest what should I do?
I got a positive pregnancy test on cycle day 24 I had lots of hard cramps on cd 24 cd 25 now they all have stopped. From last 2 days I am having cramps like I had when I am about to start my periods upper leg cramps I have a 28 days cycle and having a positive test from last 5 days. On 28th day today.Please suggest I am pregnant right now.
Hello Doc. Im 23 and earlier I had irregular periods so my gums said there might be some hormonal imbalance and said me to take Estranon tabs. For about 6 Months. Now its been 3 months i've been using them and my periods became regular (since I use tabs.) nd the cycle length is 28 days. So recently I had an INCOMPLETE SEX on 19th day from my period date (as 8 to 20 unsafe days) nd had UNSAFE SEX with my boyfriend. Now, 1. Will my periods come in time this month? 2. Will this tab. Estranon prevents from pregnancy? 3. I do not know whether my bf had masturbation before the Sex but he had pee before the sex. And even I urinated after our Incomplete Sex. 4. Are there any chances of getting pregnancy now? please reply.
Liver is the largest internal organ of our body and plays an indispensable role in a number of important body functions such as blood detoxification, glucose storage, storage of iron and vitamins etc. Liver disease, commonly known as hepatic disease affects a large part of the liver tissue and can be treated effectively if detected while it is in its initial stages.
Here are five major symptoms of liver disease which you must watch out for:
1. Weight loss: Rapid loss of weight is the most common and noticeable symptom of liver disease. If you feel that you have lost an extra couple of kilos within the span of a few months, you should definitely consult your doctor and get a check-up done.
2. Fatigue and weakness: This is usually accompanied by weight loss. As the body loses fat, it tends to become lethargic, low on energy and fragile. Feeling tired at all times and witnessing a reduced stamina can be signs of liver disease.
3. Tendency to easily get bruised: Liver disease affects at least three quarters of the liver tissue which makes your body susceptible to bruises, cuts and wounds. The skin becomes fragile and is thus damaged easily at the slightest provocation. Moreover, once bruised, it also takes a longer time to heal than normal, as the generation of new tissues is erratic and takes longer amount of time.
4. Darker than normal urine: This is another early warning sign of an impending liver disease which can easily be noticed. If you are noticing urine which is dark yellow in colour and this happens continuously for a couple of days, it is in your best interests to consult a doctor at the earliest.
5. Swelling and pain in the abdomen: Abdominal pain is often dismissed as being trivial and occasional but is a definite symptom of liver disease. If you are experiencing severe pain and swelling in the area, make sure to get a doctor’s opinion.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.