Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran PoddarYour feedback matters!
Mustard oil should be heated upto it's smoking point for cooking or the food tastes bitter. Is this correct.Please tell sir
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are:
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am just 4 week pregnant. I do not want to continue it. I consult gynec. But she did not advice ultra sound scan and give me abortion pills. Is there any problem to take pills without doing scan?
I am 22 years old. I was married I have irregular periods. I went hospital. This problem three months clear again it started. I have doubt is it pregnancy?
I had my periods on 20 Sep 2016. On 25 Sep, 2016, I had protected sex. After that, I did not get intimate with my partner until we had sex again on 23 Oct. My periods were already delayed by three days then. And now it's 13 Nov and I still see no signs of periods. I took a home pregnancy test on 10 Nov but it came negative. Should I be worried? Why are periods delayed?
Hi I am 28 weeks pregnant now about 1 week ago I noticed that there is swelling in one side of my left breast. Is it normal to have like that.
I and my gf had unprotected sex one week before and we used an ipill. Her period was on 25 th of this month we had again unprotected sex on 20 th of this month is there any chance of pregnancy for her?
Some time before I asked a question about early period. Which is within 10 days of previous period .for which I got answers that may be hormonal change (due to birth control pills) it might happened. Bt yesterday again my period started within duration of 15 days to my previous one .this tym I haven't taken any pills or had sex. Then what it may b .this month I had 2 periods (1st period: 10 Aug - 17 Aug. 2nd period: 29Aug -3sept .3rd period: 18sept - ongoing. Please help this is really scary.
Here are basic tips of Kidney Transplantation (Renal transplantation)
Friends good after noon I am DR. Aditya Pradhan. I look after the department of urology and kidney transplant at the BL Kapoor hospital. In my department major activities are kidney transplant, kidney cancers we do the constructive urology we also do a lot of stone surgery and prostate surgery so literally, we cover the whole spectrum of urology practice as it is done today in most centers around the world to speak briefly about kidney transplant which is the focus of our activity so as you must be aware India has a large number of patients with kidney failure on an average in India about to lac patients are diagnosed with kidney failure every year. Unfortunately out of these two lac patients barely 3,000 patients get your kidney transplant done every year so there is a large number of patients who don’t get a kidney transplant done in spite of the facilities being available in most major cities in the country.
There are many reasons why a kidney transplant is not easily available-
The first and most forms, of course, is the availability of donor so there are stringent laws governing the rules of a kidney transplant and it is mandatory for every patient to get his own donor and these donors have to be live related which means first-degree blood relatives. They could be the patient’s parents they could be a sibling, could be his own children who are above 18 years of age or they could be his spouse so amongst these family members, he has to get a patient of the same blood group or of O blood group. Many families do not have relatives with these conditions and that is why there is a big problem for the patient to get a donor for him. So, this is one of the main problems that you have, that you don’t have an adequate number of donors.
The second problem is even when donors are available within the family they are not willing to donate their kidneys. There are some reasons which are their most of them are misconceptions that patient was donated his kidney may not be able to function normally after the operation. So, these are absolutely unfounded doubts every patient who is going to be tested for kidney donation. All his tests are done to confirm that he is healthy the operation is usually a very safe operation and after the surgery, the patient can lead absolutely normal life.
These misconceptions must be discarded by the donor. They must come to the transplant surgeon and once they counseled and I am pretty sure that they will understand that they are doing a life-saving deed for their near and dear ones. This is the second problem where donors are available but they are not willing to help their relatives because of this misconception about the operation now the third reason is that we don’t have many cadaver donations.
In India now some of you may be aware that there is a concept called brain stem death these are patients who died in the ICU. Before their patients are declared dead their relatives are counseled that they can help the community by donating organs. These are what other problems which are faced when we are doing kidney transplants today but the scenario in India is changing, we have become increasingly better in our techniques we have got good drugs available so in most instances, a kidney transplant is a successful operation in this hospital.
Our results are more than ninety-nine percent which is as good as world standards we are doing all kinds of transplants the kidney donor operation between laparoscopic ally so that the recovery is very quick and most donors can be discharged by the third day to go back home. we are also doing abo incompatible transplant which means that if the blood groups are not matching the donor can be still be taken up for the transplant.
so friends this was a brief about kidney transplant and if you would like any more details about any of the aspects which I talked about you can reach out to me at the lybrate.com website.
Hi , I had unprotected sex with my gf on 12 of march 2016. My gf period was 6 th of March. But she was missed the period of April month nw almost 40 days over. I have doubt she may got pregnant. How to check the pregnant. If in case she is pregnant means what are possibility to cure that one please help me.
I am 26 years old women, mujhe period time to time pe ata hai per six month ho gayi hai mujhe koi pregnancy nahi hui hai,
Hi today only my mother received the report and diagnosed with BIRADS category II what does that mean? Her ultrasound report is normal? Is there any chance that she is having cancer or everything is normal! Should we remove the lump that she is having in her breast? Her age is 51 Please tell me.
I am 38 years old, three years back i took regesterone before 5 days of start of menstrual cycle and postponed to 7 days after 3 days periods started with severe stomach ache, fever, chillness, sweating and i was unable tosleep on my back, heavy bleeding with lumps. From then 4 years i am suffering with same problem little bit reduced as of now to 2 days of begining. I consulted doctors they did scanning to find any fibroid present but found nothing and now i take pain killers continuosly three time s from 1st day to third day of the period contains Aceclofenac and Dotropine i think . I think this as side effect of Regesterone .
Doctor I am pregnant from 1 month and I do not want baby now what can I do? Any tablet which had benefit.
Proteins are extremely important for your health. Protein is present in every cell of your body, it generally makes up your hair and nails along with keratin. Your body needs various supplements to stay healthy, such as fats and carbohydrates. These are called macronutrients (you need to consume it in huge amounts to stay hale and hearty).
Where can you find protein?
- It is present in milk, fish, eggs and meat.
- If you happen to be a vegan you can consume soy, beans, legumes and nut butter.
- Protein bars, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, anchovies, peanut butter, tofu, wheat germ, quinoa and edamame also contain a high amount of protein.
Why should you consume protein?
- It can reduce the risk of diabetes by producing natural insulin and progesterone protein.
- The substance called hemoglobin carries oxygen to your blood cells. So without hemoglobin oxygen would not be supplied to your muscles.
- If you have a heat shock, proteins can help reduce the stress and rebuild your cells.
- If you have lack of protein in your diet, it will be difficult for you to move and can also result in paralysis.
- Since protein is present in your hair and nails, it also helps to make your skin taut and look younger since structural protein includes collagen. There are a lot of products available in the market like collagen creams; since collagen contains protein it is not possible that creams containing proteins applied on the skin can make your skin better. It is highly necessary to consume protein such that your blood flow contains proteins. This will make your skin seem youthful.
- After a surgery, it is important that you stack up on protein, because protein helps to close your wounds and make them heal faster.
- Protein shakes are also very useful when you want to attain a healthier physique after hitting the gym. During a workout, your body goes through a lot of micro-tears (wear and tear caused in your muscle due to contraction of your muscle). So taking protein shakes after a heavy workout helps your muscle tissues to be healed completely.