Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kiran Poddar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran PoddarYour feedback matters!
I am 23 female. Iam having hypothyroid. My tsh is 8.47 and i am taking 50mcg thyroxine during 1 month and iam also having irregular periods with sometimes normal sometimes abnormal within 20 days. During my irregular periods I experienced my vaginal area was burning. And i am also having light dizziness only while walking. Is this affect my pregnancy? Please help me. What should I do to avoid this?
It is likely for you to experience false labour pain or false contractions before the beginning of true labour during pregnancy. This is called Braxton Hicks contractions, and it is the way of telling the body to get ready for the real labour pain on the day of giving birth. However, these false contractions do not indicate that the labour has started or will begin shortly.
How do false labour contractions feel like?
Women may get a tightening feeling in their abdomen, which comes and goes away, due to Braxton Hicks or false labor contractions. These false contractions may feel like menstrual cramps. These contractions are unlike true labour and usually do not cause pain. They do not occur regularly and do not get closer together. They do not last for very long or get worse with time. These false contractions may be felt during the second or third trimester of pregnancy.
The difference between Braxton Hicks and true labor contractions
There are several differences between true labor pain and false labour contractions. These are as follows:
- Comparing how often these contractions occur allows us to differentiate between true labour pains and false contractions. False labour contractions are irregular while true contractions occur at regular intervals. They last for over a minute, and they get stronger and closer with the passage of time.
- The change in these contractions are based on your movement, which allows us to differentiate between the two types. False labour contractions may end when you take a walk or rest, and stop when you change your position. In case of true labour pains, the contractions keep on continuing irrespective of any kind of movement or change in position. They do not stop even when you take some rest.
- The strength of true labour pain and false contractions is different. False labor contractions are weak in general and there are less chances of them getting worse. They are stronger in the beginning and gradually weaken. However, true labour contractions get increasingly stronger with time.
- We can differentiate between the two types of contractions on the basis of the areas which are affected with pain. False labour contractions only cause slight pain in the front part of the abdomen and the pelvis. True labour pain is much more intensive in nature. They usually begin from the lower back and move to the front abdomen region. They may start in the abdomen and move back as well.
If you are not sure and cannot differentiate between true labour pains and Braxton Hicks contractions, it is essential for you to consult a doctor. A doctor will be able to identify the true nature of the contractions. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I asking this question for my frnd. The problem is she facing a problem of white water discharge till the age of 15 but the white water discharge coming in low quantity is this a major issue or normal pls suggest she is very stressed.
Now I have sex with my wife and she want to check weather she is pregnant or not will tomorrow or after tomorrow pregnancy kit will work or not.
Hi sir meri wife ko 3 ko period aaya Tha aur maine 10 12 14 16 17 ko sex kiya Hai mai ye janana chahta hoo ki is period mai sex karne se meri wife pregnant ho sakti hai yaa nhi because meri wife kaa pahle Miscarriage ho gaya tha but ab mai bachha chahta hoo isliye sir plzzz help me ki is baar bachha ho jayega ki nhi meri wife ko please sir help me.
Most women have their own distinct smell below the belt. It might be a little embarrassing to know that there is a feminine odor, sometimes foul, in the private parts of a lady. But, it is true that this smell can be a cause of concern as well. Vaginal odour is a symptom for sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia and gonorrhea. Besides, a combination of factors including infection of the vaginal tract, unhygiene, gland secretions, sweating and improper clothing are responsible for vaginal odour.
Common reasons for vaginal odour:
- Bacterial vaginosis: It is a very common phenomenon. Vagina contains bacteria, which are produced there naturally. Bacterial vaginosis refers to bacterial overgrowth. It leads to vaginal odour. Most women experience this condition at least once during their lifetime, especially in the reproductive years. Though the exact cause behind its occurrence is unknown, it can occur due to having unprotected sex or frequent douching.
- Yeast Infection: The odour caused due to yeast infection is not very strong. But it has other symptoms like white vaginal discharge and itching. The discharge looks like cottage cheese and is caused due to the excess growth of yeast named Candida. There might be a burning sensation at the time of having sex or urination.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: Vaginal odour is a symptom for STDs like chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Vaginal odour can intensify after having sex. It can also be caused due to inflammation of the pelvic region.
When is vaginal odour a signal for STDs?
Vaginal odour is normal. But, you need to watch out other symptoms to be sure that whether or not you are infected with STDs. If you have vaginal discharge, painful urination and difficulty in having sexual intercourse, there is a possibility of developing STDs. In case of STDs, the discharge is bloody or brown in colour. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
(Reuters Health) - People who take a certain diuretic prescribed to control fluid retention and treat high blood pressure may be more likely to get skin cancer than other individuals, a Danish study suggests.
- While the drug, hydrochlorothiazide, has long been linked to an increased risk of sunburns, the current study offers fresh evidence that this commonly prescribed medication may also make people more likely to develop basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
- For the study, researchers examined national prescription registry data on hydrochlorothiazide use from 1995 to 2012 as well as cancer registry records on skin malignancies diagnosed from 2004 to 2012.
- Overall, people who took hydrochlorothiazide daily for at least six years were 29% more likely to develop basal cell carcinoma and almost four times more likely to get squamous cell carcinoma than individuals who didn’t take this medication, the study found.
- “We already knew that hydrochlorothiazide makes the skin more vulnerable to damage from UV light of sun or sunbeds,” said senior study author Anton Pottegard of the University of Southern Denmark.
- “However, we did not know that hydrochlorothiazide use also appears to translate into an increased risk of non-melanoma skin cancer,” Pottegard said by email.
- The study included more than 71,000 people with basal cell carcinoma, 8,600 patients with squamous cell carcinoma, and a control group of more than 313,000 people in the Danish population who didn’t have these malignancies but were otherwise similar to the cancer patients.
- About 2.7% of patients with basal cell carcinoma and 2.1% of the control group were high users of hydrochlorothiazide, with a lifetime cumulative dose of at least 50,000 mg, or roughly six years of daily use.
1. Acne – Make a paste of Lodhra, dry coriander, Mustard and Vacha with neem leaves juice and apply over face in a day time.
2. Itching – Apply Mustard oil on affected part and stop all sour food intake.
3. IBS – Take only Buttermilk and take panchamrut parpati 500 mg twice a day with buttermilk.
4. Madness - Make Brahmi Ghrit using Old ghee of Cow and also have to use old ghee of cow in regular diet.