Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran PoddarYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years females. i am pregnant and having infection in private parts. Itching pain and burning sensation. What should I do?
Hi I'm 26, female and haven't eaten in a couple of days it seems like i've lost my appetite what can I do.
I want to have sex with my gf. We both are virgin. So please suggest me in detail what precautions should we take and what should we do for a better experience (a long duration inter course). Please suggest in detail.
Can i conceive early because i am getting small amount of milk from nipples. I got married 2 years back and now i am 24 years old, I had my last period on feb 12. Please suggest.
Hi, if am ovulating on 12th day of my periods, then will it be a successful attempt if I try to conceive on 14th and 16th day?
I am married from last 3 years with a baby of 2 years. I am not so much interested in having relation with my husband for many days. I have not any interest in sexual life. What is the reason behind this.
I am 21 years old and I am 17 weeks pregnant actually my baby weight is just 175g is it ok but my gyno Dr. saying nothing to worry if your health is good then but I am worried for my future baby I want healthy baby help me out.
My cesarean section done 20 days before. Can I walk for 2 hours in a day? And I want to start my job. For that I have to sit for 5 to 6 hour in a day. Can I do that also.
Sir, I got married before 6 month. But now my wife is not pregnant. So please suggest me what can I do?
I am 47 female did utrus operation after put on weight. What is master check up. What r the test. N is it too costly.
Had sex on 5th day of my cycle n took i-pill. After a week had some spotting. Doctor prescribed norethisterone 5mg. After stopping it had bleeding on the 4th day. It was like my normal periods. M I pregnant?
Dr. Past 2 weeks bleeding is here! Maximum 3 or 5 days bleed it. But i'm getting bleeding more then 8 days . Please tell.
Hi I am 29 years married female, want to loose weight currently I m 76 kg nd height is 5 ft 4 inch. Kindly give me solution to my obesity. I hv pcod. Want relif from huge belly n breast sizes.
I am 30 years old women. I missed my period in this month. I checked with pregnancy test but I result was negative. This is the first time I missed my period. I have over 10 days now. Please suggest what can be the problem?
Muje period nhi hote me 18 saal ki hu. 3-4 month mai kabhi kabhi hote hai. Me vegetable nhj khati hu. So please tell me mam what I do so period coming month by month not gap.
Though the act of intercourse is portrayed as an act of pleasure, achieving an orgasm is an indication of a satisfying sexual act. Inability to achieve an orgasm is far more common in females than in males and this can be due to various reasons.
Read on to know some more about the causes and ways to manage this:
A mix of psychological, social, and physical conditions can lead to orgasmic disorders in female. Some of the common causes are listed below:
- History of sexual abuse
- Poor self-esteem
- Relationship issues, lack of trust, conflicts, etc.
- Cultural or social beliefs
- Advancing age
- Chronic medical conditions like diabetes
- Medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which are frequently used in depression (depression is common in women)
- Gynecologic issues like hysterectomy
It is a vicious cycle that is contributed by more than one of these factors, which leads to strengthening of the disorder in the future. Types of orgasmic disorders: There are four types of orgasmic disorders, which are as follows:
- Primary anorgasmia: Women with such disorders have never been able to achieve an orgasm.
- Secondary anorgasmia: Over a period of time, women who previously have had orgasms are unable to achieve an orgasm.
- Situational anorgasmia: Women suffering from it would be able to achieve an orgasm only during certain situations like oral sex or masturbation, but may not climax during regular sexual intercourse.
- General: These women could be highly stimulated and aroused, but would still be unable to achieve climax.
Management and diagnosis
The first step in management is diagnosis. A detailed discussion with the doctor about sexual history followed by physical examination can help identify the problem. Being open about discussing this private topic is very important in diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment would depend on the underlying cause, and include the following:
- Diagnose and treat/manage underlying medical conditions like diabetes.
- Switch to an alternate antidepressant if SSRIs are being used.
- Involve in sex therapy where cognitive behavioral therapy is a big component. Becoming aware of what can be is very important.
- Sexual counseling with the partner to resolve any conflicts, improves trust levels and the overall health of the relationship. This is often a major cause for this disorder.
- Involving the partner to help in achieving an orgasm by clitoral stimulation, etc.
- Hormone therapy in the form of a pill, patch or gel may be used to increase sensitization in the genital area. These help by improving blood flow to the genitals and increasing sexual desire.
It is important to understand that female anorgasmia is very common and though it can be frustrating, it can be managed effectively. But do not forget to admit the problem and seek help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
A miscarriage can have adverse effects on both physical and emotional health. The impact of one such event can last for a very long time and harm your social behavior and thus, relationships. It is important to understand that in most cases, it is no one's fault. A number of things can go wrong naturally during the development of the fetus and so, the feelings of guilt, shame and anger are best avoided. Here are the common causes responsible for miscarriages:
- Chromosomal defects: Chromosomal abnormalities are responsible for more than half of the miscarriages around the world. The development conditions like Turner syndrome, cystic fibrosis, Down syndrome etc. can be detected by the system and upon detection, the system often chooses to shut itself down leading to a miscarriage. If the cause of the miscarriage is identified as a chromosomal flaw, then a maternal and fetal specialist or a genetic counsellor can help solve the problem.
- Diabetes: Pregnant women develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes mellitus in the past. This condition is known as Gestational diabetes mellitus. It occurs primarily due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result in a variety of complications, the most severe one being a miscarriage. A miscarriage may also be caused by a chronic diabetic condition.
- Thyroid conditions: Both hypothyroidism (low production of thyroid hormones) and hyperthyroidism (high production of thyroid hormones) can be responsible for miscarriages. In case of hypothyroidism, the body produces more of the other hormones in order to make up for the deficiency and this interferes with the reproductive cycle. In case of hypothyroidism, the functionality of the estrogen hormone is compromised due to the over production of other hormones.
- Separation of the sperm DNA: The sperm DNA is divided or separated due to a number of possible reasons like radiation therapy, chemotherapy, smoking, overexposure to heat etc. and it does not fertilize the egg properly i.e. the DNA is not delivered efficiently. The eggs can sometimes repair the damage in the DNA but this does not happen, a miscarriage is the likely outcome. The condition in males can be treated depending on the reason for the damage in the sperm.