Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kiran Poddar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran PoddarYour feedback matters!
I'm 22, had sex 2-3 months back but always with protection. Have pcos. Didn't get periods for 2 months now. Tested urine many times always negative. Was put on regestrone but it has been 2 days since I stopped no periods. Could I be pregnant? And what should I do to induce periods.
My mother had her last period on 26 January ,2017 and suddenly today morning she again had her period. She was having cramps from past 2 days just like period cramps and bleeding started today morning.
Due to pcod heavy abnormal bleeding, I have been visited homeopathy clinic they are given to cure pcod but at present to stop bleeding there is no medicine they are suggesting wt I have to do stop bleeding.
A nasal reconstruction surgery is required to correct deformities in the nasal area formed as a result of birth defects, injuries, trauma etc. It is also used to correct missing parts of the nasal anatomy if required. Recent developments in techniques such as microsurgery, expansion of the tissue and so on, have helped surgeons improve the methods of nasal reconstruction surgery to a great extent. At this point, a patient has a great number of reconstruction methods to choose from, depending on his/her particular case.
Types of Nasal Reconstruction Surgery:
- Local flaps
- Regional flaps
- Secondary Intention Healing
- Simple Suture closure
- Skin grafts
- One stage nasolabial flap
- Two stage nasolabial flap
- Forehead flap Bone and Cartilage frame work reconstruction
Indicators of the need for Nasal Reconstruction surgery
- One indicator of the need for this type of surgery is fractures in the nose that have changed the shape of the organ. Patients opt for this kind of surgery in order to improve their overall appearance.
- Another indicator is fractures or other deformities that lead to breathing problems. Living with such problems is difficult; hence it is important to get nasal reconstruction surgery.
- The presence of the Deviated Nasal Septum prevents proper breathing and increases vulnerability to ENT infections. Nasal reconstruction surgery can be used to fix this problem.
- Deformities formed as a result of treatment of skin cancer can be fixed with the help of nasal reconstruction surgery.
Things to know about recovering from Nasal Reconstruction Surgery
- Medication taken orally can help to counter the discomfort experienced right after a nasal reconstruction surgery.
- Usually, splints are used inside the nose during the surgery.
- These are generally removed within a week. Patients are able to get up and walk about within a few days. Normal daily activities may be resumed upon the doctor's instructions.
- At times, a swelling may be observed in the nasal area, but this goes away within a few weeks.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm 34 weeks pregnant with second baby, and first baby being 3 years old born in Aug 2013 via Cesarean due to fetal stress (as reports say). As per my gynae everything is going good. Im eager to know if I would need a Caesarian one a again or if I can go via Normal for the delivery. Till now the tests as urine, HB, ultrasound, sugar level etc all are normal. How is it decided? Can there be any complication due to the first Caesarian? I'm confused, please help. Thanks in advance.
I am 32 weeks pregnant. I have 5'6" height. Before pregnancy my weight is 55 and now it is 68. But I do not have big tummy. Is everything of my baby is ok? My latest ultrasound report tells weight is 1390 gm. What does it mean? please help Dr. urgent. I am very tense.
I am having thyroid. Taking medicine of 75 dosage. Weight 75 Age 27 Will it be difficult for me to conceive after marriage or it can be normal? I am gaining regularly for 2 hours. Weight is reducing slowly and muscles are increasing. Please suggest how difficult will it be to conceive?
I am 22 years. I got 1 month pregnant which medicine to helpful for me to take in this condition for aborting pregnancy.
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination. These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged. This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic clinics, doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!