Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KiranYour feedback matters!
How can I came over insomnia? I can't sleep at midnight. I am facing a big trouble in a daytime. Can you please suggest some way?
Hello sir, My hand was shivering too when get mentally pressure that time, happy, and sad moment all time how to stop that, now doing be final year next waiting to job medically nit fit please help me.
My father who is 52 years of age has been diagnosed of multiple sclerosis but we do not know the basis of it and the cure for it. Can you please help?
I am an 18 year old boy, I am suffering from a disease migraine, I consulted many doctors nd taken all the remedy but can not get through it. I need your help what should I do now?
Hi Mere bhai ka 12 date ko shaam ko accident ho gya tha so head injury ho gya hai to wo abhi bol nhi paa raha hai to sir wah kitne din baad bol payega.
I have numbness in my right hand PINKY (only) finger for three days. I have read on net it should go with time but couldn't find a solution. please suggest if there is any exercise or posture. Thanks and pay attention it is only in pinky finger.
Please tell the real symptoms of migraine. And please tell me the medicine which gives release in migraine. Please help me. I my very much worried about it.
Asperger's Syndrome has recently come under the umbrella of Autism Spectrum Disorder. This syndrome usually affects the social skills of the patient, most heavily. The patient may seem normal and even intelligent at first glance. But on closer interaction, several social skill problems will come to the fore including an obsessive focus on certain topics and issues. Repetitive behaviour is also a part of this disease.
Let us find out more about Asperger's Syndrome:
- Symptoms: The symptoms usually begin to show up early on in one's childhood. The patient will not be able to make eye contact while speaking with others. Also, a perfectly normal person may seem inordinately shy and reserved during social interactions. This awkwardness may come to the fore in the form of looking for expression cues on other people's faces and even the body language. The patient may not be a very happy and lively soul, with hardly a smile to crack at the funniest of jokes. The lack of emotions or the emotionally numb state is also a major giveaway of the condition. Other symptoms may include a strong aversion towards change in food habits and routine.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis is usually done by mental health specialists like a developmental paediatrician, a psychiatrist, a psychologist or even a paediatric neurologist. These specialists can put the child through a variety of tests that will study the neurological health as well as the speech and emotional behaviour of the child.
- Educating the Parent: Once the diagnosis has been done, the parents of the patient will have to appraised of the condition and its implications. The symptoms and treatment will have to be duly discussed even as the parents are put through training and therapy to learn techniques with which they can help the child in progressing along more normal lines. The therapy will also help the parents deal with the challenge of living with someone suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: There are varied forms of treatment that aim at fixing the specific areas and symptoms that the patient is learning to live with. Social skills training, speech and language therapy, CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and other forms of treatment can help the child overcome many symptoms that come from this condition.
In the course of the treatment, it is important for the child, parent and therapist concerned to realise that there is no single approach that can be applied to all patients suffering from Asperger's Syndrome. Individual care and therapy will be required for individual cases. At the same time, most of the skills will need to be repeated at home so that the child takes them more seriously.
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson’s disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I have severe pain in my brain since last 1 month. Due to which their is loss of vision. What can I do to avoid this?
Time is most critical part in nerve injury treatment.