Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My daughter is 5 years old. Now a days after eating little bit of breakfast, she has stomach pain & vomiting. But in noon & night she is eating well. What is the reason for this symptoms?
Dear Sir, My 21 month old child suffering from cough, cold and fever since 4 days. Before 25 days he was suffered from cough. The child specialist told that your son is infected from grand TV after x-ray and blood test report. He gave medicine for 10 days and call after 10 days. After 10 days he gave medicine again for 30 days. And now he is suffering from cough ,cold and fever and child specialist is out of country. Now another doctor treating my son and he hold all previous medicine. Please advice me that medicine of grand TV on hold is good or not for my son's health. Medicine detail are given below.
My son is of 10 years, he is very weak and gets tired very soon and gets sweat frequently. We don't eat non vegetarian and eggs. Please suggest me a healthy vegetarian diet so that he will become strong and active.
Hello Dr. my baby is preterm n has low birth weight 2 kg, also he is not feeding timely (2 hrs duration) he sleeps a lot n wake sometimes 3-4 hrs later I'm so worried coz he is not gaining weight now he is 3 weeks old still he has gain 2.18 kg only. Also I had lost 8 kg I want to know should I strt giving him formula milk? N if he is breast feeding how mny times I should feed if m giving formula milk please tell.
A child's growth pattern is an important part of determining normal growth. No child has a perfectly steady growth rate; children go through growth spurts and periods of slower growth. The best way to evaluate a child's growth pattern is to plot the child's height and weight on a growth chart. This can be completed by a doctor or a health care practitioner, at school, or even at home. The growth chart will show the child's growth over a period of time.
Any departure from a prior growth pattern appropriate for the child's genetic background may signal the appearance of a disease. Contact a doctor or healthcare practitioner if the child's growth or height is a concern. The doctor may suggest seeing a specialist paediatric Endocrinologist who can perform tests to determine if the child has a hormone deficiency.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.
My baby is 10 days old. But still he doesn't learn how to suck milk. We are feeding him by spoon. Please suggest how to train him for breastfeeding. Thanks.
Hi my baby is 5 months old. Since her birth I have been using Vaidyaratnam ksheerabala Thailam for her massage and she has no problem so far. But due to winter now, her skin has become too dry and red rough skin specially face skin. I don't want to use any lotion as she keep on putting her hands in her mouth. Please suggest something safe and good for my baby's dry skin. Also please advice if I can use roghan badam shirin oil on her face / body to keep her skin moisturised.
I have a 10 month old baby he is having cold since 8 days rather more of congestion I can also see him breathing through mouth cuz of congestion what should I do about it?
Hi. My baby is 4yrs old. Present wgt15kgs. Birth wgt: 3. 5kgs. Hb 12gms% baby[10days old]was admitted in icu for phototherapy as tcb was 24. 06mg/dl. After discharge baby was normal. During winter cold n stuffynose were issues. Now taking iron[tonoferon] n multivitamin[glutanase] and osto-polibian syrups. I observed often foul smelling stool, color vary from green, dark green n sometimes dull black clay balls noncticky and sometimes sticky stool with normal brown color. I am worried. She doesn't eat food properly. Nor drink milk. Usually poops twice a day. One immediately after lunch. Stool test is done and report shows: color-brown: consistency-well formed: reaction-acidic(6. 5): mucous-absent: blood-absent: pus cells-1-2/hpf: epithelial cells-1-2/hpf: rbc-absent: ova, systs, trophozoites-not found: starch granuels-present(+): vegetable cells-present(++): fat-absent: sometimes I feel some popping sound in her knees when I touch them. Can you please suggest in this regard also.
What care should be taken (from now on) for my six year old daughter so that she has healthy hair and skin in future. Should some supplements be given for a healthy body?
Hi Dr. My baby is now 12 days old. But I am experiencing pain while breast feeding. What should I do?
Concentration problems and trouble in focusing on one task at a time can be termed as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD, in rare and severe cases. While most of the cases are identified in one's childhood, it has been seen that many cases persist into adulthood while still others go completely undiagnosed. This mental health disorder comes with a number of symptoms and management methods. Read on to know more.
- Symptoms: While many patients suffering from this disorder may not display any obvious symptoms at a young age as children are supposed to be brimming with energy, the symptoms for adult ADHD, start to show up in a more obvious fashion. Wavering concentration and low levels of focus along with disorganised living with impulsiveness are the first signs of adult ADHD. Such adults also have trouble when it comes to finishing one task at a time, or even focusing on a task for a prolonged period of time. Bouts of impatience and excessive activity can also show up as symptoms, while restlessness is a quality that most of these patients seem to possess.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of this condition is slightly difficult because most adults may complain of some or the other symptoms related to this condition at some point in their lives. Anxiety and mood swing related symptoms can help in diagnosing the condition in a better manner. If the condition ends up disrupting your normal life, work, socialising and behaviour in general, then you may want to see a doctor regarding the same, so that proper diagnosis may take place.
- Causes: While genetic predisposition is said to be the foremost cause of this condition, especially when it continues well into adulthood, there are various environmental factors that may also have a significant bearing on the onset of the condition. Exposure as a child increases the risk of falling prey to this condition. Also, when there are problems with the central nervous system during the developing years, the patient may start to develop symptoms connected with this disorder later on.
- Treatment: Stimulants and other medication like anti-depressants, nonstimulant amphetamine are also used for treating this condition along with therapy and psychological counselling for better organisation in life.