Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran KirtaniYour feedback matters!
Im 25 years old male. Im having eye sight of 1.75 in one dye and 2 jn other eye. Is it possible to reduce eye sight totally? If yes, how? If not, Why?
I have problem in my eyes. I can not see everything clear sometimes. And it pains also. So how could I see better?
Hello sir I have eyes problem cone macular dystrophy I feel my eyes die day too day please help me doctor suggest me doctor and clinic.
I have itchy and watery eye for 6 days, sometime it becomes red and tired. What is the problem? I had done eye check up 2 month ago & its report was all normal.
Myopia is also known by the name of nearsightedness. It is one of the most common refractive disorders of the eye. Over the years, it has become more prevalent. According to a recent study conducted by the National Eye Institute (NEI), myopia has grown more prevalent from 25 percent in 1972 to around 40% percent in 2004 in United States.
The exact cause of the prevalence of this disorder in USA is not known. However, many doctors are of the opinion that eye fatigue due to overuse of computers can be the primary reason behind the spread of this disorder. It could also be affected by genetical links.
Myopia Symptoms And Signs:
It is time to take care of your eyes if you have difficulty in reading the sign boards on road or seeing objects from a distance. This could be a sign for myopia if you are able to see things clearly from a closer distance. There are several symptoms of myopia, including strain on eyes, headaches and squinting. If these signs don’t vanish after wearing lenses or spectacles, you must visit your ophthalmologist.
What are the factors that cause Myopia or Nearsightedness?
It occurs at a time when the eyeball of the patient is too long. The lens of the patient will be too long as compared to the focusing power of the cornea or the eye lens. This condition leads to the focusing of light rays at a point in front of the retina. The rays don’t focus directly on the retina’s surface. Myopia can also be caused if the lens of the eye is too curved. Myopia can also be caused due to a combination of factors. The problem may start from childhood. You are also at the risk of developing the problem if your parents have had the problem.
Myopia is not a rare disorder of the eye. People living with myopia have several options of its treatment. It can be rectified or corrected with the help of spectacles and contact lenses. It can also be corrected by refractive surgery. The kind of treatment to be chosen depends upon the degree of your myopia. You will be asked to wear lenses or spectacles for a prescribed amount of time, depending upon the degree of your disorder.
If you are suffering from myopia, the doctor will prescribe you to wear spectacles or lenses of a certain power that will be preceded by a minus (-) sign. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
My eyes sight not well. There are many problem in our eyes my eyes not good. Why I can proper good my eyes.
I am a 23 years old boy. I have headache problem due to less sleep. I have eye vision problem as well. I cannot remember quickly the things what I know. I use long time for sleep but my sleep is not so much depth and some tension always acting during sleep. I awaken 2-3 times in midway sleep. What should do to make tension free, clear, depth sleep? Is there any ayurvedic solution?
As Naksha is my friend she get headache when she's exposed to Sun for much time and that lasts for long time and she's going into a depression that what's happening to me why I am getting weaker she's afraid of doctors and she has eye sight and she's using spectacles can I know the reason she gets headache regularly when she gets exposed to sun.
Hello, There is a problem in my eyes (specially in left) that there is continuous flow of water 24 hrs since 10 years from my both eyes. It cause s eyes brightness shrinking day by day. please suggest it solution.
I have spectacles since 2007. My power rises a little every year. Currently it is -4 in one eye and -3.75 in the other. Is it possible to correct my vision by any eye exercise? If so, please may I know what exercise I should do? I don't want to use contact lens. And lasik treatment might have side effects as far as I've heard. Please suggest.:)
About 2 year ago he have body joint pain then he take medicine regularly today's. Than one year ago he have other problem like eye dryness and mouth dryness .than we consult a eye specialist than he suggest a physician .we consult my city physician physician take many test but no result .we counsel Jaipur physician also. But no result .many doctor suggestions take high consultant like aims Delhi. We dispose many rupees but no solution found . What is this doses.
Respected sir I just getting pain on belly one side actually I just working in software line I have to do my computer work more than 9 hours its make me eye problems and back problem. I get pain one side belly. Why I just get that type pain. Is this any symptoms. Kindly help me.
Recently I visited eye specialist. Eyes were dilated and examined. From the next day itself I have allergy like condition like watering of eyes, itching, swelling and redness in eyes. I am allergic to ampicillin. Please suggest a remedy. This condition persists for a week. Thank you K Shanmugam.
At present my eye sight are going to reduce. I also use optical for reading purposes only but presently vision is not clear my power is 0.5 and 0.75.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologist may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.