Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran DuaYour feedback matters!
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese, is a dairy product which is made by curdling the milk with the help of lemon or vinegar and then draining the liquid. Not only is it delicious and an integral part of some of the most popular dishes of Indian cuisine, it is also a very good source of calcium, protein and healthy fats that help in improving the functioning of the body.
Here are some of the surprising health benefits of this Indian dietary staple:
- Diabetes-friendly: The carbohydrate content is low in paneer, which makes it a very good option for diabetics. Consumption of paneer does not cause a surge in the blood sugar level as it is digested slowly by the body.
- Improves bone and teeth health: Protein is a good source of calcium and phosphorus that helps in improving the health of the teeth and bones in the body.
- Helps in weight loss: Cottage cheese is a great source of conjugated linoleic acid that helps in boosting the metabolism of the body, thus aiding weight loss. Plus, it lowers the risk of cancer by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol in the body.
- Contains high amounts of protein: Enriched with vegetable protein, which is the basic building component of muscles and bones, paneer is known to keep your muscles and bones in good health. Besides, the protein in paneer is essential for brain development and the development of the fetus, making it another reason why it should be a part of your diet.
- Helps you fight bone disorders: Paneer is rich in Omega - 3 & 6 fatty acids, which helps you fight bone disorders such as arthritis.
- Gives boost to your hair and skin: As it is rich in antioxidants, vitamins its consumption promotes good hair and skin health.
- Boosts the immune system: Paneer contains compounds that help in strengthening the immune system, thereby preventing disorders like common cold, cough and bronchial asthma.
Note: One should be cautious for the high level of sodium and high level of cholesterol in cottage cheese made from whole milk.
My wife is 35 years old. She is having periods for every 15 days from 45 days. In 2009 she had been suggested with mirena, we went with mirena in 2009 and removed it in 2015. There was no problem even after removing mirena but from last 2 month she is having heavy bleed with pain and also becoming very weak. Please suggest me with good advice and treatment and we are undergoing all medications according to my regular gynaecologist.
Why my periods are delayed by 17 days. please reply. Im. Not sexually active. Taking monsoon tablets. How many days it needs. To gt periods. 19 age.
We are trying for baby. I have missed my period by 8 days N my pregnancy test is also negative. How I can get to know whether I am pregnant or not?
Hello Sir, I am 30 year old male, 5 year back I had sex with call girl, while having sex condom fell inside her vagina for few seconds, we also had oral sex. I did some HIV test after 1 month of having sex which came Negative, also 6 months back I once again did some HIV test which were also negative. I may get married soon so just wanted to confirm with some more Test, which will ensure that I do not have HIV, AIDS, or "Herpes" so that I can take decision on my marriage, any test for infection or virus (Herpes) so it should not get transferred to my partner. I don feel any burning sensation while urinating also I have never been too much sick from the incidence. Basically I am looking for Test which will ensure that I do not have HIV/AIDS/HERPES and other thing which should not get transferred to my partner. Thank you
My age is 41. I got a cut near anus by nail six month before. It is not healing up. I am using soframycin.
Hello doctor, today I have done my ovulation study my doctor suggested me to do that so the result come is that my eggs are 9mm n today is 10th day of my menses. I wanna know can I get pregnant asap, and does the egg size matter to get pregnant and if yes then pls suggest me what all I need to do and eat to get my eggs to grow healthy and to grow faster. My doctor called me on 12th and 14th day too to check the growth. Please help me out so that I can increase the size of egg before my next visit. Doc please rpl me so that it help me a useful way. Thanks.
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many a times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.