Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kintoo Krishan Doomra
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kintoo Krishan DoomraYour feedback matters!
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor.
I am having joint pain since six months. I am five feet and seven inches and my weight is 62 kg. My blood tests ra factor, uric acid, crp, anti ccp joint x rays all are normal. I am on xcqs 200 mg tab BD folvite 5 md od Folitrax once a week omnacortil 5 mg od. I have morni g stiffness. I have meet many doctors but I still have problem. Please help.
I have pain in the left side of the forehead between 10 pm to 4 am. I have very much pain. Please solve my problem & give suggestions as soon as possible.
Dear sir I have severe pain in my back and down to both legs and pain in both shoulder. Kindly suggest me, what should I do? Is it sciatic pain?
I am 21 year old male. I am suffering from backache from last 3 days please help me out some medicine or some solution.
WHAT IS ARTHRITIS?
Your body’s joints are not like the joints of a robot. They can’t be oiled when they feel stiff. Yet the joints in your body are mechanical parts, and when they no longer move easily and smoothly, they do not work effectively and comfortably.
What causes the pain?
What causes the stiffness?
What can you do about it?
The first thing to get out of the way is the myth that there is such thing as a single disease called arthritis. The truth is that the word arthritis is about as useful and specific as the word infection; and just as there are over a hundred different types of infection so there are over a hundred different types of arthritis. Because arthritis takes many forms, some with devastating effects on your future health, careful diagnosis as soon as symptoms are noticed, is important. Early detection and prompt treatment can help relieve pain and prevent later complications.
Arthritis affects individuals indifferent ways. Treatments that work for one person with one type of arthritis do not always work for another person with another type. Self-diagnosis and self-treatment, based on the experiences of others, can have potentially harmful effects in that it causes the self-medicator to postpone more appropriate, individualized treatment.If you have symptoms of arthritis, you can help yourself by seeking prompt medical attention and diagnosis.
If someone you love thinks he or she has arthritis, encourage the person to have a professional diagnosis and begin treatment.Knowing more about the various types of arthritis will help you understand the disease and how you can help yourself while following the treatment plan outlined by your physician.
The Wear-And-Tear Disease Osteoarthritis affects more people than any other type.Physicians may refer to it as degenerative joint disease. Patients usually know this disease best as old age arthritis.Why does osteoarthritis occur? In a normal joint a smooth,elastic material called cartilage covers the ends of your bones where they meet. Cartilage enables the bones to glide smoothly across each other and gives joints their flexibility. When the cartilage wears away, it becomes painful to move the joint.
The ends of the bones may develop spurs, or outgrowths, and ligaments and membranes around the bones may thicken. As a result the shape and structure of the joint may change. In reaction to the pain, muscles near the joint may become tense and contract.
As muscles weaken, use of the joint may become more restricted. While each case of osteoarthritis is different, your understanding should begin with the anatomy of bones and joints.While osteoarthritis can occur in any joint, the joints most commonly affected are the weight-bearing ones: knees, hips, and lumbar spine.It often affects the joints of the fingers, the base of the thumb, and the big toe. Physicians categorize cases of osteoarthritis as primary and secondary.
The primary form seems to begin by itself, with no specific cause,while the secondary type may have many causes but often results from too much stress and strain on a joint.
Primary osteoarthritis occurs mostly in women and may have a hereditary component because it seems to appear more in some families than in others. It sometimes begins fairly early in life, even during the late thirties and early forties. Osteoarthritis seems to be quite generalized and affects small joints such as the fingers and toes.