Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Khushboo VarshneyYour feedback matters!
Me and my girlfriend dobe sex before 4 days to her period date and she can not get period properly 2 3 drops bleeding when she go to washroom otherwise her period regular then what is problem with her.
Kya hum pregnancy period me bhi sex kar sakte he ya nhi? Ya usase koi problem ho sakti hai. My wife is pregnant from 3 months. Pls suggest me.
The most commonly encountered two facts about the drug or alcohol use by our addicted kids are drugs/ alcohol are something which they really like those are something which they find really hard to give up. They know that the drug can kill them in a long run, but still they go with the immediate rewards by consuming the drug. The whole addiction thing is about being in the moment and choosing what your brain craves for right now at the expense of other rewards and possibilities. So what we observe is that drug hijacks a person's rational thinking for the long term consequences.
Addiction has to do with changes in the brain that come about gradually, become more and more central, more and more powerful as the time passes by. The drug use becomes the axis of the person, around which the other activities in life takes turn. It takes on the central meaning and role in the person's life in such a way that the most irrational idea about taking the drug or alcohol may seem to the person the most rational in that particular situation, as the drug compromises the person's clear thinking. So yes an addict can make choices for his drug cravings but the way they make choices is the thing we must think about. In an addict the brain does what it needs to do, but in a very non-adaptive way. In simple words addiction hijacks the very parts of the brain that are supposed to fix it.
Craving is the fundamental psychological experience of an addict because of which addiction occurs. Dopamine serves as the fuel for craving and is the common pathway for all kinds of addictions. Natural goodies like the food and sex certainly release dopamine in brain and follow the progression from liking to wanting i. E. Wanting more of those. As per studies, among the natural rewards sex can provide a person with the maximum natural high of upto 200% dopamine levels in brain. But the drugs cause a higher than 200% dopamine levels, which thus is the magic mark for addictive processes to occur. Also with repeated drug use there are changes in the arrangement of the inner landscape of synaptic architecture in brain, such that the thoughts, the images, the memories about the drug use behavior takes over many parts of the cortex of brain and thus the person see the drug cues wherever he gets a dopamine rush, be it with sex or food or social gatherings. Thus dopamine drives the person with a feeling of craving for the drug. Also with repeated dopamine increments of higher than natural amounts, there is maladaptive learning in brain in form of the shrinkage of dopamine cells, decrease in dopamine receptors and depletion of the dopamine stores. Thus the real natural goodies like sex or food are than not able to give a dopamine high and the only way left is to have more drugs. The person becomes impulsive and compulsive in his drug taking behavior. Repetition compulsion feedback loop keeps the person going after the drug use, narrowing the sense of meaningful world for the person. This causes a vicious cycle of incremental drug intake and thus addiction. Dopamine pathways are subdued by chronic drug use and thus the drug addicts are never able to keep up with their promises of staying away from the drug.
But then our brains have enormous reparative capacity and so a lot of the things that drugs do to damage the brain are probably reversible. One of the things that last the longest are the memories associated with drug use and the learning/ operant conditioning that occurs with it. The acute memory of brain over stimulation with drug is captured in amygdale which designates an important part of the instinctual brain i. E. The brain part which can't be controlled. So if a drug related cue is presented to a recovering addict, all that they can remember is the greatest high which they ever had with the drug. Thus the person remains preoccupied and thinks about the drug even when not using it. When this occurs, it is for the lifetime and we can't undo it. Their amygdale are going to light up seeing the drug cues for rest of their lives. This is why we say recovery from drug is a lifelong experience. Studies show a much faster depletion of our brain neurotransmitters by drug use (less than 12 months), than their replenishment in recovery from addiction (5 to 7 years). Thus during recovery an ongoing treatment for the imbalanced brain neurotransmitters and the visible symptoms due to the same is always essential.
Symptoms and Treatments for Uterine Bleeding
I’m Dr. Sharda Jain, Director of Life Care Centre. I’m going to talk today about uterine bleeding.
Uterine bleeding is a very common problem. Every fifth woman after she starts having periods is troubled because of altered heavy bleeding pattern. Now, if she is less than 20 years then, in that particular case, if the cycle is coming less in 21 days and she is bleeding for more than five days and if she does see passage of clots she should, you should not delay it because her haemoglobin is going to dropped out, her studies are going to get suffered, so, please see gynaecologist as early as possible.
Between 20 to 40 years, this time, the bleeding is usually related to pregnancy because these people are married and anytime in case if there is a lapse in using a contraceptive, effective contraception then, in that particular case it is all related to pregnancy. After your doctor’s visit and examination a trans-vaginal sonography is done and we find out what is the cause and the treatment is done early.
After 40 years, when the woman has got problems, we have to be worried about it, because at that particular time the chance is we think that they can be uterine malignancy or it can be genital malignancy. Again, it is a very simple procedure.
After doctor’s examination, after an ultrasound, opsis, endometrial biopsy is done and that sorts out everything. So, the diagnosis right on the day 1 is done in 90 percent of cases at the end of 48 hours, you find you have a full diagnosis. Sometime the bleeding comes after the stoppage of period that is after menopause and that time we view it just like that it can be, it is cancer unless proved otherwise.
Again, we have to be aggressive here, along with ultrasound, along with endometrial biopsy, hysteroscopy is also done at that particular stage and then we want to find out that there is no underlying malignancy.
Do not ignore the bleeding problem in your wife, in your daughter, in your daughter-in-law.
Seek the doctor’s help early.
You can visit us on the site of Lybrate.
I currently started using hooked bra. But I still don't know the proper size as I wear 32B of one brand but other 32B cups are very big. Internet has very different methods to determine the bra size. What is the proper way to determine the bra size?
My last period date is 19th June but when I check its positive but I don't want baby because I have one baby and she is very small. I concern to doctor and she prescribe me unwanted kit to abort. I want to ask is it effective for surgeon women.
My girlfriend was late for her periods last 1 week we had unprotected sex and also we tested home pregnancy test the result was negative what was the problem with her.
Had my periods on 2nd of a month and then 2 weeks from then. I got sudden bleeding at an interval of 2-3 days till 21st of that month. And after that on 24rth day of the same month I had sexual intercourse with my partner.in which he pulled out before ejaculating. Is there any chances of pregnancy. When will be my next period if it's cycle length is 35-36 days?
Recently my period is over after 2 days I had sex after then I started bleeding during sex also I felt very burning should I use lube or whats wrong with me does pcod affect sex life? Does pcod cause bleeding after sex. please tell me
A mundane life is something every person dreads. While people fail to find time to indulge in modes of entertainment regularly, there's a handy way to relieve them of stress. The key to remedy their woes is in their own hands. If you have been trying to reach after such a solution for long, forget the forage and laugh your way to glory. Hundreds of people, consciously or unconsciously, have been benefitted by the positive effects of laughter. So, the next time you see a swarm of people laughing in the nearby park you should probably join them.
The following statistics state the health benefits of laughter:-
- Laughing can help you burn calories- If you want to burn some calories the easiest way is to laugh for more than a while. Laughing for a few minutes can effectively burn ten to forty kilocalories. In order to make this kind of progress last, a person needs to laugh for an hour each day. Laughing can also reduce fifty percent of your anxiety thus heightening your energy levels.
- Laughing allows you to see from a different perspective- Being absorbed in your subjective perspective can be very bad for the decisions you make. Humor encourages you to maintain constructive distance from a problem in order to come up with a different perspective. In over seventy percent cases of clinical depression, humor has prevented patients from being overwhelmed by occurrences.
- Your cardiac health can be improved through humor- Being happy keeps your heart happy. So many people cannot workout even if they wish to. Severe injuries or other illnesses could hinder a person's intention of exercising regularly. They should laugh to treat their cardiac conditions. Laughing can make your heart pump as much as walking at an unhurried pace does.
- Laughter can increase the number of T cells- T cells are cells that make up a person's immune system. Laughing puts T cells in action and they immediately start defending your body against infections and diseases. Laughing can treat sixty percent of the common diseases human beings contract. One can deal with the threat of common cold or viral fever through his or her knack for humor.
- Laughter can deal with hypertension- Hypertension is a threatening condition faced by millions. Not caring for high blood pressure levels can result either in a stroke or a heart attack. The simple way to control hypertension is to laugh as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am 31 year and 48 days pregnant. In blood test report my thyroid level is 11.6 so I am suffering from hyperthyroidism. Is it dangerous for my pregnancy? which medicine can decrease my thyroid level?
I delivered my baby 3 months back through c section. Till now I didn't get my periods after the first period which I got from the delivery day. I'm both breast feeding and formula feeding my baby. Is this normal? And am I still ovulating now and do we need to use protection while periods are not coming.
Hi, I am 24 years old. I am diagnosed with PCOS and taken the treatment for 3 months with KRIMSON-35 then my period showed up naturally in 4th month around cycle of 44 days. Now it is about 50 days I didn't get my period. What should I do. Shall I have to wait or consult the doc please advise me. Thanks in advance.
I had an intercourse on my 8th day of my period but my bleeding was completely stopped on 6th day and on the next day of intercourse I took an I-pill and then on the evening I had an intercourse again and in the morning as well so what should I do so that I should not conceive.
My wife 25 years old. She is pregnant. Which care during pregnancy. Which type food she eat in wall pregnancy?
There are technical ways in which you can get your body all set for labour. Although you may not know how your labour will progress, you can ease the pain that you experience during childbirth to a significant extent by doing these four exercises:
1. Kegel Exercises: These exercises target the muscles that provide support to your bladder, uterus, urethra and rectum. By strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor, these exercises help in improving the flow of blood to your vaginal and rectal area. Kegel exercises involve contracting of the muscles of your pelvic floor as you would do if you had to prevent passing urine or stool. It is also known to reduce the duration of the pushing stage of childbirth, which is the second stage. You can do the exercises sitting or standing and in either of the two ways-
Slow kegels: For this, contract the muscles of your pelvic floor and hold them for 3-10 seconds. Release and repeat the exercise for ten times.
Fast kegels: To do this, you need to contract and loosen up your pelvic muscles 25-50 times. Do the set for about 4 times with 5 seconds interval between each set.
2. Squatting: Practising squatting during your pregnancy can help in preparing your pelvic muscles for labour. While strengthening your thighs, it opens up your pelvis for an easy descent of the baby. So, here’s what you should do:
1. Begin by standing behind a chair for support with your feet wide apart
2. While contracting your abdominal muscles, relax your shoulders and chest before lowering your tailbone towards the floor
3. While inhaling and exhaling deeply, push into your legs and go back into a standing position
3. Pelvic Tilt: This exercise helps in strengthening the muscles of your back, pelvis and thigh regions while improving posture. Ensuring your pelvic joints remain flexible, it eases the pain experienced during delivery. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Get down on both your hands and knees while keeping your head in a parallel position with your back
2. While arching your back, pull in your stomach
3. Hold this position for a few seconds before releasing
The exercise needs to be repeated 3-5 times - all the while maintaining a strong hold over your back and stomach.
4. Tailor Pose: The tailor pose is designed to help relax your hip joints as well as open up the pelvis. It also helps in improving your body posture while easing the aches that occur in the lower part of your back. For this, you need to perform the following steps:
1. While keeping your back straight, sit comfortably on the floor
2. Placing the soles of both the feet together, press your knees gently towards the floor
3. Keep the position for 10-15 seconds. You can repeat the exercise for 5-10 times. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.