Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Khurseed AnwerYour feedback matters!
I'm 25 years old and I'm suffering from back pain for past 2 years on the left side what should I do now? Which specialist I want to refer.
I have high grade partial tear of acl, more than 50% fascicles of acl disrupted. Grade 1 sprain at femoral attachment of acl. Grade 2 sprain of lateral patellar retinaculum near femoral attachment. Grade 1 injury injury within distal bicep femoris tendon. Hoe much time it will take me to recover? Is surgery needed for acl.
My mother is 65 years old she has pain in legs below knees her knees are alright but below it she feel severe pain sometimes and sometimes normal pain in both legs.
I am suffering back pain since 2 days. It is between the back, litter upper .it is really painful. Kindly help me.
I am a 18 years old male and have a backache problem after waking up. What should i do? Please advise.
Knee pain is a common phenomenon that plagues most of the people irrespective of their age. It can be the outcome of a torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. Medical complications, such as infections, gout or arthritis (painful inflammation and stiffness of the joints) can also give way to knee pain. Minor knee pain can be eased by self-care remedies such as physical therapy or by putting on knee braces. However, few complications might demand surgical repair. Pain can be managed by the pain management specialists.
Tips to manage knee pain
1. Medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen and acetaminophen can be administered to help remedy knee pain.
2. You can seek relief by massaging your knees with ointments constituting of a number of agents such as capsaicin or lidocaine.
3. Keep away from your usual chores to prevent repetitive strains on the knees, thus, allowing the injury to heal as well as to stay safe from further damage.
4. Applying an ice pack in a towel can ease the inflammation and pain. But do not extend its usage for more than 20 minutes because that might harm the skin and nerves.
5. Compression bandages can inhibit fluid accumulation in the damaged tissues aiding knee alignment stability. Ensure that it is tight enough to render support to your knees without actually obstructing blood circulation.
6. To pacify the swelling, try resting your sore leg on a pillow (the idea here is to keep the affected leg elevated to reduce further pain).
7. Shed off your extra pounds as being overweight increases chances of other disorders such as osteoarthritis problem.
8. Go for regular work outs to enhance and maintain the flexibility of your muscles as excessively weak or abnormally tight muscles can contribute to injuries. Be smart while choosing your method of exercise based on the condition you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 60 years old. My both the arms are paining. I am not able to lift my right hand from the shoulder level. Not able to touch my top back or rub my back with my right hand. What I have to do ?
I am 23 years old Boy I am suffer from backbone pain and I loose my sperm in urine sir please tell an treatment for cure these problem.
Hi from few days my left hand getting pain plus elbow joint also and from hip to leg pain when i am lying on bed please give me your suggestion doctor thanks.
I am 58 years now my both knees are in pain when I start to move/walk. My weight is 79 kg.I want to loose my weight minimum 14kg .My hight is 5' -5.
I've lymph node at the right side of the skull base, behind the ear. This is for 3 days now and it's swollen a bit & painful when I turn my neck. Which specialty doctor to consult.
Do you remember the last time you had a searing knee pain in the middle of your morning run? It was probably because you did not warm up properly. The incidence of injuries in various sports has gone up in the recent times, and it is mostly due to the lack of proper warm up exercises. However, other factors come into play as well, such as the pressure of increased workload on the current batch of athletes, missing a trick or two with the proper technique to be followed, etc.
In order to reduce the risk of an injury, it is advised to follow these simple tips:
Set realistic goals for yourself: Don’t go overboard with anything that includes repetitively stressing and straining your body over a certain degree. If you are planning to go for a run or hit to the gym, make sure you set goals that you can sustain and find feasible. One example of this would be to not increase the amount of weight drastically while lifting weights as it can lead to serious injuries.
Follow the right technique: Proper technique is very important in sports, a lack of which can lead to injuries. Ask your trainer to observe your form when you perform any activity. Focus on your breathing and posture when you are exercising.
Warm up before you begin exercising: Warming up before you exercise or play a sport is important as it helps loosen your muscles and boost blood circulation. It drastically reduces the risks of sustaining injuries, and also prepares your body for the subsequent exercise.
Cool down: Similar to an essential warm up is the need to cool down; it is another aspect that should not be ignored. Cooling down usually consists of stretches and postures that promote flexibility. The muscles become sore after working out. Stretching can help reduce post workout pain and make the joints flexible. Cooling down also helps in eliminating lactic acid from the muscles, which means less pain after exercise.
Listen to your body: During an activity, if you feel that you can no longer carry on, terminate the activity. The chances of injury rise if you continue to push your body over your threshold limit. If you think that you can no longer carry on doing something without risking an injury, avoid doing it altogether. Listen to your body, and it shall never fail you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor.