Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Khurseed AnwerYour feedback matters!
My mother is 45 yrs old and suffering form back and leg pain. What she should do. From past one month she is doing yoga.
I am getting burning sensation in my foot and I don't have sugar. I have thyroid but under control. Would you please suggest me the solution.
I am 28 years old and I.M suffering from muscular pain from last 15 days and also shoulder pain. I consulted doctor also and there is no change, I have taken medicine and also ointment but no change. Pain has taken place when I slept in night. The pain is very heavy when I lift any weight its paining at shoulder. So please advise.
Mera weight Kam Nahi hota Hai aur jab running karta hu tu niche bone me joro Ka dard hota hai please help
I am having backpain. Its not getting cured. I tried many medicines. But its not getting cured. Help me please.
I have slip disc and taking homeopathic medicines. But still have pain at the back of the right ankle.
I have lot of pain in my lower back. I drink minimum 2ltrs of water. I even have weak knees. I need your help to suggest me what might be the problem with me.
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.