Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KholerYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old and am from past 1 month I am not able to sleep at all and there is a severe headache. Please help me.
I experience itching in my hands and legs whenever there is a season change. This leads to black marks on the skin. Please help me.
I have been experiencing severe pain in my leg after I wake up and put my feet down. It subsides after 1 hour but this not a cramp. I don't know what this is or how to cure it. Please help.
Is it compulsory to masturbate once a month? I have heard from some people that, if we don't masturbate then sperm will be automatically discharged through our penis. Is it right sir?
Hi I am 31 years old man recently married I am not able to sustain while intercourse could you please help me on this , and also play and win capsule are safe to have.
Would you explain in detail erectile dysfunction Erection problem Premature ejaculation Pls help me out.
I'm having horseshoe kidney problem can I use biotin pills or homeopathy which one is the best for my hair fall and skin problems.
Hello Dr. I always discomfort for my Head ache. Sometime early morning and evening pain started. please tell whats reason and what to do to quick relief this pain.
I am a 18 year old boy my question is related with my penis size which is right now 10 cm please help me to grow it is it ok to satisfy my partner it's quite shy for me please help.
Pneumonia is a lung infection that affects one or both lungs. It can be triggered by bacteria, virus or fungi and causes inflammation in the lung’s air sacs that make it difficult to breathe. Pneumonia can range from a mild infection to being a life threatening condition. This severity depends on the age and general health of the patient along with the cause of the inflammation and type of infection.
Pneumonia can be classified in many ways. There are three main types of pneumonia based on the type of microbe that causes the infection; bacterial, viral and mycoplasmic pneumonia.
- Bacterial Pneumonia: Streptococcus pneumonia is the most common cause of bacterial pneumonia. It can affect people at any age and can develop on its own or be triggered by flu. A weak immune system increases the risk of suffering from this condition. Breathlessness and pain while breathing are some of the symptoms associated with this type of pneumonia.
- Viral Pneumonia: When it comes to young children and the elderly, pneumonia is often caused by respiratory viruses. This type of pneumonia is short lived but the virus that triggers the infection can be fatal. Viral pneumonia can be extremely harmful to pregnant women and individuals with heart or lung issues.
- Mycoplasma pneumonia: This is also known as atypical or walking pneumonia. It affects people of all age groups but is commonly seen in cases where the patient is below 40 years of age. Mycoplasma pneumonia cases are usually mild with a persistent cough being the most prominent symptom.
Pneumonia is not always caused by microbes. Aspiration pneumonia can be contacted by inhaling a foreign object such as food, drinks or regurgitated food into the lungs. This type of pneumonia affects the elderly and people under sedation or anesthesia. Along with breathing difficulties, it also causes a decreased gag reflex and difficulty swallowing food.
Though it is not possible to completely prevent pneumonia, the risks of contacting this disease can be easily lowered. Some of the steps you could take to lower your chance of suffering from this disease are:
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from viral infections like flu, colds, etc.
- Wash your hands often to prevent the spreading of viruses and bacteria
- Stop smoking and avoid exposure to second hand smoke
- Get vaccinated against the bacteria that cause pneumonia
- Get vaccinated against flu to prevent seasonal colds
- Exercise regularly and follow a healthy diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.