Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita KatochYour feedback matters!
I and my partner started having sex from 15-8-2014 nd after that we had sex many a times. But now we want to stop or reduce having sex. Wat should we do? Is there any side effect of stopping sex immediately?
A cystic area seen in right adnexa measures 36*32*18 mm and volume 11. 6 ml .Small simple right para ovarian cyst. Is it anything to worry about? The lab doctor said its nothn but a physiological cyst and will vanish by itself.
My periods had been very irregular. I had unprotected sex, which was sex for the first time on 15th December. There was no ejaculation though. Still I had Ipill with in 3 hours. The last time I was on period was 22nd November as my periods are very irregular my period tracker suggested that 18th December was my evaluation date. Should I fear of getting pregnant?
Hi doctor m 32 years old. I got married in March 2016. M trying for baby from last 2 months but not able to conceive don't understand why. I n my husband both have B positive blood group, does it creates any problems in conceiving. N on my menstrual day I have very light bleeding but before marriage it comes normally n remain for 3-5 days. M in great stress not able to understand what is happening with me. Kindly help us doctor.
Hi. I had intercourse on 22nd july n consumed unwanted 72 on 24th (before 48 hours). I had it multiple times yesterday .initiated with protection but shortly shifted to condom. Can I take another pill just ti be sure. My Lmp is 17. N last period gap of 32 days.
Your uterus is held in place by ligaments, tissues and pelvic muscles. The prolapse occurs when the ligaments or muscles weaken, and thus they can no longer support the uterus. The uterus slips or sags from its usual position into the birth canal (vagina).
Uterine prolapse could be complete or incomplete:
- If the uterus partly sags into the vagina, the prolapse is incomplete.
- If the uterus falls, and tissues are found to be resting in the vagina's exterior, the prolapse is termed 'complete'
Type of Prolapse:
- Cystocele: It is characterized by the herniation (bulging) of the vaginal wall caused by the bladder; it leads to urination problems
- Enterocele: It is characterized by the bulging on the vaginal wall caused by the bowel; it leads to backache
- Rectocele: If the rectum pushes into the vaginal wall, it makes movement in bowels difficult
Uterine prolapse can be caused by any of the following factors:
- Normal childbirth through the vagina weakens muscles
- Pelvic muscles weaken with age
- Tissues weaken after menopause and oestrogen loss
- Chronic cough, constipation, pelvic tumours or abdominal fluid accumulation puts a lot of pressure on the abdomen leading to prolapse
- Pelvic muscles are stressed if you are obese or overweight
- Major pelvic (or areas around it) surgery leads to loss of muscular support
- Excessive weight lifting causes weakening of muscles
Symptoms of uterine prolapse depend on its severity. There are no symptoms or signs if you have mild uterine prolapse. But if you have moderate to severe uterine prolapse, you might experience the following symptoms:
- Sensation of pulling or heaviness in the pelvis
- Tissue bulges out of your vagina
- Urinary problems like urine retention or urine leakage
- Bowel movement difficulties
- Pain in lower back
- Sexual problems such as vaginal tissues feeling loose
Symptoms might feel less distressing during the morning, but they worsen at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.