Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita KatochYour feedback matters!
I'm 39 years old. In my married life of 8 years. I failed to get conceive. My left tube is block. I'my in need of baby. Pls.
Hello Today is my 11th day and I did ovulation test today with ovulation kit. I got 2 lines one is light and the other is dark. "c" line is dark nd "t" line is light. I wanna ask whether m ovulating or not? And what is best time to do ovulation test early morning or in day time?
Hai sir / madam my wife is 6 weeks pregnant can we participate in sex normally. Upto which month we participate in sex? Please advise me.
Due to second degree burn I have to take tt injection and doctor insisted to take it on arm please insists me other option I am afraid to take it on arm.
I have severe stomach ache during periods and I did everything, like I went to doctor took prescribed medicine but still what should I do now.
I am married in 2004 still I don't have a baby. She get pregnant in the begging marriage but unfortunate that was ectopic and that was removed. After that same insident happen after three year and again same tubal pregnancy. After that she was pregnant normally but miss crage after three month. Will you please suggest what should I do? and how to approach for normal pregnancy. Every year eat multiple medicine that was not good for health.
I am a mother of one baby girl she is 2 month my issue is I am not giving her a proper feeding bcoz I can't increase my breast milk please give me medicine naam for increasing a breast milk.
This month she did not got her periods, her date is 12 but 8 days went. She thinks that she is pregnant because last month of april 19 she had sex. So she should not get pregnant and she should get her periods soon so please suggest any medicine and when to put that medicine and how many medicine she should take? Any harmful if she takes that medicine? Or any side effect if she takes that medicine?
I am 22 years old . My last period was on 10-jul and I had a sex with my partner on 28-july on 29-july I took a ipill too. But today is 13-aug and I had a pregnancy test but the result was negative am I pregnant or what.
My wife is having 2.9x2.1x1.8cm mass lesion in left breast of birads category 5. Advised biopsy by the report. What should be the best treatment available in india. I am very much worried. An early detailed reply will be appreciated.
Hello sir/madam Me and my wife had a unprotected sex more than a month ago. According to her period date is 21 of every month. Now it has been more than a month (her period was on 21/08/17 and today is 01/09/2017) she is not having period. She had checked with prega news kit test (24/08/2017) it show negative (one red strip) then after 7 days (31/08/2017) she checked again but the same result. Can she be pregnant and why so much delay in her period?
Hello am around 20 my periods was due on 30/5/16 but am late by 2 days I had intercourse (withdrawal method) 10 days back 19/5/16 am facing constipation with gas faint lower abdomen pain and bloated abdomen my cervical mucous is creamy and lotion types with a different odour am too stressed should I wait longer or am I pregnant? My breast hurts a bit too.
One of the silent diseases in the female population, endometriosis can be symptomless for years and sometimes even decades, but can sometimes manifest itself quickly. The uterus is lined on the inner side by a tissue known as endometrium. When this tissue is found in other parts (fallopian tubes, abdomen, near the ovaries, etc., it is known as endometriosis.
Causes: The exact cause for endometriosis is not clear. There is a possibility that during the regular period, there could be spilling of the tissue back into the fallopian tube, from where it reaches the ovaries or other organs and gets implanted.
There are certain predisposing factors for a woman to develop this condition, including genetic correlation and non-menopausal women. The female hormone estrogen is essential for the development of endometriosis. There are also immunological reasons attributed to the development. It can range from minimal to mild to moderate to severe.
Symptoms: From being completely benign to causing severe pain, endometriosis can present itself in varying ways. The implanted tissue can be minimal like a small lump to large clumps. The symptoms are not dependent on the size of the implanted tissue, however,
- Painful menstruation: One of the most common causes of non-menstrual cramps, the pain is different from usual menstrual pain, starts a few days before the period and can last up to after the period.
- Pelvic pain: One of the most common causes of pelvic pain, this can happen wherever the implanted tissue is. In severe cases, this tissue can also bind different organs, forming what are called adhesions. The bladder or the bowels may adhere to the uterus. These are more painful than individual lumps of tissue outside the uterus.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: There could be spotting to severe bleeding between the regular cycles.
- Painful sex: There is a deep pain within the pelvis and it can lead to losing interest in sex.
- Infertility: The most severe symptom and complication is not being able to become pregnant.
Treatment: If there is no symptom and fertility is not an issue, then it is possible that no treatment is required. However, depending on symptoms and complications, the following are done.
- If pain is the only main problem, painkillers are administered
- Surgical treatment may be required if there is severe bleeding and adhesions complicating the situation.
This will also relieve other symptoms:
- Hormone therapy is also an option for treating endometriosis.
- If you are having pelvic pain and irregular bleeding, bring it up with your doctor. Even if it is not endometriosis, a thorough check up will put your mind at rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
If you want to adopt a stray puppy/kitten or dog/cat at home, things must not be ignored.
1. Be extreme cautious about the diseases that can be transmitted from dogs or cats to human beings.
2. Examine the puppy /kitten or dog /cat carefully and neatly, preferably take it to your veterinarian to rule out any existing disease. Few may be infectious, can affect your other healthy pets at home, if any! scope of carrying contagiuos zoonotic diseases like rabies, leptospirosis etc. Should be carefully assessed and inspected.
3. Take suggestions from your vet regarding deworming of your newly adopted pets as few worms also can be transmitted from them to us particularly to children as well as can endanger pets' life too.
4. Know elaboratedly about the precautions that you have to take after you have taken/adopted that stray animal to your house for safe handling without making yourself prone to any kind of infections transmissible from animals to human beings. If a quarantine period is essential and asked to maintain, you need to follow that.
5. Try utmost to avoid any kind of bite, scratch, lick on your injured/broken skin or on fresh cut on your skin unless this quarantine period is completed or over and you have completed its all possible immunizations including anti rabies vaccine.
6. An adopted stray dog or cat may have many complications and weakness regarding its health. Handle it delicately along with all possible personal health care measures as said above to treat it, so that it can survive and grow for a full health.
7. Complete its all possible vaccinations under indian standard in healthy clinical condition from your veterinarian.
Lastly I wish a better and healthy life for your adopted pet. Just follow these basics and go ahead. No adverse consequence will perturb you thereafter.