Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kavita Gupta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita GuptaYour feedback matters!
Homeopathy offers several remedies for many gynaecological disorders. Some of the gynaecological afflictions that homeopathy treats are post-partum depression, fertility issues, pregnancy problems, menopause, complications arising from prolapse, infections of the vagina, pre-menstrual syndrome, tendency to miscarriage and many others.
Why homeopathic treatment?
There are nil or very little side-effects during homeopathic treatment of the various gynaecological disorders. Unlike allopathic drugs which cannot be ingested freely, the homeopathic remedies can be taken without any fears regarding their side-effects. Further, these medicines are non -toxic.
Homeopathy is constitutional and not symptomatic in its treatment. Both the mother and child are positively impacted by this form of treatment which is holistic.
If you have a child already and he/she is suffering from a defect such as a cleft lip, then both the parents must undergo a homeopathic treatment before the mother conceives another child. This way, the second born will most likely be free from a cleft lip.
Let us see how homeopathy helps you cope with some of these afflictions.
- Pulsatilla- This remedy has been found to have a positive effect on the reproductive systems of both the sexes. Pulsatilla can treat women with extreme menstrual disorders like excessive or sub-optimal bleeding and missed periods. Women who are treated with Pulsatilla are generally emotional and timid and are subject to mood swings. Such patients either have a craving for fats or are averse to them.
- Sepia- Sometimes gynaecological problems manifest in women with the following symptoms. They are irritable, prefer solitude and easily get tired after their domestic duties. However, these women get enthused by exercises. Physiologically, they have a bearing down sensation in their pelvic area, their menses are irregular and the volume of discharge may be meagre or excessive. Such patients are treated with Sepia.
- Agnus castus- This remedy is meant for women who feel depressed and are anxious about their health. They have poor memory and heavily indulge in sex, alcohol and drugs etc. Sexually, they experience a loss of libido over a period of time and gynecologically, these women have scanty menses.
- Caulophyllum- Are you thirsty, chilly, nervous and experiencing mood swings at all the times? Do you experience recurring pains in your body? Do those pains dart from one part of your body to another? Have you had problems like amenorrhea, infertility, arrested labour and miscarriage in the first trimester? If the answer is yes, then you must consider having Caulophyllum as medication.
- Cimicifuga- During pregnancy, if the mother is nervous, excitable and generally worried that something will happen to her foetus, then Cimicifuga comes to the rescue. A Cimicifuga mother suffers from rheumatic pain and tends to get neuragias.
My mom gets blebs (blood clots) in her tongue it forms Al of a sudden and next day it breaks. I want to know if it's any underlying bleeding disorder.
My 21 year daughter has been diagnosed for cod, besides this she is facing problem of pcod since last 3 years. She is on glyciphage 1mg tablet (od), since last three years. Please advise.
It is common belief that people are highly interested in sex. However, this is not true. There are a lot of reasons which can reduce this sexual drive, known as libido. The reasons and therefore the causes are slightly different in men and in women. Read on to know some of the most common causes of reduced arousal in men and women and how to deal with it.
Causes of reduced arousal in men:
- Physiologically, sex is greatly influenced by the sex hormones and with age, as there is a gradual decline in the amount of these hormones in circulation, the sex drive also takes a dip. This need not be the case though.
- Stressed relationships is extremely common and though hormones have a big role to play, the mind is equally if not more important. If the couples are not happy, there is going to be no sex. As plain as that!
- Excessive smoking can reduce a person’s sexual arousal and even affect performance.
- Prescription medicines, lack of exercise, anxiety and depression are other causes that also reduce sexual desire.
- Testosterone replacement therapy in males is often used to boost sexual drive.
- Lifestyle changes including regular exercise, quitting or controlled smoking, stress management, healthy relationships can go a long way in improving sexual performance.
- If there are medications that are affecting the sexual drive, talk to your doctor and switch to an alternative.
- Counselling where the partner is also involved also is very important.
Women: The causes for low sexual drive in females is very different from men.
- Cultural differences: The cultural background and upbringing contribute in a big way to how responsive a person is. When it comes to sex, we as a country are still not very frank and open, and so there could be a perceived lack of desire. This is of course in the initial stages of a relationship and given some time, things would change.
- Relationship issues: Stressed relationships are definitely a big no-no for a physical relationship. Happy relationships definitely invite a lot more intimacy between the couple.
- Hormones: Testosterone which is present in both males and females affects sexual drive in women also. This hormone also gradually reduces over age, and causes some loss of libido.
- Medical problems: Depression, anxiety, endometriosis, fibroids, thyroid issues also affect a woman’s drive.
In managing this issue in women, psychology takes over a bigger role. Talking to the woman first and if required the partner helps in solving the issues in most women. Medical conditions, if present, should be corrected to address this issue. Hormone replacement and medication substitution also may be helpful if required.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Unwanted kit use kiye huye 28 day ho gye pregnency test krne pr ek line dark or ek line lite aayi kya kre aap hi btaye.
The relationship is a tricky aspect of one's life and if things go wrong it can devastate us and if a relationship is right, it can bless us with a wonderful life partner.
As easy as it is to shrug it off and blame it on the other person, there are certain things everyone needs to accomplish in their own life before they can be a good partner.
1. Get involved for the right reasons
One of the simplest questions to ask yourself is why you want a relationship in the first place? Is it because you really like this person, or are you trying to distract yourself from other problems?
Sometimes people, especially in young age, people enter into a relationship for all the wrong reasons, like starting a new relationship only because all of your friends are dating someone and being with someone just makes you feel secure with a partner rather than for the feelings you have for that particular person.
So the first thing you should do is to progress consciously and understand if the reasons are right to go in for a relationship. Then visualize if you want to grow old with the person or if you are looking for a life partner.
2. Avoid sex as a medium to gain intimacy
A lot of time people tend to begin a relationship with sex believing that it will eventually lead to a more emotionally intimate or a committed relationship. Research shows relationships that start with sex before emotional intimacy, typically fails to become committed unions.
3. Leave the Past in the Past
Everyone has had things happened to them that they would rather forget, but not everyone can shrug it off. Memories only become baggage if you dwell on them and refuse to move on. Learn to let go of the people who are no longer in your life and forget the ones who let you down. Move on and set your sight on the horizon.
4. Learn to Accept Other People
One of the toughest things you learn in life is that other people don’t exist to fulfil all your expectations. Accept other people for who they are and learn to embrace their flaws. A good relationship is one where both people can feel comfortable and at home. Judging people is a great way to get them headed towards the door.