Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kaushal
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. KaushalYour feedback matters!
What are the impact on health of individual by using Cipralex 5 mg per day for anxiety disorder on long term who is non smoking non alcoholic & non tobacco?
I'm 18 year old and always feel INSECURE in public. I have a fear inside, and due to it different types of negative things come to my mind. Like what if someone beat me, what if someone forcibly take my seat when I'm traveling in train/bus, what if someone break into my house and I won't be able to do anything. Also I am too skinny so that's also a reason for this. Plus low confidence. I was not like this before, since a year or two, I'm like this. Please help me to recover from this condition. It's too hard to live this way.
Hello doctor Myself hari I started smoking before 6 months Rite now I wanted to quit smoking I smoke 10 cigarette per day I just wanted to know can I quit smoking suddenly?
Hi I am newly married I married on 11th may but I do not have sex with my wife because I am feeling very shy to be naked in front of her I want to do it tonight please advice what to do how should I ask for sex to her.
Doctor Mujhe 2 years pehle tv par khabar dekhte toungue or legs trim krne lge the. Uske baad se stomach me bahut jyagda gas banti thi upset rehta tha pet kbhi dhadkn bad jati thi jaise jaan gayi. Sare test thik hai. Abhi medicine le rha hu pexat 12.5 morning or night aur alprazolam leta hu raat ko. Sara din sota rehta hu. Kahi nhi jata ke kahi kuch ho na jaye. 10 months ho gaye rest karte. Ab jab uthta hu tu ankhon ke aage dhundla. Ho.jata hai kyu. Aur ears mein awaaze aati hai sha sha ki. Muscle weak ho. Jate hai. Chakkar bhi lgte hai kbhi kbhi. My age 32 hai. Maine 13 years se bahut jyada over masturbation. Kiya hai. Ab mann nhi krta jab krrta hai to mahine mein ek baar kar leta hu. Aur jab krta hu tab lgta hai jaise. Jaan nikal gyi. Ab aap btao mein kya karu Please.
I am 32 years working women .joint family blessed with 3 years son. Born after 3 miscarriages. .but not happy with life. MIL is very cruel .relationship with husband is diluting now.what can i do?
I have just come out of a toxic relationship where I had been mentally tortured by my motherinlaw That is the reason I had to leave my husband because he never supported me. I am suffering from emotional stress pains. It is one month of this. I am unable to sleep properly. And also I have bad headaches at the back side of my left head. I still want my husband but he does not realize my value. How can I sort it.
I am a chain smoker. But now I want to quit smoking. I tried many times but I can't. Can you please help me.
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) is a disorder found in young children. Some common traits of a kid suffering from ODD include disobedient behavior, vindictiveness, manipulation, anger issues and irritability. These kids are known to have a negative mindset and are very difficult to get along with.
Here is a list of ways to deal with a kid suffering from ODD
- Communicate you expectations clearly: Kids suffering from this disorder feels an irresistible urge to control the environment they are residing in. It helps when you lay down simple, but mandatory house rules such as not raising the voice, being kind to others, refraining from hurting family and friends etc. This will not only keep their behavior in check, but will help them to make better choices.
- Be calm: Make sure you don’t give your kids any room to argue. Remind them that house rules apply for everyone. A back-and-forth argument will give your kids to impose his will on you. Explain in short the parental requirement that is expected. While giving instructions make sure you maintain a calm and collective dialect. Scolding or arguing your kid will do more harm than good.
- Use empathy: Instead of imposing parental will, it is best to be empathetic towards your defiant kid. For instance despite your repeated warnings, if your kid continues to watch TV or hook to the play station, remind them why it is important to go to bed early. Explain to them that you understand his feeling of having to leave the day for the night, but also tell them how his favorite activities can be continued the next day.
- Reward scheme: Kids with ODD reacts wonderfully to a reward system. For instance, if he successfully sticks to the rules laid in the house or behaves the way he is expected, he should be rewarded for the job well done. This reward scheme should be declared well in advance. As a parent, your job is to continuously remind him about the reward if he manages to do a job well. This incentive scheme will force your kid to be obedient.
- Don’t use false threats: Be very precise with your kid about the instruction you want them to follow. If you want him to brush his teeth before going to sleep, make it very clear to him what would be the consequences if the instruction is not followed. Do not use empty threats. As a parent, if you fail to keep your end of the bargain, your kid will not value your word anymore.
- Create a routine: A routine works well with kids suffering from ODD disorder. Every task should be time bound with more than one choice. For instance, between 5 PM to 7 PM allow them to do either of the two things like playing outdoor games or spending time with the play station.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!