Chronic cold is caused by a variety of virus. They attack the mucous membrane to start with and go on replicating with every passing hour. Typical symptoms are sore throat, cough, sneezing and fatigue. There are enough home remedies that can successfully address the symptoms of chronic cold and get the stalwart immune system works faster.read more
Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Ayurvedas online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kaushal Kumar Yadav
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cancer
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Treatment of Liver Cancer
Treatment of Pcod Problems
Treatment of Impotence
Treatment of Pancreatic Fistula
Treatment of Chronic Illness
Treatment of Pyoderma Gangrenosum
Treatment of Fistula in Ano
Submit a review for Dr. Kaushal Kumar YadavYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
There has always been a fear of cancer in my mind after seeing a lot of my friends and family suffer a lot due to cancer and i also lost some to it. This made me search for some measures that can be used to prevent cancer because i fear a lot that me or my family suffer from cancer. But apart from some fruits and vegetables I saw notjing useful. then i saw that ayurvedic medicines prevent cancer to a large extent and then i found about dr kaushal kumar who gave a lot of ayurvedic measures and medicines that i am sure will help me in the long run.
Diabetes is one disease that has effected the health of my father a lot. I was worried a lot about his health and the diet he was supposed to take to prevent any danger to his life because his conditions was critical. I tried a lot of prescribed antibiotics and other treatments but they seemed to effect the condition in a light manner. It is then that i found about dr kaushal kumar who gave some amazingly useful ayurvedic medicines that helped my father to control his condition and this made me realise that ayurvedic is a very effective solution.
I started developing problems while having sex with my husband. Then i went to a doctor and he told me that these were because of the fact that i was leading a very unhealthy and hectic life. I tried a lot of antibiotic medicines and other exercises to boost my stamina but they were not effective. then i decided to go for ayurvedic treatment and i found dr kaushal. when i consulted him i knew that he was a good doctor as he knew in an instance the problem and its reason. pluys his professionalism made me share the information easily.
Dr kaushal kumar is surely the doctor one should compltely trust if they want to consult for sexual problems be it for males or females. these kind of doctors are rare to find becasue these days doctors issue a lot of of medicines that add up the cost of treatment and dont really dont do anything but on the other hand dr kaushal kumar is the one who just issued a selected amount of medicines that cured me.
I had developed lung cancer at the age of 40 and I had a family yo support so that made me reallly worried about them. After the surgery and the removal of the cancer symptoms I approached dr kaushal who specialised in ayurveda. His treatment really help calm the symptoms for cancer to ressurect and made me healthy again.
I am always going to dr kaushal for my diabetic problems because his treatments change a lot in my conditions. His ayurvedic treatments are the one that you should trust blindly because they treat the patient and dont have any side effects to trouble the health of the patient.
He treats his patients like all of thm are his priority which you will not find everywhere you go. Just trust him and he will be the best doctor and cure the problem in the best way available.
i am sure that you cannot find a better doctor than dr kaushal. he treats his patients with utmost care and makes sure that all his patients are not unhappy with the service provided to them.
all thanks to doctor kaushal kumar becuase it is because of him that my prostate cancer development has ended. his knowledge and experience can be seen by everyone.
thanks dr kaushal, I am sure that you will feel good and cured every time you go to him. his way of interacting with his patients is the best.
Chronic cold is caused by a variety of virus. They attack the mucous membrane to start with and go on replicating with every passing hour. Typical symptoms are sore throat, cough, sneezing and fatigue. There are enough home remedies that can successfully address the symptoms of chronic cold and get the stalwart immune system works faster.
Everyone has heard the advice 'drink eight-ounce glasses of water a day', which is popularly known as 8 by 8 rule. Another popular advice is 'drink 4 glasses of water empty stomach', aka Usha Paana Chikitsa, a term used widely in Ayurveda.
People advocate intake of water on an empty stomach, describing how it cleanses the body and cures a wide range of diseases starting from allergies to cancer. Messages regarding its benefits are forwarded in WhatsApp groups and on Facebook as if it’s the elixir of life as described in the world-renowned book 'The Alchemist'.
Usha Paana in Ayurveda
Originally described in Rasayan Adhyaay of Ashtang Hruday, it has been stated that a person who drinks Sheetodak i.e cold water early morning will continue to remain young. Many people start following this process
blindly without understanding the fine details involved.
- First of all, this has been described as a rasayan and hence, it should be only followed by a person who has underwent detoxification through Panchkarma. Even if detoxification is not possible for everyone in today's era atleast the concerned person should be devoid of any illness.
- Secondly, according to Ayurveda, a person should get up at Brahma Muhurat i.e around 5.30 am. So even if without detoxification a person has to practice Usha Paan as a routine then he should consume it at around 5.30 am in the morning after passing stool because that’s the first thing that has been advised after getting up.
Half the people who practice Usha Paan Chikitsa, drink water to help them get relieved of constipation, which is actually bad for their health. It is as if they try to push the stool out from their body by drinking excess water.
'Sam Sthula Krusha Bhukta Madhya Antah Prathama Ambu Pah'
A simple sutra mentioned in DravDravyadi Vidyaaneya Adhyay describing effects of water intake while having food, after intake of food and before intake of food.
- It is clearly stated that a person who drinks water while consuming food continues to remain in same state of health i.e swastha (Healthy).
- If a person wants to gain weight, then he should drink water just after consuming his meal. (Max 160ml)
- If a person wants to lose weight, then he should drink water just before consuming his meal.
Here drinking water just before meals will make the person get a feeling of fullness and hence, automatically his food intake will decrease. Of course, he has to stop eating as soon as his hunger is satiated. He should not eat food just because he eats that much quantity everyday.
To know the quantity of appetite a person should have just consider to divide your hunger/appetite in four parts. Consume food, which will fill two parts. Have one part water and keep the remaining one part of your appetite empty.
Another advice we get from many people, especially from Naturopathy is to not have any water during meals Have a jug (450 ml and above) full of water after 40 Mins of consumption of food.
Firstly this advice has nothing to do with Ayurved. Naturopathy and Ayurved are not even closely related.
Ayurveda practitoners follow the sutra given below :
- Ajirne Bheshajam Waari Jirne Waari BalPradam
- Bhojane Cha Amrutam Waari Bhojanaante VishPradam
- If a person suffers from indigestion then he should consume Ushnodak Jal (warm water) as medicine.
- Water consumed after the food is digested (Minimum 6 hrs after meal) will increase Bala (Body Strength).
- Water consumed during consumption of meals will act as Amrut (Elixir of Life).
- Water consumed in large quantity after meals will act as a Visha (Extinguishes the Agni of Body).
- Here large quantity is important because bahu ambu paan (Very HighWater Intake) is responsible for initiation of many diseases according to Ayurved.
- Water to be drank after meals to increase weight is not in large quantity but around a glass only 160ml max. So no question of conflict arises between the two sutras.
How much water intake should be considered necessary?
A very tricky question as it has got no straight answer. Every person's need varies according to their body needs as well as their line of work. This can be easily explained by an example, A businessman, a farmer, an army man all work for eight hours. Businessman is sitting in an A.C office. The farmer is toiling in the sun. The Army man is guarding our border in the Desert. Will each of them require the same quantity of water? The answer is definitely NO. The same way, even if you are living together in the same family, every member's water intake need will be different. To come up with a general statement which can be useful for everyone, it can be said that instead of having 8 ounces glass of water a day, kindly - 'Remember to have 8 ounces of fluid (liquid in any form) a Day''
Maximum researchers/doctors agree with the above statement. Fluid means any liquid. It may be soup, juice, dal, etc. Next time you come across advice regarding water intake, I hope information shared here will help you take the correct step.
Winters can often be gloomy, which is why the Spring Equinox comes as good news for those counting the days until warmer weather. It is the time when equator passes through the center of the sun and the days become longer. The spring equinox does not only mark as the beginning of the spring, but has great influence over our health.
- On an average, we need 8-10 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. This helps ensure proper blood circulation that takes nutrients to all the calls of the body, aids digestion, maintains proper functioning of the heart and brain and helps remove toxins from the body. Drinking water also helps improve metabolism and can, therefore, help you manage your weight. However, sometimes, you need to drink more water. The spring equinox is one such time of the year when the body needs more water.
- The equinox refers to the passing of the earth’s equator plane through the centre of the sun. There are two equinoxes in a year; once in march and once in September. On an equinox, the length of the day and night is almost equal. The equinox in March is known as the Spring Equinox or Vernal Equinox and occurs typically around the March 20. This marks the end of winter and the beginning of spring in the Northern Hemisphere.
- For a few days before and after the equinox along with the day of the equinox, the sun is directly overhead and very strong. Thus, it is essential to drink a lot of water and stay indoors as far as possible. If you must go out during the day, carry an umbrella or wear a car. The strength of the sun’s rays can dehydrate the body very fast causing nausea, heat strokes and blackouts. In addition, the heat can also make you sweat excessively thereby increasing the amount of water expelled from your body. An easy way to check your body’s hydrated levels is to check your urine. A pale yellow, straw-like colour indicates good hydration while a darker yellow means that your body is dehydrated.
- While drinking water is important, drinking water the right way is equally important. Drinking a bottle of water at once may give you the impression that you have drunk enough water, but in reality, the body cannot absorb so much water at one time. Instead, you should space out your water intake and drink throughout the day. Juices, soft drinks, tea, coffee etc cannot be used as a substitute for water. The caffeine in tea and coffee can actually dehydrate your body further and hence should be avoided at this time. If plain water does not sound appealing to you, you could infuse it with herbs like basil or fruits and vegetables like strawberries, oranges, lemons and cucumbers to add flavour.
Washing your face often and showering twice a day can also help hydrate your skin and cool you down. Alternatively, you could fill a spray bottle with water and spritz yourself from time to time.
The acids help the body dissolve the food particles and also break it down to more basic elements. However, when the body produces too much acid, it causes acid reflux which can cause discomfort. Too much acid within the body, which is also known as hyperacidity, can be caused by a multitude of factors.
Known and effective Ayurvedic cures:
Ayurveda considers acidity to be a 'Pitta' problem and it can be corrected by following certain simple steps. There are other food ingredients which are also used as remedial tools. Let's have a look at some of the dos and don'ts of Ayurvedic remedies for acidity.
Don'ts for acidity according to Ayurveda
1. Limit junk food and other foods, which are very heavy in fats and processed items: Most processed foods and junk food usually made in stores contain unhealthy fats. The stomach needs to produce more acid in order to digest them and thus may end up causing acidity.
2. Stop excessive consumption of tea, coffee: Stop consumption of caffeinated beverages such as tea, coffee and other caffeine injected drinks which may encourage the production of more stomach acids.
3. Stop the consumption of alcohol and cooperates: Apart from being generally bad for health as both of these are known contributors of cancers, they can even affect smaller day to day functions and can lead to acidity.
4. Don't consume foods which are high in acidic content: If you tend to like food which is very high in acidic content, it is advisable to limit its consumption. Some examples of this are:
5. Sour citrus fruits
6. Salty fried foods
Dos for acidity according to Ayurveda
There are multiple solutions for acidity in Ayurveda which have been known cures for generations. Let's take a look at some of these.
1. Do have meals on time: It is best to not skip meals as this can cause the acidity levels within the stomach to rise if it doesn't have any food to digest. It is especially harmful to skip breakfast and then have a heavy lunch to compensate.
2. Do have amla or Indian gooseberry: This is a very effective weapon against acidity and chewing a few morsels will easily cure the problems in your stomach.
Pomegranate Juice: Very small quantities of Pomegranate juice on a daily basis will be very beneficial for a bad case of acid reflux.
3. Coconut water: Drink coconut water as it is known to have properties to neutralize the stomach acids.
4. Aniseed: Also known as saunf, you can chew them raw and slowly swallow with water for quick relief from acidity.
5. Jeera: Jeera consumed with warm ghee and then mixed with rice tends to be very good for acidity as well.
Are you looking for effective and natural ways to prevent heart blockage and blood pressure management? You should consider taking Ayurvedic measures, which have been proven to be quite effective in dealing with various issues of the heart. Usually, heart blockages are difficult to deal with and a surgery has to be carried out for recovery. With Ayurvedic remedies, you can solve such issues without the concern of harmful side effects on your body.
Ayurvedic management of heart blockage
For effective prevention and management of heart blockages, you need to create a certain Ayurvedic medicine using basic ingredients.
- Mix lemon, ginger, apple vinegar and garlic together and boil on a light flame.
- After the quantity gets reduced, leave the mixture to cool.
- After this, add some honey in the solution, and store it in a bottle for use. You have to take this medicine every morning after waking up.
- Note all the ingredients are chosen for their unique and beneficial features.
- Lemon contains more than 19 qualities, and garlic and ginger are good for dealing with gastric issues. Apple cider vinegar is given great importance in Ayurveda, and honey is good for your blood. Hence, this medicine is ideal for treating heart blockages effectively.
Ayurvedic management of blood pressure
High blood pressure or Rakta Gata Vata refers to an elevation in the pressure of blood in your arteries. The increase in pressure is based upon your age, activities, diet, and medical history.
The Ayurvedic remedies for the prevention and control of blood pressure include the following:
- Avoid consuming eggs, meat, tea, coffee, pickles and table salt.
- Abstain from smoking.
- Increase your intake of food items such as lemon, garlic, parsley, grapefruit, cottage cheese, Indian gooseberry, and watermelon.
- Engage in regular exercise as it is important for lowering and preventing your chances of high blood pressure.
- Laugh a lot and keep away from anxiety and stress factors.
- Make a juice of garlic cloves, wheat grass and basil leaves. Have this regularly for reduced chances of high blood pressure.
- Mix onion juice with honey and have the mixture every day.
- Make a paste using garlic and buttermilk, and drink it regularly.
- Grind roasted watermelon seeds, add water to the powder, strain the liquid, and have it twice every day.
It is important for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting to take Ayurvedic measures for heart blockage or high blood pressure on your own. This will ensure that you are prescribed the best measures by a qualified and experienced doctor.
Onions are a part of the Allium group of vegetables and herbs, which additionally include chives, garlic, scallions and leeks. Allium vegetables have been known for a long time for their specialty of sharp flavours as well as for their curing and healing properties. Onions are a thick and layered vegetable and while they are low in calories, they are highly advantageous when it comes to a steady supply of vitamins, nutrients, minerals and cancer prevention agents. Here is how consuming onions can be very beneficial for your health:
- Organosulfer compounds: Allium vegetables have broadly been known as cancer prevention agents, particularly stomach and colorectal tumours. They have beneficial and healing impacts are likely due to a limited amount of organosulfur compounds present in them as compared to other vegetables.
- Folate: Folate, found in onions, may help with depression by keeping an overabundance of homocysteine from shaping in the body, which can keep blood and different nutrients from reaching the brain. Abundance of homocysteine hinders the growth of serotonin, which is the happiness hormone.
- Vitamin C: Adequate intake of vitamin C is required for the building and support of collagen, which gives a sheen and volume to the skin and hair, respectively. Onions have abundance of vitamin C.
- Other Vitamins: Onion contains common sugar, vitamins A, B6, C, E and minerals, for example, sodium, potassium, press and dietary fibre. More importantly, onions contain folic acid, which is very important for a woman’s health especially for pregnant women.
- Prebiotics: Prebiotics are not generally recommended in heavy doses, however, they sustain the good bacteria in your body. These valuable bacteria then help with the processing and digestion of your food. They help the immune system to a great extent. One such prebiotic is inulin, a water-dissolvable type of dietary fibre that is found in onions. It helps in preventing ulcers.
- Sulfur: Sulfur helps in bringing down cholesterol and triglycerides. The allium and allyl disulphide in onions have likewise been said to get rid of vein stiffness by discharging nitric oxide. This may reduce the racing heartbeat, get rid of blood clots and decline the danger of heart diseases, vascular diseases and strokes.
- Quercetin: Quercetin in onions is additionally helpful. It offers both cancer prevention agents and mitigating properties that may help the heart.
- Cardio-vascular diseases: Onions are shockingly high in gainful polyphenols. These play a critical part in averting and decreasing the movement of diabetes, cancer and neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases.
- Regular antihistamin: Quercetin helps in cell reinforcement. It has calming properties that may help fight the painful symptoms of chronic diseases like coronary illness and cancer. Quercetin has been successful in preventing histamine discharge (histamines are the chemicals that cause allergic reactions).
Therefore, onions should be consumed regularly in either a raw form or in your daily vegetables. They not only are easy to consume and digest, but also give you life-long health benefits.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you are suffering from nervous diseases, you can choose the Dashamoola Ksheera Dhara therapy as an ideal treatment method. Ksheera Dhara treatment involves the flow of herbal milk in place of oil over your head and body. It is similar to Shirodhara in some ways, but is different as Ksheera Dhara has cooling effects on the body. This therapy is most suitable to be undertaken during the summer and when the weather conditions demand a cooling, relaxing effect on the body. This therapy is indicated when you are suffering from health conditions such as intense stress, and hair and skin problems.
In this process, milk is poured continuously on the forehead and on the body, which cools down the entire system from inside. Ksheera Dhara treatment is very effective in the treatment of headaches, mental irritability and insomnia. The pouring of medicated milk on your body leads to the stimulation of the hypothalamus. It also gets soothed and hence, the functions of the pituitary gland are regulated along with induced sleep. The milk is made to flow at a slow rate over the forehead for a certain duration, specially over the glabellar region along with a mild, stimulating massage. A small cloth is usually tied around your head, above the eyebrows. For the Ksheera Dhara treatment, a traditional bronze vessel known as the “kindi” is used. As the treatment is based on milk, it is referred to as milk treatment.
The Ksheera Dhara therapy relaxes the entire nervous system. This leads to mental calmness and reduction of stress to a great extent. The milk acts as a moisturizing agent and makes your skin healthy and glowing. It is also beneficial for eliminating fatigue, restoring vitality, improving your memory and for establishing dosha equilibrium.
In addition to all these, this therapy also helps in lubrication of the joints, relieving pain, stiffness of muscles and joints, and easing of spasms. It is proven to have benefits in the treatment of several cases of arthritis. Ksheera Dhara is also beneficial in several neurological conditions, in which a burning sensation and numbness are experienced. The entire body gets nourished and rejuvenated as a result of this Ayurvedic therapy.
If you are a healthy person, you can still undertake Ksheera Dhara therapy. Usually the treatment takes about 30 to 45 minutes per session. It is carried out in a course such as 7 days, 14 days or according to the instructions of your Ayurvedic physician. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!