Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Katoji
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KatojiYour feedback matters!
Childhood memories are always special, we often get nostalgic reminiscing about them. When we were kids there was a range of outdoor activities, games and creative things to do, something to look forward and run around. However, the definition of modern childhood has undergone a sea change.
If you have a child in your home, you will be acutely aware of the gadget addiction phenomenon. Be it a mobile, iPad, television or gaming console, children today are almost inseparable from their gadgets. From a 2-year-old baby to 12-year-old teenagers, all can be found glued to their favorite gadgets, due to which physical activity and outdoor games have ceased to exist in their lives.
Further, this addiction to modern day gadgets is triggering a negative impact on their health. A number of studies indicate that the incidence of obesity, depression, and even diabetes (juvenile diabetes) amongst children and teenagers is on a mercurial rise, because of such a lifestyle.
But who is to be blamed for this?
It is common knowledge today, that parents across that globe try to deliver the best of everything to their kids, but sometimes we forget that more than things and luxury, our kids need our time.
Here are some effective measures to curb the gadget menace
Communicate: As a modern working parent, life is extremely hectic. However, make sure you spend some quality time with your child daily. Talk to your child about different things and understand what is going in their daily life.
Understand your child: Communication paves the way for better understanding, but as a parent, you have to make an effort to understand your child, as each child is unique and so are their needs.
Educate yourself: Make sure you are fully aware of what is going on with your child and how he or she is doing throughout the day in different areas, be it school or other activities. Talk to the other parents, and know what your children's peer group are doing.
Engage them: Take them to parks, indulge in fun outdoor and physical activities. When your child refuses to eat or do a particular work, never bribe them with a mobile phone or a laptop. Instead, promise them a weekend picnic or a day out.
Reduce internet time: Make sure children below 8 years have either no access or reduced access to the Internet. In fact, children below 10 years should not be allowed to use mobile phones, but that is practically not possible in today’s time, so parents should make an effort to control that and make sure that their children are not spending unnecessary time on internet as not only it is wasting their precious time, but also affects their mental health too.
Lastly, do not let your child forget that there is more to life than video games and TV. Love them but don’t give in to your child’s unrealistic demands.
Hi, my daughter is 4. 5yrs and she is suffering from adenoids and due to that she snores and vomits thick sputum. She does not takes much fluids. Can you please suggest some medicine or treatment?
My girl is 1 years 9 months old. Still she can't stand herself. Can't talk. Though she response whenever we ask something or call her only by "hoon" Sometimes sings songs. She was admitted in NICU at the time of birth due to low glucose levels. Her pediatrician suggested an MRI of brain. Where should we go for treatment? Are we getting late and creating difficulties not doing MRI? Within what time MRI should be done?
Bronchitis occurs when the bronchial tubes become swollen due to an ailment or any kind of infection. These tubes are a part of the respiratory system and usually join the lungs. There are two types of bronchitis - acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis. A virus or bacterium usually causes acute bronchitis. It shows up after a person has had a respiratory disease. The most common symptoms of this disease usually show up when a child has flu or cold. A blazing throat, a feeling of being sick and mucus draining from the sinuses usually describe the disease.
Homeopathy is a very effective treatment for bronchitis. In fact, it is the most effective treatment. Homeopathy has been successful in treating some exceptionally extreme cases of bronchitis. It functions admirably in both acute and chronic bronchitis. Here are a few treatments for acute bronchitis for kids that have proven to be beneficial over time:
Hepar Sulph is one of the best homeopathic medicines for bronchitis where a person experiences increased sensitivity to cold. Chilly air and exposure to the cold in any form is impossible to be tolerated by the patient. It energizes cough quickly. Hepar Sulph cures situations where even if a single part of the body is exposed to the cold like a hand or a foot, cough begins immediately.
Bryonia, on the other hand, is helpful in situations where a person feels extremely thirsty, yet may only have a few sips at a time. The mucous layers and the mouth become extremely dry. Even the cough is very dry in such cases. There is a pain in the abdomen and headache while coughing.
Pulsatilla is great in situations where the patient coughs up a lot of greenish or yellowish mucous. Cough is more irritable while resting and the person cannot rest or sleep because of the same. The patient is usually not at all thirsty in this situation.
Arsenic Album is one of the best homeopathic medicines for symptoms that include a feeling of weakness along with other signs of bronchitis. Extreme wheezing and cough increase after nighttime and makes it difficult for the person to sleep. Along with extreme weakness, restlessness may also occur. The patient feels parched and frequently drinks little quantities of water.
- Antim Tart is useful when there is a lot of mucous in the abdomen and chest. Despite the fact that there is a lot of mucous in the abdomen, little is disposed off. Cough in this situation is aggravated while a person eats. However, Antim Tart tends to find relief from the same. Patients usually find it very hard to bring out the mucous in this situation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Betnasol injection given me on 1/8/15 - 12mg & 2/8/15 - 12mg. My Dr. fixed my delivery (Not Normal) date on 14/08/15. My question is" The lungs of my baby will be mature?"
My 3 month old baby farts a lot and his farts smell very bad. The smell has been coming only a few days ago. He also refuses to breast feed and spits up all the milk if he breastfeeds. He has also not been passing stools for the last eight days when before he used to poop every day. His present weight is 5 kg. He had been fed honey 1 tsp on 3 occasions and 1tsp pomegranate juice and 1tsp orange juice. Should I be worried?
I have a 3yrs old baby. Should I use toothpest during washing her teeth? if yes, please suggest me which tooth pest?
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.