Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Karuna ThakurYour feedback matters!
I'm working as a teacher. I'm lacking confidence and feeling inferiority complex sometimes. My hands would shiver even while i talk to someone. But sometimes i feel so confident.As i leading career of teacher the lack of confidence and inferiority complex would be a curse. Please help me
My wife and I have an adopted daughter of 24 years who is slowly limping towards her 5 year law college. Her relationship with us is volatile, particularly with my wife. My daughter won't seek any help for her issues, my wife feels all she needs to do is pray. I acting to stabilize things at home don't know where to look. What help is possible?
This is to psychologist! Hello doctor! I feel depressed, I feel like to end my life. I feel like am loser and I won't get a job. I have a gut feeling always that I have Oly one option to suicide! I always want to be alone. Am an engineering student. With greater difficulty clearing out. I always feel am nothing and no more. I don't understand whom to tell my feelings! I don't understand what to do? I don't like to share these things with my parents. I'm depressed and I just want to end my life. This is what always runs in my mind. I am helpless and I don't understand what to do. I am smoking alot. Just to keep my self calm. But still no sleep during nights. Just feels like hell. I need help some suggestions. I am not understanding at all. What to do?
How can I remember a question for a long time. Bcj I forget questions in 3 days. I am 16 years old male. Nd I need 1 hour 4 a long question to remember. Why?pls I need way.
Hi I don't no how to say my feelings. I want to be happy. I can't able to take my own decisions I always depend upon others for all things. And also I have jealous when I saw the people Who are at my age with higher status and facilities than me so say what to do for this feelings. And also I have interest to study but I can't able to study.
I am suffering from stress is there anyway to lessen stress because of this I can't focus on my work so please tell me how to overcome this?
I am 21 year old man. I am not able to sleep at night. I am little in depression. So what should I do?
I hav tension of studied always ,wats the best medicine for to keep the tension aside? Plg answer me, I need help plg plg, I will be thank full to you.
I lost somebody close last year ans since then feek very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time please help me.
Hello Doctor, My marriage has been 3 years. But I'm not satisfied with my married life and totally mentally disturbed and Depressed. Reason my wife not good understandable and creating lot of problems with me and my family too. Her parents also not take my problem seriously. My wife's father and brother are in Delhi Police. My wife indirectly keeps me warn. I have a 2 years old baby boy. My wife has been taking every way. But It is strongly preferred her swagger. It's just as well have been married for 3 years. I m so depressed that how to pass rest of my life. Now I'm a victim of the diseases. Loss interest in job, feel Lonely, depressed, sometimes think about suicide. I think I can solve this problem to divorce but me and my wife parents not supporting me. My wife is also likely to disturb me. Although not want to divorce. Please Doctor tell me a solution please.
I don't feel good about anything these days. Just locked in the room. I don't know what to do? I feel useless and unworthy. Please help.
1. Accept the reality of what has happened.
2. Accept and experience the full negative emotional impact. For example, it’s likely to damage your self-confidence and undermine your self-esteem. You are also likely to experience loss.
3. Talk about it with people who understand and care. This will help you to process the negative emotions so you can start to heal and move on with your life.
4. Change the way you think about yourself and the negative experience. See it as something you can learn and grow from – and not as something that destroys your life.
5. “When one door closes another opens” so get back in the game and embrace life again. Set yourself new goals, and embrace a dream again. Something even better may be waiting for you!
I am hotel management, 3rd year student, I don't want to continue with the same industry, painting is my passion and I enjoyed that thing but my parents might not be agree about this, so my question is I should asked to my parents about my painting or not?
Mere husband drink and opium lete h inke karan woh depression feel karte aap usko chordne ke liye advice kare.
Where do negative thinking comes from? I am 21 years old and long back from childhood itself I am very much negative thinker and now negative thinking has became my personality trait, my each thought is negative and I know that I have to change this thought using CBT but I can't change my thoughts every time . I have some other works too ,I cannot sit and change my every thought I have negative thoughts for all aspects of my life am a complete failure because of my thinking But I can't break the comfort zone of negative thinking pattern How to get out of this trap.
When it comes to the brain and IQ, is bigger better? Does size really matter? Is there really a connection between the size of your brain and intelligence? With the help of findings by neurologists and scientists, we seek to find out!
- Ailments and the brain: Scientists have found that children with autism have a brain that has grown in a disproportionate manner in the very first year of their life. This prevents the child from making connection in a normal manner. On the other hand, children and adolescents who suffer from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD show sign of having a much smaller brain size. Many scientists have shown that the size of the brain shrinks as we age and this does not have any visible effect on our cognitive abilities.
- It’s all relative: The size of the brain does not really have a bearing on the way a person’s cognition gets shaped. Even large mammals like elephants and whales are finally hunted and tamed by humans who have smaller brains in comparison. The brain is made up of billions of neurons, which need to function properly. It may be seen that scientists consider the brain mass in relation with the rest of the body so as to speculate about the cognitive abilities of the person. Why is this required? Large animals need a well functioning and proportionate brain size to control and run their organs with proper cognition for satisfactory results, which is what we humans seem to have done.
- Neanderthal brain: Historically, the earliest man or the Neanderthals are said to have had larger brains than we do. These people are believed to have brains that are at least 10% larger than the brains that we have in our modern times. The shape of their brain was different too. They were also heavily muscled people which had a bearing on the size and shape of the brain and bodies as well as the lean tissue within the brain. They also survived very successfully for a period of over 200,000 years, which obviously points to some form of elevated cognition, as per many scientists.
- Animals: While animals with small brains like lizards and reptiles do not perform too well on IQ tests, the animals with bigger brains like elephants and dolphins perform much better. But the medium sized brain of monkeys, lemurs and other animals are said to perform in the best manner. The correlation between the body size and the brain does not seem to hold good here, as per various researches.
So the verdict as per medical science and research stands divided! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.