Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karuna Tandon
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Karuna TandonYour feedback matters!
Dr. I am suffering from pcod from last 16 year and my period was not regular so I went to a Dr. she gave me krisom 35 after taking that medicine my periods got regular but for some day then I went to one gynecologist she gave me geocyst medicine and menoreg syrup for 3 months then again the same thing happened that my periods was irregular again again she told me to take loette for 3 months but she told me to take this medicine from your 3day of your periods and with that she gave me mychiro and cycloset syrup for 3 months till with that medicine my periods was regular now she told us that we will go for pregnancy for that she gave me letrozole 2.5 mg for 5 days 10 tablets and she told me that I had to take from 3 day of my periods and with that she told me to take Folizorb in morning and ovifert morning and evening and valest 2 she told me to take morning and evening I want to know that from all these medicine shall I convince and if I convince it will effect my baby in any case means is there any chance that baby born with abnormality or in future I get any side effects or any kind of cancer please help me out.
Do any kind of lump in a breast ultimately become cancer. What measure should be taken to prevent breast cancer? Do breast cancer affect heart function?
What will be afi and actual fungal weight in week and in cm in 30 week pregnancy. My lmp 23.09.2017. Expected due date 30.06.2018.
What happen If someone take the emergency contraceptive pill and vomit after 8-10 hours? Do the person need to take another pill?
Hi sir, My problem is that I sex with my husband it is very hard sex but i am not satisfied why it is and what is problem?
Hi, I am pregnant and its 5th month of my pregnancy. Would like to know whether sex is safe to have during these period. If yes how long can this be continued.
Do you have the habit of breaking into violent outbursts, accompanied by repeated episodes of impulsive, violent, and aggressive behavior? These are indications of intermittent explosive disorder, which makes you react grossly in a situation. Such violent outbursts can cause great distress to you, by negatively affecting your daily activities and personal relationships.
It is important to treat violent outbursts to avoid getting into big troubles, which are quite likely.
- Psychotherapy: Individual counseling or group therapy can be beneficial for treating violent outbursts. Cognitive behavioral therapy is commonly used for treating people suffering from intermittent explosive disorder. You are taught how to identify behaviors and situations, which might trigger you to respond aggressively. You are also taught about anger management, using techniques like relaxation training.
- Medicines: Several different types of medications are used for treating violent outbursts. They include antidepressants and anticonvulsant mood stabilizers.
How can you control your anger?
- Unlearn problem behavior: Coping well with anger can be learned. You need to practice all the methods you learn during the therapy. This helps you to recognize what triggers you and how to keep away from being triggered.
- Develop a plan: You should develop an action plan for the times when you feel that you are getting very angry. If you sense that you are losing control, you must try to get away from the situation. Find ways to distract yourself.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs: Alcohol and other recreational drugs increase your aggressiveness and trigger your violent nature. Hence, keep away from them.
- Take preventive steps: In order to keep away from violent outbursts while you are under treatment, you should take several preventive steps. They are as follows:
- Stick to your treatment plan: You must attend your therapy sessions, practice coping skills, and take your prescribed medicines regularly. Maintenance medications may be prescribed for avoiding recurrence of violent outbursts.
- Practice relaxations techniques: You must practice yoga, deep breathing, and take the help of relaxing imagery to keep yourself calm.
- Cognitive restructuring: You need to change the ways you think about a certain situation by thinking rationally. You should be logical and must learn to have reasonable expectations. These help you in positively reacting to a situation.
For dealing with violent outbursts, it is important for you to change your environment. Try to leave certain situations to which you reacted violently in the past. You need time on your own, and should take a peaceful break in order to normalize your impulsive nature. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!