Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karuna Tandon
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Karuna TandonYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 27 years old, I started my first clomifene citrate medication this cycle. My follicles were growing kind of slow. On cycle day 12th my leading flow was only 9×7 mm. My doctor gave me hcg 5000 iu shot on day 16 without checking the size of the folli. Saying it will might be enough. Is there any chance of success of this cycle?
Hi Doc I am 27 year old and married since 4 months. I have menstrual pain since the beginning of my periods mostly for the first 2 days. I have abdominal pain and back pain only for the first 2 days. Every month I take mephthal spasm tab for this as its difficult for me to bear the pain. My periods are regular and flow is normal. Please advice me how to deal with this and why this happens. I would also like to know if this would affect pregnancy PS: I take thyroxine 75 mcg for the past 7 years and am planning to conceive.
Dear sir/madam My wife has irregular menses that mean on 19 december 16 menses start and finished on 21st dec. I had sexual contact with her on 29th, 30th,31st, 1st jan, 2nd jan 17 to planning for conceive but unfortunately today i.e 7th January 17 found bleeding like menses. Pl tell me the reason? Which doctor I ve to consult?
Vaginal discharge is also known as Leucorrhea. The flow of leucorrhea can be smooth or lumpy and sticky. This is a normal phenomenon that affects all women but may increase or decrease with age and when travelling. Vaginal discharge is the body’s way of removing dead cell and toxic material from the vaginal tract. It requires medical attention only when it changes colour and becomes darker or when the flow increases to a point where it cannot be stopped even when using a sanitary napkin.
There are a number of reasons why this flow may become excessive. These include:
- Infections: The vagina is very susceptible to fungal, bacterial and parasitic infections. These infections can be promoted by poor hygiene, the use of synthetic underwear and unprotected sexual intercourse. An increase in vaginal discharge is usually one of the first signs of a vaginal infection.
- Injury: Giving birth to a child, having an abortion or excessive sexual intercourse may irritate the lining of the vagina and cause an injury. This in turn can trigger leucorrhea.
- Diseases: Diseases such as diabetes or anaemia may weaken the immune system and trigger vaginal infections causing an excessive discharge. A UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) or worms in the stomach may also spread infection to the vagina.
- Contraceptives: Contraceptive sprays and jellies used during intercourse can irritate the vagina and cause excessive discharging. In some cases, irritation of an intra-uterine contraceptive device can also cause discharge and pain.
- Bad hygiene: Not changing your underwear often enough, forgetting to change tampons or sharing public toilets can also increase vaginal discharge.
Leucorrhea can be prevented by keeping the genital area clean and dry, wearing cotton underwear, avoiding the use of cosmetics on the genital area and having safe intercourse. Drinking plenty of water will also help flush toxins from the body and control the flow of vaginal discharge.
If left untreated, this condition can spread to the uterus, fallopian tubes and cervix and can trigger pelvic inflammatory disease. In the case of post-menopausal women excessive vaginal discharge can also be considered a symptom of cervical cancer and hence must be analysed as soon as possible. However, this condition can be easily treated at home. Avoid eating sugar, hot and spicy food and alcohol to treat discharge. Eating curd can also help treat vaginal discharge as it contains lactic acid that cools the body. Also, avoid stress and strain as this can increase the discharge. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My tsh level is 4.73. Using thyroxine 25mg. Trying 2 conceive. All of a sudden faced heavy periods for 20 days last month after 2 months delay first time in my life. Will be delay in period this month due to heavy periods last month. Is thyroxine affecting my menses b'coz never menstural problems before.
I had sex with my boyfriend with protection on 14/15th February, but still I missed my periods from last two months. I did my pregnancy test and it was negative. My last period was on 27th January. And I haven't period after that. What would b the problem for not being bleed yet.
Meri shadi ko 1 saal ho gya h but abhi conceive ni ho rha. Shadi k next month mujhe periods nhi aye the or test positive tha but 15 din bad miscarriage ho gya tha. Ab kaise jaldi conceive kiya jaye. Periods k kon se din sex krna chahiye. Husband k Sperm kaise increase kiye jaye.
What are symptoms of pregnancy how pregnancy can be know very earlier within two to three days please have a brief explanation doctor.
Hi, my fiancee didn't get her chums yet it's going to be almost 3 months now and we have taken a preg test which was negative, please advise as I'm scared that she may be pregnant.
Gone are the days when the sole purpose of having a salad was to lose the stubborn and unwanted body fats. Salads can be extremely healthy and nutritious. With salads around, the long and gruesome hours in the kitchen are a thing of the past. A bowl full of lip smacking salad, well structured with fruits, vegetables and quality oils, will do your health a world of good. Preparing salads is no rocket science. Get all the ingredients together, and switch to the way of health and nourishment.
- A feeling of fullness like never before: Experiencing an irresistible craving for food? Salad is at your service. A bowl of salad will give you a feeling of fullness, keeping the hunger pangs and cravings at bay. With salads, you don't even need to be repetitive. A little modification, and your taste buds are in for a treat.
- Say no to dehydration: Most of the vegetables that go into your salad have high water content. Scorching summers or sweltering heat can leave a person dehydrated. Salads come as a great relief. It works amazingly to hydrate your body, thereby re-energizing you fully.
- Lettuce to fight insomnia: If a good sleep is all that you desire, salad is what you need. 'Lectucarium', a substance found in lettuce, work miraculously to treat insomnia. All the more reasons to include lettuce leaves in your salad.
- The goodness of vitamins and minerals are retained: A lot of important vitamins, minerals and some enzymes (mostly digestive, that gets denatured) are lost to cooking. Taking in raw vegetables ensure that the important vitamins and minerals are not lost. Some raw vegetables contain important enzymes (live) that can greatly aid the digestion process.
- A salad rich in broccoli, avocados, bell peppers, berries: Are a rich source of antioxidants. Such salads work wonders and are an excellent boost for the immune system.
- Do not let wrinkles and saggy skin bother you: Some of the fruits and vegetables present in the salad help in collagen synthesis, thus giving your skin a natural glow. It is needless to say that spinach, lettuce and romaine, that form an integral part of your salads, are excellent for the eyesight.
- Walnut oil, sunflower oil (organic), olive oil and pumpkin seed oil: Are rich in omega fatty acids. Using these oils in salad dressings can be extremely beneficial.
- Some of the fibrous fruits and vegetables can effectively clean the intestine and colon.
The benefits of salads are immense.