Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Karan MaryaYour feedback matters!
Hi im suffering from severe throat pain and my mouth n tongue is burning, I can see small small white bubbles inside my mouth and when I saw my throat it has many round blister kind. The pain and irritation is horrible pls help me.
Hello doctor I have teeth problem as usual a little bleeding in the morning while brushing the teeth and a little awkward small as well as.
Hi Good afternoon Dr. I have a problem of teeth front two teeth somewhat up so that I cant have sleep and I am going to get married so my husband need change from me and he has only one defect in me, but my father was ready to pay amt for treatment and he says that if you become fat teeth will be covered. So please suggest me.
Hello doctor my self pratibha jain I have cavity problem and black teeth last six months please tell me I only 20 year old girl.
Whenever I eat meat, it stuck in between teeth and cause pain. Looking for permanent solution instead of doing floss, gargles, medicines or toothpicks.
I got a pain on my teeth I saw a dentist he told me that I got a hole and I have to repair it cost upto 5000 but I don't want to do that so please consult me a best medicine I request I just got a pain.
Hi doctor. My problem is that the sensitivity of the when I eat cold food & cold drink etc. The other question is that which tooth paste I use? which is useful to eat cold food & cold drink.
I am 30 years old. And got cavities in my teeth what should I do now if your answer is filling. Which filling is batter.
Respected doctor. Is it true that teeth cleaning and polishing weakens them and creates gaps between tooth. Thanks.
I have an ache on my left jaw its being paning more and more I cant bear it even I cant open my mouth to eat. What I have to do? Is there any solution?
Sir mere muh chamdi tight ho gaya hain to usse muh kam khulta hain aur mirchi khane me bhi problem hoti hain so pls help me.
My teeth are all not of same size. Two in front are big. Two from side are small. Some are more towards front while some at their back. When I smile, it looks weird. What can be done to make my teeth of same size and at same level?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.