Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karan Gupta
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Karan GuptaYour feedback matters!
Several times in year, I face problem of severe pain in my knee joints. I do not know as how does it happen. Sometimes it swells also with redness on the skin & it puts me then out of the track. Despite all possible care & medication, be it Xray, Physiotherapy, etc. Etc. Nothing has worked out. I regulated my life style, reduced weight, continued yoga/pranayam etc. But failed to achieve fitness. Pl.help me in finding the root cause of the ailment & advise treatment to corrections. Shall remain obliged for yr. Expertise.
I am mohammad Jakir Hossain from Bangladesh. Age 39 years. I am suffering in low back pain & solder pain from 1998, l m also suffering in Spain pain from last 12 yeas. I was attack in my back low Spain in a football match & sleep down form 3 feet height. Both time I was pain in back low pain. Another I am suffering in knee & ankle pain last 6 years. I was in a road motorcycle accident in 2010 & broken my right leg in middle of knee & ankle. After the surgery my broken is completely joint successfully but my knee & Ankle joint is log due to full leg bandage. Now is move but suffering in pain. My knee can not able my body weight. I can not bear any wait, not walk more time, can not running, not standup more then 10 minutes. My knee not move properly for standing more then 10 minutes & fill pain. I meet with orthopedic, Neurologist, & physical medicine doctor. But not relief pain. Please advice me how I relief from pain or suggest me which doctor advice me better.
Recently I met with minor accident and my right hand fractured at wrist and now the bone helled but muscle pain is there and am unable to bend my hand. Can you help to relif the pain.
Restless leg syndrome is a condition where the nervous supply to the lower legs (and sometimes hands) is affected. The person has a constant urge to move the legs due to the tingly sensation or the pins and needles sensation and so this condition is called as restless legs syndrome (RLS). It is almost never a standalone condition and is often associated with other nervous system conditions.
It is a progressive condition and aggravates with time. The patient may experience episodes of this disease. Most people might experience this problem at night due to which a lot of patients complain of disturbed sleep and restlessness while sleeping.
While there is no permanent solution to this condition, there are various home remedies and techniques which can help control the condition. Read on to know more.
- Trigger agents: Some people are able to identify triggers like caffeine or chocolate which induce the condition. The first step would then be to avoid using these, especially before sleeping.
- Exercise: Any form of exercise, which gives a good workout for the leg muscles is recommended. This could range from a 30-minute brisk walk to stretches depending on the person’s overall health status. This is known to induce a good sleep, reduce muscle tension and relax the mood. Choose yoga, gym, cycling, or any form which suits your overall health and schedule.
- Massages:Hot or cold massages, often used alternately, can help in relaxing the muscles. This also helps in reducing tension and improving overall sleep. The ideal time for the massage is the evening so that RLS does not affect during nighttime.
- Diet: A diet rich in vitamins and minerals can prove to be helpful. This is because proper muscle and nerve function requires various minerals like zinc, potassium, calcium, sodium, etc. Diet rich in these helps in improving muscle and nerve function and thereby control RLS.
- Sleep pattern: Sound sleep practices like having an early dinner, a quiet room free of digital media, optimal temperature, and relaxing ambience helps in a better sleep. This has shown to reduce the incidence of RLS and evidence of sound sleep.
- Medications: RLS can also cause mild to moderate pain in the affected legs, and so pain killers can be used once in a while if the pain is not bearable. These should be used only rarely and continued use can lead to stomach ulcers and bleeding. The above mentioned nonmedical methods should be tried before trying medications. Anticonvulsants have been used to control RLS if pain killers alone are not adequate. In more severe cases, antiparkinson drugs are used with great success. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.