Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kapila SodhiYour feedback matters!
Sexuality has fascinated people in all walks of life from antiquity to the present. Healthy sexual functioning plays a fundamental role in maintaining harmony and happiness in married life. It is the most essential to fill the procreational, recreational and relational aspects of life.
It provides a means to express love, which is the basis for all kinds of creative activities. The absence of which hinders the marital relationship that leaves the frustration, at some point ends in divorce and causes inefficiency in performing routine duties.
Infertility is defined as failure to achieve a pregnancy after a year of unprotected regular intercourse with the same partner. Infertility also affects men and women. Living a healthy lifestyle is important for fertility. Lifestyle factors can affect a man’s fertility, and many of these factors are things that a man can control. Leading a healthy lifestyle improves not only the possibilities of conceiving but also improves overall health.
Ayurveda, the science of life, prevention and longevity, is the oldest and most complete holistic medical system available in the world. Its basic principles can be found in the Hindu scriptures called the Vedas, the ancient Indian books of wisdom written more than 5,000 years ago.
Ayurveda uses the principles inherent in nature to help preserve the health of a person by keeping the body, mind and spirit of the person in perfect balance with nature.
Ayurveda has developed a special branch to deal with the problems of infertility known as Vajikarana, which means: make us potent as a vaji “horse”. The name derives from the fact that horses have always been a symbol of virility in ancient cultures.
Ayurveda states that reproductive health depends on the health of shukra and atharv dhatu, or reproductive tissue, in both men and women respectively. In women tissue atharv produces the ovum as part of the monthly cycle, and men produce semen.
The quality of the breeding juices is directly related to the quality of the other tissues. The physical body consists of seven tissues (dhatu): plasma, blood, muscles, fat, bones, nerves and finally the reproductive tissue. The food we eat is metabolized in the digestive system and transformed – through agni, or fire – into nutrients for our body. These nutrients are what will make up the first tissue, plasma.
From there, the other tissues are being form one by one using as part of the subsequent tissue as the base material. The height of this process is reached when part of the reproductive tissue is transformed into an eighth tissue, subtle in nature, known as ojas (an essence that gives us immunity, brilliance, strength, splendor and vitality)
Infertility can often be associated with deficiency in the correct production of body tissues, poor quality of agni, as well as the presence of toxins due to inadequate diet and lifestyle.
There are two types of foods and herbs that help improve shukra dhatu, and thus help improve fertility. Some are called bringhana, and these foods strengthen the seven dhatus. The second type is called vrishya and these foods and herbs are for the shukra dhatu in particular. Bringhana foods are fresh organic fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk proteins, soaked almonds and walnuts, natural sweets, juicy fruits like mangos and dried fruits like figs. Vrishya foods are asparagus, broccoli, happy cow’s milk and spices like cumin seeds and coriander, shatavari, kapikachu and kalamusli.
Types of vajikarana
Ayurveda considers all substances that enhance the sexual activity as vajikarana dravyas and may include herbs, ornaments, gold, silver, pearls, precious stones etc. Vajikarana dravyas include the following:
Semen enhancing like milk, ghee, gokshura, shatavari, yashtimadhu etc. Semen purifying like kushtha, sugar cane, bayberry etc. Promoting fertilization capacity in semen like brahmi, shatavari, katuka, guduchi etc. Libido increasing like akarakarabha, saffron, clove, garlic, pippali etc. Premature ejaculation preventing like nutmeg, ashwagandha, chandan, jatamansi etc.
Benefits of vajikarana therapy:
Increases the time span of erections. Cure erectile dysfunction. Prevents premature ejaculation. Stimulates man for sexual acts to satisfy females without getting tire. Transforms lean and impotent men into powerful and vigorous. Facilitates in procreation of healthy off springs. Increases sexual energy and strength like a horse. Increases will power, intellect and memory in addition to promoting a healthy body.
I was suffering from endometriosis and underwent laproscopy last year. Now doctor prescribed me three months course of progynova (estradiol valerate) from day 1-14 ubhipene (clomphine) 3-7 and duphaston from 15-28. Is it safe to take these medicines or endometriosis will have any effect. What are the chances of conceiving. Last month I took this but was of no use.
Always make it a practice to encourage your children to inform you if they face any pain or discomfort in the neck or back before it becomes a serious problem.
I am 15 weeks pregnant, from 7th week onwards have high nausea. I took Doxinate OD for 1 month but there was no relief. Over last 10 days I have started taking Emset 4 OD, but there is no relief still. I have the vomiting sensation throughout the day and vomit about 2-3 times daily. Is there any other medicine that I can try to control this and for how long I will have this nausea continue.
My cousin have low blood n low hemoglobin Her age is 30 years By having low blood in body, She doesnt occur periods on regular time interval, Every time late periods problem because of low blood in body . Please suggest what to do for increasing blood level ? And about late periods ?
My wife is of 40 years age. Height is about 5 ft 4 inches. Weight is about 62 kgs. Taking medication for thyroid from past 4 years. We are married for 12 years now and she has never been interested in sex. Every time I try get rejected as she says she hates it. We have 2 kids and she allowed only for kids. Her food habits mainly home food only. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Does not like tea or coffee. She takes 1 glass of milk in the morning. Please help.
Mein Yiest infection se preshaan hoon. Vargina se bahot smell aati hai, Aur Geela-pan bhi rehta hai. Kya kru mein?
My boyfriend touches my breast with the hands and he kiss me can I get pregnancy? 2 month was gone still my periods not come?
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal Abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine Abnormalities or Incompetent Cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic Disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated Thyroid Problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruation and ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial Infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.