Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Kapil SahuYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I am observing depression and anxiety symptoms. Kindly help with medicine which is easily available.
I am 25 years old. I had completed my post graduation. And I am preparing for government job while I am studying am not get more concentration and some headache is getting what should I do please suggest to me.
I talk only little to people. I do not why I am not interested to speak like others. I feel that I do not want to talk to anyone. But I want to change my habit please help or give suggestions.
Because of some financial problems I am getting tensed. I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Lot of unwanted things are running in my head. I am getting stressed. So what is the solution for this?
I am 47 female having depression suddenly I want to cry a lot suddenly I get upset, suddenly so much anger that I don't care what will happen next moment.
My wife feels that some body is beating or touching her bodies even if we two are in the house, and also speaks alone in a filthy languages.
I'm 22years old. Recently started smoking. Approximately smoked around 35cigarettes. After smoking I can't walk for 50sec and even shivering. My hands and legs shaking after smoking. I feel like exhausted. I'm completely out of mind after smoking. What is the reason.
Im having memory problem if I read it will not retain in my mind for long time after 1day it will perish out of my mind and I should read it back? Which problem this is?
Sometime I feel very happy and some time. Very lonely like no one is bother about me Sometime I feel to die as well, subside, got very angry when I am lonely. please help me this problem is from 3 years.
Hi I'm very dejected, feeling strength less. Not interested. Not following routine. All this since two years.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.