Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kapil GuptaYour feedback matters!
My baby girl is 8 months old and she is weighing 7.3 kg. Please let me know if her weight is correct.
A new virus detected in brazilian country called zika virus which is related to newly born babies infact with mother. So please suggest me various precautions?
Hello Doctors Team, My son born on 10-APR-2016 with 1.96kg with 34 Weeks 6 days and currently he is having 2.75 Kg with 39 Weeks 1 day My question here is that we are following PRE-NAN milk powder from his birth with the addition of Mother Milk feeding, and I would like to know that can we continue the same milk powder or we need to change with some other milk powder with the addition of mother's milk. Kindly suggest, Thanks.
My daughter is 2 and half months now. She is. Passing stools from last two weeks in a watery way. And it happens as soon as I feed her. Coming along with a fart. She is only on breast feeding. She s not sleeping in the day time after this. Am not eating anything from outside. Only diet from home. Kindly guide.
Children generally tend to be fairly over active and have lesser attention spans. However, when this tends to get into their performance at school and in general with getting along with other children it may be a sign of ADD or attention deficit disorder. Let's look at some of the common symptoms of this disorder.
Symptoms of ADD:
- Problems in staying focused: One of the very basic symptom is that children will often be very inattentive even during classes and will be easily distracted by small things.
- Problems in trying to remember things or difficulty in following instructions: Children with attention deficit disorder tend to have issues with remembering things and if given tasks, being unable to complete as they can't remember instructions properly.
- Issues with organizing, planning and trying to finish tasks: Due to the lack of attention, kids have problems retaining information and cannot plan or finish tasks given to them on a daily basis.
- Easily bored or loses interest: Even if a child with ADD starts with something they like, interest may wane off quickly. Thus it is difficult to make them stick to a specific work schedule which may require regular practice.
- Lack of attention to details and making careless mistakes: This is another trait of children with attention deficit disorder. They may be able to complete a task, but it will be fraught with mistakes as they wouldn't have much attention to detail.
- Has a tendency to not listen when someone is speaking to them: This is also very common and is usually tied to being easily distracted and thus will drift off or not listen to when someone is speaking to them.
Some Myths about ADD:
- All kids with ADD are hyperactive
- They will eventually grow out of it
- Medication is the only option to treat ADD
- ADD is not really a disorder and kids need to be trained better
Most of these are half truths and the extent of the problems varies from child to child. Only proper counseling will be able to diagnose the extent of the problem and what needs to be done.
How to spot ADD in Children:
ADD can be spotted in children aged below 7 years via certain symptoms. Apart from the ones mentioned above, children generally tend be abrasive towards others and can make embarrassing comments quite often. They also change tasks very quickly without completing any of them. Any distraction would force them to change their track. It is best to go to a child specialist to get your child checked out for possible symptoms.
A 3 days old baby. S chin is shivering. Is it any problem? She does not get enough breast milk. Is it symptom of jaundice?
I delivered my son before 3 weeks of my due date. His birth weight s 2.7 but now 2.25.I breast feed my baby. How to increase his weight. Is this weight s normal please suggest?
My child aged 6 years is having retina eye problem. Everything is ok, but he can't read from certain distance. All tests have been done. But, even erg test also failed to diagnose exact problem. But it has been diagnosed as retina problem. Probably small retina. It has been suggested another test scanning after 6 months. Is there any remedy for retina problems.
Good morning. My daughter is 6 years old and in first standard, she has problem of frequently urine (20 to 25) per day. What should we do?
Loss or impairment of hearing can happen due to a variety of causes and may be temporary or permanent in nature, depending on the type and severity of the condition. One of the most common causes of hearing impairment is age. The degeneration of one's vital organs and senses becomes a reality for many people as the advancement of age happens, and the delicate insides of the ears are no different. Noise pollution, injury to the ear drum or any other part of the ear, as well as the movement of particles inside are only a few of the many reasons for loss of hearing. One of the many ways of dealing with long term hearing impairment is by using a hearing aid.
Read on to know how you can regain your hearing with hearing aids:
- Long Forgotten Sound: A hearing aid will help you reacquaint yourself with long forgotten and subtle sounds that you may not have been able to hear for a long time. Many times, this kind of impairment also makes us forget to notice the fact that we do not hear so many normal sounds in our everyday lives - sounds that we probably did not notice even earlier. This may include the whirring of a fan, the whoosh of the air, the pitter patter of pets' feet and so much more. A hearing aid will help in bringing about an adjustment to these sounds that you will actually end up discovering again.
- Technicalities: The hearing aid basically works by letting your hearing and ears readjust to the various volumes, intensity and vibrations that one feels when different sounds reach the ears. This helps in hearing better.
- Amplification: A hearing aid is basically an electroacoustic device that fits in neatly behind your ear where it is tucked away from plain sight. This device helps in amplifying sounds so that you can catch them and hear them more clearly.
- Modulation: The ENT specialist will usually prescribe a certain kind of hearing aid based on your individual condition in terms of volume, size, power and circulation. These factors help in modulating the sounds in a certain way so that they reach the nerve pathways from the inner ear and travel to the brain in a proper and effective way. This is usually done in a customised way to cater to the specific type and cause of your hearing loss.
Using a hearing aid is a matter of retraining your hearing rather than restoring it completely. These aids will be helpful in regaining a better sense of hearing within the condition you are going through, rather than reversing the condition completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
HB count of my son is 7.2. What is the best way to get it increased and what are the medicine or syrup I can give to improve the HB count. He is active and when someone sees him they won't feel he has any issues. Please help.
Hi doctor. My son. He is 16 month old. He eats everything except milk. He avoids cow's milk completely. So what could be the alternate food for this. I'm worried that he may lag in calcium supplement as well as this may affect his growth. Kindly advice.
My six month daughter does not digest any thing except mother milk. Every time she vomit whenever I give dal.
My 9 month old child has hydronephrosis by birth. Ureterostomy done 5 days ago. His creatinine is 0.9. Potassium 5.8 & urea 67. Weight 6.8. Please suggest diet.
Symptoms and Treatments of Fibroids.
Hello friends! I’m Dr. Usha. M. Kumar. I’m Senior Consultant and Gynae Endoscopic Surgeon at Max Super Speciality Hospital. I want to discuss one very common problem is fibroids. Because when I sit in OPD, I see many patients of fibroids every day and this is a problem which usually happen to 40+ of women but it can happen to the young girls as well and you will be very surprised to know sometimes the fibroids are there in your womb and you don’t even come to know and you are going to the doctor with some other problem and when we advise ultrasound and all of a sudden we see there are the fibroids. It can be totally asymptotic as well but sometimes, in the young girls, if they are having fibroids, they can have the problems.
First of all, I would like to tell you very important thing, if you have fibroids, there is nothing to be scared of. Because fibroids, these are non-fleshy and basically non-cancerous tumour. So, fibroids if you have, it can cause problems in the terms suppose if it is inner line of uterus, this can cause difficulty in conception and if it is in the outer wall and it is very big in size , it can cause some pressure symptoms like you may have only the back ache or might you have to go many times to pass urine so, frequency of urine is more because of pressure of that fibroid and sometimes, if it is in the inner lining of uterus or in the middle layer of uterus, it can cause heavy periods which is a very common problem I’m usually facing and most of the women are facing they come to my OPD so if, the young girls or married young girls say 22-30 , 22-40 if they are having fibroid and they are having problem in the conception, treatment is very simple.
Now, the medical technology has become so much advanced so with the very small equipment , we can take out the fibroids without making any cut in the body, so this we call endoscopic surgery and basically I’m expert of endoscopic surgeries and if this fibroid is big in size and it’s causing heavy periods and it’s more than 3cm, you have taken medicine, nothing is helping you then, the option is , if you want to save your uterus, we can only remove fibroid again with the help of key hole surgery which we also call minimally invasive or laparoscopic surgery. So, it hardly makes , 0.5cm or 1cm of cut, we can take out any size of fibroid.
Only thing we have to use morcellator which can cut down the big size of the fibroid in the small pieces and I mean it’s a very wonderful surgery and people are surprised to know up to 8cm or 10 cm of fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic surgery. I would like to give you very important tip, fibroids, most of the time, they are genetically inherited and if your sister has got fibroid, or your mother has got fibroid then, you have little higher possibilities to have fibroid but, of course, the most important thing for all girls, all women, is taking balanced diet, taking more and more antioxidants in your food and do lots of exercise. This can prevent many of the problems in women and if you really happen to have such problem, you can contact me in Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital.
I’m sitting here every day or you can come to my clinic that’s Progeny in Dayanand Colony Lajpat Nagar 4. You can call me, you can check me and you can send your problems through Lybrate and then, you can send your queries. I can answer your queries or, otherwise, you can fix up an appointment with me in these two places. Thank You!