Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kapil Aggarwal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kapil AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I want to ask about my mother. Her age is 46 yrs. In her reports of kidney function test, everything is quite ok except serum uric acid which is 5.9. And in lipid profile her LDL is 150 Hdl is 39.5 and total cholesterol is 231. please suggest medicine if there is something wrong.
Symptoms and preventions for Menopause
Hi Good morning! I am doctor Aparna Jain, senior consultant obstetrics and gynaecology. Today we are discussing problems related to menopause. Average age of menopause in an average Indian woman is 48 years. 2/3 years beyond that and before that is the period of perimenopause. Lot of women suffer from problems related to menopause first of which is hot flashes, another is urinary problem and sometimes menstrual disorder. Then there can be joint pains as well.
1. Hot Flashes. In hot flashes women usually feel lot of sweating and nervousness. Deficiency of hormones lead to hot flashes, for that we need to supplement the woman with hormones and usually we ask to avoid taking hot drinks and advice to take natural isoflavones to avoid hot flashes.
2. Menstrual Disorder. Menstrual disorder usually happens in the form of either irregular periods or heavy menses and irregular period usually occur in the initial six months to one year time then the period usually stops. If the period continues to be irregular then we need to do investigation to find out whether this woman is having any benign disorder in the uterus or malignant disorder in uterus. For that we need to do an ultrasound of lower abdomen and if required a D&C Hysteroscopy to find out whether there is any growth inside the uterus and we send this tissue for histopathology to rule out malignancy. If the bleeding till persists then the woman may need hysterectomy in that age.
3. Urinary Problem. It is quite common. Usually women do not come out with this problem because they feel shy about disclosing it. The most common problems are either frequency or dysuria which means burning during urination. Another is stress incontinence. Whenever they sneeze or cough they pass small amount of urine. It is all because of hormonal deficiency. Because of which the lining of the urinary bladder as well as the lining of the vagina becomes thin so there is chances of recurrent infection and women suffer from this problem. For this we need to supplement the women with hormones as well as ask them to take natural sources of oestrogens like soya isoflavones.
4. Joint Pain. Usually this is because of the deficiency of Vitamin D and Calcium. For this we need to address and tell them to do lot of exercises and to take Calcium as well as Vitamin D
Usually we subject every woman with health package during menopausal period in which we include a pap smear, and ultrasound routine, blood test like CBC, blood count, as well as lipid profile and kidney function test, sugar, urine routine culture, ultrasound of lower abdomen and if required mammography and if we find any problem one can go for a cardiac check up also. And, usually we tell every post menopausal woman to do some amount of exercise and take calcium and vitamin d and plenty of liquids to avoid any problem related to postmenopausal.
Thank you very much. If you have any problem related to this you can consult me either on Lybrate or you can come down to my clinic.
Over-the -counter drugs are not for all even if the problem is common, as there are certain conditions which hinder the proper functioning of the medicine in a person. Thus, before popping a pill we should always consult a trained practitioner. Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation are some of the health and sex related problems that can lead to the use of Viagra. This drug was released at the end of the 90s, and it seeks to help people who primarily suffer from occasional impotence and other related issues. These problems can be caused due to psychological problems like stress and anxiety, as well as other reasons including heart disease, diabetes and other such chronic ailments. Yet there are many instances where this drug does not work. Let us find out more about the causes for the same.
- Heart Conditions: To begin with, Viagra cannot be ingested by anyone and everyone. If you are a patient of any kind of cardiovascular diseases and have been prescribed drugs that contain nitrate, then Viagra is not for you. This drug can hinder the work of the medicine and cause some serious side effects, which may make your chronic ailment even more problematic and severe.
- Side Effects: Viagra tends to have a lot of side effects for people and does not work efficiently in such cases. One of the most prominent side effects includes prolonged and persistent headache, which can actually last days. Also, the patients may suffer from temporary colour blindness and may not be able to tell colours like yellow and orange apart.
- Narrow Blood Vessels: When a man gets an erection, the blood usually flows at a rapid rate into the penis so that the member increases in terms of size, thickness and length, with subtle changes in the colour as well. This happens through the blood vessels where the blood flows in from. These are known as in and out vessels. If these vessels happen to be too narrow for a patient, then the erection will not be able manifest. This is also one of the primary reasons why Viagra does not work for some people.
- Arteries: One of the other reasons why Viagra may not work is the arteries. If the arteries are too narrow and not strong enough, then they will not be able to support the flow of blood for the erection to happen. This can cause problems in achieving and maintaining an erection, in which case Viagra cannot work properly.
- Drug Intolerance: The primary work of Viagra is to help the blood vessels in relaxing. Yet, it is possible that the patient may develop some amount of intolerance towards the drug that will end up restricting its action.
There are many instances when a drug like Viagra may not work. In such cases, you can turn to long term therapy or ask your doctor about any alternative medication for the condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!