Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kanwal Preet GandhiYour feedback matters!
Ma'am I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27 August and she took I pill (ecp) after 6 hours. After 4 days I.e. On 1st September she started bleeding and she blessed for four days. Now after 21 days of intercourse, we did 4 home urine pregnancy test which were on 18 September, 25 September, 2 October and 9th October. All the test came NEGATIVE. We even did a bhcg test on 18th October, the results were <1.2 miU/mL. Then she started bleeding from 23October to 29th October. This month also, The bleeding started day before yesterday I.e. On 23rd Nov. My question is can we rule out pregnancy now but she is having severe pain and feels like vomiting. Can it be related to this? Please help.
Physical intimacy brings a couple closer in a relationship, encourages emotional bonding and whilst doing all of this, also bring a whole array of health benefits with it for both partners. Regular sex can actually make you physically healthier! Have a look at the benefits it brings, along with unmentionable pleasure. Speak to a sexologist for more information.
1. More Sex, Less Stress: If you're freaking out about tomorrow's job interview, slip between the sheets. People who have intercourse at least once over two weeks were better able to manage stressful situations. That's because endorphins and oxytocin are released during sex and these being the feel good hormones activate pleasure centers in the brain that create feelings of intimacy and relaxation and help stave off anxiety and depression. You don't have to climax to net the effects, but you'll get the biggest surge of soothing hormones if you have an orgasm.
2. Sex Boosts Immunity: Good sexual health may mean better physical health. Having sex once or twice a week has been linked with higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A or IgA, which can protect you from getting colds and other infections.
3. Sex Relieves pain: If you're using headache as an excuse to not make love, stop doing that. Have sex instead, because, when you're about to have an orgasm, the level of the hormone oxytocin increases by five times. These endorphins actually reduces aches and pains.
4. Sexual activity Increases blood circulation: Because your heart rate increases when you have sex, fresh blood is supplied to your organs and cells. While used blood is removed, the body also expels toxins and other materials that cause you to feel tired.
5. Sex is Exercise: Sex is a really great form of exercise. It won't replace the treadmill, but it counts for something. Sex uses about five calories per minute, four more calories than watching TV.
6. Sex Improves Cardiovascular Health: Researchers have also found that having sex twice or more a week reduces the risk of contracting fatal heart attack by half for the men, compared with those who had sex less than once a month.
7. Sex Reduces Prostate Cancer Risk: Frequent ejaculations, especially in 20 something men, may reduce the risk of prostate cancer later in life.
8. You sleep better: The sleep that you get just after you've made love will be much more relaxed. Getting a good night's sleep will make you feel alert and overall healthy.
Hello docters mujhe bahut dar lag raha hai mere periods 3 ko regular aate hai but 6 ko meine check kia to result positive tha but second line bhut halki thi to mujhe docter ke pass kab jana chaiye aur kaun kaun si precaution leine chaiye aur mere navratre bhi chal rahe hai please give me right decision.
अश्वगंधा एक सदाबहार झाड़ी है जो भारत, मध्य पूर्व और अफ्रीका के कुछ हिस्सों में पाई जाती है। इसकी जड़ें और नारंगी-लाल फल का प्रयोग सैकड़ों वर्षों से औषधीय प्रयोजनों के लिए किया गया है। इस जड़ी बूटी को भारतीय जीन्सेंग या विंटर चेरी भी कहा जाता है। अश्वगंधा का अर्थ 'घोड़े की गंध' है, जो इसकी जड़ों की विशिष्ट गंध को दर्शाता है।
अश्वगंधा एक अनुकूलन है और तनाव से लड़ने में मदद करता है। अश्वगंधा को अक्सर पुनर्योजक के रूप में प्रयोग किया जाता है। यह एक शामक, अनुत्तेजक, मूत्रवर्धक और शारीरिक ऊर्जा और धीरज बढ़ाने के लिए भी इस्तेमाल किया जा सकता है। भारत में, मस्तिष्क संबंधी विकारों जैसे कि स्मृति हानि के इलाज के लिए अक्सर बुजुर्ग मरीजों को अश्वगंधा का विवरण दिया जाता है।
अश्वगंधा के फायदे
आधुनिक अध्ययनों से पता चला है कि अश्वगंधा कई उपयोगों के लिए फायदेमंद हो सकता है, जैसे:
1. थायराइड के लिए:
अश्वगंधा जैसे अनुकूली औषधि के बारे में सबसे अविश्वसनीय पहलुओं में से एक यह है कि यह लोगों को हाइपो और हाइपर थाइरोइड दोनों मुद्दों के साथ मदद कर सकता है। यह हाशिमोटोस से पीड़ित लोगों के लिए थाइरोइड की मंदगति का समर्थन करता है, और अतिरक्त थायरॉयड या ग्रेव्स रोग वाले लोगों के स्वास्थ्य में भी सुधार करता है। इसके अलावा यह बहुत से मुक्त कणों की सफाई का प्रचार करके लिपिड पेरोक्सीडेशन को कम कर देता है जिससे सेलुलर क्षति होती है।
2. अधिवृक्क कायाकल्प के लिए:
अश्वगंधा अधिवृक्क कार्य को समर्थन देने में भी प्रभावी है जिससे आपको अधिवृक्क थकान और पुरानी तनाव पर काबू पाने में मदद मिलती है। यदि आपका एड्रनल समाप्त हो जाता है तो वह आपके अन्य हार्मोन को भी बाधित कर सकता है, जिसमें प्रोजेस्टेरोन शामिल है, जो बांझपन पैदा कर सकता है और डी.एच.ई.ए कम हो सकता है - जिससे उम्र बढ़ने की प्रक्रिया तेज हो जाती है।
मेडिकल अध्ययन से पता चला है कि अश्वगंधा कोर्टिसोल के स्तर में सुधार, इंसुलिन की संवेदनशीलता में सुधार और स्वाभाविक रूप से हार्मोन को संतुलित करता है।
3. मस्तिष्क के लिए:
हाल ही में किए गए अनुसंधान ने सिद्ध किया है कि अश्वगंधा केवल तनाव से राहत में मदद नहीं करता है, बल्कि यह मस्तिष्क को अवसाद से बचाता है और अल्जाइमर, अवसाद और चिंता के लक्षणों में सुधार करता है। मस्तिष्क के उपचार में अश्वगंधा के प्रभावशाली होने के मुख्य कारणों में से एक यह है कि इसके शक्तिशाली एंटीऑक्सिडेंट उम्र बढ़ने की प्रक्रिया में वृद्धि लाने वेल मुक्त कणों को नष्ट कर देते हैं।
4. मनोदशा सुधारता है:
चिंता और अवसाद दोनों के उपचार में अश्वगंधा प्रभावी है। अश्वगंधा का प्रमुख लाभ यह है कि बिना-अवसाद और विरोधी-चिंता वाली दवाओं की तुलना में इसे लेकर कोई प्रतिकूल प्रतिक्रिया नहीं होती है, जो भयानक साइड इफेक्ट भी कर सकते हैं।
5. कैंसर के लिए:
कुछ अध्ययनों में यह पाया गया कि अश्वगंधा में शक्तिशाली विरोधी ट्यूमर प्रभाव है। यह भी पाया गया है की इसका रस कैंसर कोशिकाओं के प्रसार को रोकता है - विशेष रूप से स्तन, फेफड़े, पेट, और पेट के कैंसर कोशिकाएँ। ऐसा माना जाता है कि मुख्य रूप से इसकी प्रतिरक्षा बूस्टिंग और एंटीऑक्सीडेंट क्षमता कैंसर कोशिकाओं के विकास को रोकने में मदद करती करती। मौजूदा कैंसर के इलाज में कीमोथेरेपी के अतिरिक्त अश्वगंधा एक बहुत उपयोगी हो सकता है। इसका रस कीमोथेरेपी के दौरान प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली पे दबाव पड़ने से रोकता है।
अश्वगंधा, कीमोथेरेपी से जुड़ी सबसे बड़ी चिंताओं में से एक- शरीर में सफेद रक्त कोशिकाओं की संख्या में कमी, का सामना करने में सक्षम है।
6. सहनशक्ति और धीरज बढ़ाए:
मस्तिष्क पर इसके सकारात्मक शांतिदायक लेकिन उत्साहजनक प्रभाव और तनाव पैदा करने वाले हार्मोन को कम करने की क्षमता के कारण अश्वगंधा एकाग्रता, प्रेरणा, और सहनशक्ति में सुधार कर सकता है। इसके निचोड़ से ऊर्जा स्तर स्थिर रखने के अलावा मांसपेशियों और जोड़ों में शारीरिक दर्द को कम करने में भी मदद मिलती है।
अश्वगंधा के दुष्प्रभाव
अश्वगंधा के स्वास्थ्य लाभ अनन्त हैं, लेकिन अगर अतिरिक्त या लंबे समय तक उपयोग किया जाता है तो आपके शरीर को नुकसान पहुंचा सकता है।
1. इसे थायरॉयड दवाओं के साथ लेने से अतिरिक्त थायरॉयड हार्मोन पैदा हो सकता है, जो रोगी के लिए समस्या पैदा कर सकता है।
2. गर्भधारण के दौरान अश्वगंधा का उपयोग गर्भपात का कारण बन सकता है। यह भ्रूण को भी नुकसान पहुंचा सकता है इसलिए, गर्भवती या स्तनपान कराने वाली महिलाओं को अश्वगंधा लेने से बचना चाहिए।
3. अश्वगंधा का उपयोग करने पर, पेट में जलन सबसे आम साइड इफेक्ट है। तो, यदि आपके पेट मे अल्सर हैं तो इसका उपयोग ना करें।
4. अतिरिक्त खपत पर यह नींद और उनींदापन का कारण हो सकता है।
Hello, I and my partner have intercourse on 13 June, 1 Pm, but due to some reason protection failed, so because of fear she took ipill on 14 June, 9 AM, her period r regular on 22 but as today is 22 ipill is showing no reaction, her period does not come today I know we should wait but is there any chances of pregnancy after taking ipill within 20 hrs - - please tell I am worried please And I have calculated about safe period so does it make chances less.
Hello my hubby has night blindness in left eye as congenital. He is 33 years old. What is treatment on this? I am 34years old. We got married ago 4 yrs. We both are deaf dumb. I got miscarriage ago 3 years 1st time. After that I consulted to Dr. but not become successfully nowadays for pregnancy. My USG report n all blood reports r normal. His semen report also normal. Only my ovulation is late i. E. On 17th day. Can hubby's problem (night blindness) become in baby in future? My all families n his all families r normal. My mummy papa got married in relationship n his mummy papa also. I am in tension please help me.
Vaginal discharge or odor is one of the most common conditions in women, yet the least talked about or taken help for. It is of vital importance that more and more women become aware of the condition and stop neglecting it. It is this neglect towards the condition that leads to some ancillary side effects and the increase in the complexity of the situation. Before things take a turn for the bad, it is imperative that you take help from concerned medical specialists and fight the condition during its initial days itself.
Why consult a specialist?
Treating the condition as soon as you notice it leads you to stem other diseases and infections that may be caused as a side effect. Also, vaginal discharge and foul odor can become not only the cause of discomfort for your day to day life, but also a great hindrance in your private life. Don’t let a curable condition hamper your personal life and most importantly your conjugal life. Visiting a doctor will help you get rid of both the excessive discharge and foul order. All you have to do is shred that mental neglect and confining attitude, step out of the home and make way to the doctor’s clinic.
What causes vaginal discharge?
Some of the most common causes of vaginal discharge include-
- Yeast Infection: Vaginal yeast infection is by far the most common cause of vaginal discharge. This relatively common condition is caused by fungus. This factor is characterised by itchiness, irritation and swelling.
- Urethritis: Another cause influencing excessing vaginal discharge includes Urethritis. This condition is influenced by the inflammation and irritation in the tube carrying urine, also referred to as the urethra.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is an alarming cause of vaginal discharge. This disease is sexually transmitted and affects warm and wet areas of the body.
Other causes of vaginal discharge include pregnancy, anxiety, cervix inflammation, cervical cancer or history of the same.
Causes of vaginal foul odor:
Some of the most common causes of vaginal odor are-
- Infection: Fungal infection is a major cause of vaginal odor.
- Sweat: Accumulation of sweat in wet and humid areas of the body leads to a certain amount of odor. The same goes for the vagina.
- Hormonal change: Change in hormone and discharges also lead to a foul-smelling vagina.
- Overused tampon: Using a tampon for a longer period than prescribed can also lead to accumulation of periodical blood and bacteria, leading to foul smell from the vagina.
Treating vaginal discharge and foul odor:
In case that vaginal discharge and a foul odor is becoming a major concern in your life and making things uncomfortable for you, it is the time that you make your way to a medical specialist. Other preventive practices often suggested by doctors include- wearing loose clothes, not wearing a tampon for a long time, losing weight, consulting a gynaecologist before starting a specific treatment or medication, etc.
I don't last very long during sexual intercourse. How do I improve my staying power?
Saving yourself (and your pride) from the great unexpected flood is not as hard. Yes, premature ejaculation can be embarrassing, especially as your partner tries to soothe your punctured male ego" never mind, it was still good, honey" how can you're explain to her that it could have been stress, anxieties caused by high expectations, or even just over stimulation? or that an astonishing one-third of men under the age of 25 are prone to pe?
Firing too soon is very common, and doesn't mean there is anything'wrong' with your (most women usually need twice as long to climax anyway). Assuming conditions are relaxed, you're comfortable with your lover and not sublimating personal problems, it's just a question of learning to get it right. Because you can master techniques until you have multiple, ejaculation-free orgasms, which also enhances your levels of sexual energy.
A simple method is the stop-start one, which helps build an awareness of gauging the sensations leading to release. As the pirelli ad goes what's power without control? simply put, your partner stimulates your genitals, and stops as you feel orgasm, approach. As you defuse, the stimulation is restarted, and so on. Another is the pause- squeeze technique. Withdraw as your climax builds, and have your partner (on top) firmly squeeze your organ for a few seconds with thumb and forefinger, where the glans meets the shaft. This gradually leads to ejaculatory control.
Relax your body as ejaculation nears, starting with an erotic massage. Breathe deeply, in rhythm together. Pressure on the perineum (about midway) also works. Move your sexual energy away from your genitals. Be vocally expressive, and let your hands foam your partner's body. Switch positions and experiment with which makes you last longer. Out of bed, exercise your pubococcygeal (pc) muscles, the ones that control urine flow, with alternate contractions and relaxations. You can do this anywhere, be it while driving a car or watching tv.
Finally, remember it's all in the head. The one with ears! communicate your feelings. Sometimes women actually don't want the guy to be banging on on, to prove his'manhood. And if you think of sex as a task, half the battle is already lost. Express yurt love, be vulnerable and abandon yourself to it, and the rest will follow.
I am 25 years young female, working in manufacturing company as an executive. Getting my periods once in 2 months, initially it was every month. Need to know why this change happened? Is there any complications due to this? All test related to this was taken and the results were normal. Kindly Suggest Any homemade treatments to become regularize every month.
Its about 2 month that my periods has stopped, bt it's running my white discharge, and I feel some dislike to eat any dish of onion. Is it a sign of pregnancy? please answer.
Hello m sunny 23 years old ,just wanted to try gay sex and did big mistake, had sex wid a guy, ive used condom while anal sex and dint used while oral, is there any chance to get hiv? I am hell scared, after the meet got sick 2 time its been 1n half month or so, wht should I do now? Please help.
In general, anterior cruciate ligament injuries or ACL injuries, are understood as tears in any of the several knee ligaments joining the upper leg bone and the lower leg bone. This can vary from minor injuries, such as small ligament tears, to more serious cases like complete tears or when the ligament and one of the bones gets displaced from the other. These injuries usually occur during sports activities, like soccer, basketball, football, gymnastics, tennis, volleyball, etc. An untreated ACL injury can lead to a condition called an ACL deficiency. This can cause a lot of problems with regard to knee movements as the bones may rub against each other, causing a lot of pain. In some cases, the cartilage covering the ends of the bones may get damaged, eventually tearing and trapping the cushion pads supporting the knee joints.
Signs and symptoms of anterior cruciate ligament may include:
- You are unable to move properly.
- You experience immense pain while walking up and down stairs.
- You are unable to engage much in physical activities.
- Your knee begins to swell gradually.
- You can sense a loud popping sensation when moving your knee.
- You experience feelings of instability.
Anterior cruciate ligament injuries generally occur during sports. Here are some common possible instances that might happen during a game:
- Sudden arrest in motion
- An unsteady landing from a jump
- Direct blows to the knee from tackles
- Sudden shifts in direction
Treatment of ACL injuries normally involves the following:
1. Immediate medical attention along with intense first aid care
2. Sincere adherence to the R.I.C.E model of self care
- Rest: proper rest for a couple of weeks or months depending upon the severity of the injury
- Ice: using ice packs to help cool the nerves
- Compression: ice treatment further helps in compression
- Elevation: when lying down in bed, it is strongly recommended that you keep your affected leg at a slightly higher position, through the use of pillows or cushions
3. Success rehabilitative therapy for several weeks
4. Anterior cruciate ligament surgery or reconstruction
Common Cause of Infertility in Males
Problems with male fertility can be caused by a number of health issues and medical treatments,we at India IVF Clinic have best treatment of male infertility. Some of these include:
• Ejaculation issues
• Antibodies that attack sperm
• Undescended testicles
• Hormone imbalances
• Sperm duct defects
• Chromosome defects
• Problems with sexual intercourse
• Certain medications
• Prior surgeries
How many days after normal delivery body gets normal as before pregnancy because its been month I am suffering from weakness. please suggest.
On an average a person consumes nearly 800 calories daily from added sugar. This does not just include natural sugar found in fruits or milk but the processed sweet sugar as well, that is added to cakes, tea, coffee, confectionery and even pasta sauce and salad dressing. However, it is possible that you can limit your sugar intake or even quit it to get some truly amazing benefits.
When you take this hard decision, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as mild depression, anxiety or restlessness. But if you remain adamant and continue with your decision, your body will soon show some incredible results that you couldn't have imagined.
Here are a few of them:
1. Your heart will beat happily
Sugar raises insulin levels that activate the responses of sympathetic nervous system thereby elevating your bp and heart rate. When you cut down on sugar, your ldl cholesterol will decrease by 10% and triglycerides will reduce by 20-30%. And your risk of heart attack will reduce manifold.
2. Your weight fluctuations will be gone
With the exception of fruits, sugar is mostly present in processed or high-carb foods that contain loads of other unwanted constituents like fat etc.
So when you quit sugar, your body has to no longer worry about those unwelcome calories and your weight will stop moving right and left across the scale.
3. Digestion will become efficient
When you quit sugar, the digestive system becomes more efficient. Since your stomach and intestines have to no longer worry about those difficult to digest processed foods, their abilities and functioning improves. Even your colon begins to work better, may be you take more trips to the restroom, so things get even more on track.
4. No more acne troubles
Sugar triggers acne troubles. When you cut it down, you will no longer be troubled by those zits that dampen your looks. Your skin will actually clear up, cracks will disappear and you will get a healthier skin.
5. You will no longer have sweet craving
With sugar, there is a huge negative, as you enjoy sweets, you crave for more sweets. But if you quit sugar, slowly you will begin to avoid foods that contain sugar and as a result, whenever you will eat anything that has sugar, it will taste over sweet and you will not be able to have large portions. This means no more cravings for sugar!
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.