Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kanwal Nain ChopraYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year old male, i am not physically fit, my body is not so fully growned, basically I am skinny type of boy. So please help me to get perfect body. What I have to do. Is it good to use extra potein suppliments. If yes then which protein supplyment I have to use.
I and my wife both are suffering from boils in the body frequently. Please suggest some good treatment.
My last monthly period was on February10, 2015. Can I stop pregnancy by oral medicines now? If i am pregnant for how many days can i elongate it? Within how many days do oral medicines work for birth control?
I have black skin to become white tell a cream to use and I have black heads on face so, suggest a cream to rid of black heads and black skin.
My sister is facing so many problems like she s getting fever regularly I mean body temp is raising without any reason. My sis n brother in law r planning for a baby and she doesn't got periods till now from 2 months. N she also gets headache. Are dese the symptoms wen we conceive?
I married recently 2 months back and my wife is 4" 8 inches. When I see her I don't like to have sex with her. I am not able to understand why.
I am 17 years old female and I have VERY dry damaged unhealthy hair that don't grow. It's frizzy frizzy and look like mane. I want to grow my hair. I have tried many things like yogurt, aloe Vera and oil hair regularly, yet no improvement. Help!
I'm having hair fall, I don't know what to do. My hair lost its texture and became rough. Am afraid soon I'll become bald. Please tell me a solution.
Slow and deep breathing can help you cool off in a stressful situation. With deep breathing, more oxygen enters the body, which has a calming effect on your mind and body. In fact, 15 to 30 minutes of slow, deep breathing daily can help prevent stress. It can even help you think more clearly, so that you can deal with stress more easily.
1. When you are under stress, sit or lie down in a quiet, comfortable place.
2. Close your eyes and take a deep breath through your nose to the count of 5.
3. Hold your breath for 5 counts, then exhale for 5 counts.
4. Repeat 5 or 6 more times or until you calm down and feel relaxed.
2. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is another useful and effective remedy to help you calm down when you are under stress. Stress causes low magnesium levels in the body and increases adrenaline levels.
Epsom salt is high in magnesium, which helps increase the mood-elevating serotonin chemical in the brain. This in turn helps reduce stress, promote relaxation and ease anxiety, irritability, insomnia and abnormal heart rhythms.
1. Add 1 cup of Epsom salt and a few drops of an aromatic essential oil of your choice to warm bathwater.
2. Stir thoroughly, until the salt granules dissolve in the water.
3. Soak in this soothing water for 20 minutes.
4. You can enjoy this soothing bath 2 or 3 times a week.
3. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is an effective herb for reducing stress. Its calming and soothing nature has a sedative effect on the central nervous system. It helps relax the muscles, ease anxiety and promote better sleep.
• You can drink up to 4 cups of chamomile tea a day to fight stress. To make the tea, add 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile to a cup of hot water. Cover and steep for 10 minutes. Strain, add raw honey as per taste and drink it.
• You can also add fresh chamomile flowers or a few drops of chamomile essential oil to warm bathwater for a nerve-soothing soak.
• You can even take this herb in supplement form. Consult your doctor for proper dosage.
Body massage also works as a stress reliever for many. According to traditional Chinese medicine, massage helps open blocked energy channels to reduce stress and improve overall health.
A warm oil massage of the feet, hands, back and head helps relax tense muscles, improve circulation and fight anxiety.
For a relaxing massage, you can use sesame, olive or coconut oil.
1. Slightly warm the oil of your choice.
2. Use the warm oil to massage your forehead, neck, shoulders, back and bottom of your feet.
3. Then, take a warm bath.
4. Massage your body daily or as needed to reduce stress.
Ashwagandha, also known as Indian ginseng or Withania somnifera, is an effective herb for stress.
A 2012 study published in the Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine found that ashwagandha root is effective in reducing stress and anxiety in adults by lowering levels of cortisol, the stress hormone. It also improves resistance to stress, which in turn improves the quality of life.
In addition, ashwagandha strengthens the nervous system, boosts energy, fights fatigue and improves the quality of sleep.
This herb is readily available in the market in fresh root, dried root, powdered or supplement form. The recommended dose is 1 to 2 grams of the fresh or dried root boiled in 1 cup of milk or water, 3 times daily. If taking a supplement, consult your doctor first.
Note: Pregnant women and young children should not take this herb.
6. Holy Basil
Holy basil is another cherished Ayurvedic herb that works as a natural anti-stress agent. Being an adaptogenic herb, it enhances the body’s natural response to physical and emotional stress. Plus, it helps the body function properly during times of stress.
According to a 2006 study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology, holy basil protects against chronic restraint stress-induced changes, through its central effect.
• Chew 10 to 12 fresh holy basil leaves twice daily.
• You can even drink a cup of basil tea to reduce stress. To make the tea, put 1 tablespoon of fresh basil leaves in a cup of boiling water. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Strain, add some raw honey and sip the tea slowly.
7. Green Tea
You can also sip away your stress with a cup of green tea. Green tea contains L-Theanine, an amino acid that promotes the production of alpha brain waves, which in turn reduce stress, encourage relaxation and improve focus and mental alertness.
In addition, this amino acid plays an important role in the development of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter that promotes relaxation.
Add 2 teaspoons of green tea leaves to a cup of hot water.
1. Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
2. Strain and add some fresh lemon juice and raw honey.
3. You can drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea a day to reduce stress.
Another effective folk remedy for stress is passionflower. Passionflower can increase GABA levels in the brain, which helps reduce stress as well as anxiety and panic attacks.
• Drink a cup of passionflower tea to reduce stress. To make the tea, add 1 tablespoon of the dried herb to 1 cup of hot water. Cover and steep for about 10 minutes. Strain and drink this tea while it is still warm.
• Passionflower is also available in liquid extract, tincture and tablet forms. Always consult your doctor before taking a supplement as it may interact with certain medications.
Note: Small children and women who are pregnant or nursing must not take this herb.
Exercise works as a great stress reliever, be it aerobic, moderate-intensity or high-intensity exercise. It helps reduce the stress hormones and increase the “feel good” hormones in your body. In addition, it improves your mood and distracts you from daily worries.
Try to make time to do some kind of exercise when you are under stress. You can just take a short walk, swim, dance or play some sports.
You can also practice yoga to fight stress. Yoga works as a meditation, which helps calm both your mind and body. It also improves your focus and helps you remain calm and clear in everything you do.
10. B Vitamins
To prevent stress and improve your mood, start taking B vitamins. The eight B vitamins — B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12 —promote proper functioning of the brain and nervous system, as well as help promote relaxation and fight stress and fatigue.
In fact, B vitamin deficiency in the body can cause irritability, depression and apathy. So, when you are under stress, eat more foods rich in B vitamins.
• Foods high in B vitamins include whole grains, beans, peas, peanuts, spinach, kale, blackstrap molasses, avocados, potatoes, bananas, legumes, eggs and dairy products.
• You can also take B vitamin supplements. Consult a doctor first to find out what type of B vitamin your body needs.
M suffering frm lipoma. Spread all body specially my both hand. Back. M so afraid. N anxious. What to do.
I am suffering from systemic scleroderma. Please guide me for proper diet related to it. Please tell that how long it will take to cure? And also prescribe for medication & other remedies to cure same.
Constipation is a very common problem among toddlers and children. It takes place when the child's stool is dry, hard and unusually large, and the frequency of bowel movement is low and inconsistent. Although it is not a serious cause for concern, constipation in children should be recognised and treated early so that it does not develop into a chronic long-term ailment.
Constipation in children is seldom directly caused by any disease or medical disorder, which is known as idiopathic constipation and may be cause by a number of factors:
1. Diet: This is the primary cause of constipation in children. If the child's diet has low water and fibre content and heavily features sugar and processed foods, stool becomes hard and bowel movement gets restricted.
2. Deliberate Withholding: Often children may consciously avoid visiting the toilet, which may make them feel constipated. This may be due to embarrassment, especially in public spaces or they might be too engaged in playing to not go to the toilet, altogether. Some children do it out of fear when a previous toilet experience has been particularly painful.
3. Lack of Physical Activity: The digestive system is boosted through regular exercise. Lack of physical activity, thus, inhibits regular bowel movement.
4. Illness and Medication: Infections and illnesses, especially ones pertaining to the stomach cause the child to become constipated. Many medicines and supplements also affect the digestive system and can lead to constipation.
What are the ways to manage constipation in children?
Constipation in children is treated differently than in adults as their diets and patterns of bowel movement are dissimilar.
The primary treatments for constipation in children are:
1. Stool Softeners and Laxatives
The administration of bowel movement enhancing medication is the simplest way of treating constipation in children. There are various kinds of stool softeners and laxatives that are safe for children and must always be used under the supervision of a paediatrician.
2. Dietary Adjustment
Making changes to the child's diet by including high fibre foods (such as fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads, cereals, etc.) can help cure constipation. Compelling the child to intake ample fluids in the form of water or milk is also necessary. Sugary drinks must be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.