Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanta Nagrani
Submit a review for Dr. Kanta NagraniYour feedback matters!
I have listen somewhere that a lump in breast in early formation can be melt down with the help of lime (churna which is used by paan wala) is it?
I am taking flodart .4 mg. For last 20 days For enlarged prostrate. I recently passed urine followed by a substantial amount of blood. Can this be because of the drug.
I am a 19 year old girl. I have a lump in my right breast. It is round, firm,movable when pressed with fingers and it seems as if t grows bigger and smaller. Could it be breast cancer.
Hi sir/ma'am I'm 22 years I found a lump in my left breast since 8 months but there is no swelling enlargement or any symptoms but pain in time of menses please say me it causes any cancer in future what precautions I should take please.
Hello doctor, My mother has clinical diagnosis as "Suspected low grade non-hodgkin lymphoma" in bone marrow biopsy and flow cytometry impression says" marginal zone lymphoma, cd5 negative cll, lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma" and advice for evaluation for lymph node biopsy and immunohistochemistry for confirmation. Is still cancer is not confirmed? And one more questions I heard that carrot makes major role to cure or suppress cancer. Is this true doctor?
My mom has non small cell cancer of advance stage. Her lungs was filled with fluid. Gefitinib 250 is started from two days. Her age is 67 and have severe disk problem. Is there any hope.
My mother is 60 years old, I want to check for cancer of any type for her, she is not capable of sustaining gastroscopy, is there any test available to check for cancer other than gastroscopy. She is suffering from acidity a lot.
According to the American Cancer Society and Colon Cancer Alliance, colon cancer, which is also referred to as colorectal cancer is regarded as the third most commonly diagnosed cancer type as well as the second most important reason of cancer death in the U.S. affecting both men and women. But thankfully, colon cancer can be prevented by changing the food habits.
It is also important to get regular screenings through colonoscopy, which will help you to determine the early or pre-cancerous stage that can be treated with the removal of cancerous cells. Colorectal cancer is deemed to be cancer-related to the food habits and it can be prevented by correcting the same. Here are the top ways through which you can help your condition naturally:
- Reduce the amount of red meat consumption: Health studies reveal that people who eat red meat on a regular basis are more prone to developing colon cancer. This is because the chemicals required to digest this food damage the DNA material which in turn is the main reason behind the cause of cancer.
- Increase the amount of garlic intake: By consuming more garlic, you can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, particularly those of the gastrointestinal tract. Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can block the pathways of cancer-causing elements and boost the repair as well as reduce the proliferation of cells. It is also high in selenium and sodium content which are beneficial for the overall health.
- Consume all types of plant antioxidants: The bright colored fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and spices, can greatly contribute to adding a wide array of antioxidants in your regular diet. Foods that are rich in anti-oxidants include carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, cabbage, turmeric, sage, rosemary, saffron, purple and red grapes.
- Cook foods in olive oil: Olive oil is rich in anti-cancer properties and it helps in reducing bile acid and increasing the enzymes that can regulate the growth of the cells on the intestine lining so that tissues can be renewed. Antioxidant compounds called phenolics are present in olive oil and have also proven to be a cancer protective anti-oxidant.
- Increase the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids: It has been reported by several types of research that a diet rich in Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the occurrence of colon cancer and therefore you must eat a lot of salmon, cod, mackerel and sardines for decreasing the pro-inflammatory levels in your body.
These few alterations to your food habits can greatly help you in preventing colon cancer and you can consult your doctor for a detailed analysis and recommendation based on your individual health condition. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!