Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kanta GuptaYour feedback matters!
My GF is very offensive during her periods. She irritates and argue with me for no reason in those days. please helps me.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories.
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however, does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types:
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. He may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
I'm 10 weeks 5 days pregnant I have brownish discharge I got scanned baby is fyn with 166 hb and cervix is completely closed from where this brownish discharge is coming sometime light red I'm taking secure o and ecosprin tablet for that and I'm nauseated too and tired I'm really scared because I lost my baby in 5 month because of chromosomal abnormality I don't want to lose it too please help me out I'm really scared I need this baby very badly.
26years marage Im 46 age Wife 42 age No child Iwant ask about (ivf-icsi &pgd )cost From me and my wife no donor And success rate Thanks
I'm 29 years old 5 months before married .unfortunately I had did two times medical abortion first in 9th April for 5 weeks pregnant and it was proceeded successfully after getting scan it is clear and then after 11th may I got my periods as normal as earlier for 4-5 days . Then after some days I feel same symptoms of pregnancy and I did pelvic scan on 12th june for conformation then I found that I'm pregnant of 4-5 weeks and then I had few blood cramps on 16th june then Dr. suggest me to do another pelvic scan and after that sonography reports shows that there is no growth in sac and I'm also feeling very uncomfortable then Dr. suggest me to do medical abortion as soon as possible then she prescribed me some abortion medicine 2 tabs of 200 mg milestone to take in early morning in empty stomach on 18th june and then after 2 days on 20th June 4 tabs of 200 mg misoprostol taken bucally in the gap of one hr then I started heavy bleeding with cramps and clots for two days then after it is get normal as period bleeding for 6 days then after gap of 2-3 days I get few bleeding then it's stopped and on 4th July today I'm also getting some bleeding today my gyeac advice me to do pelvic scan for conformation of successful expelled of pregnancy it is done in bleeding or I should wait until its finished what is best to do and I'm very scared for my health. Suggest me best advice for my problems and health related issues for further pregnancy which we are planned after 18 months . And some nutrients also which I required for weakness after 2 unfortunate abortions.
Hi docs. Am a married girl of 25 yrs age. I had unprotected intercourse with my hubby for last 3 days. I have my last period on 5th of october. I had only two days of periods. May I know my evolution date. And as I had ejaculation inside me may I know is there any chance of conceiving? as am egar to have a baby. Thank you.
During periods I have so much pain in lower abdominal and back pain unable me to do my daily work out so suggest me how can I get relieve in these days?
Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage.
Related Tip: Smoking and Its Effect on Teeth
Hi i am 30 yrs. And unmarried. I had sex with my boyfriend aftr that I had my periods. But after that from last 1 month we havent done sex. Still I didn't got my periods still. Last date was 10/05/2015, and still im not got my periods its 41 day today. I did a test at home and its negative. Please help me.
I was married on 3rd December. From December to march we had a healthy relationship. For the month of may I went to gave my exams at my mothers place (we had no intercourse section in april. From dec to feb my period date was 18. I missed my periods in march and then on april 10 my periods started. I never faced irregular periods. Now I want to get pregnant this month I. E. May. My sis-in-law faced miscarriage this month. I really have little knowledge regarding getting pregnant. Times of intercourse. When to get ejaculated. Kindly advice me in simple language.
My sister is 19 years female and she have periods blood pain in her stomach. what should she do when it came.
Hello mam im 20 week pregnant. I hd a open surgery of fibroid at june 2015 so I want to know that possible to hv normal delivery?
Its not on external measurements.
It depends on your urine out put colour it should be pale yellow normal
If turns dark--- drank less
If turns watery--- drank more
Its for healthy person.
If any has medical conditions.It has to communicated with Dr.
1) Water before food makes u lean
2) During food by sips makes u healthy
3) After food makes u fatty
4) After completion of Digestion boosts energy.
5) If u feel indigestion have it warm it'll enhance digestion
6) If had before bed may give u common cold.
7) 3-5 sips in early morning advisable for health.
Over all who wants to be fit n fine needs to built his physiology at lower water need(like military training).
During Oct-heat n May-heat u can use abundantly by adding Gulab/khas/jai/jui/Ushir/mustak/nagarmotha.