Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kanta GuptaYour feedback matters!
My daughter 17 years having period since 20 days though the flow is less. Suggest the medicine to stop it.
I am 23 years old and I had a baby boy recently who is 1 month old so can you pls suggest me what are the food items can I hav. I am asking this questions because elder people in my house omitts me from eating some of the foods. So please suggest me the food items that I can eat.
I take medicine during my period time to overcome my stomach pain so I wanted to know is taking medicine during period is safe or not for future during pregnancy.
The season of winter is all about enjoyment and is full of fun and festivities. As we while away our time enjoying, our body works its own course of eliminating toxic substances from the organs. But there is always a way to make things better. In other words, the process of clearing toxins is known as detoxification and what better way could be there than Ayurveda. During the process of detoxification, there are certain things that should be avoided like sugar, alcohol, caffeine, gluten, soda, etc.
Why choose the ayurvedic way?
It is the natural process through which the body cleanses naturally without undergoing any turmoil due to side effects. During winter, it is a challenge to detoxify as we consume more in order to keep ourselves warm. Ayurveda’s detoxification methods are safe and trusted for centuries.
Why is winter detoxification necessary?
During winter, we require more energy but due to toxins and more food consumption for a warmer body, the digestive system and the immune system are weakened thus making people more vulnerable to sickness. Winter detoxification helps one to control the energy level and makes the person stay fit, healthy and energised. Detoxification cleanses the digestive system and improves the immune system and also helps in losing weight by flushing out the excess fat from the body.
Detoxifying ayurvedic drinks
Natural ayurvedic drinks prepared at home help in retrieving one's healthy self by detoxifying the body's systems. Also, consuming such preparations regularly will offer continual benefits.
- Coriander, lemon and green tea: The combination of coriander, lemon and green tea helps in balancing the fundamentals of the body. This preparation, again, can be consumed every day. It delays the onset of ageing and also remarkably reduces the visible signs of ageing on the skin.
- Lime water with pepper: A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and a pinch of pepper powder works wonders on an empty stomach. It helps in detoxifying and improving the digestive system.
- Vegetable juice: Vegetables like carrots and spinach that is widely available in winters can be used in preparing juices. The vegetables, when combined with Apple, Celery, and ginger, is a drink that offers many medicinal benefits and tasty as well.
- Lemon ginger water: The combination of lemon and ginger is said to be one of the healthiest ayurvedic drink to help detox your body during winter. Take a glass of warm water mixed with ginger and lemon juice. This helps have a healthy and clean digestive system.
- Aloe vera juice: Aloe vera is yet another nature's gift that helps in flushing out toxins. A bit of aloe vera gel mixed with water or orange juice have been working wonders in detoxification for centuries. It is another healthy winter drink.
- Amla juice: Amla is said to be the best aid in losing weight and boosts up the immune system. Amlas soaked in water overnight and blended in a mixer can be taken thrice every day. The juice has a tangy taste but is effective.
To combat winter, Ayurvedic detox drinks are always handy and helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 23 years old, I am trying to get conceive for the last 3 months but I am unable to. My vagina is not getting enlarged while he is trying to insert his penis. We tried doing Fingering action also. Please suggest me some solution to get conceive soon.
People are often mistaken that drinking coffee leads to diseases such as diabetes. However there are such health benefits of drinking cold coffee that even help in revitalizing & rejuvenating one’s self. Drinking coffee helps in reducing the risks of several diseases such as parkinson’s disease, type 2 diabetes, gall bladder stones, cancer and some heart related diseases. Here are a few reasons of how drinking cold coffee is helpful for one:
Anti-oxidants found in coffee are the ones that help in regulation of blood sugar levels. Drinking 2-3 cups of coffee a day can reduce the risks of type-2 diabetes up to 20-30 percent. Coffee is also thought to promote the delivery of insulin to the tissues.
Parkinson’s disease and gallstones:
Certain compounds that are found in coffee, such as caffeine, decreases the risk of parkinson’s disease by snowballing the supply of dopamine, which is a neurotransmitter. Also, some other substances present in coffee prevent the crystallization of bile and cutting the risks of gall bladder stones.
Heart diseases and problems:
Drinking at least a couple of cups of coffee protects the heart. Coffee drinkers who drink about 1-3 cups of coffee a day are found to be less stressed and have lower rates of strokes than non-drinkers. The anti-oxidants in coffee also help to put an end to the inflammation’s effect on blood vessels.
Many studies in the early decades have already proved that coffee is not carcinogenic, that means, it does not causes cancer. In fact, another study in the year 2005 showed that people who drank coffee daily for over 10 years were less likely to get liver cancer when compared to those who didn’t drink it at all. However the consumption must be kept within the healthy limits.
I'm 27 years currently in 6th week of pregnancy. My 5th week scan showed my baby is situated in the corneal inside uterus. No much information about it in internet .how to overcome this. Will the implanted embryo moves to mid position. Till how many weeks we can abort with injection shot?
I have extreme pain in my left side breast due to clots (ganth- in Hindi. What should I do, pls give a solution?
Hello doctor, Due to emergency contraceptive pill I got my period 2 weeks earlier and now it's my 8th day but bleeding didn't stop. The flow is very little just like drops but it didn't stop. Should I go to doctor or wait for some more days?
But i am asking for medicine to the swelling of abdomen of my girlfriend which is come after taking I pill 6 or 7 times in January and she is slimly fit her age is only 17 years im having sex with her 6 or 7 times and give her ipill in every meeting help me suggest me a right medicine.
Can being intimate with husband is safe during first Trimester. please elaborate can it be normal intercourse or having some precaution in speed, positions etc.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder affecting the joints, symmetrically (usually). The joints become swollen, red, hot, painful & tender. The joint movement becomes limited due to pain & swelling
It starts with inflammation of the synovial membrane but may involve the joint capsule and other surrounding soft tissues.
It is a self limiting disease. But by the time it leaves, the patient is crippled due to contractures & deformities.
Acute phase can be managed with medicines.
Commonly used medicines are ibuprofen/paracetamol/aspirin in therapeutic doses. They help to control symptoms of pain and swelling of the joints in most of the cases by their anti inflammatory properties. Fever is also controlled.
Vitamins, minerals, anti oxidents & other supportive medicines are also needed. Omega 3 fatty acids have a very definite role to play in improving the response to the treatment.
Physiotherapy helps in preventing contractures & deformities.
The patient should do general exercises & keep active.
He may have to be further investigated.
In established cases of rheumatoid arthritis dmard (disease modifying drugs) e. G. Methotrexate, hcq, leflunomide, saaz etc. Have to be used.
They all are toxic drugs & can cause bone marrow depression along with other side effects. They should be taken under medical supervision.
Sometimes steroids may have to used.
The dose of these medicines should be adjusted to the minimum required, to control the symptoms.
Blood, urine tests & other investigative procedures should be done periodically to rule out any side effects.
X rays of the affected part should be done to confirm diagnosis & assess the extent of damage.
Diabetes, vitamin d deficiency or any other metabolic disorder should be ruled out. Sometimes they mimic the symptoms & create confusion in diagnosis. Associated disorders like these, most certainly affect recovery adversely.
It should be ascertained that the patient is not allergic to any of the medicines that he is going to take.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disorder that lasts over many years with acute exacerbation & remissions. The earning capacity of the family is adversely affected. The cost of medical treatment is high. If the patient needs surgery, it is further escalated. Most of the population in india is not covered by any medical insurance. All these factors put together create an atmosphere of depression in the family. Patient feels morally degraded & may even develop suicidal tendency.
In a situatation like this it becomes essential that a moral support is provided to the patient by his friends & relations. Treating doctor has a very definite role to play in keeping up the moral of patient.
Hi I am 25 years old guy. I have problem in genital area .it is affected by fungus in no time n makes skin itchy .it makes me sometime uncomfortable due to some fluids comes out of affected area. Give some better solution. Your advice will b highly regarded.
1. The best way to cool water in summers:- Remember the old days when our grandparents used matkas to store water?
Science has proven that the best way to store water is in a clay water pot. Clay pots not only cool the water down, it also provide healing with the elements of earth.
2. Porous property in clay pots:- Clay is porous. A clay pot is also porous. When we store water in a clay pot, the evaporation happens. All of us read in science from 5 th standard that, what is evaporation. This process causes cooling as water particles gain energy in the form of heat, then change to gas and get mixed with air. A clay pot has small holes visible at the microscopic level through which water seeps out and gains energy to become gas and gets evaporated causing cooling. Heat and moisture circulate throughout the pot, which is not possible in metal or plastic crockery that we use today.
3. Pot water is alkaline in nature:- Another benefit of clay water pots is the alkaline nature of clay. The alkaline clay interacts with the acidity of water and provides the proper ph balance. This water can help to cure acidity and other stomach issues.
4. Boosts metabolism: Drinking the right amount of water everyday can help us boost metabolism. We usually store water in plastic containers, without realizing that there are harmful chemicals like bpa (bisphenol a) in plastic. So drinking water from a clay pot can help improve metabolism without dangerous chemicals and also increase testosterone in our body on the other hand plastic reduces the amount of testosterone in our body. Clay water tastes natural, pleasantly chilled and also helps improve metabolism and
5. Clay pot water good for throat: The water stored in an earthen pot is gentle on the throat. It is an ideal drink for people suffering from cough or cold. It prevents from sunstroke. People who are suffering with sinusitis, this water is medicine for them.
These are all the benefits of clay pot water. But it is very important to clean these regularly and replace water. You can also buy the ‘surahi’ or narrow-neck jug-shaped water pot and the ‘matka’ or traditional water pot.
Can a beta hcg pregnancy test be wrong?, do these tests go with multiple checks and then they are shown to us?
Irregular periods madam not coming of seventh month breastfeeding coming in those days too much stomach pain also madam.
Im 30 weeks pregnant scan show water is less doctor advise me agricet granules 4 sachet and glucose should be given 3 daily for 3 days please suggest how to recover afi or water.
Brush twice a day and floss daily even when your braces are on. The food particles get stuck into the braces very easily. It is very important to keep them clean.