Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. KansalYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from migraine since three years taking medicine but not fully treated. If there is any permanent treatment.
I am suffering with migraine for last 8 years. I am 20 years old. How can I permanently cure migraine?
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder, where an affected person suffers from sleeplessness and is unable to fall asleep or remain asleep for a long time which is required to stay healthy. Insomnia affects the functioning of the body and increases pain sensitivity of the body.
Insomnia has many cures and treatment options. Homeopathy is considered to be an important and very efficient form of medication, which treats insomnia and related sleeping disorders. Homeopathy eliminates the cause of insomnia from the roots, and both the disorders and symptoms are cured.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat insomnia, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed for use:
- Arnica: It is used to ease patients when they overwork physically, and is also useful tor treating insomnia caused due to jet lag.
- Aconite: Aconite cures acute cases of insomnia, which results because of fear, shock, paranoia, grief or due to some bad news. Anxiety, tension and restlessness also cause insomnia, which is cured by aconite.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic remedy treats insomnia where a patient feels sleepy during the daytime, but cannot sleep at night. Restlessness and having bad dreams are observed.
- Calcarea phosphoric: This medicine treats insomniac patients who experience difficulty in waking up in the morning. The patient becomes anxious, restless and gets irritated easily and tends to avoid daily routine.
- Causticum: Causticum is used in cases of insomnia where bed wetting is likely by the patient, especially during the first phase of the night. The patient develops a fear of the dark and a strong sense of justice.
- Chamomilla: Used in cases of sleeplessness in babies where teething, anger or colics cause disruption in sleep. The eyes do not close completely during sleep, and the patient moans. It is also used in grown-ups who are irritable and peevish and experience fearful dreams.
- Cocculus: Cocculus cures insomnia, which occurs due to over exhaustion and over strain. It prevails in people who work during night shifts and need to spend sleepless nights due to work.
- Coffee: This homeopathic remedy is derived from coffee beans and provides relaxation to insomniac people. When a person gets over excited and is kept awake because of constant thoughts, coffee can calm that person and make him fall asleep.
- Equisetum: This homeopathic medicine cures insomnia where the patient wets the bed while dreaming. This happens due to immature nervous functioning.
- Ignatia: Ignatia treats insomnia occurring from extreme shock, grief or emotional stress. The patient becomes very moody, jerks his limbs during sleep and experiences disturbing dreams.
Homeopathy is an ideal treatment for insomnia or sleeplessness. Being natural, it works very efficiently without any side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I have been receiving radiating pain starting from brain to my teeth and nasal passages, I am a teacher by profession and would like to receive a valid consultation.
I am Rahul, my father is suffering from Anaplastic astrocytoma (grade3) and his age is 59 years. What are his chances of survival and how long patients of such kind live thanx.
Why it’s ideal to treat insomnia with homeopathy
Insomnia is a mental condition, which is characterized by a difficulty in falling asleep, even when you have the chance to do so. People with insomnia feel dissatisfied with their sleep and usually experience fatigue, low energy, lack of concentration, mood swings and decreased performance at work or at school.
The visible symptoms of insomnia are inability to fall asleep no matter what, irritability, depression, lack of concentration and enthusiasm, and distressed stomach and intestine. Complications associated with insomnia can cause psychiatric problems, obesity, increased risk of long-term diseases or conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Homeopathy is a boon towards treating insomnia.
Homeopathic medication are far safer therefore, it is preferable and highly recommended. It serves invaluably during insomnia and does not involve any side effects.
The efficiency of homeopathic medicines in curing the several problems associated with insomnia is unquestionable. Plus, targets at providing long-term cure for insomnia instead of just temporary relief. The approach that homeopathy adopts includes getting at the root cause of the problem, and weeding it out so that there’s never a relapse of your condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hypopituitarism is defined as a condition in which the pituitary gland is unable to produce enough hormones. Under-secretion of pituitary hormones affects reproduction, body growth and blood pressure. It also results in pre-mature aging.
The pituitary gland is a small bean-shaped gland situated at the base of your brain, behind your nose and between your ears. Despite its size, this gland secretes hormones that influence nearly every part of your body.
In hypopituitarism, you have a short supply of one or more of these pituitary hormones. This deficiency can affect any number of your body's routine functions, such as growth, blood pressure and reproduction.
Meningitis (brain infection)
Hypophysitis (autoimmune inflammatory disorder)
Sarcoidosis is an infiltrative (accumulation of cells and tissues in excess of the normal amount) disease which occurs in various organs.
Impaired hormone secretion by the pituitary gland is caused by genetic mutations.
Sheehan’s syndrome: It is a condition in which the pituitary gland gets damaged due to severe blood loss during childbirth.
Hypothalamus (a part of the brain which is located above the pituitary gland) diseases wherein the pituitary activities are directly affected by the hypothalamus.
Reduced sex drive
Irregular menstruation, pubic hair loss, hot flashes (feverish heat), and inability to breast-feed properly because of low breast milk production).
Dwarfism in children
Increased sensitivity to cold temperature
Reduction in body hair or facial hair
Hormone replacement drugs include:
Corticosteroids: Adrenocorticotropic hormone deficiency leads to low production of adrenal hormones (different kinds of hormones such as cortisol and adrenalin, produced in the endocrine glands). These drugs act as a replacement of adrenal hormones.
Growth hormone: Growth hormone, also known as somatropin, is injected beneath the skin. This treatment method promotes growth, which balances the height in children. Growth hormone deficiency in adults is also cured by these medications to some extent.
Surgery: Surgical procedure is needed if the condition of hypopituitarism is the result of a tumor. The doctor will remove the tumor through surgery, thus resulting in normal growth.
Radiation: Radiation therapy helps in reducing the size of the tumor which causes stunted growth or pre-mature aging. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I got migraine problem. I am taking treatment from 3 years. All the time I got headache. What should I do. Or which tablets I should take.
M 4 months pregnant. Actually muje 2 3 days se internal pain ho ra h like nerves me cheek pdh ri h is there any serious problem. please help me?
I am suffering from migraine since 5 months. I have taken different medicine from different doctors. Suggest me what I do?
I am suffering from eye dizziness. My spex number is 2. I have severe pain in forehead. I can not see computer or mobile phone clearly and in spex also I have no clear vision. Wht to do so that I can study and please suggest what to increase eyesight and vision?
I have tried welbutirin, with horrendous anxiety and insomnia side effects. Had the same reaction to zoloft and paxil plus sexual side effects. Then tried remeron which was good.
I'm 24 years old and i'm a student. I'm perfectly alright until 2 years back. But then suddenly I started facing severe problem with my hand. I could do all the thing, except writing. When I try to write, hand won't go front. Pen slips from my hand. Hand gets twisted and get severe pain. Consulted many doctors for 2 years. Used allopathy, homeopathy, ayurvedic, herbal medicines, physiotherapy, acupressure. But nothing was of use. There was no improvement in my hand. I even slowly started facing problems like anger, frustration, headache, tension and depression. I'll get extreme emotions either too happy or too sad for small things. Got frustrated with all these treatments and lost hope that it will get cured and left aside everything. Can you please find any solution for my problem?
My left hand last to figers are not working fine m nt able to feel any pain in DAT fingers it feels as if der r totally naam
Dear sir, I am having some numbness in my penis since 1 month. My erection is also not as much as it was before. Ejaculation speed and time is also reduced. I think I am involved in too much masturbation. When my penis is erect, while masturbation I do not feel some part of penis bottom side. Kindly suggest if it is possible due to over masturbation. I am also having slip disc in L4-L5 and L5-S1. Is it possible to have it due to slip disc. If it is not and it is due to over masturbation, is it curable? Sir, I am very depressed. Please help me.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
My father is 55 years old and has recently undergone a surgery to remove tumour in the testicular area along with left testicle and lymph nodes. Post biopsy results in the tumour and lymph nodes have detected cancer. All tumour marker tests i.e. LDH, AFP and HCG have shown normal values. Also FNAC test showed normal value prior to the surgery. What should be our next steps in this case? What are the implications and what is the cure/survival rate for testicular cancer?
Problems Related to Insomnia
Hi! I’m Dr. Priyanka Srivastava, a Psychologist, practicing in Noida.
Today, let’s understand What is Insomnia? Insomnia is nothing but the lack of sleep but that leads to, at times, in an individual’s stress and depression also.
What are the causes of insomnia? There are certain causes of insomnia-
- Mainly, it is due to mental disturbances.
- Any type of a body pain, uncomfortable weather, or the surrounding also leads to insomnia.
- Maybe, improper digestion, constipation, some disease, eating irregularity habits also leads to insomnia.
There are certain symptoms of insomnia.
- Irritability in our behavior.
- Problem in concentration, attention or a memory.
- Poor performance at our school or at work.
- Daytime sleepiness.
- Aggression or impulsiveness in our behavior.
- Lack of energy or the motivation.
- frustration about our own sleep.
Now, how do we get treated while sitting at our place?
- Do regular exercise but not late in the evenings.
- Avoid caffeine in all forms after your lunch time.
- Avoid taking naps during the day time.
- Have a nice long warm bath before you sleep.
- Try to drink warm buffalo milk with the honey in it before you go to sleep.
- Keep your room away from all the electronic gadgets.
There are certain other things that need to be done.
If you want to consult me online or offline, you can consult me through Lybrate.