Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanika SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from vomiting tendency. With very weakness. & I have a pain on my breasts. My blood pressure is 100/60. I did unprotected sexual intercourse with my husband on 24th March. & my menstrual cycle had started by 14th Feb & finished by 17 Feb. Is it possible that I have conceived?
I have swollen lymph nodes under jaw and chin and also have fever and cold I also lost my 1 kg weight my family doctor and ent says it's nothing other than infection please give your opinion thank you.
1. Don't smoke. If you've never smoked, don't start. Talk to your children about not smoking so that they can understand how to avoid this major risk factor for lung cancer. Begin conversations about the dangers of smoking with your children early so that they know how to react to peer pressure.
2. Stop smoking. Stop smoking now. Quitting reduces your risk of lung cancer, even if you've smoked for years. Talk to your doctor about strategies and stop-smoking aids that can help you quit. Options include nicotine replacement products, medications and support groups.
3. Avoid secondhand smoke. If you live or work with a smoker, urge him or her to quit. At the very least, ask him or her to smoke outside. Avoid areas where people smoke, such as bars and restaurants, and seek out smoke-free options.
4. Avoid carcinogens at work. Take precautions to protect yourself from exposure to toxic chemicals at work. Follow your employer's precautions. For instance, if you're given a face mask for protection, always wear it. Ask your doctor what more you can do to protect yourself at work. Your risk of lung damage from workplace carcinogens increases if you smoke.
5. Eat a diet full of fruits and vegetables. Choose a healthy diet with a variety of fruits and vegetables. Food sources of vitamins and nutrients are best. Avoid taking large doses of vitamins in pill form, as they may be harmful. For instance, researchers hoping to reduce the risk of lung cancer in heavy smokers gave them beta carotene supplements. Results showed the supplements actually increased the risk of cancer in smokers.
6. Exercise most days of the week. If you don't exercise regularly, start out slowly. Try to exercise most days of the week.
I am 32 year lady. My baby age is only 5 days. I eant to now what should I take precautions for breast cancer.
My dad had an oral cancer and then it got spread to lung and one of the organs in the throat has been removed out of two and then the cancer has been treated through chemotherapy and after few weeks he got blood infection sepsis and he is in the icu on medication but the infections is fluctuating it got down after dialysis and then again spiked up a half of the downward fall Is there any advice you would like to give.
I am 23 years old and I have discovered 2 big lumps on my shoulder. What should I do now. Is it very serious?
Prostrate issue for long time since 10 years early morning when I get up the bladder is full and take some time to empty it.
Hi I am 36years old male Whar the symptoms of mouth cancer And I have sometimes numbness is my left side of the stomach which goes as soon as I rub the place and burp comes out.
My age is 60.Had initial stage uterus cancer. Undergone radical hysterectomy. What follow up tests are required after six months.
Hi. My aunty had throat cancer. It was detected last year. Can you pls tell me treatment for the throat cancer. Which hospital can give the good treatment. Thank you.
I am 21 years old girl. I have A cyst in my right breast and I consulted a doctor when I was felt the pain .that was 2 years back .and the scanning report is that:-shows mild fibroadenosis more on right side .there is a small cyst 1.1*0.6 cm at 1 0' clock position of right mammary gland. No abnormal calcification. But now I feel that the cyst is multiplying. I felt that another one is coming on that same breast. Is that any serious one?
What are the symptoms of cancer. How this disease are handling the people. Why there is no proper medicine and treatment is there. How the cancer is spread to other.
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The Prostate gland is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chance of developing BPH increases after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet unknown as to why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarged prostate gland have not complained about any discomfort faced.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion. There are certain medicines, which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage.
Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are:
- Strain while urinating
- Weak urine flow
- Some dribbling after urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are:
- Waking during the night to urinate
- Urinating frequently during the day and at night
- Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but are the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus, it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.
Sir, my fiancee is having breast cancer and she was getting treated with chemotherapy. Now she will treated with radiation. She has been diagnosed with ER/PR positive. So doctor has stopped her periods & told that it will be stopped for 5 years. So I want to know that can she try for pregnancy after marriage in between those 5 years? & What are the effects, merits or demerits.
Sir. What are the symptoms of lever failure, Blood cancer or kidneys failure. Please reply much urgent. Thnx.
I am 30 years old male. I have got small swelling or limp on my arms and legs, this looks like small round ball. Could you please let me know if I got lipoma decease or cancer is it harm to body? Because I feel awkward when I wear any half sleeve shirt. Thanks,
Gutka khane k karan mera muh nahi khulraha. Mughe dar hai k mughe cancer hua hi. Muh me chale wagaira kuch b nahi hi. Iska ilaj batayein?
One of my friends is suffering from breast cancer and it is said that intense pain is there. How can we be away from cancer?
High fibre in diet prevents cancer of colon,prostrate and breast,as high fibre in diet inactivate carcinogens in diet.
Persons eating red meat which is low in fibre are having higher chances of colon cancer.
A balanced plant based diet having variety of vegitables,fruits soy,nuts,whole grain and beans can lower risk of developing cancer.
Eating vegitables containig carotenoids such carrot and sprout may reduce risk of cancer of mouth,lung,laryx and pharyx.
Diet high on non starchy food such as brocholi,spinach and beans may protect against cancer of stomach and oesophagus.
Fruit like citrus and amla have vit. Cand A and protect against cancer of lung and stomach.
Food high in lycopene like tomatoes,melon and guava can reduce risk of cancer of prostrate.
Drink lot of water as it excrete all toxins from body and reduces chances of cancer.It also inhances immunity.
Limit your consumption of salt to 2.4 gm /day,which reduces risk of stomach cancer.