Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanika Sardana
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kanika SardanaYour feedback matters!
Physiotherapy is an effective way to reduce various kinds of body pains. Physiotherapy includes massages, exercises, and heat treatments to relieve pain. This treatment is often recommended as the first option to treat back and neck pain. Physiotherapy is also used to rehabilitate patients after surgery. Different kinds of exercises included in this treatment are also useful to treat sports injuries. Here are some steps that you can take to relieve your body pain incorporating physiotherapy.
- Get appropriate help - It is important to properly diagnose your condition before going for physical therapy. Seek help from a professional and if he/she recommends physiotherapy then only opt for the treatment.
- Reduce your severe pain before exercising - If you are in immense pain, work to alleviate the pain before engaging in exercises. Cold/ hot therapy, massage, manual manipulation are some of the methods that can slowly reduce the pain. These are all part of physical therapy.
- Exercise - Exercising has numerous health benefits including relieving back pain. As you age, your back tends to get weaker; it is important to workout to prevent future backaches. Stretching, strengthening and low- impact aerobics are ideal for this issue.
- You can also try water therapy as water has a therapeutic effect on pain and makes your movements much easier than on land.
- Observe your body's reaction to physical therapy - When you have just had a back or neck pain episode and try physical therapy you will feel some initial discomfort, it is expected. After you acclimatize yourself with the routine all kinds of pain will gradually diminish. The initial pain due to physiotherapy is caused because your muscles are stiff and they are being stretched the way they are not used to. However if the pain gradually increases you are probably not right for that particular kind of physical therapy.
Often times I feel little bit pain in my chest. Is this a gas problem or something else? please revert back.
Hi I'm suffering from back pain last 3to4 month. When I eat tablet for this that time is OK but after that it started paining again. It pain backbone joint. Please can you help me.
Sudden back pain started. Pain is also in buttocks and leg. Sleeping on one side gives relief and walking working is slowed down due to pain. To able to touch toes without bending knees.
Dear Sir, We are suffering muscle pain from Knee to Ankle along with bone. Please suggest us what we can do to get the pain relief.
Got a desk job? You probably find yourself hunched over your laptop or table working long hours. To add to the misery, they don’t make the chairs to really flatter your back. This really makes you wish they provided massage chairs, but not every one of us is that fortunate!
The result? A crankier you with a sore back, who comes back home with spirits lower than the Monday blues. Even if you truly enjoy your job, it makes you think twice about going back again.
It’s probably something you take for granted, but your upper spine receives a lot of support from the muscles in your shoulder, neck, chest, and back. By strengthening those muscles through exercise, you can fend off issues of the neck and upper back pain.
It will take a regular regimen of back exercises to make your muscles stronger and better able to support your spine. You should perform these exercises in sessions of 15 to 30 minutes a day, at least two or three times each week, the experts say. Be sure to consult your doctor before undertaking such a program, however, especially if you're already suffering from upper back pain. Here is a list of extremely easy exercises that you can do right away -
- Thoracic Extension: Put your hands behind your head and stretch back, looking up at the ceiling. Do this at least 10 ten times and keep repeating this throughout the day.
- Scapular Squeeze: You can do this sitting or standing. Put your arms on either side and squeeze your shoulder blades towards each other. Do two sets of 15.
- Knee To Chest: Lie on your back with your toes pointing up, slowly bend your knees pulling your leg closer to the chest and hold it for 20 seconds. Repeat three times for each leg.
- Yoga Cat/Cow: Kneel on all fours, with the hands beneath your shoulders and knees below your hips. While exhaling, gently arch your spine. And while inhaling, tighten your core muscles and arch your back outwards like a cat. Do 2 sets of 10.
- The Door Stretch: Stand in an open doorway or wall. Put your hands slightly above your head and lean forward until you feel a stretch on your shoulders. Hold for 15-30 seconds. Repeat this 5 times.
- Thoracic Stretch: Sit with your legs stretched in front of you. Hold the middle of your thighs and lean forward with your head curling up towards your pelvic region.
- Arm Slide On The Wall: While sitting or standing, put your palms or elbows on the nearest wall and slide it up to the highest point without removing contact with the wall.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!