Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KanikaYour feedback matters!
I live at hostel. I have a long hair. But I am losing it right now. Ofcourse it is long but it is becoming thinner. Can you please request any hair treatment externally.
I have hair loss. I m 20 years old girl. Someone help me. What can I do. Also I having dandruff. When bathing lots of hair is falling please help me.
What could be done to reduce, in fact completely bailed off of lipoma, is there a way possible, please suggest.
I want to regrow hair on my head front portion. Which surgery is best? hair transplant? or hair stem cell therapy. Please suggest the type of surgery having less side effects.
I have some skin problem like black head and acne from long Time I have use several medicine which remove my acne but not permanently what can I do to remove permanent.
I am 25 years old boy and I am facing hair grow prb frm last one year 1st it was little portion but now area is getting wider of hair grow prb Now my head is visible clearly with no hairs So pls suggest me what is should to grow hairs on that portion.
I am suffering from skin disease i.e recurrent pyoderma and cellulitis having treatment of tab. Zimig for one month and ointment lulibet and fucidin. In test report tlc, g6pd, fasting sugar is ok, some problem with thyroid ultra tsh 7.14, do I have some other test of skin, blood or urine and other medicine to cure.
My hair is falling down I lost my hair what is the problem to me and how I can predict the problem I want my hair to homb.
I am suffering from facial pigmentation and 2-3 days back I tried turmeric with honey pack and used it for about 35 minutes but right after that my face has become more darker than before. What went wrong, did I put more honey or the duration was much longer than necessary? Now my skin looks listless and dull. How to make it more shining and remove the dark pigmentation from my face? Shall I continue using moisturizing cream and aloevera gel or stop it? please Guide.
The air conditioner dehydrates and dries out the skin. How do we tackle this problem? Could humidifiers be helpful. Any alternative which is cheap and can be used to add moisture to a dry room?
Hi, I am Nitu Singh 30 years old. Black marks on my nose and face after delivery of my son, please suggest the medicine.
I have severe dark circles, I am taking a sound sleep of around 8 hours a day. Have been stress free, no medical problem at present nor in past. Pl. Suggest any solution.
The harsh sun during summer causes several problems apart from just sunburn. Prolonged exposure to the sun may lead to several skin conditions like brown spots, red and scaly spots, wrinkling, drying and skin cancer. It is important for you to prevent your skin from such harmful effects of the sun. Here are 10 tips you must follow in order to safe guard your skin against sun damage:
- Wear a sunscreen: You must apply a thick layer of sunscreen lotion on your skin before going out in the harsh sun, as a thin coating will reduce the effectiveness.
- Cover yourself up: It is important for you to cover up properly before going out in the sun. Clothing of dark and tightly woven materials absorb UV rays more than cotton fabrics of light shades. Hence, you should avoid dark clothes and wear light ones. When the sun is very harsh, a well-brimmed hat is also recommended for protection of your head.
- Stay indoors: You should avoid the sun during its peak and most intense hours, specifically between 10 in the morning to 4 in the evening. Try to stay indoors during these hours and use an umbrella, if you cannot avoid going out.
- Wear sunglasses: Sunglasses are a must before going out on an intense sunny day. Sun damage to the eyes can result in conditions like cataract and pterygium. Wear sunglasses with 99% to 100% UVB and UVA protection for keeping your eyes safe.
- Avoid reflective surfaces: Try to be careful near water, sand or snow, which are reflective surfaces. They reflect harmful rays of the sun, thereby increasing he chance of sunburn.
- Avoid sunbathing: During harsh sun conditions, you should avoid sun bathing. Fair-skinned people should keep away from sun bathing even more. When you observe that your shadow is shorter than you, you must find a shade.
- Do not get fooled by the weather: Do not think that a cloudy sky reduces the chances of a sun damage. In spite of a thick cloud cover, UV rays can penetrate your skin, thereby, causing substantial harm.
- Photosensitivity: Several medicines and drugs make the skin extra sensitive to the sun, increasing the risk of sunburn. Some herbal medicines are responsible as well. Keep away from these drugs.
- Avoid tanning beds: UVA rays present in tanning beds can penetrate your skin quite deep. In fact, regular exposure to UVA rays leads to skin drying and causes wrinkles.
- Consume antioxidants: Antioxidants provide protection from the sun’s rays. You should increase the consumption of vegetables, fruits and drink green tea during summer.
The sun’s rays cause more damage to the skin than you can think of. By following these preventive measures, you will be able to spend time in the sun without getting affected.
Keep the above-mentioned tips in mind and prevent your skin from the harsh sun.