Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kanika AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello . Last year in nov 2013 I got married. There is too much time passed but my wife has not become pregnant. Is there any problem either me or in my wife.
I am 22 years old and suffereing from pcod. I usually take contraceptive fr cycle as per doc guidance. My height is 4'11 and weight is around 65. How can I get rid of it. Please help. I am having this problem from past 2 years.
I am 40 years old I hve got fibroids in uterus, doctor said if I get operated fibroids vil occur again. Or else you hve 2 remove the uterus. One of my frnd said if v remove the uterus v will not b able to enjoy sex. Is it right. After removing the uterus can be hve sex again.
Hello doctor can you suggest me the diet chart for pcod patient to regulate periods and conceive fast.
Hello doctor. She has missed her periods. She tested pregnancy. It is positive. She need not issue. Pls help what to do.
Sedentary lifestyles have taken a toll our health, impacting the stamina of our body. Whether you are an athlete or a regular person who requires building physical and mental stamina in order to easily perform daily tasks, try these 5 highly effective ways to do so.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking adequate quantity of water goes a long way in maintaining a good stamina level and also building it gradually. Water also helps fight muscle fatigue and you can also combine its consumption with certain sports drinks such as gatorade.
- Maintain a stable sleep schedule: Chronic sleep disorders have been known to lead to troublesome issues such as rapid weight gain and high blood pressure. It is very essential to get sound sleep for an adequate time period on a daily basis in order to keep your body fresh and increase stamina.
- Follow a strict exercise regime: Exercise is the best way to help your body build up stamina and increase energy levels. People who exercise on a regular basis are likely to develop an improved endurance level and stamina. Also, these people have lower fatigue levels. Try and work out for at least half an hour every day.
- Maintain a healthy diet: Food products rich in nutrients are bound to give a credible stamina boost to your body. Include foods in your diet that are rich sources of carbohydrates and starches, such as vegetables, fruits and lean meats. Also, eat small meals and consume them throughout the day.
- Keep a positive attitude: A positive attitude helps a lot in keeping your brain cells energetic and excited. Try and focus on the work at hand and complete it in the best way possible. A healthy mind is bound to keep you feeling good and healthy, thus boosting your mental stamina.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am 5 months pregnant. In my sonography a problem found" Low lying posterior placenta" please guide me or necessary suggestion to overcome the said problem.
If I had done unprotected sex with my pheonsi during her period's second day and then we go for Emergency Contraceptive Pills Unwanted 72, So can you tell me this tablet hurt the period or not? We can take or not? Please help me as soon as possible.
Hello sir / mam i'm 24 female after my marriage I hv a miscarriage according to Dr. Prescription I hv an abortion done after dat m suffering from vaginal infection its seems to look like cottage cheese while hvng a sex there's a burning sensation n itching I asked the Dr. She told me for some test all were negative after that she prescribed me for vaginal tablet but mam the problem in not gone prply it hppns 3-4 tyms in the year.
We are married from past 2 yrs, in Feb 2014, my wife conceived, however, we had miscarriage and we had to do Dilation and curettage by March 2014 end. Since then we are trying to conceive and we have not got success. In this we also went through, follicular study with (HCG) injection, however, we did not get success. Now our Doctor is suggesting for Intrauterine insemination (IUI). However, before doing Intrauterine insemination (IUI), our Doctor suggested that, we need to check if there is any blockage in fallopian tube and for that we need to under go a laparoscopy or Hysterosalpingogram. Cost for Hysterosalpingogram is 5000 INR and for laparoscopy 25000 INR and if blockage found and if that needs to be cleared additional 25000 INR will be charged. Please suggest as to what is the correct way to proceed? Thank you.
It is ideal for you to eat small quantities of nutritious food regularly to reduce your weight. It is ideal for you to include at least 30 to 45 minutes of exercise every day to see visible differences in weight.
Have a breakfast by 8: 30 am in the morning and limit it to 250 to 300 calories.
Have a handful of nuts as a mid morning snack at 10: 30 am
Have your lunch at 12.45 pm and make sure it is only a diet full of veggies and fruits.
At 2: 30 pm have your afternoon snack that could be carrot sticks or apple with low fat peanut butter?
At 6 pm have the last meal of the day that includes a cup of vegetables before the meal? then drink water and follow it with a cup of rice and lean meat.
I had my abortion on 1st June 2015 and then I got my periods on 18th July. Now it's 23rd august I am not getting my periods. And I am not pregnant. What will be the reason then?
Hi. I am diagnosed with PCOS and the Doctor prescribed meprate tab 2 times a day for 5 days to induce period. It has been over 10 days now, after completing the course, but my periods haven't started yet. Please let me know how long does the medicine take to start working and whether I need to repeat the course once again? Thanks in advance.
Hi doctor I am 24 years Girl. Last time when met with my friend we were going to have sex but we did not because my boyfriend had no condom so we just remove our clothes. He just rubbed my vagina. and it becomes wet. He just rubbed his penis with my vagina. Not more than anything. 1 day before my periods have been finished. Now it's about 6 days in which these days I am getting pain in my legs and back like I am having my periods. And my vagina also gets wet. Any time. Please suggest me something really fast what is it? Why it is happening because till that my vagina haven't got wet.
I made love with my gf without using any precaution And she is 1 week away from her periods So shud she take any measures Like contraceptive pill and all!
Hello doctor, I am 18 year old. It's been 10 days that I have skipped my period. I am very regular on my period of about a gap of 33 days. I also track my menses but this time it didn't happen on time. I've been fasting and also I had gone on a trip abroad that completely ruined my sleep cycle when I returned to India. I slept in the day and stayed up at night but now it's back to normal. I was also a little sick in between and I stopped my medicine makes nexito5. I also have a little pain in the area below the navel. What should I do.
Doctor suggest me to take hcg 10000iu how many hours to take for egg to rupture pls suggest me how to improve cervical mucus.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Obstruction of the bile duct is characterized by the blockage of the bile duct. The function of the bile ducts is to transport bile to your small intestine. The bile is excreted in order to digest fats from the food.
There are two types of bile ducts in the body:
- Intrahepatic ducts: These ducts are small tube like structures that carry the bile to extrahepatic ducts
- Extrahepatic ducts: Extrahepatic ducts are two ducts that descend from the liver into the body's small intestine
The bile comprises of waste products, bile salts and cholesterol. The liver secretes bile which flows through the bile ducts and is stored in the gallbladder. If the bile ducts are blocked then the bile accumulates in the liver and can lead to jaundice.
Certain causes of this particular condition are mentioned below:
- Bile duct obstruction may result from gallstones
- If you have inflammation in your bile ducts
- Narrowing of the bile ducts
- Enlargement of the lymph nodes
- Bile duct tumors
- Tumors in the pancreas
- Various infections such as hepatitis
- Liver complications such as cirrhosis
- Various parasites may lead to bile obstruction
- Inflammation of the pancreas
- If you have weak immune systems, then it may lead to infections that may result in bile duct obstructions
The symptoms are:
- You may experience yellowish skin
- You may have symptoms of fever and vomiting
- Abdominal pain especially in the upper part
- Stools may be light colored
- You may pass urine that is dark in color
The various treatment options for obstruction of the bile duct are surgeries that remove the blockage. Other treatment options are an ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) and a cholecystectomy which is the process of removal of the gallbladder. ERCP is another procedure that is used to get rid of gallstones from the gallbladder. You may prevent it by consuming a lot of fiber in your diet. Make lifestyle changes such as exercising on a regular basis and eating healthy.