Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kanika AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I'm 21 year old. I have pcod problem this caused facial hair over face neck stomach areas more it looks awkward and my weight is exceeded. I'm worried. What should I do now to overcome from it?
Hi.I've been taking Venlift OD 75 mg and Trika SR 0.5 mg. I've just conceived. Is it advisable to take these medicines during pregnancy ? If not.What to do ?
Tea is known for many beneficial properties that it contains. Whether it is black tea, green tea, white tea or any other kind of tea, there are numerous health, home and cosmetic benefits attached to tea. Tea bags once used do not necessarily need be thrown in the trash once they have been dunked and seeped into the boiling water and milk, if you are using any. There are a number of uses which one can derive easily from these tea bags so that one can get glowing skin and varied other health benefits. Read on to know more about the hidden benefits of these tea bags!
- Tea bags for your eyes: The number of antioxidants present in tea makes it ideal when it comes to banishing those under eye bags and dark circles. You could freeze these tea bags in the freezer after you use them and then press them onto your eyes for a few minutes the next day. This will help in visibly lightening the area and clearing the bags that may have formed under the eyes due to long hours spent working and other factors like stress.
- Tea bags for food flavouring: You can use these tea bags to flavor various dishes as well. That’s right this can be used as a robust condiment with pasta, grains and chicken. You can use these tea bags in the water which will be used to boil grains and pasta so that the flavor can get infused in these ingredients. You can use flavored tea bags like chamomile and cinnamon to make a difference to the dish that you are preparing.
- Tea bags in the garden: Whether you have a large garden, a small patch or a few pots that grow herbs and other smaller flowers and vegetables, you can easily use tea bags in the water that you use for watering these plants. This will help in preventing the onset of any kind of fungal infection as far as the plants go. You can also use these bags as ingredients for your comps bins so that you have natural fertilizer containing the rich goodness of tea as well.
- Tea bags to deal with odours: Tea bags can be placed in muslin bags and hung from various rods and placed in corners, to act as a deodourising agent. You can also place these tea bags inside the refrigerator so that you eliminate the various scents and odors that are not too pleasant.
- Tea bags for cleaning: You can also use these tea bags to clean your rugs and carpets. These can be frozen before they are opened and the dried tea leaves can be spread over the various stains before being brushed away. The stains will also lighten gradually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Is there any reaction of acidity tablets during pregnancy(approx 15 day old ). Like pantacid. Pantop40 etc etc. And is there any reaction of tablet o2 during pregnancy.
Sir/ma'am please help. My girlfriends period started from 10 aug and ended on 15th aug. We had protected sex on 27th of aug. I believe I did not cum Inside her but since she was not sure so she took ipill (ecp) after 6 hours of intercourse. After four days i.e. On 1st aug at 1: 30 am, she started bleeding and she said that the pain and blood was just like her periods although it was not her period date. She bleed for 3 days and the bleeding stopped on the fourth day. We both are very tensed as we don't want any pregnancy. Please help. We will be grateful to you. Please.
Dear Mam, my wife is 23years old. She has period problem. Sometimes it bleeds very less than normal. She has passed almost 5months at this condition. What should she/we do?
I had sex 3 days back. And I took i-pill on my third day. I doubt that a single drop of sperm went inside. Is there any chance of getting pregnant. Also I am on my third day of periods.
Me and my wife are expecting and she is currently in her 37th week. The doctor is out of town for 3 days in her 38th week. She gave us two options, one to have a backup doctor recommended by her. Another is an induced labor in the beginning of 38th week. Baby's weight is approx 2.5kg +/- 0.3kg. Adequate liquor is available. And baby is not in breech position. Head is tilted. We are worried if induced labor fails, she will be forced to go through a c section. What are the chances induced labor will fail? should we wait till she gets labor pains?
Having menses for past 10 days and its not stopping. Suggest me some medicine to stop it. I am having thyroid. For past 2 months I didn't took medicine but now am taking it. Thyronorm 100mg. The intensity of blood is not decreasing.
I have been doing the routine urine test done and each time the result is RBC 2-3 HPF and weak reaction. After that I have done KUB / CT Scan and Ultra sound along with urine Cytology and PSA blood all our normal. Out of 6-7 urine routine 2 results showed 5-6 RBC. The CT Scan shows 2 mm renal calculus below left kidney. As all results our normal fail to understand why is there blood in URINE. And also is it worry some and is Cystoscopy necessary to complete the process.
thanks. I also feel that my vagina become loose n sides are become darker in color. Is their any treatment or homemade solution.
How your diet affects your overall physical health
The fuel that runs all your bodily processes and enables you to do everything is food. Following the right diet and having correct eating habits can help in preventing as well as treating diseases that may affect you. On the other hand, poor dietary habits and food choices can have adverse long-term effects.
Food has a direct relationship to physical health. Here's how they are related:
- the nutrients that you get from a balanced and healthy diet keep your brain active, and your heart and muscles working. They also help in building your bones, muscles and tendons in addition to regulating body processes like blood pressure.
- it supplies you with energy so that you are able to carry out your daily activities with ease. From strength to coordination and agility to speed, your food is the source of power for all these levels of performance.
- having a healthy diet ensures your body movements are executed with minimal effort. In contrast, a poor diet can make each of your body movement an effort that is filled with strain, stress and pain.
- the consumption of fruits and vegetables as well as whole grains enables you to function properly and not suffer from energy spikes and breakdowns that a carbohydrate and sugar-rich diet may bring about.
- having foods that are high in trans fats such as cookies, pies, cakes or doughnuts and saturated fats such as red meat, butter or cheese alongside fatty meats puts you at risk of developing major health diseases that can affect your physical well-being.
- the consumption of foods that are rich in unsaturated fats such as fish, nuts and vegetable oils protects and restores your body.
- eating a balanced diet ensures you don't end up putting on excess weight, thereby lowering your risk of acquiring diet-related ailments such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
- additionally, following a healthy diet plan also ensures you don't end up with eating disorders like bulimia, anorexia and binge-eating disorder that are detrimental to your physical health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Avoid dental X-rays during pregnancy. If X-rays are essential (such as in a dental emergency), your dentist will use extreme caution to safeguard you and your baby. Advances in technology have made X-rays much safer today than in past decades.
Don't skip your dental checkup appointment simply because you are pregnant. Now more than any other time, regular periodontal (gum) exams are very important, because pregnancy causes hormonal changes that put you at increased risk for periodontal disease and for tender gums that bleed easily – a condition called pregnancy gingivitis. Pay particular attention to any changes in your gums during pregnancy. If tenderness, bleeding or gum swelling occurs at any time during your pregnancy, talk with your dentist or periodontist as soon as possible.
Eating Right for Your Teeth and Baby
Avoid sugary snacks. Sweet cravings are common during pregnancy. However, keep in mind that the more frequently you snack, the greater the chance of developing tooth decay.
Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Your baby's first teeth begin to develop about three months into pregnancy. Healthy diets containing dairy products, cheese, and yogurt are a good source of these essential minerals and are good for baby's developing teeth, gums, and bones.
Is bleeding necessary after taking ipill? I took ipill twice in a week. I had sex on 2nd day of my period end. Took ipill within 24 hrs. And again had sex on8th day of my period end. Again had ipill immediately. Is there any chance of pregnancy. I am very tensed.
1. Eat lots of protein in your diet such as dal, soya been, eggs etc
2. Rule out any hormonal reason such as thyroid disorder etc.
3. Drink at least 7 liter water daily
4. Perform cardiovascular exercise such as routine walking, jogging etc.
5. Avoid tension
6. Take at least 7 hrs of sound sleep
I am 25 yr girl from last 3 months my period comes before 15 or 10 days but this month again normal what is it.
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
There are certain signs that can help you to clearly recognise an occurrence of stroke:
- Face drooping on one side
- Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, usually a leg or an arm
- You're unable to think or say anything clearly
- You experience slurred speech
- Difficulty in moving your tongue
- You get a sudden and severe headache
What Tests can be Done to Identify the Stroke?
There are certain tests that you can do to identify these warning signs.
- To identify facial weakness, the smile test is used wherein you're simply asked to show your teeth to check for any changes in this facial expression - a lopsided smile.
- To check for weakness in the body, the arm test is performed in which you raise both your arms to the same height. In case you're unable to do so, you may be experiencing arm weakness, a sign of stroke.
- For slurring of speech, you may be asked to repeat sentences such as 'Don't cry over spilt milk' or 'The pen is mightier than the sword'.
- Stroke can also be identified through the walk test wherein with the help of another person, you walk across the room to check for changes in your step.
If not treated in time, strokes can cause permanent brain damage. More importantly, unlike heart attacks, anxiety may not always be the cause of your stroke symptoms. That's why, being aware of these symptoms and recognising them on time can help you to quickly seek medical assistance.