Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanejia
Submit a review for Dr. KanejiaYour feedback matters!
Being intimate with your partner helps you to connect with each other in a better manner. Being active also increases happiness and longevity. Here is a list of reasons to why you having sex daily is highly advantageous. Read on more to find all about it:
- De-stress: Sex helps to reduce stress. During sexual activity the body produces dopamine a hormone which fights against stress, endorphins or hormones which cause you to feel happy and oxytocin a hormone which increases desire. So sex on a daily basis is indeed an apt idea.
- Form of exercise: Sex is essentially a type of physical activity. The physiological changes that occur in a body during sexual intercourse is similar to that of a work out. Respiratory and heart rate rises and a feeling of tiredness comes post coitus as calories are burned.
- Lowers blood pressure: Certain studies have indicated that sex has an ability to reduce blood pressure. It has been observed that regular sex can decrease diastolic blood pressure.
- Builds trust and intimacy: During sex the hormones oxytocin and endorphins are released. Endorphins causes a happy feeling and oxytocin increases desire and love. Regular sex causes more secretion of oxytocin which helps to build trust and intimacy between couples.
- Less chances of cancer: Regular sexual intercourse lowers the risk of prostate cancer. Irregular or rare ejaculation can cause the prostate to swell which may lead to prostate cancer.
- Regulates period: Sex regulates hormone secretion and hormones in return, determine the menstrual cycles. As such regular sex thus indirectly ends up regulating the menstrual cycle. Sex reduces stress which in turn prevents women to miss their periods.
- Healthier semen: If a couple is trying to conceive, regular sex is highly beneficial as with regular ejaculation old sperm is replaced from the testicles which increases the chance of conception.
- Stronger pelvic muscles: The act of sexual intercourse requires the active participation of several muscle groups. The pelvic muscles in particular become stronger which ultimately helps in the formation of a strong bladder and bowel movements.
- Prevents erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction can seriously hamper the sexual activity of a person. Regular sex is known to prevent erectile dysfunction as with regular sex blood flows regularly via the penile arteries which keeps the tissues healthy preventing erectile dysfunction.
Doctor I'm 28 years my sexual feelings r become weak. I'm not getting feels like before. Now since 1 year my Sex feelings r weak. How do I get it back to normal. I feel very depressed bcoz of tat. Doesn't feel like to enjoy my self. I was very sex addicted before but now my penis doesn't get feelings faster. Wat vl be your advise?
Iam feeling uncomfortable while urinating. I feel like the bladder is not emptied, but when some force is applied under scrotum after urination again some amount of urine is ejected and inflammation in the urinary tract. Im suffering this problem from about 4years. Im HIV negative and I think I have prostatitis. Can someone help me out. Im struggling every day.
I masturbate daily is it harmful for my married life, will I be able to give birth to my child. Will I be able to satisfy my wife.
Im suffering from less production of sperm and early ED. Due to this I usually in stress. How can I be normal as such thing can not be share everywhere. Presently im unmarried and seriously worried. Even I feel burn after masturbate.
I am 18 years old man. I was diagnosed with dengue yesterday. What cure should I take and can I masturbate during at this situation.
My age is 22 but my foreskin is tight so glans of the penis is not come out skin. Due to this reason when I do hand job the little cum will settle inside the foreskin.
Hi, I am suffering from burning and itching in the vulva and vagina Large amounts of discharge Red, inflamed, painful agonizing mucous membranes Appearance of lesions Odor Abnormal bleeding Bleeding after sexual activities Dry vagina. Please help.
Modern lifestyle - minimal physical activity, unhealthy food habits and stress - has a negative impact on overall health for all of us. While we may not realize the negative impacts of our so called modern lifestyle in our daily lives, our lifestyle actually affects every function of our body and leads to many disorders and diseases.
Infertility or subfertility among men is one such outcome of unhealthy lifestyle, and is on a rise these days. There are many biological factors which can affect a person's ability to father a child. However, in this piece I will only discuss the five most common and easily correctable lifestyle related factors, which affect the fertility in men. All these behaviors have the potential to adversely affect sperm production and/or maturation in men leading to poor count and/or quality of sperms. However, if addressed in time, these men can still regain their fertility potential and realise their dream of having baby.
1. Body weight: Obesity has a direct correlation with reduced fertility among both men and women. Unhealthy eating habits, minimal physical activity and genetic predisposition are three most important causes of obesity. Its important to understand that while no one can really address the genetic predisposition, it really are the other factors that allow genes to take an effect. So, if one can ensure having a balanced diet and adequate amount of physical activity, he can still keep the body weight under check.
2. Excessive Caffeine intake: Excessive caffeine intake can affect the sperm motility, thereby reducing the speed of sperms and slowing down their journey inside a woman's body to reach the egg for fertilization. All this can be avoided by simply controlling the intake of caffeine. Please note that caffeine is found not just in coffee, but is present is big amounts in all carbonated and energy drinks. So, the trick is to avoid such drinks as much as possible.
3. Smoking: Smoking leads to DNA fragmentation in the sperms, which increases the risk of miscarriage. Smoking also reduces the sperm motility, thereby reducing its potential to fertilize the egg. Smoking in the woman partner further reduced the fertility potential as it damages the DNA in eggs also. I cant overemphasize on the need to immediately and permanently quit smoking in both the partners. One cant wait till the time they plan a pregnancy for quitting smoking - they have to do it now!
4. Alcohol consumption: Its a myth that one can consume alcohol in moderate amounts and still remain healthy. Even so called "moderate" alcohol consumption, generally defined as 30 - 60 ml per day, has a negative impact on fertility. Alcohol impact the sperm production process, thereby leading to reduced sperm count (called as azoospermia) and also affects the sperm maturation process, thus causing quality issues with sperms.
5. Stress: Its no secret that we live in an increasingly complicated world, which gives us not just physical but also serious mental stress. Mental stress and tension create a cycle of negative emotions and affect all the cognitive functions in the human body. Stress doesn't allow proper erection, which is essential for a successful effort at intercourse. One should try and remain as stress free as possible and can also try stress busters such as Yoga and meditation for a healthier lifestyle.
It doesn't require any magic or medications to help boost a man's fertility potential. These are all simple lifestyle measures everyone can manage on their own. All that is required is to allow the human body to work properly and then live a stress free life. Nature then takes its own course!