Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KanchanYour feedback matters!
I am having a problems wd my periods. They r vry irregular and from last month its not happening. There z some dark brown excretion and I dnt knw why its happening. Cn you pls tell wht z the problem m having.
Hello. Dr.i m nitu. My age 26 year old. Mame merit mc date 13 Oct .ko hui thi. Cycl 28 ka h.lekin abab 11 nov gya. Lenin mere mc ni aai. Maine sex time condom use kiya. Kya m pregnant hu?
I am 20 years old student. I got down on 3rd may but not as normal. The bleeding was very less. Now from 3-4 days I noticed drops of little brown spotting on my panty. I have taken i-pill on 24th April. Is this due to some side effects? From last two months my menstrual cycles are very early. Am I pregnant? Do I need to consult a doctor? Please advice me some medicines to get relief. Please help.
Yesterday my right vaginal lip got swollen very badly and its quite paining, no itching and today I had my menstrual period. Is this a serious issue or common. What should I do now.
I am in my my 6.5th month of pregnancy, my TSH is 1.73 n in one of garbh sanskar lecture it is informed that TSH should be 3 for baby to be intelligent so what should be TSHlevel.
My headache starts during my periods but still today its continue. My eyes also get pain when I go in sunlight. I have acidity too.
there was leakage, wetness n ejection during sex act but no stage there was penetration and all time both had clothes on body. Does such act result in pregnancy?
I have period prblm because of PCOD from last one year. I also completed the treatment but problem still their. And my weight is also increase. What should I do?
What doe it mean by low lying placenta in 14 weeks of pregnancy? Is it risky? What is the precautions?
Heavy pain in my vagina during intercourse. I have been diagnosed with water cysts in my vagina and have PCOS. Is the pain related to PCOS. My husband is very angry since I am not able to give pleasure to him due to this pain? I am 26 years old.
If there is light bleeding with white discharge ; the white discharge is white in colour and it is odourless and there is no pain during urine and blding has been there for around 6 days plzzz sugest me how to stop it and please sugest is it a vaginal infection?
6 pregnancy complications you need to know about
The biggest wish of a to be mother's mind is a smooth and safe pregnancy. One of the ways you can deliver your baby safely is by being aware of the complications that may arise during this period and taking precautionary measures to reduce your chances of developing them.
Here are the 6 pregnancy complications that you need to know about?
Preeclampsia is a condition that normally occurs after the 20th week and is characterized by high blood pressure, kidney abnormalities and the presence of protein in your urine. Most of the time, symptoms are mild, which can be easily resolved with proper care. But the condition can progress quickly, causing several of your organs to not function properly and even proving to be life-threatening.
2. Gestational diabetes
Gestational diabetes happens when hormonal changes during this period hamper your body's use of insulin. As a consequence, the insulin hormone is unable to normalize blood sugar levels, leading to abnormally high blood sugar levels. While the condition is not usually a cause of concern for the mother, it can pose several health problems for the baby, more specifically, the occurrence of macrosomia (a condition wherein the baby has an abnormal body weight).
3. Premature labor
You're said to suffer from premature labor or preterm labor if you experience regular contractions that lead to your cervix dilating and effacing before the 37th week. Preterm birth can prove dangerous for the baby, not to mention make it prone to several health problems. In order for it stay alive and be healthy, you child needs to reach its full maturity before birth.
4. Ectopic pregnancy
When the fetus develops outside the womb, more specifically in the fallopian tube, a condition known as ectopic pregnancy is said to occur. It is highly important to put a stop to this pregnancy complication as it the developing embryo might bring about the rupturing of the fallopian tube, and may result in internal bleeding.
5. Placenta previa
The condition of placenta previa sees your placenta occupying a very low position in the uterus, most commonly, adjacent to or over your cervix. If the placenta continues to be at this position during the whole course of the pregnancy, it can lead to bleeding as well as other complications.
6. Low amniotic fluid
It is the fluid-filled amniotic sac that supports and protects your baby in the womb. It is said that about 4% of pregnant women worldwide experience low amniotic fluid levels during their pregnancy. This condition is also known as oligohydramnios. When this happens, labor is usually induced as you come close to the end of your pregnancy.
She is about 41age she want to conceive now. Her husband age about 30aged. Is she can conceive. If yes how is it? They marriage about 4 years, they are trying but they could not. They also take consult with doctors but still no symptoms. Is there any alternate process please let them help.
I am 28 year old and I feel I may have conceived, reason being we tried hard in order to conceive. Today is 32th day and no signs of period. Could you please advise on below queries considering above factors- 1. I am experiencing trouble from past 3-4 days with loose motion, gases and indigestion. Can I take some common medicine available in medical shops for loose motion n indigestion? 2. Is it okay to eat fish/chicken if I really may have conceived? 3. Are these some kind of symptoms of pregnancy?
Firstly my periods are nt regular second I cry alot bcs of my parents relationship and I don't get success in anything I do bt I do exercise and yoga is it all interrelated? I even have joint pains in knees and hands.
My wife's esr level is very high which is 85. Does it effect in pregnancy? how can I reduce its level?
After period having pain and feeling like discharging something but there is no blood at all? What to do?
The Ayurvedic body of knowledge relies on the rhythms and functions of the body to find the root cause of ailments. The digestive tract or system is one of the most important organs of the body. The entry and accumulation of Ama or toxins can lead to an imbalance in the way the small and large intestines functions along with various other participating organs like the liver and more. As per Ayurveda, the digestive fires or Agni also need to be produced in appropriate amounts.
So how can you understand and take care of your digestive system, the Ayurvedic way? Here's our take on the matter:
- Types of Agni: The digestive system has four kinds of Agni or fire that keeps it in working condition. The Jathar Agni ensures that hydrochloric acid is being produced in the stomach which directly affects the thyroid gland. The Bhuta Agni takes care of the bile acid formation in the liver. The Kloma Agni manages the pancreatic enzymes that help in digesting and absorbing sugar properly. And finally, the Dhatu Agni takes care of the tissue transformation in this entire process and region. A weak state of any of the four Agnis will lead an imbalance and food will not be digested properly.
- Doshas and Agni: As per Ayurvedic science, the state of your Agni and its strength depends on the four Doshas and the one that afflicts your being. In Vata and Kapha Dosha patients, the Agni will be weak which will lead to a 'cold' digestive system where the food will not be digested properly. This can lead to constipation in the long run as well as loose motions and gas. In case there is a Pitta Dosha, the raging fire of Agni will be unbearable, which can lead to acid reflux disease and chronic acidity as well as heartburn.
- Herbs and Spices: The use of herbs and spices while cooking can greatly cool or revive the Angi, depending on your Dosha. Ingesting a sliver of ginger along with lemon juice can help in warming the cold fire of the Agni, along with other aroma releasing spices like cardamom, pepper and licorice. Further, saliva and enzyme secretion can happen with these spices too. Also, these herbs can ensure that your digestion does not work overtime or create excess heat.
- Ama: Using hing to season your meals can also help in better digestion of food and less accumulation of Ama or toxins.
One needs to know the state of the Agni in the body and regulate the diet and routine with proper sleep and food intake patterns, for a well-functioning digestive system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
11 Symptoms of Kidney Diseases
Kidney problems, although take a longer time to develop, they end up being silent killers. There are no obvious signs for months and the symptoms crop up when it's rather late.
Many younger people these days are getting diagnosed with kidney problems. This is primarily due to drinking alcohol, smoking, bad eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. About 60% people who have diabetes or hypertension develop kidney problems eventually.
Therefore, it is advised to be aware of what harms your kidneys and take adequate care to keep them healthy.
Watch out for any of these symptoms early on.
1. Urine Color - This is probably the first symptom and unfortunately affects many people around us. With the way our lifestyles are, this is becoming an increasing concern. Urine becomes dark and there is a need to urinate yet, one is unable to do so.
2. Urine Infection - Second would be when you feel pain or difficulty while urinating. The infections in the urinary tract induce their symptoms of pain or burning during urination. If this infection spreads to the kidneys, one can feel pain in the back.
3. Blood In Urine - If there is blood in your urine, it is a sign of renal illness. While this could be happening because of various reasons, it is advisable to see your doctor soon.
4. Water Retention - The function of the kidney is to take out the extra liquid and the waste from our body. When this process is not smooth, water will stay back and cause your face, limbs and/or ankle joints to swell.
5. Weakness - Severe exhaustion would mean minimized oxygen being delivered to the cells, causing weakness in general. This is also one of the symptoms that your kidney needs medical attention.
6. Temperature Variance - If your kidney is unwell, one of the symptoms is that you will feel the chill even when the temperature is actually warm.
7. Skin Breakout - Since an unfit kidney means waste in the body is piling up, it causes the skin to break out and cause severe irritation and rashes.
8. Rise of Blood Urea Level - When the kidney is unwell, it increases the level of urea in the blood. This causes breakdown of the urea into ammonia in the spit, causes it to smell foul, like urine/metal.
9. Nausea - Waste accumulating in the blood adds up to causing nausea and vomiting.
10. Breathlessness - One can also feel the lack of breath if the condition of the kidney worsens.
11. Discomfort or Pain - Some people have been known to have bodily pains, an instant discomfort that spreads from the lower back to the groin. This usually means that there is a stone in the kidney.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms