Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanchan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KanchanYour feedback matters!
A breast lump is a restricted swelling, projection, lump, or knot in the breast that doesn't feel like a breast tissue. There are diverse reasons why breast lumps occur.
Not all lumps are cancer. These can also be breast conditions that are not harmful and which can be easily curable.Knots that feel harder or are not the same as the rest of the breast need to be checked. This kind of irregularity might be an indication of breast cancer.
A self-examination should be your starting point. This is how you can detect a lump on your own:
Step 1: Begin by taking a look at your breast in the mirror. Keep your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips.
This is what you need to search for:
- Breasts that are their typical size, shape, and shading
- Breasts that are uniformly formed without distortion or swelling
In the event that you see any of the changes mentioned below, convey them to your doctor:
- Dimpling, puckering, or protruding of the skin
- A nipple that is not in its initial position
- Redness, rash or swelling
Step 2: Now, raise your arms and look for the changes mentioned above.
Step 3: While you're in front of the mirror, search for any indications of liquid or blood discharge from the nipples.
Step 4: Next, examine your breasts while resting.Use Your right hand to feel your left breast and use your left hand to feel your right breast. Cover the whole breast from your collarbone to the highest point of your mid-region, and from your armpit to your cleavage to search for any lumps.
Step 5:Examine your breasts while either standing or sitting. Many women find that the easiest approach to examine their breasts is when their skin is wet, so this step could be done while taking a bath as well.
- Mammogram: Mammography is a technique using X-rays to diagnose and locate tumours of the breasts.
- Breast ultrasound: Breast ultrasound utilises sound waves to create pictures of the breasts from the inside.
- Breast MRI:This involves using an effective and attractive field, and radio frequency pulses to create photos of the insides of the breasts.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy: During this sort of biopsy, utilising ultrasound imaging to discover the bump, a radiologist will give you anesthesia and afterward insert a needle into the lump to evacuate some tissue for assessment under a magnifying lens. Stereotactic biopsy and an X-ray-guided biopsy may also be used.
- In case the knot turns out to be cancerous, surgery is typically performed.
- You may have a few discussions with different doctors for additional treatment, including radiation treatment and chemotherapy or hormone treatment.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi my periods not happening properly the thing is I had unprotected sex on this month 8th also I took I pill tablet within 6 hours after the the sex, and my periods was supposed to happen today and it's not happening properly as before I used to get, I got a bit bleeding and am worried that am I going to be pregnant. Give me the proper answer and the suggestion.
This must always be under control. Over eating is just unnecessary fat for the body and insufficient eating will cause your metabolism to slow down.
In your mind you must have a certain goal which you want to attain drop 10 kg's, beach body, fat stomach, bigger biceps they're all part of your body goals.
Make sure your diet contains enough green leafy veggies, lean protein, carbohydrates and a certain amount of fat. Even the occasional dessert and cheat meal should be incorporated in your diet.
No matter how often you eat right, how many hours of sleep you get and whether or not you count calories, until and unless your exercise daily you'll never be able to have a totally healthy lifestyle.
The first step towards a long term healthy lifestyle is frequency. It takes 21 days to form a habit, after that it seems just natural. You need to be frequent and consistent to attain such long term goals.
It helps boost the metabolic rate, reduce the belly fat and can lower the risk of various diseases. Try to drink at least 3-5 cups of green tea every day. Plus its 0 calories, so what's the harm?
This one's the best way to eat healthy and avoid junk food. By cooking at home you know exactly what you're eating and you're well aware of what nutrients go into your mouth. Plus it's the easiest way to maintain a balanced diet (since the balance is in your hands now)!
You need inspiration to maintain long term success. It could be from apparent weight loss, from reading a book about healthy living or even by watching someone maintain a healthy lifestyle. This can't be done by mindlessly following some diet!
Sometimes envying others might help you get the best results. When you envy someone for their clean eating habits or perfect body, you will probably want to achieve that yourself - which will be your biggest motivator for long term success.
You will literally wake up one day and decide you want to start living a healthy lifestyle! it's time to kick start everyday towards making these healthy changes.
Losing weight safely:
Who doesn't want to shed 5 kgs in a month? but you can't do this by starving yourself or going on a detox where you just eat fruits and drink water! that's totally unhealthy. It is essential to let your weight loss journey take its time, so that you have long lasting results.
Mental and physical health goes hand in hand. It is important that you focus on strengthening your mind as well, not only you body. Falls in metal health will eventually affect your physical health as well!
From carbs to protein to minerals, each and every nutrient is essential for maintaining a healthy diet as well as to perform normal bodily functions. Eating everything in the right proportion will promote a long lasting healthy lifestyle.
Observe what changes you are making, divide them into healthy and unhealthy changes and then continue with only the healthy changes. Your observation skills will help you get rid of the unnecessary and unhealthy changes instantly.
You need to promise yourself you're going to stick to this new lifestyle no matter how hard it gets! promise yourself to eat healthier every day, to exercise a little more everyday and definitely promise yourself to stay away from the unhealthy goodies!
Raw foods are the best form of food you can get! they help prevent diseases, give your body a lot of energy and contain essential vitamins and minerals.
Sleeping for 6-8 hours every night is a requirement for proper body function! it's the time your body needs to recuperate, repair your muscles and even improves your mood. Exercise and good eating are useless without sufficient sleep.
Tips like these will really help and motivate your to manage a long term successful healthy lifestyle. Take tips from experts, from dietitians and even from people you look up to for inspiration you never know which trip does the trick.
You need to understand what your body needs, how much weight you need to gain/lose to be fit (not skinny, not thin- but fit) and how often you should exercise. It is important to understand nutritional facts on packaged items and what goes into your body. Understanding is essential for better results!
Yes lean protein and meats are important, but you can't have a balanced diet unless you're eating enough green leafy vegetables. Incorporate them in every meal!
Weight cannot be defined as per your weighing scale or bmi. Your focus cannot be how can I lose weight you need to focus on how you can continue with your healthy lifestyle.
Go for extreme activity classes like zumba, cross fit, army circuit training, power yoga and other such high intensity activities! it's a good change from your usual workout and will probably have more effective results.
From increased flexibility to increased strength, from meditating to improving bone health; yoga has all round benefits which are only going to improve your lifestyle.
Zero dieting policy:
You cannot diet (and I mean not eating at all) to lose weight and look thin. Starving and minimal eating doesn't help you to maintain a long term healthy lifestyle. Your diet must be full of rich foods.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
Hello doctor, I hv autoimmune disorder along with suffering from pcod problem, please suggest me some medicine and test for further treatment.
I am 19 weeks pregnant. I was train the crowded train yesterday and while getting down I got hard punches in my stomach. Though there is no bleeding or severe pain, I am too scared as does that punches harmed my baby, s any of body part. please advice.
My wife's period date is 7th of month but this time period is not coming and I was checked urine test for pregnancy but that test was negative then what is the reason why periods are not coming give me reason.
Tea is known for many beneficial properties that it contains. Whether it is black tea, green tea, white tea or any other kind of tea, there are numerous health, home and cosmetic benefits attached to tea. Tea bags once used do not necessarily need be thrown in the trash once they have been dunked and seeped into the boiling water and milk, if you are using any. There are a number of uses which one can derive easily from these tea bags so that one can get glowing skin and varied other health benefits. Read on to know more about the hidden benefits of these tea bags!
- Tea bags for your eyes: The number of antioxidants present in tea makes it ideal when it comes to banishing those under eye bags and dark circles. You could freeze these tea bags in the freezer after you use them and then press them onto your eyes for a few minutes the next day. This will help in visibly lightening the area and clearing the bags that may have formed under the eyes due to long hours spent working and other factors like stress.
- Tea bags for food flavouring: You can use these tea bags to flavor various dishes as well. That’s right this can be used as a robust condiment with pasta, grains and chicken. You can use these tea bags in the water which will be used to boil grains and pasta so that the flavor can get infused in these ingredients. You can use flavored tea bags like chamomile and cinnamon to make a difference to the dish that you are preparing.
- Tea bags in the garden: Whether you have a large garden, a small patch or a few pots that grow herbs and other smaller flowers and vegetables, you can easily use tea bags in the water that you use for watering these plants. This will help in preventing the onset of any kind of fungal infection as far as the plants go. You can also use these bags as ingredients for your comps bins so that you have natural fertilizer containing the rich goodness of tea as well.
- Tea bags to deal with odours: Tea bags can be placed in muslin bags and hung from various rods and placed in corners, to act as a deodourising agent. You can also place these tea bags inside the refrigerator so that you eliminate the various scents and odors that are not too pleasant.
- Tea bags for cleaning: You can also use these tea bags to clean your rugs and carpets. These can be frozen before they are opened and the dried tea leaves can be spread over the various stains before being brushed away. The stains will also lighten gradually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.