Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi, Am 23 years old. I had sex with my boy friend two month ago. And I got monthly period in this two month even then I feel like am pregnant. Is it possible to be pregnant now ?
I am suffering from irregular menstruation problem. So wat should I do so that I overcome dis problem?
The burning sensation only affects my hands and feet. It starts when I am trying to go to sleep and it also wakes me up during the night. I either use a fan or cold, wet, rags to help ease it. There are times that nothing helps. Some nights I can not sleep at all. What do you call this and what can be done for it?
I recently went through an abortion through suction method 20 days back. Can you tell me some medicines for getting relief from pain (as I get pain often). Medicines that my 2 doctors wrote are not worth working. I am having bleeding also. Suggest me some medicine to stop bleeding also.
Hello doctor my is suffering with monthly periods with irregularities kindly help me, we have some many doctors but the problem continues.
Hi. I have missed my period this month on 10th Jan. On 15th Jan I have tested with home pregnancy kit named prega-news. It was showing only one line. That's mean it was negative. Today we had again a test by using a home pregnancy kit named I-can. It is showing two lines. But one line is very light to see. Its not a deep line. What is it signifying. Positive or negative. Pls guide.
Continuous pressure on skin often results in injuries to the underlying tissues, causing what are generally known as skin sores. Though they generally occur in areas that cover bony areas like hips, ankles and tail bones, the part below the waist is most susceptible to them.
There are multiple reasons that cause bed sores. Some common causes include:
- Poor nutrition
However there are other more important causes that contribute to this disease. They are:
1. Constant pressure: Continuous immobility often causes pressure on the skin that further damages it and the underlying tissues. Tail bone, hip bone, ankles and heels are more prone to bed sores due to lack of movement. However similar damage is also detected in elbows, spine and ribs.
2. Friction: The friction that is caused when the skin rubs against another surface or when two layers of skin rub against each other, those that were moving in two opposite directions also result in bedsores. Sudden sliding down the chair or being transferred from a bed to a stretcher are common reasons behind it.
3. Excessive moisture: Bed sores are also caused by excessive moisture that softens the skin and also reduces its resistance. Profuse perspiration and unchecked urination are important causes. If untreated immediately there are plenty of complications that arise from this disease. Few of them are:
- Infections: Skin sore causes multiple infections on the body like Cellulitis and Osteomyelitis. Cellulitis results in painful, red swelling of the skin that often oozes out fluid. On the other hand in Osteomyelitis, an infection is caused in the bone resulting in swelling over the affected area. Blood infection called Bacteremia is also caused due to skin sores.
- Septic arthritis: In this there is severe pain and swelling of a joint making it hot, red and tender.
- Meningitis: Caused by the infection of the fluid around brain and spine, this disease causes severe headache with stiff neck and nausea.
- Squamous Skin cancer: This occurs if the skin sores remain unchecked for a long period of time. In this, the skin feels patchy and often bleeds.
Hi, Can I follow my light jogging and running routine after I am pregnant? Please suggest what all exercises can I include in my daily regime to keep myself fit?
I usually get red spots after having metal spas during my monthly cycles due to pain. please suggest other medicine.
My mother aged 45 had a problem of heavy period bleeding after which she consulted a gynae and she gave her primolut n medicine which controlled the condition. Few days back consulted another gynaecologist. She wrote some tests such as pelvic ultrasound, pap smear, endometrial biopsy .the results of the tests came clear. Only ultrasound shown bulky uterus with small fibroids and level of prolactin serum high .after which she suggested some vitamin medicines and said to continue primolut n only from 5th day of month. She stopped taking primolut. And after 2-3 days again the problem of abdomen pain and bleeding is happening. Please help and suggest some solution immediately.
We are in IUI treatment. Doctor asked my wife to take susten tablet vaginally nd asked to do intercourse also. When I have to do intercourse? Before insertion of susten tablet or after taking susten tablet?
Ayurveda is a field where the medicinal properties of the various herbs used has been proven scientifically, over the years. This ancient life science, also brings in a knowledge base that can help in treating a variety of ailments. Sexual dysfunction is one such ailment, which can leave a person with a less than stellar sex life. The various phases of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement and gratification can suffer due to such ailments which can prevent any or all phases from occurring in the first place. The disorders can affect the ejaculation, potency, orgasm and arousal as well.
There are variety of herbs that act as aphrodisiacs in Ayurveda and can help in treating sexual disorders in males and females, as follows:
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg powder and extract can be used by men, who are suffering from sexual dysfunction. It can also increase the potency and the libido of the male patients who ingest it. This herb can also be used by women who are experiencing lack of libido and stimulation. Many women in Africa have used this herb since ancient times to build better sexual health.
- Date palm pollen: The pollen from date palms can help in increasing the sperm count of the male patient who has a low sperm count. This aphrodisiac also improves male fertility.
- Ashwagandha: This is a good aphrodisiac for both male and female patients who are undergoing sexual disorders. It can help in sexual stimulation even as it fixes issues like lack of libido and erectile dysfunction.
- Fadogia agrestis: This herb can help in increasing the testosterone level, which is responsible for better sexual stimulation and other sexual functions in male patients.
- Lepidium meyenii: This is a herb that has originated in Peru and is also known as Maca. This herb can help in fixing infertility in male and female patients. It contains various elements like sterols, campesterol and sitosterol among many others that can improve fertility.
- Saffron: This herb is known to boost the libido by leaps and bounds and is even used to garnish a hot glass of milk just before bedtime, as it acts as a good aphrodisiac when combined with milk. A strand or two can work wonders, as per Ayurvedic practices.
- Passion Flower: This is considered as a good aphrodisiac because it helps in reducing anxiety and stress, which can soothe a person and create a better environment for stimulation and excitement. It can be used by male and female patients alike.
There are many herbs as per Ayurveda, which can be used as aphrodisiacs in order to cure sexual disorders. These can be taken on a regular basis, in moderation.
Hi, I am a mom of a 6 months old baby. I had a c-section in october and still I am feeling pain in my knees, legs. I am not able to fold my knees and sit cross-legs because it pains. Can you please help me out with some solution.
Roadside accidents are common and they lead to many health problems in which some may require amputation for removal of one of the limbs to save the life of a person.
Amputation is a life-saving procedure by which a part of the body that has suffered irreversible damage is surgically removed. Amputation is only carried out as a last resort when the infection/ decay spread to the other parts of the body.
Why is this procedure needed?
The most common cause of amputation is blockage of blood circulation. Without blood, the tissues do not get oxygen and begin to decay, and an amputation is carried out to stop the damage from spreading to other tissues. As stated above, an amputation is carried out only as a last resort. The surgeon checks the infected part for the following to make sure that an amputation is required:
- Checking for a pulse close to the region where the cut is to be performed
- Comparing skin temperatures with the affected limb
The surgeon tries to bypass arterial blood from the nearest artery to the affected region to rejuvenate the cells. Some reasons of amputation are:
- Severe injury (extreme burns/ vehicular accidents)
- Cancerous tumor in the bone or muscle
- Serious infection, which has stopped responding to antibiotics
- Thickening of nerve tissue called neuroma
Risks and complications of amputation
Risk of complication is lower in planned amputations than in emergency amputations. In the case of a planned amputation, the surgeon will shape individual muscles for future prosthetic limbs, smooth out rough bones and bone fragments and take care of all the loose ends of the procedure. In emergency amputations, however, the limb is amputated very fast and bleeding is stopped as soon as possible. The following complications may arise as a result of amputation procedures:
- Heart complications
- Venous blood clots
- Slow wound healing or infection of the wound
- Stump or "phantom limb" pain
- Psychological problems