Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kanchan GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I have thyroid from 2 years I want to conceive but trying from 3 years my marriage time is 3.5 years.
You probably think that things can go wrong during a surgery only and not to post surgery. However, you are wrong! The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgeries in the past, before it was known just how deadly an infection could be. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care of yourself after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
- Keep it dry: It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
- Keep the incisions: You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows things better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions, then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
- Check for signs of infection: This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
- Changing a dressing: This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either.
My sister got pcod before 3 years and she got surgery of it but yet she is not getting pregnancy, may I know what is the actual reason of it and what precautions she should take thank you.
I am 38 virgin until wedding. I think I have no STD, I married on 22-05-2015 divorced women of 32 I don't know she is infected from 1st husband one like STDs I think 1) herpes HSV-2 I infected 2) she has small 1-2mm size pimples like puss pimples in her pubic area If you give your mail ID I will send you photos of infection I have small doubt Is there any laboratory test for HSV-2 and HPV.
My wife after sex feels very weak and specially in her legs she feels very pain. She couldn't able to walk tell me what is the reason behind it nd how cure it.
Me and my gf had unprotected sex on 16 morning approx at 10 am and her periods start 1st week of month. I took care that sperm did not enter vagina. Is there any chance to get pregnant. If so what we can do to avoid pregnancy. Reply asap.
Laughter is the best medicine, they say. Apart from making you happy and thawing a potentially anxiety ridden atmosphere, laughter can also promote good health. A deep rooted laughter session once in a while can actually rejuvenate you and give you a dose of health.
If this surprises you, then you need to read the rest of this article to find out how a bout of stress free laughter can help you in the health department. Read on to know more!
- Blood Pressure: Laughing can helping in keeping your blood pressure low, as per various medical studies. This can potentially reduce the risk of falling prey to heart attacks and strokes. The blood pressure will genuinely come down when you laugh heartily, which is especially helpful in situations for patients of hypertension so as to bring down the stress levels.
- Immunity: Did you know that the immune system of the body can get affected by the stress hormone levels? When your brain brings on signals that hint at stress and anxiety, laughter can also help in bringing down the stress levels simply by sharing a joke and laughing about a funny episode with someone close to you. This also gives a boost to the body's immune system. Also, when you laugh really hard, the T cells of the body get activated, which is how the immunity gets a boost so that the next time you are about to catch a cold or flu, the immunity takes over naturally.
- Cardiac Health: Laughter is great for the cardiac health because it helps the heart pump and burns the same number of calories that one would during a long walk. It is a great cardio workout that is ideal for people who are bed ridden due to illness or injury.
- Abs: A long and heartfelt laughter session can actually work your abs as it helps the inactive muscles of the area in contracting and relaxing. This is similar to a moderate work out for the abs. So getting a toned tummy can actually be as easy as having a good laugh.
- Endorphins: The body's natural pain killers reside in the Endorphin hormone. So have a good laugh and release these hormones as a natural side effect of laughing hard. This can help in reliving chronic pain as well.
The best part about laughter is that it generally increases the feel good factor inside you and helps you achieve a more relaxed mind and body where the immunity, heart health and general wellbeing are taken care of. So laugh your way to good health and get a well-functioning immune system with a well-toned body as well.
I am a 50 year old woman who still has her monthly periods (since the age of 9). What can I expect during the onset of a menopause? I don't have any symptoms as such but just want to be aware. How can one prevent wait gain, hot flashes and pain? Does sexual drive go down?
On 3rd day of period had unprotected sex took ipill next day again had unprotected sex during sex had a little bleeding. Now 5 days after taking ipill still didn't get bleeding now what to do am I pregnant when I do urine pregnancy test worried please reply.
I have white water salty discharge from breast. It is serious problem. What is the treatment for it. Pls answer me.
I am suffering with Irregular periods. I heard it is problem in pregnancy time. Please let me know what can I do.
Hello sir, I am 23 years old (male. But I am looking like a 30 years man means a married man with children. Because my face and somewhat my body not slim. Everyone told this to me and laughing. What I have to do? To get fair face and make their laughing stop and stun. Please guide me. Thank you.
Doctor. I'm 24 age old man, me and my girlfriend mates tomorrow. After that we have a confusion about pregnancy. Her last periods is 25th. Is there is any possibility for pregnancy doctor.
My sister is suffering from incontinence since childhood and has not yet recovered. The problem actually arises when she laughs and this has led her to stay away from fun activities. She is ashamed when we ask her to consult a doctor. Our physiotherapist has suggested her some exercises but she says it never works. Are there any other solutions?
Meri girlfriend hai us k sath me sex krna chahta hu Wo Abhi vrgin hai To hme ye to pta hai ki condom use krna chahiye hum ne try bhi kiya 4-5 bar lekin mera pennis uske vagayna me enter nhi ho paya To uski tips dijiye Ye bhi bataye ki Usko pain hoga wo kitna time hoga Blood kitna niklega.
Hello doc I am 26 years married women trying to conceive all our reports are normal this my doc gave me siphene tab during my periods and follicular scan in which two eggs were ruptured of size 20 and 21 on 14 th day and doc gave me duphaston tab from 18 th day of my cycle for 10 days but from 7 days I have watery colourless vaginal discharge and lower back pain and from two days the discharge smell fishy can this affect me being pregnant my last period date was 13th may please help.
Hai doc, my que is that be4 periods my body gets heavier than before n breast becomes tender n heavy n even my clothes gets tighter. Dealing with this prob every mnth.. please tell me any home remedy 4 dis. please Plz am vry worried n don't wanna take any medicine.
Respected Dr. My sister wants to do ivf, she done laparoscopy and historiography and doctor said he has infection of tb but in normal in range she was taken akt in 9 months sr what is percentage of the ivf make successful in this case. And how many times have to repeat the ivf to make successful please sr give me guidance thanks.
In recent years, turmeric benefits have captured the attention of Western scientists and herbalists. However, this herb held a place of honor in India's traditional Ayurvedic medicine because they have always known the magical medicinal powers of turmeric.
Before we delve into the health benefits of turmeric, including the possible side effects of turmeric, we would like to share with you a little about its healing history and traditional turmeric benefits.
Turmeric is a perennial shrub that is grown in India and other tropical areas of Asia. It was long used as a hot yellow spice to flavor Indian cuisine. In addition, it was added to a variety of mustards to give them a potent "bite."
In India's traditional Ayurvedic medicine turmeric was a symbol of prosperity - it was considered a whole body cleansing herb. Medically, it was used as an aid for digestive disturbances and as a treatment for fever, infections, dysentery, arthritis, jaundice and other liver problems.
The traditional Chinese physicians also used turmeric medically to treat liver and gallbladder problems, stop bleeding, and relieve chest congestion and menstrual discomforts.