Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanchan Chaudhary
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanchan ChaudharyYour feedback matters!
Please answer my question like when I work anywhere, my habit is to complete it fast, so I took tension all the time. Can you suggest how to come up from that situation or sideline the tension?
The patient is having acute pain near heart, he has a busy schedule and generally gets stressed, so is it normal or something serious that should be get diagnosed completely? Please help I am worried about him.
I am getting frequent memory loss. In a day or two. Today at 12 I logged in to one account by used password. N right now I am trying to relogin in same account. It says you are typing password wrongly. I do not remember wht it was with which I logged in lastly.
Sir, I am 29 years old. I have a baby of 14 months. After delivery still my period has not begin. My symptom of epilepsy was diagnosed 6 month ago. Doctor prescribed valprolcr 500 and folvite. A neuro psychiatrist prescribed nexito10 and lonazep0. 25 along with above medicines. Does my epilepsy has a relation with my mensuration.
What nonsense this sex is, why I always think about it, how can I get rid off, as I see girl a sensation starts in my body, I see all nonsense dream leads to night fall. Please suggest me.
Please suggest some ways to manage anger in teenagers. Who are otherwise sensible but speak very violently in rage.
Do you believe that the world is a hostile place and you are a victim? Are you the one who often doubts his or her abilities? If so, you might be showing signs of low self-esteem. Interestingly, self-esteem has nothing do with your actual ability or talent. Your looks, weight or skills are not responsible for your low self esteem. It largely depends upon the fact that how you value yourself. It has been observed in most cases that self-esteem is often affected by a number of reasons, including ill-health, unpleasant memories from the past, and termination of relationships. Low self-esteem may also be marked in survivors of physical or sexual abuse, victims of racial discrimination or people who have had a traumatic past life.
Having said that, some people may be experiencing low self esteem for reasons far beyond the above two. If you don’t pay attention towards this issue, you might end up developing some other personality issues, or difficulties with thoughts & emotions. Low self-esteem is the root cause behind the occurrence of many emotional or mental difficulties, including depression, or other personality issues. However, there is nothing to worry about it. There are certain simple things that are useful in building up your self-esteem.
Here’s all that you need to do to start believing in yourself and be confident about your capabilities:
- Remember your strong points: Make three separate lists of your strengths; achievements and your qualities that you admire. Take help from your friends, parents and other well-wishers for preparing these lists. These lists will help you in understanding your abilities and goodness. You will be able to believe in your strengths. You must read through these lists at least once daily.
- Be positive: Optimism and a positive approach towards life are the key to success. Your self-esteem is influenced by the fact that how you look at life. Life is not a bed of roses. It is unavoidable that you will have to face critical situations or problems in life. But, what is important is to face them with courage and a faith in your own abilities. Be positive and stop developing negative thoughts about yourself. Get rid of thoughts like ‘I am a loser’; ‘I can’t get rid of this problem’; etc.
- Take care of your body: Your outward appearance sometimes works wonders in lifting up your inner-self and spirits. Keep yourself clean, and maintain overall personal hygiene to develop a feeling of goodness. Invest time in working on how you'd like to present yourself.
- Sleep well: A good night’s sleep is essential for boosting up your self - esteem.
- Eat right: A balanced diet is a key to good health. Eating the right food in the right way keeps your mental and physical health all right. Include minerals and vitamins in your regular meals. Avoid distractions like television or radio while taking meals.
- Exercise: Regular workouts keep you away from mental-ill health.
- Be cool and comfortable first: When it comes to your dressing, try to put on attires that you can carry well. Wear stuffs that you love the most.
Lastly, don't shy away from talking to a professional counsellor to resolve your self esteem issues. Some think of counselling as a sign of weakness or embarrassment. In reality, seeking help is a sign of strength and your effort towards bringing about a change in your life. A trained psychologist can not only help you overcome the past, but also help you learn the appropriate skills for positive behaviours, boosting your self confidence.
Dear doctors I have a serious problem and its causing depression and anti social symptoms in me. My problem is that whenever I start talking with a girl I unintentionally look towards there neck and chest. I try to not look as much as I can but my eyes seem to go over there again and again while having face to face conversation and then the girl also notices me looking n then they start adjusting, which is very embarrassing for me. Then I feel embraced and stop talking with them. I do not know this effect has come to me suddenly. Before I was not like this. And slow and steadily the problem has increased. The most embarrassing part. Before it was with girls now its with guys too. I do not know why, I do not have any wrong intension but this is happening to me. Is it a mental or physiological problem. please help me with this problem. Sincere request.
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.