Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Kanak TyagiYour feedback matters!
I like being alone. I avoid company of friends and family. My mind is always occupied with negative thoughts. I do not see my life going anywhere in future. I have considered of committing suicide several times. What is wrong with me?
While I am working on laptop my eyes becomes pain and then got headache. Some times one side of head got ache. Please advice.
My left eye over from 2 day is burning like a hell please suggest me for any good and fast relieving eye drop.
I am having some problem in my eyes at the time of night eye fill some burning in my eyes so please tell me some solution I m tired from this you think you can solve this.
Sir I can not concentrate on one thing at a time, even while studying I can concentrate only for 5minutes max. I start thinking about whatever I see going on in society like if I watch cricket I imagine myself as a best player of the team nd also like a soldier, agent, scientist nd so much other things also. I want to concentrate on my studies at a time. Help me sir.
My eyes get red after my office hours wat may be the reason behind it. I don't have numbers on my eyes but I wear computer eyeware spax. Can you please consult wat may be the main reason behind it?
I am 20 year s old I have eyesight and hair loss problem so please give me suggestions to reduce it.
Can slit lamp detect all types of nystagmus? Like" horizontal gaze nystagmus" vertical" gaze nystagmus" or mainly" latent nystagmus" accurately. Because to detect latent nystagmus one eye should be closed. But on slit lamp my one eye was not closed. How can I confirm that I have not latent nystagmus?
Sir I m Jagdish from Junagadh Gujarat having age of 33 yrs. I m suffering from Allergic Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis from last 10 years. my eyelids are affected most due to this. At the time of severity I m given cortico steroid drops or injection to my eyelids by doctors oftenly. Sir, Is there any permanent solution of this disease ? Hope for your valuable suggestion. Thanking You..
Hi Dr. My head slightly pains every night with a feeling of pain in eyes. Sometimes I feel a very little dizziness too. These r happening frm last one week. I m 28 years old and a bank personnel m using high power myopic lenses Sitting job in front of a computerPrevailing weather conditions are too cold here -abhijit kanpur.
I do not have clear visualization. So doctor have given me lenses for constant use before 2 year. But now I have changed my lenses l. Now I am getting problem to see. Even I checked my eyes but lenses are manufactured correctly. So I think my eye powers are frequently changing. So what can I do for clear visualization? And also which diet should I follow?
From the last night my right eye is painting (very little) and today now when I woke up, I found it red (too much red) and I'm having problem. My eye sight is weak and left eye's sight is weaker than the right one. Please give me some suggestions what should I do.
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.