Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Kamna ChhibberYour feedback matters!
I suffer from anxiety and depression. U feel moody and I eat less. I do not socialise with anybody. It all started after a breakup. Please help me.
Please help me and how to handle egoistic people. M tried and it not working anymore .he never admit mistakes and if I tried to realize him, he getting depressed.
Schizophrenia is a mental illness characterized by disordered thinking, delusions (fixed beliefs that are odd or highly unusual), and hallucinations (hearing sounds and seeing things that don’t exist for others). One of western medical opinion has found that there is chemical balance in the brains of schizophrenics is different from that of people without schizophrenia (CHEMICAL IMBALANCE). Cupping therapy on the back is mainly directed to the central line (spinal nerves and parasympathetic nerves) and the sympathetic nerves beside it and cupping centre on head may be have results in chemical balance.
General and localized effects of this therapy strengthen the healing power against disease and, together with a healthy diet and psychotherapy, cure or prevent disease completely.
Here i am not saying to give any promise, its just my observation on some suffering patients and results. As schizophrenia may have multiple causes behind the sufferer so can be treated according to cause and with others medication too. But my view in such cases is that symptoms treatment should be given preference compare to cause.
I am a second year engineering student. The exam had already knocked on my door and I am over stressed. Thus I am sleep deprived. I have heard that an average healthy adult require 8 hr sleep a night. As I am not getting it, I am unable to concentrate on my studies. So what should I do? Please kindly give me a solution.
I, m 20 year old but i, m not concentrated in our study. please suggest me any idea to focus yr goal.
I was having a boyfriend. Now he left me alone. I love him a lot. I can do anything for him. It's very difficult for me to forget about him and all his memories. I am felling depressed. I started threaten from people's. Whole day I was thinking about him. I am trying to divert my mind. But nothing works. I feel guilty for me or for my family. Why I was crossed my limits for him. I just feel that I should have to myself. Its very difficult for me to overcome from all this. please help me. I started shouting at everyone without any reason. The whole day I feel angry. Every little thing makes me angry. Sometimes I feel that much angry that I kill someone. I fight with all my friends my family. I feel lonely. He never understand my felling. I don't know Wt can I do. He never loved me. We were in a relationship from last three years. But a days he just want to talk about sex. If I talk about the other things. Then he said he's getting bored. Nd last month he said he didn't lv me and broke up with me. I don't know wt to do now. Plzz help me.
People who are constantly troubled by the fear of physical illness or who excessively feel worried about their health are commonly referred to as hypochondriacs. This phenomenon is called somatic symptom disorder, also known as hypochondria or hypochondriasis. Despite the evidence of medical tests proving that they do not suffer from any disease or illness, hypochondriacs are perpetually worried about their health. This is mainly because of their misinterpretation of minor health problems or normal body functions as something serious. Somatic symptom disorder affects both males and females equally, and it usually happens during early adulthood.
Causes and symptoms: Their complaints may range from minor issues like pain or stress to more serious problems concerning breathing or headaches. Hypochondriacs rarely try to deceive themselves, and they genuinely believe that they have health problems, however unrealistic their beliefs might be. The exact causes are indefinite and unknown, but they generally arise from considerable physical or sexual abuse in their early childhood. Moreover, parents or close relatives suffering from the disorder may also induce such fears into the child, who would eventually behave in a similar pattern later in adulthood.
Diagnosis: Diagnosis of the disorder can be very troublesome, mainly because of their inherent conviction that they are suffering from physical illness. However, the disorder can be treated through proper supportive care or psychotherapy. Antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs are also used sometimes.
Dealing with the disorder: Hypochondria can often lead to a chronic condition, which can be long lasting. Although there are no definite ways of preventing it, there is one method to reduce the intensity of the symptoms and help patients cope up with the disorder. It is by providing them a supportive and understanding environment, one in which they can fight the distress and trouble that comes along with the somatic symptom disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Hi doctors. I'm 28 yr old male, i'm facing a lot of problems at this age. My head is paining all the day and i'm getting angry on everyone who is around me, I feel alone, I do masturbate a lot almost everyday, i'm a chain smoker. At Least 20 to 25 cigarettes per day, i'm having problems with my parents. End up with arguments and I'm going to loss my family business too, i'm elder son in my family and I don't have any respect in my family life, many people told me that i'm definitely facing some psychic problems, I do get angry everytime on everyone, my girlfriend thinks i'm psycho, i'm takin everything for granted, which leads me to live an easy life, i'm running from hard work, i'm really very tensed about my future, so I please request you to give me a right path and if you can then please consult me. I'll b thankful to you all.
Depression is a state of mind that adversely affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. It’s becoming an unpleasant existence in everyone’s life these days due to lot of factors such as:
- Competition with Others,
- Desires not getting fulfilled,
- Relationship related concerns,
- Performance Pressures,
- Societal Pressures etc.
In most cases, depression does not have a single cause. Rather, it results from a mix of factors i.e. your genes, events in your past, your current circumstances, and much more.
Depression, like many other behavioral health issues, has complex interacting Biological, Psychological, Social and Environmental contributing factors.
Depression in teenagers is very common owing to hormonal changes and increased stress of coping with studies and the social world. Genetic factors also play an important role in triggering depression in teenagers.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Persistent Sadness: Constant feeling of sadness irrespective of the company.
- Thoughts or attempts of suicide: Thinking that suicide will solve all problems.
- Fatigue: A state of decreased energy levels.
- Helplessness and Hopelessness: Living with a though that nothing will ever get better.
- Loss of interest in daily activities: Lack of interest in your hobbies, your favourite pastimes or social activities, or sex etc.
- Appetite or weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain.
- Sleeping disorders: Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping.
- Irritability: Low tolerance level.
- Loss of energy: Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained.
- Self-loathing: Feeling of worthlessness or guilt.
- Concentration Issues: Trouble focusing or remembering things.
Homeopathy For Depression-
Homeopathic remedies for depression in teenagers are no different from those used for treating depression in adults.
In the initial stages or in the milder forms or in people who are not aware of the disease, depression can go unidentified till its implications become too obvious. People often overlook it as a mere low mood or some start assuming it as a part of their psychological makeup. Even families or spouse start accommodating accordingly, thereby making identification of depression all the more difficult. Homeopathic treatment for depression is great form of alternative medicine and natural therapy for depression.
Advantages of using Homeopathy for Depression:
- The best part of homeopathic treatment is that the homeopathic medicines are totally side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- The options in conventional treatments are either to take antidepressant medications or to remain depressed, however, homeopathic medicines are said to be side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- There are lot of medications in homeopathy which are used, post understanding of the behaviour of a person; his/her complete biological and genetic status, his/her existing medical conditions.
- It is always recommended to consult a homeopath and not to go for self-medication, as it requires specific potencies of medicines for them to be effective on the medical condition.
Am 21 years male. Am suffering serious mental torture because I lost my girlfriend. Worst part is my friend who was next to me cheated me. He disclosed my secret relation which I had with another girl.
My medication is not working. I have been through therapuetic analysis but it did not work. I have rage attacks although I am on medication help please.
I got many failures in my life. Now, I don't feel to do much in my life. However I want to become very successful in my life. I hear noises of people who has given me taunts in the past. What should I do? I am under psychiatrist treatment since 2013.
Depression is one of those experiences when one may feel sad, lonely, dejected and discouraged. Doubt, anxiety and uncertainty crawl in so much so that they may lead to problems in decision making. A depressed person feels devoid of energy and the motivation to do anything at all seems to have disappeared.
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
So if depression is badly ruining your sex life, doing these will help big time:
- Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
- Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Ask your doctor to adjust medication In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.