Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamlesh MishraYour feedback matters!
Cucumbers are scientifically known as Cucumis sativus and belong to the same botanical family as melons. Cucumbers have not received as much press as other vegetables in terms of health benefits, but this widely cultivated food provides us with a unique combination of nutrients. At the top of the phytonutrient list for cucumbers are its cucurbitacins, lignans, and flavonoids. These three types of phytonutrients found in cucumbers provide us with valuable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits.
Health Benefits of Cucumber
1. Protect Your Brain
Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health. In addition to improving your memory and protecting your nerve cells from age-related decline, fisetin has been found to prevent progressive memory and learning impairments in mice with Alzheimer's disease.
2. Reduce Your Risk of Cancer
Cucumbers contain polyphenols called lignans (pinoresinol, lariciresinol, and Seco iso lariciresinol), which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers. They also contain phytonutrients called cucurbitacins, which also have anti-cancer properties.
3. Fight Inflammation
Cucumbers may help to 'cool' the inflammatory response in your body.
4. Antioxidant Properties
Cucumbers contain numerous antioxidants, including the well-known vitamin C and beta-carotene. They also contain antioxidant flavonoids, such as quercetin, apigenin, luteolin, and kaempferol, which provide additional benefits.
5. Freshen Your Breath
Placing a cucumber slice on the roof of your mouth may help to rid your mouth of odor-causing bacteria.
6. Manage Stress
Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
7. Support Your Digestive Health
Cucumbers are rich in two of the most basic elements needed for healthy digestion: water and fiber. If you struggle with acid reflux, you should know that drinking water can help suppress acute symptoms of acid reflux by temporarily raising stomach pH; it's possible that water-rich cucumbers may have a similar effect.
Cucumber skins contain insoluble fiber, which helps add bulk to your stool. This helps food to move through your digestive tract more quickly for healthy elimination.
8. Maintain a Healthy Weight
Cucumbers are very low in calories, yet they make a filling snack (one cup of sliced cucumber contains just 16 calories)
9. Support Heart Health
Cucumbers contain potassium, which is associated with lower blood pressure levels. A proper balance of potassium both inside and outside your cells is crucial for your body to function properly.
Hi am 7 week pregnant lady .but at this time im suffering from heavy sneeze ,sinusitis and nit time cough while am consulting a doctor she prescribed herbex expectorant syrup and cipla tablet for 2 days .shall I use this medicines is it any side effect problem for my baby kindly reply please.
Hi, I was taking contraception tablets and I have stopped that after that I got periods and bleeding went for 15 days. Doctor suggested to take sysron and tablet for 30 days and take 2 tablet per day for 5 days and 25 day each. Now when will I get periods and will I get pregnant soon.
Suppose boy and girl had a sex using condoms, how can sm1 be so assure that condom was not defected? Is der any way to test the pregnancy in less than a week? What should we do if she will miss her periods? Is abortion legal?
I am 22 years old. I lost my virginity 1 month ago I made love with my partner and he came in me. It was 1st time we did it so without condom. I took the ipill in next 3 hrs. The same thing happened that night and I took d pill again next day. It has been 2 weeks ago in which we have not been physical again. Now, when I go to pee, in middle of it I feel a sharp pain and it stops. Due to this, I have to visit the loo more then needed as the bladder is not empty. A drop of blood too flows in the end. Is it something serious or just some infection that can be cured by medicine.
My wife was 3 month pregnant and due to baby not develop has to do abortion. Doctor said may be due to virus. My wife blood O- and my AB+.she has given Anti D injection after Abortion. Now what care we should take in future pregnancy and when can we plan next.
Doctor my baby was born through force delivery with a good weight of 3.4kg, on 17th of January. Now he is 23 days, but for a few days I am observing that he feeds a lot, like continuously for 2-3 hours, and doesn't stop till the time he falls asleep. If stopped he cries continuously, doesn't stop. He also has disturbed sleep. I am worried what is happening to my baby, why he cries so much. Kindly help.
Hello please tell me the safest days for sex. I had sex with a guy many times before my period date that is 20th may 2017. Is there any chances for pregnancy?
I am 23 year female I have started witnessing hair fall from my teenage year when I was 16 n have always been in constant struggle and battle with my hair fall .I am anaemic and have irregular periods as well .this hair fall started with an alopecia patch which never spread again n didn't notice any further but still my hair fall continued though I never have seen many hair falling down but there s loss in allot of volume which is visible now .have never undergone any treatment it's only home remedies and my hair during this struggle used to get recovered .but now at this stage I feel tht it's not getting recovered at all whatever I try to do .kindly tell me wht could be the reason behind my this constant problem .and what should I do so that I come across a stop in this hair fall battle permanently.
My mom is in 45 years age & suffering in menstrual period time due to heavy bleeding & blood clots, please Give us a solution.
I had released sperm in my partner so how should I stop her to get pregnant? Nd 2 days before I have done it.
Hi. Last cycle I underwent follicular study .and on my 12th day it was 11 mm. Post wic it dint grow. I used siphene tablets from day two. Could you tell me the reasons for not growing.
Hi. I am 10 weeks 6 days preg. My hcg is doubling in 48 hours. But for safer side doc suggested me to take hcg 5000 iu injection weekly. 1. Pls confirm till what time I should take hcg injection or should I stop it? 2) baby heartbeat at 9 weeks 6 days is 168 bpm. Is it on higher side? 3) doc has suggested double marker test 10 weeks 5 days. Is it the correct time to go for the same? 4) m taking susten sr 300 mg twice. Is it sufficient dose? 5) m taking bigomet sr 500 mg twice daily as I have pcod. And till what time I should take bigomet and when to stop? 6) also m taking bharglob in every three weeks (immunoglobulin) and enoxaparin 40 mg daily as I had 3 previous miscarriage at 6 weeks.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset.