Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamlesh Mishra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamlesh MishraYour feedback matters!
My son has a problem of caf paining, therefore doctor test his blood, then test shown cpk level is very high 450, what should I do, there is any treatment for this please suggest me.
During periods I felt lots of pain. I have diagnosed with adenomyosis. I take hormones pills for 21 days. My condition is in control. Taking hormones pills harmful for long run?
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Im 21 years old female. I had sex in september 26th and took unwanted 72 pill. I got my periods on 9th and 29th october i.e. Twice in a month. So in november I should get it again as its already 29th of november and my menstrual cycle is regular. Im worried. Am I pregnant? Should I wait fr a week or go fr a pregnancy test at home? Pls reply as soon as possible. thanks.
I am 30 years female, I am having irregular periods. I am not having thyroid problem, my scan report is normal. My weight is 62. Please send solution for this problem. I am having this problem from starting itself. When I take meprate only I got periods.
I am 24 years old. I married since 21 june 2013. I have secondary amenorrhoea since 2 years before my marriage. I try to conceive since 3 yrs. I went to several clinics for treatment. I diagnosed as pcos. I took glucofage 850 mg tid, folic acid and aspirin. Now my pc controlled. My weight was 90 kg and now 70 kg. I took many medication for ovulation and hyperstimulation as tab clomid and inj hmg but I didn't ovulate. Last period 27 April 2016 I took tab tamoxifen tid for 5 days from day 2. Then I took 150u inj hmg in day 8 and 150u in day 9. After that my follicle not reached needed size. Dr. increased dose and she gave me 150u inj hmg day 11 and 75U in day 12 than my follicle reached to max size and gave me inj hcg 10000u in day 14. After 2 day I get abdomen distended and pelvic pain. I went to doc. I get ohss mild then became moderate. I admitted in hospital for 2 days with oral fluid intake; inj ceftrixem and inj clean. I still under treatment. I have query? Can I get pregnancy this month?
Is there any way to check pregnancy in home? And is contraceptive pill is available in medical store without doctor prescription? Kindly suggest me asap, thanks.
Hello everyone. I am getting cheesy white discharge from last 2-3 days. I am. Married and had sex till 9th day of my cycle. I want to know the reason of heavy discharge as it might be pregnancy or some sort of infection however I am not having any itching or burning but having a little bit pain during sex, sometime only. Please help me as I don't want to get pregnant so early. Should I consult gynecologist?
‘Probiotic’ is one of the most popular word in health food industry today. The health food and grocery stores today are full of options on probiotic food and drinks. The literal meaning of probiotic is ‘for life’. Probiotics in scientific terms are microorganisms who provide enormous health benefits when consumed. In normal terms, they are friendly bacteria needed for our body to maintain a healthy gut.
Yogurt is one such super healthy food made by adding friendly bacteria to the milk. Doctors recommend eating a bowl of yogurt (400 gms) every day. Being a dairy product, Yogurt is not only packed with Calcium and Protein, it is also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, B2, B12, Riboflavin, Potassium, Phosphorous and Magnesium.
Let’s now look at some well researched health benefits of yogurt:
Yoghurt is effective in the prevention of Osteoporosis. This calcium rich food serves great benefits when fortified with Vitamin D. Look for yogurt with a boost of vitamin D as consumption of Calcium and vitamin D on a regular basis can aid in the prevention of Osteoporosis.
Many of us need to consume antibiotics in sickness to eliminate the infection. However, antibiotics not only kill disease causing, but good bacteria as well. Thus, it is very beneficial to consume yogurt especially when on antibiotics to help our body replenish lost nutrients and good bacteria.
Yogurt has now emerged as a beauty ingredient. A lot has been said about yogurt and weight management as well as its skin care benefits. A lot of beauty products now boost of yogurt goodness. Eat Yogurt and apply a yogurt mask for a spotless glowing skin!
Yogurt can leave you feeling full for long as it has high-quality protein. Thus, it can be a great snacking option. These days, yogurt occupy a big place in the food industry. We have many options over the counter from frozen yogurt, sweetened or flavored ones, smoothies to thick Greek yogurts. Though they are all great options to have, it is important to go for trusted brands and read the ingredients before you buy. Nutritionists, however, recommend fresh homemade yogurt over the ready-made ones to reap their maximum benefits.
There are many ways to add variety to your yogurt bowl every day. Whip it up with some fresh fruits; add ground flax seeds or nuts for a boost of Omega-3. Blend it with some natural honey and muesli for a perfect healthy smoothie.
Say cheers to good health with a bowl of yogurt every day! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.