Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kamini KapoorYour feedback matters!
Almost 8 out of 10 individuals have low back pain eventually in life. It is one of the top reasons people look for medical treatment. It is likewise the number one reported reason for acupuncture therapy.
Acupuncture started in China over 2,500 years back. It includes inserting slim needles at specific points on the body. As per traditional Chinese practices, the body has more than 2,000 of these points. They are associated by pathways or meridians, which make a stream of energy called Qi (pronounced "chee").
The impacts originate from the centre of our nervous system. Release of chemicals into the muscles, spinal rope, and cerebrum is then triggered.
- To begin with, your acupuncturist will get some information about your medical history. This will help him in exploring the various trouble giving points as avoiding those that may lead to an aggravation of the problem. Also, with this information, the acupuncturist will also be able to arrive at the exact treatment that will suit your body and system, as well as the symptoms that you may be experiencing.
- He or she will then examine your tongue's shape, shading, and covering, feel your heartbeat, and perhaps play out some extra physical examinations depending upon your health. This helps in understanding the various patterns related to sleep, exercise, diet and digestion. In keeping with these findings, the acupuncturist will then home in on the exact points that require treatment.
- Keeping the aforementioned in mind, he/she will then appoint the appropriate treatment plan to address your specific condition.
- To start the needle therapy treatment, you lay easily on a treatment table while exact acupoints are determined on different points of your back.
- Lastly, the fine needles are then tenderly set. The needles are usually sterilised and new before they are inserted.
Benefits for back pain:
- It enhances the body's self-healing process by stimulating the acupuncture points.
- Releases your body from chronic pain and specifically helps the lumbar region in better balance so that back pain is avoided.
- This method warms the body and creates a more congenial environment for pain free good health.
- Protects it against pathogens.
- Contains natural liquids. Changes those liquids into other usable types of energy for the body.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves sleep.
- Improves the digestive framework.
- Gives you a sense of well-being
Apart from infrequent throbbing and soreness at the acupoints, there are no such side effects if you visit an established acupuncturist. If practiced by an experienced acupuncturist, the technique is highly effective and beneficial. Additionally, acupuncture is the safest therapy for back pain.
Individuals suffering from continuous back pain have observed needle therapy to be useful. Numerous Pain Clinics now utilize needle therapy as a standard treatment.
Pregnancy brings with it not only joy and celebrations, but also a lot of physical pain for the mother. This is not unexpected as the body has gone through a lot of transformation to nurture the baby within for almost 9 months and then finally deliver the baby. Whether it is a natural delivery or cesarean section, the immediate period after childbirth has a lot of pain to manage. Let us look at some of the major pains and ways to manage them - broadly categorized into abdominal and breastfeeding pain.
Abdominal pain. In the abdominal area, there are different areas that experience pain due to different reasons and need to be managed well.
Incision pain: If you had a cesarean section, then the incisions will itch and pain. Pain killers can be used for relief but the incisions will take some months to completely become normal. If there are associated symptoms like redness or bleeding, then it is a cause for concern.
Uterine contractions: With the uterus shrinking back to its original size after delivery, there are lot of contractions which can be painful. This will subside over the next few days but can be severe and take longer for second and third deliveries. This should be completely gone by the sixth week checkup.
Vaginal or perineal pain: If you have had normal delivery, then there would be an enormous amount of pressure in the vaginal and perineal (area between the vagina and anus) areas. There could even be tear in some cases (created by the doctor or accidental during birth) and would need repair. This can be more severe compared to other pains and will take longer to disappear. There could also be dryness in some women. The following will help ease the pain:
- Ease the pressure on the bottom by lying down as much as possible and resting
- Apply a cold gel pad to the area
- Warm baths
- Pelvic floor exercise which help healing by improving blood flow
- Use warm water to wash the area and pat dry to reduce the itching sensation
- Keep the area clean to avoid infection both to yourself and the baby
- opical creams may be used in some areas to relieve both the pain and the itching
Breastfeeding pain: An improper latch (the way the infant sucks) can lead to breastfeeding pain. A lactation consultant or a nurse can help train the mother and the infant. Breasts filled up with milk can also lead to painful, engorged feeling. Breast pumping or hand pumping can help relieve the pain.
These pains, though not deniable, can be managed with a little extra care so you can enjoy the newfound joy of motherhood.
I had used unwanted 72 n then had withdrawal bleeding seven days after it which lasted for two days. This bleeding started on 20 april and I'm due for my regular periods on 5 may. How late is my period going to be.
My wife FLP profile 1. FSH Serum 10.25mIU/ml 2. LH serum 2.59mIU/ml 3. prolactin serum 9.93 mIU/ml. Is this report is normal to became pregnant? please help.
I am a lactating mother of 9 months 2nd baby (my ist baby is 4 years old) due 2 which I have calcium deficiency since 1 week followed by the symptoms numbness &tingling in hands & feet. Pain in joints, hallucinations,memory loss. Sitting under the sunlight gives me some relief.
During my period I have sever abdominal pain, vomit, loose motion and indigestion problem. What should i do?
I had gestation diabetes during pregnancy. Can I use lactonic granules to increase breast milk supply?
Goals and attitudes:
Compared with previous attempts, how motivated to lose weight are you this time? score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely&nbsp;
How certain are you that you will stay committed to a weight loss program for the time it will take to reach your goal?
score 1 for cannot, 2 can somewhat, 3 uncertain, 4 can tolerate well, 5 can easily
Consider all outside stress in your life (work, family obligations, etc.) to what extent can you tolerate the effort required to stick to a diet?
score 1 for very unrealistic, 2 somewhat unrealistic, 3 moderately unrealistic, 4 somewhat realistic, 5 very realistic
Think honestly about how much weight you hope to lose and how quickly you hope to lose it. Figuring a weight loss of. 5kg to 1 kg per week, how realistic is your expectation?
score 1 for always, 2 frequently, 3 occasionally, 4 rarely, 5 never.
While dieting, do you fantasize about eating a lot of your favorite foods?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely
While dieting, do you feel deprived, angry, or upset?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely
Scored 6 to 16 - not a good time to diet; inadequate motivation and commitment and unrealistic goals can get in your way
Scored 17 to 23 - think about ways to boost your diet readiness before you begin
Scored 24 to 30 - bingo, your path is clear.
When food is mentioned, do you want to eat even if not hungry? score 1 never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 frequently, 5 always.
Do you have trouble controlling your eating when your favorite foods are around the house? score 1 always, 2 frequently, 3 occasionally, 4 rarely, 5 never.
How often do you eat because of physical hunger?
score 1 never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 frequently, 5 always.
Scored 3 to 6 - try to control the attitudes that occasionally make you overeat
Scored 7 to 9 - dieting will be easier if you try to resist external cues and eat only when you are physically hungry.
Score 1 if you would eat much less, 2 if you would eat somewhat less, 3 if it would make no difference, 4 if you would eat somewhat more, and 5 if you would eat much more:
Although you planned to skip lunch, you are talked into going out to eat.
You go off your diet by eating a fattening, forbidden food.
After faithfully following your diet you decide to test yourself by eating a %u201ctreat.%u201d
Scored 3 to 7 - you recover rapidly from mistakes, but should get professional help if you often alternate between strict dieting and eating out of control
Score 8 to 11 - you have a flexible, balanced program that is not disrupted by unplanned eating
Score 12 to 15 - your reaction to problem-causing eating events can be improved.
Binging and purging:
Have you ever eaten lots of food rapidly and felt the eating was excessive and out of control?
score 2 for yes, 0 for no.
If yes, how often over the past year?
score 1 for less than once a month, 2 about once a month, 3 a few times a month, 4 about once a week, 5 about 3 times a week, 6 daily:
Have you ever purged to control your weight by using laxatives, diuretics, or induced vomitingscore 5 for yes, 0 for no.
If yes, how often during the past year? score 1 for less than once a month, 2 about once a month, 3 a few times a month, 4 about once a week, 5 about 3 times a week, 6 daily:
Scored 0 to 1 - binge eating and purging are not your problem
Scored 2 to 11 - get professional help if these eating patterns arise more often
Scored 12 to 19 %u2013 your potentially serious eating problem needs immediate professional attention.
For each of the next three questions, score 1 never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 frequently, 5 always.
Do you overeat when you feel anxious, depressed, angry or lonely?
Do you celebrate feeling good by overeating?
When things don%u2019t go well with others or on your job, do you eat more than you would like?
Scored 3 to 8 - you don%u2019t seem to let emotions affect your eating
Scored 9 to 11 - monitor your occasional tendency to eat in response to emotional highs and lows and find alternative activities
Scored 12 to 15 - you need to find other ways than eating express your feelings.
How often do you exercise?
score 1 for never, 2 rarely, 3 occasionally, 4 somewhat, 5 frequently.
How confident are you that you can exercise regularly?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 highly, 5 completely.
Do you have a negative or positive picture about exercise in your mind?
score 1 for completely negative, 2 somewhat negative, 3 neutral, 4 somewhat positive, 5 completely positive.
How sure are you that you can work regular exercise into your daily schedule?
score 1 for not at all, 2 slightly, 3 somewhat, 4 quite, 5 extremely.
Scored 4 to 10 - change attitudes that are blocking your way to regular exercise
Scored 11 to 16 - to feel more positive about exercise, think of ways that are fun and fit your lifestyle
Scored 17 to 20 - your path is clear to a more active life.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
I am trying for a child, not successful since 2 months, my last period was not heavy, had brown discharge for 6 days, is it concerning. And what is the best way to conceive baby ASAP.
Pregnancy is considered to be one of the most challenging and important phases in the life of a woman.
Pregnancy Complications are health problems that occur during pregnancy. They can involve the mother’s health, the baby’s health, or both. Some women have health problems before they become pregnant that could lead to complications. Other problems arise during the pregnancy. Keep in mind that whether a complication is common or rare, there are ways to manage problems that come up during pregnancy.
Some complications that might occur during pregnancy are discussed below:
- Severe Nausea and Vomiting: It is common for nausea and vomiting to occur during a pregnancy. In order to avoid this condition, one should consume several small meals throughout the day and completely avoid spicy and fatty foods.
- A persistent abdominal pain, severe headache, swelling and visual disturbances during the third trimester: This can be a fatal condition and often is a sign of high blood preeclampsia (pregnancy complication involving high blood pressure as well as damage to another organ system). It can be diagnosed early using good prenatal care which essentially comprises of frequent check-ups with the doctor and all the necessary treatment during pregnancy.
- Flu Symptoms: It is recommended that flu vaccine should be administered to pregnant women as they usually tend to develop the disease during their pregnancy.
- Gestational Diabetes: Gestational diabetes can increase the chance of a larger baby at birth and create delivery complications, increase your risk for high blood pressure and cause the baby to have blood sugar problems after birth. If you are diagnosed, it’s important to consult your gynecologist to control your blood sugar level, which can often be done through diet and exercise.
- Baby’s activity level significantly declines: Sometimes, the activity of a previously active baby might decline. This can be felt by reducing the number of the kicks by the baby. The doctor has specific equipment that aids in identifying and resolving the problem.
- Bleeding: Heavy bleeding accompanied by abdominal pain and menstrual-type cramps during the first trimester might indicate an ectopic pregnancy (embryo is implanted outside one’s uterus) or a miscarriage while occurrence in the third semester indicates placental abruption (characterized by the placenta separating from the womb’s walls). Any form of bleeding warrants the immediate attention of the doctor. Steps to avoid bleeding include bed rest, avoiding heavy work, and keeping yourself hydrated.
A Healthy Pregnancy-
The best way to ensure a healthy pregnancy is to focus on the things you can control and don’t obsess about what could happen. Take good care of yourself and your developing baby and talk with a healthcare provider when you have concerns.
I'm pregnant and this is 12th week going on. Now suddenly I wont see any white discharge and I have history of abortion at 11 weeks. So I m worried is this normal.
According to Avicenna, the best time is by full moon at early morning. He also devised clear times during the month when the procedure is appropriate: “Some authorities advise against the procedure at the beginning of the lunar month, because the humors (bodily fluids) are not yet on the move or not in a state of agitation; he also was against performing it at the end of the lunar month, because at that period (of the cycle) the humors are less plentiful.” The tide of the seas due to the lunar pull begins to weaken from day 17 to 27 of the lunar calendar and the blood-flow slows down – during this time the Hijama therapist gets the best access to the old tissue in the blood that causes hardening, pain and illness, for example in the shoulder blades area or other areas of the back such as the neck or lower back prone to hardening of the tissue and muscle spasms.
Contact for cupping therapy in delhi: M 8287833547