Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamaljeet S SachdevaYour feedback matters!
My son studying in 6 standard, every day he studies for 2-3 hours, but he cannot remember nor able to write correctly what he had studied yesterday. Kindly suggest the solution how to maintain the memory what he had studied. Also their is regularly etching on his dody, he is 10 years old because of that lot of etching mark on his hands.
My daughter is just 2 and half year old but has many symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder. She needs many things to be in proper positions. Even at midnight gets up and cries, even if she gets one wrinkle in bedsheet.Really don't understand how to tackle this behaviour? Get worried if it will increase with age?
Sir, My son who is 2 months old he not doing potty (latrine) on regular basis since one month he has done potty only thrice with the help of medicines request for some good suggestion thanks.
Sir my son is 13 years old. His activities remains delayed as compared to the normal child by birth. At present he seems 2nd standard. IQ have borderline. He do not go to school. Pehlay bhi yeh mushkil se school jaata tha. School main teacher se apne aap kuchh nahin bolta. Gussa bahut karta hai ghar main. Sara din ghar main sabhi ke sath mar pitai karta hai. Galat kam karne par use toke to veh bhut gussa karta hai aur aap se bahar ho jata hai. Iski badi bahan 15 saal ki hai aur choti behan 5 sal ki hai. Vase weh cricket, badminton etc. Khel leta hai. Lakin use har bardasht nahi. Harne par weh hinsak ho jata hai pariwar walo ka sath. Doctor sahab sare pariwar wale is bache se bahut presan hai. Apollo hospital se bhi ilaaj kara chuke hai. Bacha ghar se bhar akele jaane se ghabrata hai. Doctor shab koi advice dijiye.
Hi I have stomach pain from last three days back pain and ulcer in mouth also Please suggest what shout I do.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.