Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamaljeet S SachdevaYour feedback matters!
My son is suffering from runny nose and is sneezing frequently. He is 1.4 years old. Which medicine should be given and also tell dosage as early as possible.
Hello, my child 9.5 yrs old and some times he is facing pain in right side of chest and some times he need to stress to breath. Its very few times found like 2 -4 instances in 6 months, specifically when he is running in good speed or jumping with a stress or sitting idle watching tv.
I'm unable to feed my new born baby due to lack of breast milk. I need a pharmaceutical solution for this ? Not ayurvedic.
My baby is 5 and half months old. Her eyes are reddish color. Her weight also decreasing day by day.
After ultrasound sonography black dot was spotted out in baby's heart. Is this dangerous for baby health. Also some infection was pointed out by a doctor in urine test. Request you to please guide me and share me the some references regarding this.
My son was doing white clay color potty from past 3 days and had gone to the doctor and has told to take usg abdomen, lft, cbc as he suspects liver haemangioma because he has haemangioma in half of his face. Physically he checked and wrote as enlarged spleen and liver is this a major issue. Kindly help as its very tensed.
Hi my baby girl is 50 days old. Having fever since last 7 days. Doctor has given paracetamol drops and asked to give 4 times a day. There is was no improvement after two days so we visited doctor again he suggested to wait for four days with same medicines and come after that. Now after 5 days fever is continue. Kindly suggest, should I wait further.
My Son is 9 years old he is a bright and happy kid. He was very hyperactive and defiant. He was having trouble making friends and trouble at school and while playing, because he was fighting with kids. He was not listen to us not follow our instructions, he was too much hyperactive and aggressive. Things got changed from last 2 years after consulting with Neurologist, he has suggested to take (2Ml of Sizodon night) along with this we have giving him behavior therapy he has improved a lot nobody can believe me he was diagnosed with ADHD But from last 3 months he suffering ill every alternate week he is getting fever, headache, stomach pain, gastric I'm not sure because of this medicine side effect or some other reason. Kindly request you suggest what shall we do now. Please let me know whom should I contact.
I have a 10 month old baby he is having cold since 8 days rather more of congestion I can also see him breathing through mouth cuz of congestion what should I do about it?
My 3 years old sister suffering from Diarrhea doctor said to avoid rice and milk she is hungry what we should give her to eat please tell me soon and also tell me up to what stage we should avoid rice and milk please tell me soon.
My baby is 3 years old. She suck her thumb before n after sleep. How can we forget her habit. We already tried many things to remove this habit.
My baby is 22 months old. He was vit D deficient with >10 count. After 3 months we did the test and it showed sufficiency about 48.3. After 3 months we did another test it showed 43.9 even if we continued giving supplement (not booster. Then doctor told to stop giving supplements. Is there any chance for lowering vit d if we stopped giving supplement? Is he normal now? And his hb count is 10.3.
Study Smarter and Not Harder!
There are few things I hear over and over again from students -
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study.
And the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve.
There are two ways to improve your concentration:
First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
Ideas for daily concentration-boosting habits include:
- Mindfulness meditation - many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep - I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain - The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumocity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier - your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise - is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4-5 hours of study very efficient.
Optimize your mental state and environment:
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
Create a study space - Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
Remove distractions - Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
Reduce background noises - If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
Use timer - Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
Stay motivated - If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying.
That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
Take breaks - Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How can I help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; book an audio consultation with me. Once I know what your current study methods are, I will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate my tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!