Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamaljeet S SachdevaYour feedback matters!
My 4 years old son is allergic to cold things. I hv given him lot of treatment but no effect. He is fond of curd lassie banana. But as he take cough and cold starts. What should I do for him.
My son is 9 year old, he is speaking very fast and repeating words and very bad pronounce continue walking or moving body cant stable any place for 2 minute, some times he lost presence of others, less sleeping, poor health, short memories. Thanks and regards
Hi, my 1.5 years old daughter is having fever and cough cold for 4 days. Temp increases mostly in night. Her head usually gets hotter than other body parts. I have consulted a pediatrician and she has given few syrup. Paracetamol plus two other syrups. But the fever has not come down yet. For few hours she gets normal with temp 99.6 or 99.8 but most of the time it's 100 or 102. 3F. I am keeping a mild cold water napkin on her forehead for 2-3 times a day. Please suggest if I should go visit the doctor again or this fever is normal and she will be alright. She is on medication since three days. Please reply ASAP. I am scared. Also recommend best pediatrician in South delhi taking appointment in evening between 5-8.
Is it healthwise safe for a less than one month old infant to travel through train for approx 24 hour long journey?
Hi My 4 and half year old baby girl. Sometimes I feel that my kid can hear properly. Sometimes I call her lots of time but no response. What is the reason please suggest.
He is a 7 months kid and he was suffering from cold continuously for 1 month and got checked by doctor but it is coming again what are the precautions to be taken.
Sir my 5 months baby girl looks week and she sucking her all finger all time after feeding. Can I give her any other think.
My daughter is 4 year old. She is suffering from cough last 6 month & also dark circles under eyes. please suggest what to do.
Dear doctors; our baby is 10 days old. And he had a skin jaundice on 4th day after birth (bilirubin was 14.6 ); and hence treated for one day and again measured which showed the bilirubin level as 10.2. And released eventually. Now I want to know the symptoms of skin jaundice as we take the precautions, and one thing. For the first 7 days his stool was blackish, but now it is yellow. Is it any way related to high bilirubin level. But his urine is crystal clear, please advice.
My daughter in law is 30 years old feeding her one year old baby. She is suffering from back pain fatigue and weakness. Vit. D estimation shows deficiency having 11.44 ng/ml value. Question is whether it will be safe for baby to prescribe Calcirol to my daughter in law. What will be the safest medicine.
Hi Dr. I am 31 years old female. One month before I lost my son during delivery as it was preterm labor and true knot. There is fibroids in posterior side equal to egg size my Dr. said I got preterm labor due to this egg size fibroid. Now she has given me medicine named fibristal 5 mg. Before starting to take this medicine just wanted to know whether this medicine can cure my egg size fibroids. please advice.
My daughter is not eating anything, even milk also I referred to Dr. n he advised me these medicines Ferikind M, Calshine, Caldikind and Pedic Drops She now loses her weight also What can I do? Please advice me panacea Thanks.
My 17 month old daughter gets cold often. She has haemoglobin 9.1.what special diet to be given and what to expect avoided. please prescribe.
A nutritional disorder, the problem of rickets occurs if your child suffers from a deficiency of calcium, phosphate or Vitamin D. It causes softened and damaged bones, skeletal deformities, impaired development of the bone's growth plate (a spot of growing tissue found near the end of a long bone in adolescents and children) and stunted growth.
Here are few very simple ways you can prevent your child from getting it:
1. Having Vitamin D and calcium rich foods - One of the best ways to prevent this nutritional disorder from affecting your child is by making sure he or she have foods that are high in Vitamin D and calcium. Egg yolks, fish oil or fatty fish like salmon and mackerel are some of the Vitamin D foods that your child can have to strengthen his bones. Even foods that have Vitamin D added to it such as cereals, orange juice, milk and infant formula can also be given to your child. Sources of calcium can be soyabeans, nuts, broccoli, cabbage, cheese and yoghurt.
2. Going out in the sun - Considered to be an excellent source of Vitamin D, getting your child exposed to sunlight is another excellent way of getting most of this nutrient, as well as preventing him or her from developing rickets. Although the exposure time may vary from individual to individual, about 10-15 minutes of sun exposure without sunscreen can help.
3. Having Vitamin D supplements - Even the consumption of Vitamin D supplements can reduce your child's risk of getting rickets. Since mother's milk contains less than the recommended Vitamin D amount, infants too need to be put on Vitamin D supplements of 400 IU each day. For teenagers and young children, the recommended dosage is 600 IU of Vitamin D every day.
Sleep is the most important aspect for a healthy beign, but for kids it is of utmost priority. Lack of sleep can often have a negative impact on the brain funtioning of kids along with accidents. Listed below are the major sleep disorders in children along with their causative factors:
1. Sleepwalking: It is not uncommon for children under the age of 10 to sleep walk. Despite being harmless on its own, the effects of sleep walking can be dangerous such as stepping outdoors or hurting themselves during sleep. If the child runs into objects while sleep walking, they might wake up and hence further worsen the situation.
2. Nightmares: They might be general or result from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Nightmares, if frequent, can make falling asleep a tedious task. Nightmares in children are common and they usually begin to reduce in frequency by 9 years of age.
3. Obstructive sleep apnea: Snoring might be the result of improper respiration while sleeping and while it isn’t a cause of worry, regular snoring might lead to insufficient oxygen during sleep, thus making shut eye a challenge. It might be hereditary or the result of a deviated nasal septum or blocked nose. The snoring might hamper the quality of sleep.
4. Bedwetting: This is something most children experience, but usually grow out of by the time they turn six. It doesn’t need to be a cause of concern unless the frequency doesn’t reduce over time and more than two instances of bedwetting take place in a week.
5. Insomnia in children: It can be due to a host of factors and coping with changes to their normal lifestyle is one of the biggest triggers. Mental disorders such as anxiety and stress due to a variety of reasons (like the death of a loved one) may also be the cause of distress and lead to troubled or incomplete sleep.
6. Excessive daytime sleepiness: Excess naps throughout the day, always feeling lethargic or experiencing trouble waking up in the morning may be symptomatic of EDS. It isn’t uncommon in adults either wherein despite apparent proper sleep; energy levels seem to be low throughout the day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.