Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal VermaYour feedback matters!
My father got prostate surgery on 14/12/2016. Nowadays he is facing problem of constipation, is there any remedy for it, is it the side effects of surgery.
How is cancer caused and how can I avoid, is it true that cancer caused by having something from plastic.
The oral cavity consists of the lips, gums, teeth, cheeks (buccal mucosa), the frontal 66% of the tongue, the hard top of the mouth (hard palate), the floor of the mouth beneath the tongue and the region behind the wisdom teeth (retromolar trigone). Development of oropharyngeal cancer occurs in the region of the throat behind the mouth, called the oropharynx. The oropharynx starts where the oral depression closes.
The World Health Organization states that oral cancer ranks eleventh in terms of the common cancer around the world. It is commonly found in men and its spread is slightly higher in developing countries. Excessive consumption of alcohol and tobacco contributes to around 90% of oral cavity cancer cases.
Cancerous oral growth is dealt with procedures which are similar to treatments of different cancers i.e. with the assistance of surgery followed by radiation treatment. In radiation treatments, patients may need to manage the various side effects. Specialists at the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) along with the Regional Cancer Centre in Kerala have made a mouthwash utilizing herbal substances, as recommended in Ayurveda, which can help in diminishing the intense amount of pain in patients experiencing radiation therapy for oral cancer.
Other important Ayurvedic remedies may entail the following:
- Lemon: A deficiency of vitamin C is experienced in the body once you are diagnosed with oral cancer. Therefore, consuming fresh lemon juice, which is rich in vitamin C, around 3 to 4 times a day, is very helpful
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in 'beta-carotene' which is considered to be an anti-cancer nutrient. It is recommended for patients suffering from oral cancer since it is a source of antioxidants. Consumption of at least 1 glass of carrot juice per day helps in fighting this form of cancer.
- Grape Seed: The seeds of the grapefruit are rich in antioxidants which help to destroy the radical cells. These radical cells damage the cells present in the mouth, thus causing oral cancer. The vitamin E, C and beta-carotene present in grapes strengthen the immunity system. The grapes should be crushed to form a paste and the liquid should be strained to form a juice. Consume this juice 3-4 times in a day.
- Bitter gourd: It is rich in alpha eleostearic acid, which helps in elimination of cancerous cells without affecting the normal ones.
Is there any medication in allopathy for prostrate enlargement? Is surgery the only option available?
I couldn't leave tobacco after several planning. I think I am already suffered from cancer as could not take slight chilly. So please advise, what to do?
Sir Tell treatment of blood cancer. Any possibility to facing final stage person to come real life. Any hope.
Hi, My father is detected with stomach cancer with signet ring cell morphology. He underwent partial gastrectomy surgery. Pathologist tested removed tumor and lymph nodes and gave report that the cancer is in stage 3 now. Oncologist suggested to undergo 28 sittings of radiation along with 3 chemo injections in parallel. Chemo injections are given once in every two weeks. My father is diabetic and suffering with hypertension. His age is 59 years. Can he undergo this treatment? What could be the side effects? Does he need to undergo 28 sittings of radiation? Please help me with your answers.
I have a symptoms of ovarian cancer, but I am not sure, that it's cancer or what? Can you tell me the test? For being sure about this.
My Mother 72 years heavy weight and diabetic (on insulin injections) underwent Breast cancer surgery about 5 month back. The surgery went well but since then she has been having itching in the back- which was not there before with all her medicines. Have consulted skin specialists but all creams etc. Given provide only partial relief. Skin does not seems to show any significant signs of rashes etc. Other approaches like oil etc. Again provide partial relief only. The additional medicine prescribed was Arimidex 1mg but the itching problem started even before this was added. Looking for any advise on what to do and whom to consult.
My father was detected with localized prostate cancer last year and was followed by a heart attack later. His age is 61 years. He then have to undergo angioplasty with a non-drug eluting stent. Over one year has passed and his Stress test reports are excellent now as per cardiologist. Can he undergo a radical prostatectomy (prostate cancer surgery ) now or it will be risky for him to undergo surgery? Thank you.
I am having few breast fibroid in my right breast approx 2 cm width ND few small swelling. So what can I do.
My mother had breast cancer and doctor's says she is in advance stage as per reports its spread in lungs and liver. But after 3 oral chemotherapy she is good recovery and able for any treatment. My question is which is best treatment in this stage?
While doing sex my partner press my boobs badly. I feel alot of pain in my boobs. Is it necessary to press boobs while doing sex?
I'm having swelling in my left breast since 2-3 weeks plus yesterday I felt pain as well for the first time but today its fine. My periods were regular as usual and i am active in sex. Though im not in pain as such but swelling is there. Im scared to tell my parents as I live in village area n there we do not have ladies doctors. I will have to travel to a gayani in city. What shall I do. I do have kinda bump in left side.
My uncle is suffers from prostate gland problem. What is ideal diet for this problem before operation?
Hi, I am 28 years old. When pressed over my breast it pains but after the periods is over the tenderness is less. But now I found my left nipple inverted a little but when touched it gets averted. Do I need to worry and visit a gynae?
GOOD LIFESTYLE CAN SHRINK TUMORS & COMBAT CANCER.
We exactly do not know what causes Cancer & but there are various organizations that are working hard to continuously review and assess the body of evidence on diet, physical activity and cancer.
The 2007 report by WCRF/AICR International state 10 point recommendation for prevention of Cancer.
AICR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CANCER PREVENTION:
1. Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
2. Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods (particularly processed foods high in sugar, or low in fiber, or high in fat).
4. Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes, such as beans.
5. Limit consumption of red meats, such as beef, pork and lamb, and avoid processed meats.
6. If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
7. Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium).
8. Don’t use supplements to protect against cancer. Special Population Recommendations
9. It’s best for mothers to breastfeed exclusively for six months and then add other liquids and foods.
10. After treatment, cancer survivors should follow the recommendations for cancer prevention. And always remember – do not smoke or chew tobacco
RULE OF THUMB FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Use these tips to make more walking part of your day:
• Start parking at the perimeter of the lot or two blocks away if you’re using street parking, instead of trying to get as close as possible to your destination.
• If you take public transportation, get off the train or bus when you are a stop away.
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you’re heading for the 20th floor, walk up a few flights and then catch the elevator.
• Recruit a partner for after-lunch walks.
• Go for a 30-minute walk every day, or two 15-minute walks: one each morning and one each evening. These changes may mean you have to leave the house 15 or 20 minutes earlier.
The goal is lifelong health, so reset your alarm. On weekends, walk when doing your errands or to other destinations like museums or movies.