Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamal Verma
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal VermaYour feedback matters!
For the past 2 months, I am suffering from gum inflammation and lymphnode on my left cheek and have taken few antibiotics like Amoxylin, Roxy. OPG confirms nothing. Have applied dologel CT also but no cure. What to do? Is surgery required?
Prolonged use of johnson and johnson baby powder and other talcum base product if use for decade for female hygiene can lead to ovarian cancer.
Penis cancer is a form of cancer which affects the penis. It can be caused due to poor hygiene, not being circumcised, HPV infection (human papillomavirus), engaging in coitus with many sexual partners and overuse of tobacco.
Facts about Penis Cancer:
Malignant cancer cells start to form in the tissues of the penis.
Redness, discharge, irritation, sores, lumps and bleeding is characterized by penis cancer.
Treatment and prognosis usually depends on the stage, size and location of the tumor.
Symptoms of Penis Cancer:
A lumpy feeling on the penis.
Change in the color of an area in the penis.
A part of the skin in the penis becoming thicker.
A sore (ulcer) that can bleed.
A velvety and reddish rash.
Growths which are bluish- brown and flat.
Smelly discharge of fluid under the penis-foreskin.
Swelling can occur at the end of the penis where the foreskin usually ends.
Lymph nodes in the groin area which spreads to the penis.
Diagnosing Penis Cancer:
CAT Scan (CT Scan): This is a procedure in which detailed pictures of a particular area in your body is taken from different angles. A dye is swallowed or injected so that the organs are shown more clearly. This procedure is also called computerized axial tomography or computerized tomography.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): This procedure involves using radio waves, magnetic waves and a computer to make a picture of an area inside the body. A chemical called gadolinium is injected in the vein so that the cancer cells can show up bigger and brighter in the detailed picture.
Ultrasound Exam: This procedure involves ultrasounds (high-energy sound waves) bounce of organs and internal tissues. This helps to detect the cancer cells. The echoes form a detailed picture of body tissues.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Breast cancer, is a type of cancer, which is common to women, where cancer cells grow on the breasts or the female mammary gland. It starts out with the formation of a small lump in your breast and can spread out to your other organs very rapidly. It generally affects women above forty years of age. Breast cancer can be classified into two types. They can either start forming on the inner linings of your milk ducts ( known as Ductal carcinoma) or in the lobules which supply milk (known as Lobular carcinoma).
There are many causes responsible for breast cancer they are mentioned below:
- Obesity or post-menopausal obesity (Learn more about Heart Diseases Post Menopause)
- Exposure to frequent radiation (X-ray)
- Consumption of alcohol
- Being taller than average
- Start of periods at an early age
- Late menopause
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Consumption of birth control pills
The most common symptoms of breast cancer are as follows:
- Formation of a lump in your breast
- Swelling or shrinking of your breast
- Change of size, shape and color of your nipple
- Blood or milk discharge from the nipple
- Breast pain
- Itching sensation
- Appearance of rashes (Learn more about to maintain the skin health)
Breast cancer if not diagnosed and treated at an early stage may turn out to be fatal. Ayurveda offers promising cures for breast cancer.
A few of the Ayurvedic remedies are mentioned below:
- Include foods, which are well supplied with vitamin D in your diet. Researches show that women with less amount of vitamin D in their bodies are more likely to develop breast cancer. Consider including foods like eggs, orange juice, dairy products and fish like salmon in your diet.
- Drink more of green tea as it has anti cancer properties.
- Exercises like walking, yoga, meditation and certain breast exercises can help you to relax the pain sensation, reduce stress and also get cured.
- Incorporate bitter gourd in your diet. Researches show that bitter gourd can kill those cancer cells, which cause breast cancer.
- Ayurvedic herbs like Ashwagandha, tulsi, curcumin have certain properties that can destroy cancer cells.
Since, breast cancer has less survival rates, it is absolutely essential for you to visit an Ayurvedic practitioner if you wish to get cured through Ayurvedic treatment.
Adopt a healthy lifestyle to reduce your risk of getting this disease:
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range (bmi - 18-25)
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer. Also discuss the need to getting genetic testing.
Breast cancer can also be detected early. Remember these three simple tips:
1. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
2. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
3. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age