Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal VermaYour feedback matters!
I am 63 years old male. I have been diagnosed With BPH for the past 6 years. I am on Alfucin Since then. Also I am suffering from erectile dysfunction for more than 8 years now. Sidnofil Citrate and other medication doesn't provide the desired result.Would you 'please suggest some remedies for my condition.
My right breast has lumps and when I touch the part that is below my nipple, I feel little pain, and in my right armpit too. There is a lump in my right armpit which is sore to touch. I am a 21 year old female. What should I do?
I am 45 years old. I am suffering from prostate enlarge. Burning and pain in urine. On pressor urine and latrin release simen from my penise. I am eating medicine aurved, unani. But no releif. I am diabetic.
My friend is an occasional smoker and drinker actually three years before he was addicted to it but right he has reduced it much. Yesterday he went to hospital with his friend who was afraid of having lung cancer and finally doctor told that his friend is having cancer symptoms. Right now my friend is afraid Abt he getting affected. He doesn't have any symptoms but I want to prevent it rather than curing it. If there are any home remedies available to get rid of this before getting ill due to disease. Please suggest me those remedies.
Deepan is 6 years old children is affected by Evings sarcoma bone cancer in his right leg. The Doctors were told to me better to remove his leg. It has spreading 12 cm now in first stage. But his leg is totally 24 cm only. How can I prevent his leg without removing. Anyone can help me? Pls. I'm his guardian. Is it going costly? Struggling all of my side.
Which is better for Cancer therapy, Alternative medicine i. E. Based on plant and natural products or chemotherapy and radiation therapy?
I have enlarged prostrate. This was routinely detected in ultrasound. What do you suggest. I am taking urimax D.Except that I have to go more often to pass urine there is no pain any where. Can you suggest something to get relief.
What are the symptoms of blood cancer and prevention of this. Treatment of blood cancer. How many hospitals in india treat this.
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.